Media: Cyberpunk 2077 Movies

+
Couple new posters and not so new promo stills from Ex Machina after the break:

Last edited:
And a teaser trailer to boot:

[video=youtube;s-HiQ9K2uf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-HiQ9K2uf4[/video]

...leading up to the proper one:

Last edited:
This morning I watched the teaser trailer, thanks for sharing the international one. This movie looks promising and also a good chance to see two actors that will star in Star Wars Episode VII

Wasn't Gleeson the tech savvy ginger who got his eyes gouged out and then replaced with artificial ones by MaMa in Dredd?
I thought he was pretty good in that one too, even if it was just a minor role. And yeah, looking forward to what he and Isaac are up to in Episode VII.

As for Ex Machina - I'm a total sucker for creative robotic designs, and therefore wouldn't mind if CD Projekt RED just nicked Ava's part see-through mesh body casing for CP 2077, at all. Could look pretty neat on go-go dancers or strippers working in bars around Night City, I imagine.
There's even potential for an additional, sort of kinky spin on that by making the fetish for watching moving gears, spinning gyroscopes, thrusting hydraulic cylinders and everything else acting as a robot's or cyborg's innards a thing in the Cyberpunk universe. Basically a kind of twisted alternative to Tn'A of the late 21st century, where dudes (and dudettes) would get their kick out of watching the machinery working inside a go-go dancer or stripper while he/she/it performs on stage, does a lap dance or something even more "touchy-feely".

There's a trailer out for Neill Blomkamps' new one, Chappie (if you haven't seen it already):

And yes, that's Die Antwoord having quite a substantial part in it, as it seems.

Last edited:
First Look at Alex Garland’s Directorial Debut Ex Machina

Here’s the first look at Ex Machina, the directorial debut from the writer of 28 Days Later and Dredd.

The upcoming sci-fi film follows Caleb, a young coder who is invited to stay with the reclusive CEO of his company. There, he encounters the world’s first true artificial intelligence: a beautiful female robot.

Ex Machina is directed by Alex Garland and stars Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, and Alicia Vikander.

Surely can't be any worse than The Machine(?).

ah the Machine.. Was a great idea just not produced properly. Needed a better director. I think exmachina will be great. I have trust in Danny Boyle! He sure did a great job on Sunshine.

Wasn't Gleeson the tech savvy ginger who got his eyes gouged out and then replaced with artificial ones by MaMa in Dredd?
I thought he was pretty good in that one too, even if it was just a minor role. And yeah, looking forward to what he and Isaac are up to in Episode VII.

As for Ex Machina - I'm a total sucker for creative robotic designs, and therefore wouldn't mind if CD Projekt RED just nicked Ava's part see-through mesh body casing for CP 2077, at all. Could look pretty neat on go-go dancers or strippers working in bars around Night City, I imagine.
There's even potential for an additional, sort of kinky spin on that by making the fetish for watching moving gears, spinning gyroscopes, thrusting hydraulic cylinders and everything else acting as a robot's or cyborg's innards a thing in the Cyberpunk universe. Basically a kind of twisted alternative to Tn'A of the late 21st century, where dudes (and dudettes) would get their kick out of watching the machinery working inside a go-go dancer or stripper while he/she/it performs on stage, does a lap dance or something even more "touchy-feely".

There's a trailer out for Neill Blomkamps' new one, Chappie (if you haven't seen it already):

And yes, that's Die Antwoord having quite a substantial part in it, as it seems.

This looks great also! PS Cool name ;p doubt may people know what or where lv-426 is!

ah the Machine.. Was a great idea just not produced properly. Needed a better director. I think exmachina will be great. I have trust in Danny Boyle! He sure did a great job on Sunshine.
It's actually Alex Garland, the writer of Sunshine and 28 Days Later who directed Ex Machina.
Would have been interesting to see Boyle's take on the subject though.

And yes, agreed on The Machine.
It had a promising premise but did a piss-poor job on executing it to the full extent. Lots of missed opportunities in that one.

This looks great also! PS Cool name ;p doubt may people know what or where lv-426 is!
You'd think that with the passing of Giger earlier this year, the whole 35th anniversary thing going on with the first Alien and the simultaneous release of Alien: Isolation it wouldn't be that cryptic anymore(?).

You'd think that with the passing of Giger earlier this year, the whole 35th anniversary thing going on with the first Alien and the simultaneous release of Alien: Isolation it wouldn't be that cryptic anymore(?).

IT's still pretty cryptic. This is a Cyberpunk forum, though, and those of us who love the dark, gritty tech subgenre, and know it well, will get it.

It's actually Alex Garland, the writer of Sunshine and 28 Days Later who directed Ex Machina.
Would have been interesting to see Boyle's take on the subject though.

And yes, agreed on The Machine.
It had a promising premise but did a piss-poor job on executing it to the full extent. Lots of missed opportunities in that one.

You'd think so yeah! Isolation is amazing by the way (sorry off topic). Enjoying the living f*ck out of it! :D play it man. Not sure if you have played or not

Looks good again! its going to screw with the original LORE and past of terminator! looks great thou :D ^^^

Ugh, Terminator Genisys... that's gonna hurt. That title alone hurts. And they're doing the days of the future past manoeuvre to the Terminator saga to essentially make it so that Terminator 1 and Terminator 2, the only good Terminator movies, never happened, movies that were much better than what this can be. No respect...

Ugh, Terminator Genisys... that's gonna hurt. That title alone hurts. And they're doing the days of the future past manoeuvre to the Terminator saga to essentially make it so that Terminator 1 and Terminator 2, the only good Terminator movies, never happened, movies that were much better than what this can be. No respect...

Your looking at it wrong though... they are more importantly making what happens in the Terminator movies after nr2 disapear. So where they will probably be refering to things in T1 and T2 in this movie, they will not be with anything else. Now I don't know if this movie will actually be good or not... but it certainly looks better then everything they made after T2.

Your looking at it wrong though... they are more importantly making what happens in the Terminator movies after nr2 disapear. So where they will probably be refering to things in T1 and T2 in this movie, they will not be with anything else. Now I don't know if this movie will actually be good or not... but it certainly looks better then everything they made after T2.

I don't think I am, I'm pretty sure I'm not. Look at it. They are, in a sense redoing T1 and T2's scenes like they didn't learn anything from T3: You don't remake a great movie when you know you can't. T3 was redoing T2 but for that they went back to square one with John Connor being an idiot again and Skynet not having been destroyed, Sarah Connor being dead (because mature women don't exist in Hollywoodworld), Humiliating the T-800 at every oportunity... And here they're redoing entire scenes and ideas from T2 in a point in the timeline more similar to T1 with a completely kitsch aesthetic and actually telling us that a Terminator was sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor earlier than that, changing the timeline completely so that T1 and T2 didn't happen. They don't get at all what Terminator was all about. For me that's the problem that Salvation or Sarah Connor Chronicles had. Terminator shouldn't be so much about time travel and sci-fi stuff (and certainly it shouldn't be CoD: Advanced Warfare the movie), the strenght of the first movie (on which T2 actually knew how to build up on) was that Sarah Connor was running for her life from an unstoppable killer that was, according to the words of a "crazy guy who said he came from the future", a cyborg sent to kill her... with said killer cyborg not leaving any witnesses alive in its rampage, nobody to confirm this supposed secret war for the future of mankind.

I do know that I have a very high tolerance when it comes to most things in general... be it movies, tv-series, comics, and games, etc... I can say that I did not really dislike any of the Terminator stuff that came out after the first 2, I can't say I disliked the Robocop remake, neither can I say I disliked the new Conan movie... I actually really liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2, heck I even think Star Wars 1-3 are ok movies (they might lack things to be called proper Star Wars movies... but I do by no means think they are junk), and I have liked most of the Transformers movies to... and I am certain I have liked several other movies (and TV-series, games etc) that most of the viewers have not. An d of course I am worried about the upcoming remakes of Highlander, Mad Max (although from what I hear this one might actually be really good), Starship Troopers, Bloodsport, He-Man, The Crow, Escape From New York, the new Star Wars movies (although, my optimism for them have become pretty high actually), and the list goes on really.

But I just don't judge movies befor they have come out, and I don't judge movies that I have not seen... no matter what other people may say, be they critics or the general movie goer. I tend to take movies/series/etc for what they are, and not what I or others thought they should have been. I just find life is so much better by doing that... so when my friends are compaining about how they are so bored because there are no good new series or movies or games or what ever, I go "oh I am sorry to hear that..." and keep enjoying my self watching or playing things they claim to suck, where as I enjoy them.

With that said, it's not like I do not see the flaws with things, why a movie might not be considered to be good, or considered to be a bad remake or what ever. I do see those things to, just like most people do, I just don't get as bothered by it as most other people do... either because I do not deem it a big enough fault for the movie to be "ruined" by it, tht it's just a so minor thing that it's not even worth my time reacting over it, or because I just don't care that thing X is supposedly "not like the original!" or something. Also, it's not like there are no movies/tv-series/games/etc which I do not like... there are a lot of things I do not like, I just choice to say "not for me" and leave it at that, and not go on a rampage about how this and that sucks or something. Most of these things though are just things that are outside of my wheelhouse, outside of my interests... and as such where not made for me. I really don't see a reason why I should get upset about Twilight and that their Vampires sparkle (which I find to be rediculous), but those movies where not made with me in mind, a 35 year old overwight guy with a long beard (because he finds shaving to be one of the most boring things ever, even though he really does not like to have a long mustach since it tends to annoyingly dip into the food he is eating, so only shaves when his lazyness get's over shadowed by his annoyance of his mustach getting in the way), has really long hair (because he has always likes to have long hair, even though he should not have long hair anymore due to a constant climbing forhead, but is to stubborn to cut it short... :p ), who is into multiple different and really nerdy things in general... they where made with young women or teengirls in mind... which is pretty far from what I am after all... clearly. XD Not that there are not things I watch that where not made with me in mind... there are many things I like that where not made with me in mind, that I still like.

So... just because they are changing things with the new Terminator movie... they are by no means invalidating the existence of the previous movies, at all. Especially not the first 2. They are giving us the ability to experience more stuff from a world we like/love, a world that we all probably do want to see more from, but have yet to really get one that truly embodies what the first 2 movies did. I rather see them try to make more movies based on this universe, or any other universe I happend to like, then there not being anything new at all for ever. I rather give people a chance to make more in those universes, so that I and others can experience more from those worlds, and not have to constantly go back and watch the same old movies over and over and over again... which I know a lot of people do like to do, but that's just not me, I rarely rewatch movies or tv-series, or replay games or what ever. I like to get to experience new things, be it in the form of a sequal, a remake, re-imagining's, or what ever.

I do have to say though... during the last... oh I don't know... since the time I became who I am today... so around 15 years old... the only time I so far have really reacted about how bad of a job was done with a movie... was this year actually. As much as people dislike all of the Transformers movies, I my self have enjoyed them... untill I saw Transformers: Age of Extinction, the 4th one, the one that came out this year. Now, I can forgive a lot with the Transformers movies, and most of them do balance on the edge of not being good in my opinion, but manage to stay inside the line for me where I feel they are atleast ok and watchable... but the 4th one REALLY put me over the edge, THAT is truly a movie which I can compleatly get behind all the people who say that it sucks. And what does it for me is not so much the scenes or the acting or anything like that... it's the way how the movie has been put together. It feels like they made two 2h+ long movies, and then where told "no we only want one movie, fix it", and then jammed these two movies together into a 4h+ long movie, where someone then went "hang on... we can't release a 4 hour long movie!"... and decided to fix it by cutting out some 75+ minuts of the entite movie. Which results in what I feel like a movie where there are scenes missing, with strange timejumps all over the place that makes no sence at all... not to mention atleast one or two scenes where you can clearly see that they have put together the entire scene in the wrong order. So really... the only reasin I think Transformers 4 is a bad movie, is because it feels like an unfinished movie... or 2 gutted movies where your missing loads of what should have been in there. I would much rather they had made it into two movies, a Part 1 and Part 2, where they split it around when they travel over to China. That would have made a lot more sence, especially if this seemingly cut away material would have fleshed out what remained of those two parts.

Anywho... im babbling... and if not semi, then compleatly, offtopic as well. So I will stop writing my wall of text now... :p

You pretty much lost all credibility with that statement :p

I really don't think so... most people are just butthurt that they did not get the Star Wars movies they wanted.

That first trailer for nr 1 compleatly sold people on it, people where falling head over heels wanting to see it, because the trailer they saw sold them what they wanted. And then when they finally saw the movies they where utterly dissapointed because the trailer was selling them something that did not actually exist in the movies. So, the biggest reason most people really really dislike those 3 movies, and the reason most of those people tend to talk down to people who did actually like those movies at one level or another, is because they are so blinded by their own dislike of the movies that they can not see past the things they did not like, and actually see the parts that where good with those movies.

Don't get me wrong... there are things with SW 1-3 that I DO NOT like at all... Jar-Jar being the nr1, nr2, and nr3, and maybe even all the way down to nr10, things I dislike about those movies... shortly followed by eveything the small kid who played Anakin did. Followed by a lot of the things the guy who played Anakin later on in the movies, not everything with him... some of his things in the movie where ok, but there was just something about the guys acting that felt really strange. And I do think that in general those 3 movies do not feel compleatly "Star Warsie"... they feel a bit Star Wars "lite" if you will. With that said, there still are parts of all of those 3 movies that are actually pretty good. Evan McGreger comes to mind, amongst a few other actors who where good. And some several parts of the movies where really nice to... most of the fights where fairly to really good... although... Yoda's fight was pretty ridiculous really, flying around like a freakin pin-ball, but I was not to bothered by that. XD

But bad as movies in general? No, you can not truly say that the movies are bad, they just did not live up to what most people wanted out of a Star Wars movie. It's compleatly biased opinions really that most of those people are running with. And I have a strong feeling that if the movies had not been titled "Star Wars", and had taken place in some compleatly different universe, not connected to Star Wars at all, then I am certain that the tune you would hear from those same people would be close to compleatly different. "Not as good as Star Wars, but still pretty good... did not like that Jar-Jar guy though..."

So yeah... I am pretty certain that the only reason most people hate on SW 1-3 is because they where called Star Wars, and that they did not live up to what people wanted out of movies named "Star Wars". It is after all difficult to look at something like this unbaised when one is closing ones eyes, sticking ones own fingers into ones own ears and going "LALALALALALA! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR! I DON'T WANT TO SEE! LALALALALALA!". ;)

It is also pretty funny how if you start to digg a bit deeper with people like that, and you start to prod them a bit more about Star Wars 1-3, that you will eventually find them sourly mumbling "That thing was pretty good though, and that/those fight were pretty cool to, and I did like those characters... and SW 3 was not that bad really I guess... it was actually pretty allright..." Usually all that talk about how bad those 3 movies where are just an overly exaggerated hyperbole rhetoric that most of them spout out trying to convince them selves that there are no redeeming factors to those movies, and to try and "save face" or something amongst the "hardcore Star Wars" fans... in the fear that they might be exluded because they thought Darth Maul was pretty cool after all or something. :p But being a "Glittering Gem of Hatred" never really helped anyone after all. ;)

Last edited:
Juuust before things go further off topic with more Walls of Text about Non-Cyberpunk Movies, remember, I have a quick trigger finger and a LOT of Pony images to distribute!

So apparently Scarlett Johansson is officially set to portray Major Motoko Kusanagi(?) in the long-gestating live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell:

Scarlett Johansson Signs On to Star in DreamWorks’ ‘Ghost in the Shell’ (EXCLUSIVE)

January 5, 2015 | 08:30AM PT

Following the success of “Lucy,” Scarlett Johansson looks ready to take on another action pic, this one coming from the world of Japanese anime.

Johansson is set to star in DreamWorks’ adaptation of the popular anime pic “Ghost in the Shell.” Deadline Hollywood had reported that the actress had the offer to star but at the time she was still undecided about taking the role. Sources now say she has agreed to star in the pic.
The story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime.

Rupert Sanders is on board to direct. Avi Arad and Steven Paul are producing the film from a script by Bill Wheeler. Mark Sourian is exec producing.
Insiders also tell Variety that Paramount has the option to come on as co-producer and financier and that decision is expected in the coming weeks.

DreamWorks principal Steven Spielberg is a huge fan of the original and has long wanted to get this film off the ground. A commitment from a star like Johansson should help in getting the pic greenlit for production.

Besides Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lawrence, Johansson is becoming one of the few actresses in town with the clout to get a project greenlit on her name alone.

“Lucy” made $394 million worldwide and Johansson can be seen next in “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” bowing in May. Johansson has also done a nice job of balancing action-heavy tentpoles with serious dramas and comedies.

She received rave reviews for Spike Jonze’s “Her” and is a part of the ensemble of the Coen brothers’ next pic “Hail, Caesar!” She is repped by CAA and LBI Entertainment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom