Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do remember that. Still people will refer to certain setups by their closest class name. Probably.
And it makes it easier to explain.

Don't know if I missed that, but did they mention how skills are progressing?

I've just read the gameinformer review and I'm impressed, I prefer TPP over FPP but trying to imagine how the demo played out while reading the article really made me more hyped for the game despite my personal preference. I hope they upload the entire demo on youtube, it would suck have to wait god knows how many years until they get close to release the game without seeing any gameplay. (time to save money for a new gpu)

Last edited:
"Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

So there's no multiplayer whatsoever?

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it

@Rawls

Another one for the FAQ, if it isn't already?

Looks like we can put this to bed for now. I'm excited by this. It means great MP post-launch rather than mediocre MP alongside SP upon launch.

Well one thing is a positive note for me.... There have been Great Responses from those who have gotten too Play and experience the DEMO..... So, for me … I still haven't lost my HYPE for Cyberpunk.... and Looking forward too seeing more Gameplay.....

It's basically a minor thing, I don't think it validates real discussion, but I noticed it the first time I watched the trailer and it distracted me from all that was happening. Now, its not something that I am annoyed with and bear in mind I am a hard critic, so don't take as an under-appreciation of the content we saw in E3, in fact I have watched and analysed the trailer so many times that the YT recommendations are filled with C77 videos now (thanks YT).

Anyway, so what I saw was that some areas felt a little minimalistic in design and lacked the complexity of the cyberpunk setting. Not everywhere, but mainly in the areas shown below:
1)
chrome_2018-06-13_18-53-36.jpg

2)
chrome_2018-06-13_19-09-44.png

3)
chrome_2018-06-13_19-12-47.jpg

Now, I understand these may be placeholder meshes and new and more detailed may be in development, but if not, then it is the job of the level designer to add more assets and fill the blank space. This looks too clean to be a dystopia. I would like more garbage here and there too, flying papers, dust, rust, dry blood, all these things make the environment look degraded. You have to make it believable that this city is the worst place to live in America. From the trailer, I got the vibe that there are cleaning crews that are organized and keep the city clean. But a city with so many criminals wouldn't be kept clean EVEN if there was such a crew (unless it was Trauma Team).
But this is not a negative criticism, I am here to provide examples of what I mean. This is from the same trailer, behind the Valentino Solo:
chrome_2018-06-13_18-59-12.png

This is a perfect coverup of a column. Decals, broken parts, cables and machinery, wires hanging, everything is there. This is what I want to see from the entire city. Every nook and cranny should look like this, even more detailed than this if performance allows. Even clean and rich areas should have the effect of smog, rain affecting metal and other effects, show me that they are doing something about it but the damage is still there. That way it ll feel more realistic.
chrome_2018-06-13_19-05-01.png

Another great example of interior decoration. This one fits more towards cyberpunk and also allows for various light effects in the room. Lastly, it creates the need to explore as it unusual to have arcade machines in games (talking in general, you could argue there are plenty in specific games and I 'd agree).

chrome_2018-06-13_19-07-46.jpg

This one takes the award as the most well crafted interior in the trailer. Of course, since there is a shootout, there is more complexity in the scene with debris flying around, sparks, broken glass etc.

Regarding image 2), the road feels too minimalistic and lacks detail. Here is an example of a road and how it can be made to look more degraded (created in Far Cry 5 editor):
ArcadeEditor64_2018-06-13_19-27-27.jpg

Forgot to mention that example to the right requires manual placement of details, otherwise the details will be obvious when the asset is tiled, which is why I mentioned to be added by a level designer.

Anyway, thats all with my analysis, I am pretty sure I missed some points or great shots in the trailer, so feel free to correct me if you disagree. I am open for discussion.

So what do you think? You like a clean setting or a degraded one?

Last edited:
I'd say: Why not both? I agree that some areas really look like they aren't finished and the basic city is a great example, the one-colored columnes and facade need a bit of work to look real. I don't think though that everything needs to be dirty and broken, especially in a SciFi environment. We already know that this is not the dystopian Cyberpunk of the 80s where the future was completely broken and rotten while the technology is being extremely advanced.. which is kinda paradox. So I like the more realistic approach in having a cleaner future with a higher empasis on social issues instead of environmental issues. I was always a bit irritated by the perception that even a broken down society (which Cyberpunk never was though), no one would ever start building something nice as if everyone was completely fine living in the dirt. A reason why I wasn't too fond of Bethesda's Fallout, it was simply too much wasteland for me to be believable or fun.

I am pretty sure CD Projekt is still going to refine some textures and there will be places that will look rustic. The boxing area for example had a great ceiling where you could see that this place was used for quiet some time and not by the rich corporate people but rather ordinary and poor people.

I think the new trailer gets a lot right. I enjoyed the trailer and saw much of what I'm expecting from the cyberpunk environment. I read William Gibson's comments about the new trailer being quite bright, but CDPR should be getting some credit for this. E3 isn't held in an unlighted cellar filled with empty pizza boxes and caffeine drinks bottles. It's being shown in a large, well lit area, viewed by many people. A dark screen would have been too difficult to view and have any real impact in that situation.

I am not in the least concerned about CP2077 not being cyberpunk enough. CDPR will do us right in the end.

So what do you think? You like a clean setting or a degraded one?

> What I think is...
> That the game is huge right?
> So many things will be different according to the aesthetic of each zone.
> Surely will be getting all kinds of vibes on each location, the game has 6 different huge districts open world no loading screen and so forth.

Last edited:
"
Listen, I’ve played a lot of video games in my life. Almost 30 years of them at this point. I know what a “city” looks like in video games, and I’ve watched that definition evolve over the years. I remember when Morrowind’s towns seemed bustling, and Oblivion after that. I remember watching a trailer for the original Assassin’s Creed and being stunned how large and crowded it was. I remember driving around Grand Theft Auto V and being in awe of the traffic and the number of unique pedestrians.

So I’m deadly serious when I say: I didn’t think Night City was possible. Not yet, at least. I literally didn’t think the technology existed. What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding.

"

From the article Gregski linked.

"What I saw during CD Projekt’s demo was astounding."

First person only? Not interested anymore..... True bummer there seems cd project didin't listened this time.

You argue about something without having any evidence on gameplay footage, except having seen only an engine footage. Then only because it's based on First Person View, you argue that you completely lost interest to this one reason, without having seen anything from the actual game.
You know what? I call this simply being "ignorant".

Besides, CDPR did listen, and what you say isn't helping them because you're only crying about something you cannot even understand, since the devs did consider the Third-Person-View, however apparently they cannot support this even after properly considering and probably testing it out. We can't know for sure, but CDPR isn't a game studio which was founded yesterday, they do have the experience in order to make wise decisions.

That said - in my opinion - you should be the one who is supposed to show some respects.

This is depressing truly after all the pools that been made and the large interest on having TPP and FPP switchable now we are getting another freaking stupid FPS like if deus ex were not enough..
I am angered disappointed waiting from the 2014 for nothing... I have no word to describe this....

This is just.. depressing.
Again i don't care is first person and we have deus ex already.

A game causing you to get into depressions? Seriously? You might have some real personality issues then, I suggest to contact your doctor, because this might end up in addiction to games generally. Perhaps it's good that you shouldn't get a taste to this game if it's affecting your healthy.
And please don't get me wrong, I am only assuming that as from reading your comment above, I am not implying that this is the case, it's just an assumption.

Anyway. I wonder, why you're even comparing Cyberpunk 2077, without having seen any gameplay footage from it yet, with a game called Deus Ex which is something completely different. Did you lose your sense completely now or is this a big joke and what you write here is just a try to troll the forums with?

High customization in a first person roleplay game.... Yes... of course...
Yes good luck to customize your V when you are stuck to see your hands. What a joke.
Is not that Ciri... See when the first teaser was annunced cd project went to us asking opinions on things the community accepted this providing all their wishes and dreams... There was also a pool about the prospectives... And most of us wanted Third person.. Or a Third person that can be toggled in to a First person.

We spent years in this damned forum waiting for a shred of information we been told the game will have toon of customization wich is POINTLESS if you are forced in first person all the time... This is like a betrayal. and is disgusting period.

CDPR is a company with many many years of experience in game development, esspecially within the RPG genre.
I doubt that they'd waste their time on the character creation and customization, if it were completely useless as you arguments.
To develope a deep character customazation requires months of development and a team capable of it. Can you even imagine how much money this costs to pay the people working on that, not just the people but also the resources, such as the licences for software, electricity costs, hardware and testings etc. ?
No, they're definitely not wasting all that for something "completely useless". You should be confident enough that the character customization will show its benefit for sure.

Call of duty advanced warfare 2077
I am sorry to say, but the fact that you even dared to mention this title in comparison and offense with Cyberpunk 2077 is a proof evidence that you've absolutely no idea what you're talking about. *shaking my head*

Good luck with that cd project you fucked up. Keep posting screenshot while long term fan of this forum and thankfully even newer one are bashing you for this absurd decision.
CDPR didn't fuck up anything here. You're complaining about something with literally 0 evidence. It just annoys you that the game is on First Person Perspective. This is the way the game is getting directed to, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. You wouldn't complain about First Person Shooters either, just because that's the way these games are made, would you? What you say doesn't make any sense...
Literally, the way how you write feels like:
the_point.gif

Why did you not tell us before that it was first person only so we would not wait so many years for this game?
Why did you not tell? You kept it secret for what reason?
I could never believe you would do this.
Very disappointed.
I have supported CDPR for many years and have great respect for them but they said they would not use trick tactics like some other game companies so i expected they would be forthcoming with something so important like first or third person options and would have at least asked as or told us straight out if they were making a game in first person and not tell us at the last minute.
You believe what you want but that is the truth.

Are you f*king kidding me? Like Seriously, what the heck... Am I the only person here with a clear mind !?
This Game is NOWHERE about to release yet, how can you consider, no even DARE talking about having been waiting for the game, and to top that, insulting CDPR for not telling you about First Person Perspective in the last minute? Not to mention that you're implying also that they "tricked" you which is complete bullshit, but... THE LAST MINUTE !? While the game is in the MIDDLE of development still !? Seriously !?... I can't remember that they did say this game is comming out now to market, did they???

Ok, I'll be honest with you.
1st:
YOU was the one who waited for the game willingly. If there is someone to be in charge of "wasting" your time, then it's YOU, not CDPR.

2nd:
It's not like you had a choice to not "wait" anyway (despite that with "waiting" at this point I am not refering to "not do anything actually waiting for something to come up", instead still doing something else as life goes on but at the same time looking forward for the news about the game), because Cyberpunk 2077 isn't yet released and is still in development.

3rd:
Now this thing with "other game companies" is something really critical.
Other companies, yeah? Like those guys from EA, Ubisoft, Activision, or perhaps Square Enix or Bethesda?

Tell me please, who of them gives you:
- Completely DRM-Free games
- Quality and not Qunatity
- Fair price for games
- Add-Ons, and not Microtransactions
- Open-Mind Development team seriously listening and responding to community
- 1st Class Game Support taking bug reports and fixes serious offering patches for everything reported
- 1st Class Player Support, taking account/trade related issues serious offering accommodating solutions
- Learning from mistakes of the past games released, improving the next games in development instead of copy-pasting repeating content which is being done and executed by the so called "AAA" Titles.
- Efficient software development methods to reduce hardware requirements as best as possible such as disk space and RAM/VRAM usage
- Keeping these ideals as basis of their work and business-model

Want me to list more? I can do it, just tell me.
You don't agree with the First Person Perspective, I understand that, but that's not a reason, nor gives it your any rights to make CDPR look like betrayals just because you share a different opinion.

And I am not talking only to you, but also to all those other people complaining about this.

Well, first it looks like a GTA clone, now we learn it's first person only. I guess they're going for the mainstream GTA/Cod crowd. This game went from my most anticipated game of all time to I'll definitely skip it. Very sad and disappointed. CDPR you were the chosen one!!!

Well the 1st person killed all my hype...see yall..

I can only quote this to all of you:

Not a betrayal. They listened to our feedback and decided FPP was the best design decision for the game. They did not ignore us. This is very important to understand.
This. Kudos to you mate!

So... Will there be Gameplay?

1528909031696.png

I'm tired of these specialized gaming news companies.

I prefer to go directly to the website of the company that makes the game to read the news.
I wanted to see new things firsthand here ...
I do not want to have to go to those specific sites to know what's new or what they think of the game.
I want to know the Devs and the fans who are here discussing their experiences and emotions that may be the same or different from mine.
I would love it when you decide to announce the gameplay ... post here or the official channels first.
First for the fans ... Please. (y):whistle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom