[Maybe Spoilers] Oda's ending

+
Sorry for my English

It's known that in the devil ending, if didn't kill Oda in Play it Safe and save Takemura, he'll temporarily cooperate with V (and Takemura). In other endings, it didn’t mention what happened to him, even in the final mission, he never appearance.
However, in the star ending (don't know how about other non-devil endings),
it mention that Hanako dead in the assault of Arasaka but also didn't mention Oda.
It's known that Oda is the bodyguard of Hanako, it's also obvious from the plot that he's very loyal to her. Takemura (if save him) also didn't mention Oda after all ending. Like Oda disappeared.

Is anyone wondering what happened to Oda after the non-devil ending? Is he executed secretly or has been killed in a place where the player can't see? Or seriously injured? Or similar to Takemura?I think DLC might, may, probably have his (and Takemura's) role.

It's my guess: If Oda alive, V may meet him again in some way, he is no longer the proud ninja, maybe even not able to fight anymore because of seriously injured. If Takemura alive too, he may be the one to take care of Oda. Then V’s chance may come, he/she fall in love with this cutie:sad::sad::sad:There may be the worst result, V find Oda's body under the sea
like if Meridith lose in The Pickup mission

Oda has a cute face, edgy style and tsundere personality, but at least for now, he is only few appearances. I think he is a potential character in future DLC.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
i dont really like both of them personally...

but for dlc ideas hmm... maybe after everything what happend to arasaka and smasher in the endings - Oda could go rogue with a splitter grp of whatever is left from arasaka trying to hunt you down for personal manners - like Aaron Keener in Division. Building his own squad to take revenge on v and takumura or even to take control of arasaka at all. wouldnt like to see him as a friendly companion tho more like a bad ass antagonist with a ninja squad like maxtecs mantisblade runners. hmm... yeah that could be nice ^^

I have a little idea :)
(not sur, but based on few facts)

In all ending (except Devil), Yorinobu is alive.
In the star ending, if you listen the radio, Hanako is dead (certainly kill by Yorinobu).
Oda being his devoted bodyguard, we can easily conclude that he is also dead.
So in all the endings where yorinobu is alive, Hanoko and Oda die.

Which would also explain Goro's friendly holocall in those ending.

I hope, i'm not too wrong :)

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

It's known that in the devil ending, if didn't kill Oda in Play it Safe and save Takemura, he'll temporarily cooperate with V (and Takemura). In other endings, it didn’t mention what happened to him, even in the final mission, he never appearance.
However, in the star ending (don't know how about other non-devil endings),
it mention that Hanako dead in the assault of Arasaka but also didn't mention Oda.
It's known that Oda is the bodyguard of Hanako, it's also obvious from the plot that he's very loyal to her. Takemura (if save him) also didn't mention Oda after all ending. Like Oda disappeared.
I'm pretty sure, after the parade mission, when Goro calls you (if you saved him, obviously), you can ask him how is Oda, and depending on the outcome of your battle with him, he replies differently.
I remember that, because when I didn't finish him off, Goro thanked me for not killing him and that he is recovering or something like that.

I liked their relationship and respect for one another, despite their disagreements (since Goro mentioned before that they have fought in the past and he could've killed him, if I'm not mistaken, so this wasn't the first time).

I would have liked so much a more classic fight to defeat Oda. a sword and manta blade fight, obviously with outstanding combos; it would have been very epic.
Oda is a very difficult Boss to defeat {especially on very hard difficulty}.
now it is too late for the initial scenario, but one we can perhaps hope for an add-on with a next fight {more realistic} against this very convincing opponent. {my favorite boss character}

Top Bottom