mech looter perk does not work due to not being able to loot robots

+
The mechs in the end of the maelstrom fight were lootable for me.. but I don't have the perks so maybe they got it backwards? Both were carrying purple items although I can't remember what they were.

The mechs in the end of the maelstrom fight were lootable for me.. but I don't have the perks so maybe they got it backwards? Both were carrying purple items although I can't remember what they were.

The perk makes them drop weapon mods, their guns are lootable, the junk is lootable, the mod however is stuck in their body.

Same here - numerous times not able to loot robots, mechs etc (and I have level 3 Mech Looter perk). Also the case with the buzzsaw crafting spec, unable to retrieve from relevant boss.
Such is life (virtually).

Some human enemies bug out too, seems to happen when dropping near static objects. I always try to get people to die unobstructed and out in the open. It's an easy work around. Robots have a few more problems with this, but it's not a big deal. They only seem to drop crafting materials, and you get plenty of those from dismantling equipment. Their weapons should be easily lootable as long as you make sure they aren't dying in an odd way, which isn't too hard to achieve.

Same problem although maybe I can add to that: When a robot/drone only has materials/ingredients I cannot loot them. But because of the Mech Looter perk I sometimes get other stuff and those robots/drones (I have confirmed this with both) I can loot. However, if I don't choose to loot all items at once and instead start with the special items (spawned by the perk) first it I can no longer loot the other ingredients. When I loot them all at once or start with the regular ingredients I also am able to loot everything. Quite the weird bug and I hope they squash that in the very next patch that is supposed to come out this week.

Some human enemies bug out too, seems to happen when dropping near static objects. I always try to get people to die unobstructed and out in the open. It's an easy work around. Robots have a few more problems with this, but it's not a big deal. They only seem to drop crafting materials, and you get plenty of those from dismantling equipment. Their weapons should be easily lootable as long as you make sure they aren't dying in an odd way, which isn't too hard to achieve.

For human enemies you can save/load and usually that fixes it. I have run into instances where guns they drop still get stuck in the environment, the body though should drop near you where you can now loot it. Haven't tested it on mechs or robots yet but I assume its a physics issue and should work the same? Will update after I test it.

For human enemies you can save/load and usually that fixes it. I have run into instances where guns they drop still get stuck in the environment, the body though should drop near you where you can now loot it. Haven't tested it on mechs or robots yet but I assume its a physics issue and should work the same? Will update after I test it.
I think those are two different things, for humans, i can reload as well. But for the extra drop of mods from drone and robots after accuiring the skill, nothing seems to help...
..When I loot them all at once or start with the regular ingredients I also am able to loot everything. ...
will try this, thanks @Vronos

Without the perk I can loot any robot / mech that has green or above loot. I can't loot any that just have white loot. My only thought is that the perk could be backwards?. Like If you can't loot green and above with the perk try resetting the perks and see if you can without it.

Edit: just noticed I already posted in this thread and said basically the same thing. Always good to realize that your memory is so bad you don't remember posting in threads you've already posted in.

The perks are a rip off, and/or they failed to really have robots/drones in the game. You fight like enough to count on one hand.

(I noticed some bots bodies despawned and dropped a "loot bag" type thing that had the loot in it)

Top Bottom