Maybe it's all Red Engine's fault?

+
I'm more inclined to believe the rumors on this one.

That being the game was rushed after being largely rewritten to "stitch in" what was likely once a significant side quest as the new main story. Leaving no reasonable period of time for polish and thorough QA before the hard release date set by management.

The narrative fits the current state of the game.
Thats something someone on reddit came up with and others keep spamming. In the 2018 trailer Silverhand appears to V after he installs the biochip, gets shot, and left in the dump. Just like in the final game.

pretty sure the issue is just harware limitations
night city is massive and some places have huge crowds

complex npc ai would never work on that scale on console hardware
they had to cut corners where they could

i think redengine is pretty impressive
try spawning that many npcs on bethesta´s creation engine on a moderatly sized map, turn on their ai packages and see what happens.

I forgot why any of that is our problem?
Who made CD Projekt Red big? Ah yes the PC Gamers. Who came in later? Ah yes the console gamers. Who has the bad Hardware? Ah yes the console gamers. Who has the bigger market share? Ah yes the PC Gamers.

This isn't about PC Master Race or the Console Peasants as some [...] call these arguments but simple logic.

If my main Audience is PC Gamers who can run alot more and have the way better Hardware i should at least make sure they can play to the extend that was promised.
But if you decide to also include the much lower hardware that is alread outdated for almost a decade and you have to cut stuff out for it to work which ends up not working on either plattforms, well you are in for all kinds of trouble.

It does not work or look good on PC with max settings. (And many people who claim that have fangirl glasses on)
It does most of the time not even work in general on console.

So by trying to include everyone which was a bad idea from the start (Either console only or only next gen consoles only or PC only etc. until i get it to work as intended) you tried to get everything but ended up only with a little bit of something that seems to kinda work but not really.

Thats like making a car that you claim can be SUV, Race, Limousine etc. at the same time but end up making a car that does a bit of everything but nothing 100% which makes the car fail at literally everything.

I hate to compare it to other games but

GTA 5 does literally everything better.
Fallout 4 does many things better.
Skyrim has the better melee system.
Even Final Fantasy XV has a flying car but in Cyberpunk you can only see or use them in cutscenes.........

And i do not see how CDPR can fix any of that because console hardware is limited so the downgrade will stay for those versions. Meanwhile the PC Versions could be upgraded to alot but the quests, voice overs, missing features etc? That wont be happening

pretty sure the issue is just harware limitations
night city is massive and some places have huge crowds

complex npc ai would never work on that scale on console hardware
they had to cut corners where they could

i think redengine is pretty impressive
try spawning that many npcs on bethesta´s creation engine on a moderatly sized map, turn on their ai packages and see what happens.
Should have went with the RAGE ENGINE... whoops

I mean what else can be?

original.jpg

mbrto

Forum regular
lol gta, i didnt even finish that game
was bored after a few hours

cp2077 was just an amazing experience and i enjoyed every minute of it
when it comes to storytelling the game really shines

I'm a bit of an outsider in regards to Witcher, someone might have to explain it to me;

From my POV Witcher 3 was critically acclaimed as a piece of art.. How did Cyberpunk so quickly bring hate on CDPR and does the Witcher 3 with all it greatness not reflect on CDPR in turn gaining faith and trust between CDPR and CDPR fans?

Like I said I'm not I'm the know but it appears to me as if Witcher 3 was never any good, warranting the huge amount of hostilities toward Cyberpunk.

People forget a lot of things. I believe that the main difference between how the witcher and cyberpunk ware received is the release time. People tend to outcry and nitpick a lot more today.

The Witcher 3 had its fair share of problems, errors, and broken promises. As an example:

* Modders were supposed to use redkit 3, but all we got was the devkit.
* Monsters should have attack towns and start dynamic quests.
* A living ecosystem where predators attacking pray and follow them, killing predators attracts small monsters, killing small monsters attracts bigger monsters.
* The last quarter of the witcher 3 is a mess due to cut content.
* The graphic downgrade controversy.

The Witcher 3 was judged for what it gave, but people are judging cyberpunk by what got cut.

Cyberpunk has a lot of problems. I am convinced that CDPR will resolve them in the coming future

I am 147 hours in the game, I still need to meet an important NPC, but I postpone it because I enjoy the game so much.

Last edited:
Thats something someone on reddit came up with and others keep spamming. In the 2018 trailer Silverhand appears to V after he installs the biochip, gets shot, and left in the dump. Just like in the final game.

And that proves what exactly?

That a quest cut-scene that could have just as easily been part of a side quest, was actually used in the game?

It's a cut-scene. It's in the game. That's it. It doesn't "prove" anything about it's implementation one way or the other.

People forget a lot of things. I believe that the main difference between how the witcher and cyberpunk ware received is the release time. People tend to outcry and nitpick a lot more today.

The Witcher 3 had its fair share of problems, errors, and broken promises. As an example:

* Modders were supposed to use redkit 3, but all we got was the devkit.
* Monsters should have attack towns and start dynamic quests.
* A living ecosystem where predators attacking pray and follow them, killing predators attracts small monsters, killing small monsters attracts bigger monsters.
* The last quarter of the witcher 3 is a mess due to cut content.
* The graphic downgrade controversy.

The Witcher 3 was judged by what it gave, but people judging cyberpunk by what got cut.

Cyberpunk has a lot of problems. I am convinced that CDPR will resolve them in the coming future

I am 147 hours in the game, I still need to meet an important NPC, but I postpone it because I enjoy the game so much.
You me are at the same amount of hours. Hi choomba nice to meet you. I did just craft 300 epic grenades then dismantled them and sold the unneeded components.. I dunno who will see this but I was able to take all the eddies out of Japan town and sort broke the game in a positive way. I was crafting rare com's from scratch.

I just made 120k eddies in 3 sales :D

And that proves what exactly?

That a quest cut-scene that could have just as easily been part of a side quest, was actually used in the game?

It's a cut-scene. It's in the game. That's it. It doesn't "prove" anything about it's implementation one way or the other.
It doesn't prove that it was a part of a side quest. I don't know CDPR's initial plan, and I don't think that I will ever will. I've seen some of the profs like the 47 min gameplay. Other than Jakey's new car portion, everything is similar in the final version. If you talk to Meridith before talking to Jakey and tell Jakey about it, he will suggest to follow you. When I played I accidentally pressed no, therefore I don't know the outcome for accepting his suggestion. But there is an option to do it.
Post automatically merged:

You me are at the same amount of hours. Hi choomba nice to meet you. I did just craft 300 epic grenades then dismantled them and sold the unneeded components.. I dunno who will see this but I was able to take all the eddies out of Japan town and sort broke the game in a positive way. I was crafting rare com's from scratch.

I just made 120k eddies in 3 sales :D
Nice mate :)

Last edited:
I mean what else can be? I don't have any other proper explanation?! They had all the money and all the time to create this game.
They didn't have the time. That is obvious when visible map holes are in the game. Why they didn't have the time. That is up to what happened during the development process. Many possible reasons. I causally drove out of bounds. Because they never closed the map off correctly

photomode_07012021_210812.png
photomode_07012021_210627.png

Last edited:
complex npc ai on that scale is just not going to happen with current gen console hardware
I don't get it. How Assassin's Creed Unity managed to do it then? And GTA5 was released on PS3/Xbox 360 with almost the best city AI ever.

They didn't have the time. That is obvious when visible map holes are in the game. Why they didn't have the time. That is up to what happened during the development process. Many possible reasons.

This is why I think the rumor that Johnny Silverhand's role in the game was greatly expanded from side quest to main story plot is 100% truth.

It's the only major decision that could have led to all these issues and problems making it to the player after EIGHT YEARS. Because the game plays and feels like it was only in actual development for two. And all of the pre-2018 promo material supports that theory.

Nope.

Its never an engines fault, it is its technicians fault. Blaming an engine is like blaming a car instead of its creator.

Red dead 2 is built on an engine from 2006 made for some tennis game e.g.

Food for thought.

All I know choomba is Cyberpunk took my world by storm, if I compare it to my last 25years of gaming Cyberpunk takes the lead by a long shot. That's the perspective of a hardcore gamer that didn't have any expectations.

*shrugs*

Omg, this right here. This by far was the only post that made perfect sense to me in this entire thread.

Thank you sir. You are the winner today.

How long does it take to patch holes in the map though? It feels more like low effort "I spend more time near the coffee vending machine instead of my working cubicle".
You do no leave the edge of maps open in random locations like this. This is not a over-site or bug. This is swath of areas missing the boarder wall. There's a building that has its top floating in the desert. Which is marked on the map. Like it was planned and they forgot they did it partially. There are missions with logic issues. Because they didn't test them enough to catch them. Like the On dreams mission. It's very obvious people would climb to the roof of the penthouse. And find the wires before the secret room. The mission bugs out because it was done out of sequence.

There's also plants that are floating near Kerry's house location. Because they had reshaped the floor at some point. And never corrected this areas plants. Leaving the map allows you to drive down the road that is used for Panam's ending. It even triggers the cutscenes music. Also see the standing NPC's that where used for the Nomad intro when we drive into the city. You can drive up to the end of the world. Which is around 8.5KM away.
photomode_07012021_210702.png

This is an example of them rushing to close the map. Cars still have their pathing going through these walls. This area screams being incomplete.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom