Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the cyberpunk version of witcher senses is back. I really hope it's not that prominent this time or that they made some major improvements to it.

Xbox interview is over, but don't feel bad, literally nothing was said. Nothing. The interviewer had only watched the trailer and didn't ask anything new.

There was a mention of factions system, which I think was new, but I think that's about it.

So, no "traditional" firearms in the game?
It's either...
power weapons (bullets ricochet)
tech weapons (chargable, penetrate cover)
or smart weapons (seeking bullets)

So, no "traditional" firearms in the game?
It's either...
power weapons (bullets ricochet)
tech weapons (chargable, penetrate cover)
or smart weapons (seeking bullets)

There are, the ability to use bullets ricocheting for your advantage is an ability that you unlock later in the game (either by character progression or by augmentations), but other then that power weapons act as regular weapons. I imagine that tech weapons will not be limited to just piercing cover either.

I guess the cyberpunk version of witcher senses is back. I really hope it's not that prominent this time or that they made some major improvements to it.

source? Because i don't think there is. From what i read there is "inspection" skill which u use only to find about item lore for example. It doesnt work like in Witcher where it was integrated into quest design.

Also, thankfuly there is no mini map, but compass, would be nice if we can turn it off.

Last edited:
So, bit of news - they aren't discussing any sort of "empathy" system or the potential impact of going too far with augmentations right now. Essentially, the CDPR employee seemed surprised that somebody finally asked that question, and went on to say its too early to talk about it since they're still balancing and such.

They did say it'll absolutely be in game for NPCs, they just aren't sure if it will be something players need to worry about or not.

"She also has a bum, which the cinematic really, really likes to focus on." From the RockPaperShotgun article, referring to V.
Oh come on CDProjektRed, I don't want to leer at my own character's backside, I want to see their ugly face dammit! If male V doesn't also get the cinematic, camera, arse caress then I'm gonna be miffed. Okay, motion sickness aside, I'm now less disappointed about the game being in first person.

"She also has a bum, which the cinematic really, really likes to focus on." From the RockPaperShotgun article, referring to V.
Oh come on CDProjektRed, I don't want to leer at my own character's backside, I want to see their ugly face dammit! If male V doesn't also get the cinematic, camera, arse caress then I'm gonna be miffed. Okay, motion sickness aside, I'm now less disappointed about the game being in first person.
Rock paper shotgun is known for focusing on that sort of stuff. I believe back in 2013, with the release of the first trailer, they focused heavily on "Why did you show a scantily clad woman?" in their interview. :rolleyes:

This thread is moving fast! Wow.

Good points on the clean/dirty setting, I realized that if they had the CP2020 rulebook as a guide when designing some of the areas, the sketches dont depict detail and even if they do look awesome in black and white, when colored it becomes apparent that there is a lot of single texture area, especially if monochromatic.

Unreal Engine 4 has the best solution to this. It uses 2D decals that occupy 3D space, so you can scale them how you want and they will project to the surface according their orientation. That means, a curved wall will still have the decals going round instead of being cutoff by the curve and the texture going inside the wall. My suggestion is to make around 30 decals like these for each damage effect (stain, water, oil, blood, rust, wear, crack) and let the level designer fill the empty areas with those decals and smartly add detail to large surfaces. I didn't have any good guide to illustrate my point, so I am showing this airplane interior that I used this method:

ArcadeEditor64_2018-05-30_17-37-00.jpg

Notice the little stains in the floor, they add into the detail without distracting the eye. You can also play with the normals to make them look a little 3D if needed, like some plaster cracks that the wall has opened outwards, or a mud bump, mud tire tracks, etc.

--------------------------------------------

Regarding the other issue I am seeing recently, the perspective, I don't really mind not seeing the character if the gameplay is truly enjoyable, and some of my best games of all time are First Person Shooters, so I am not worried. I am a bit bummed out about a world that is about style and you cant see that reflected through your appearance, but there are other more important things that I would like to see more than that.

However, I would like to stress out that CDPR shouldn't be afraid to innovate. Even if they have issues with third-person, we can still have a "non-combat" mode where you can zoom out to a third person view (I am saying non-combat as I am sensing its eye augmentations and the use of UI that may be specific to a FP and they dont want to have that in TP). I 've seen games where the perspective, camera zoom level and walking speed changes when you enter an interior, maybe we can get something similar, when you are mainly roaming the world and there is no need to fight, to be able to have third person view too.

Rock paper shotgun is known for focusing on that sort of stuff. I believe back in 2013, with the release of the first trailer, they focused heavily on "Why did you show a scantily clad woman?" in their interview. :rolleyes:
You know, there's been lots of previews coming out, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned V's ass before. Methinks RPS doth protest too much :sneaky:

You know, there's been lots of previews coming out, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned V's ass before. Methinks RPS doth protest too much :sneaky:
To be fair, they didn't make a big deal out of it, but RPS has this weird dislike of violence and woman's bodies in video games, so they always find a way to sneak a snarky comment into their articles about it when a game has something like that.

Still think they're funny folks with great writing styles. I wish their preview was a little more descriptive and less humorous, but I guess that's what we had Game Informer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom