Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, to everyone who is disapointed by the fact we have only 3 main classes.

Imagine this game as table top campaign. You have, lets say 4 players. Campaign is rather combat/netrunning heavy.
Every Referee (Cyberpunk's Game/Dungeon Master) will be happy to have:
Solo or two - pure combat character
Netrunner - because netrunning
Techie - to support them.

We will get a certain story. Campaign or adventure sized. Each of them played with PnP Cyberpunk had list of preferred classes. To give radical example. It would be hard to play Cop, in military/warfare based campaign revolving around Lazarus Corp. (huge mercenary army with tanks and stuff).
So the fact that we have 3 main classes and some space to modify them into something a bit different is actualy nothing new.
Still, netrunner alone might be completely different game than two others. In PnP CP netrunning had its own set of rules, mechanics. You build cyberdecks, datafortresses etc.

I would like to have an option to play as Fixer for example, but I do understand that for this story it might be difficult to put in playable class, that is more about telling others what to do instead of doing it by yourself (Solo, Netrunner).

And as for Techie... Technicaly (heh) speaking, Tony Stark is a techie. With drones, remote guns, advanced cyberware it can be pretty deadly enemy in terms of combat.

So don't be sad. It's actualy well thought out that we can't pick any class. Maybe next game will focus more on Fixers/Corps.
Altough eternal problem is that there would be much less shooting and action in general than with campaign that requires Solo or any other class that can blow shit up.

Release date confirmed!

> AH!
> That will never get old.

Yeah I fully intend to turn the damage numbers off. I think TW3 had an option for that so I'm sure it will be in this one as well.

I'm fucking hyped man. I would rather they had TP for melee combat, but I do prefer FP for ranged combat and immersiveness. I've never played Cyberpunk 2020 though I love character building/theorycrafting so the more classes/abilities/modifications/perks possible the better for me, in that case I'm not thrilled that there will be "only" 3 classes, still I don't think that will be too few given the way they talk about the number of abilities, etc...

I can tell this wil be an amazing game though, can't wait for the gameplay.

"(V doesn't recite the line of dialogue you pick, by the way. Cyberpunk uses a system similar to Mass Effect, with V delivering her take on the line you pick.)" Ouch, so I'll have to guess what my characters' going to completely say based on the selected dialogue choice?! Grrr....I've never been a fan of that since Mass Effect.

Ahahahha I can't wait to accidentally break someone's leg and cripple them again under the description [push him aside forcefully].

Seriously, usually in TW3 it was done well, but then sometimes..... yeah.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I found this screenshot in the spanish IGN article and I think it could be from the demo
>> Link

@Azriel7 @warbaby2 @Brabantis @oumajgad

Remember guys. We're not picking a class. It's not like you're choosing Techie/Solo/Netrunner in character creation. Like in Witcher, where you could upgrade sword attacks, Igni, Alchemy etc. You will start off as level 1, and as you gain experience you'll be able to unlock/upgrade abilities in each class. Whether the unlockable/upgradable abilities are just in the Techie/Solo/Netrunner classes, or if Cop/Corp/Fixer classes are included, I don't know. So you could be a SoloTechRunner or a NetTechie or just a pure Solo.

TL;DR We're not choosing classes. We are choosing abilities in classes.

Last edited:
Best qoute from polish "gry-online.pl" after seeing demo:

"It looks a little bit like Deus Ex, but made by studio which is not limited by any budgets, has no auto-censorship and does not fuck around :D"

ROFL

About the skill/attribute thing...

Yes, that author misspoke. These are not the same thing. We don't know how many skills the game will have (Yet), but we know it will have six attributes, and some amount of skills. Hacking, engineering, stuff like that. Already been discussed in previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom