Media: Cyberpunk 2077 Movies

+
Interesting; seems no one has mentioned the TV series Total Recall: 2070 yet.

If you can find the series to watch, it's fantastic. Kind of Cyberpunk-meets-noir.

From anime I would also add: Ergo Proxy (more philosophical and with super powers, however cyberpunk vibe is strong as well)

although not exactly cyberpubk, being one of the best anime and having lot of tech and robots, Evangelion :D

and btw if there are Nolan fans here too, his next project is going to be a full sc-fi film called Interstellar

Not Evangelion; pseudo Lovecraft with whiny brats in mecha. Garbage.

Martian Successor Nadesico, now that's entertainment.

Armitage III, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Cyber City Oedo 808... man the list goes on! If it wasn't for anime, I would've had a hard time getting my cyberpunk fix during the last decade lol

The thread subject is a bit wrong. There are no Cyberpunk 2077 movies, any more than there are movies set in the Cyberpunk 2020 world (that I know of). Most of the movies here are in the Cyberpunk genre, that's for sure, but there are some differences between the settings and worlds these movies are set in.

I'm only saying this because I would so want to see movies set in the 2020 world. Night City, Crystal Palace, and so on...

Something I didn't see in the first page....

The Warriors.... with the gangs and slang without the future, this is the essence of cyberpunk. The streets and all shit underground.

My favorite however is Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. By far my favorite of all times.

DREDD, the new one is cyberpunk as fuck.

Still waiting for a Cyberpunk version LIKE the Warriors, maybe I'll write it myself except I'll call it Slaughterhouse and write it in this Universe.

Actually to diverge from movies, SyFy's airing a show called Continuum. Series was originally start in Canada. Year the shows starts in is... 2077. However there was a time portal that threw ppl back to 2012 :p from the little glimpses of 2077 wish the series continued there...

You know, people give Albert Pyun's Nemesis a lot of shit.... but in my opinion it is one of the best, and most watchable Cyberpunk films out there.

Sure the effects are a little wonky, but Pyun has never had a massive budget for any of his flicks. But the action was solid, and the exploration of Cyberpunk themes, particularly what it means to be human, are pretty well presented! "78.5 percent is still human..... Shit there goes another five percent...."

It's also the first time a western movie used the John Woo gunfight aesthetic. And Pyun pulled it off better than any of Woo's own American films (never ever bring a hong kong talent to the west, you ruin them by giving them more money than they have ever seen, and they just go soft)

I also kinda had a thing for the little Lori Petty doppleganger playing Max.

Now sure, the sequals were the absolute worst thing ever.... ugh naked body builder chick......shiver...

But the original kicked much ass.

You know, people give Albert Pyun's Nemesis a lot of shit.... but in my opinion it is one of the best, and most watchable Cyberpunk films out there... the original kicked much ass.

agreed. First movie with escaping by shooting out the floor. Loved that scene.

...had forgotten about this thread! Another movie that fits the genre is a little flick from Mexico, called Sleep Dealer:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804529/

Have no illusions: the special effects are terrible. TERRIBLE. Worst CGI I've seen in a long time. =p

But, the overall feel / theme fits.

Surrogates
Aeon Flux
Total Recall (2012)
I-Robot

Coming Movies

Oblivion (2013)

That's a few I can think of off the top of my head didn't see them posted by you guys.

As far as I am aware, the Cyber City Oedo 808 series is set in CP2020...just not in Night City. If I recall correctly, the three main characters had regular appearance in several cover art of the German CP2020 books.

I would name all the movies and series named her so far and add
Summer Wars (Kid unknowingly cracks the uncrackable encryption of the mainframe database of the virtual reality internet, allowing an espionage/sabotge AI to run amok with the net and all accounts, the kid then has to set things right by defeating the AI in an online game...not very CP, but has full VR internet)
and
Accel World (Again, no cyberpunks but hardcore war in a specific realm of the VR internet where kids fight for access credits to get into a awareness enhanced state of mind directly linked to the internet and CCTV cameras, that speed giving them superhuman advantages in terms of response, reflex and perception, but they need to fight each other in virtual bloodsports to gain more "sessions "in that realm)

How about Source Code?
Also, I think some of the Mission Impossible movies might fit (please don't hit me...)

Top Bottom