Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I know alot of people are going to judge me bit I have something similar to miniere's can't do 1st person it messes me up

Being restricted to solo/netrunner/techie is a bit disappointing, given the PnP origin of the franchise. street cred used for unlocking quest givers is also not great imo, the rest sounds like about what I was expecting. Going to wait on more detailed previews now, I suppose.
More and more this street cred sounds like a hard lock on content which I'm not a fan of either. Class restrictions were probably necessary so they can actually manage and balance them imo.

This interview was actually quite disheartening.

FPS combat, voiced protagonist with cutscenes plethora, only three roles, some wonky streetcred key to open content, GTA general gameplay (from what it sounds)...

A good chunk of my enthusiasm just withered away.

hmmmm. thought it was going too be fps / tps. But have a question. Or am I seeing things. I cliked on link, then cliked on see deal and took me to another window, amazon . showed price for xbox one and pre-order. And something about Dec. 28, 2018. Am I seeing things?
I've pre-ordered it.

Now that is FP confirmed, will cancel tonight.

It would be reasonable if we at least could switch between first and third person, like Fallout and Deus Ex. I mean, the game have a whole system of street credit based on clothing and such, because of that ,for me, would make sense be able to look at my character outside cutscenes too. And of course, all the implications in combat as well.
I don`t want to rely on mods to be able to do that.
Non of the customization makes sense since it is FPS, seems like a waste of effort and resources

True that is if they do it right as a FPS. Though I have to say I was kind of let down when I saw FPS Only.

But yes...good point there bringing up dishonored. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe I'm in a better position because I have no expectations (not in a bad way, just, I had no predictions or thoughts on what they were going to do) so I'm just excited to play a new game by CDPR. What I've seen looks good, and yeah, like I said, Dishonored was such an impressive series, they had a brilliant atmosphere and I truly felt immersed as Corvo/Emily/Daud/Billy in all of their games, so I am expecting to feel the same way here.

Honestly if people have decided they won't play the game from just 1 piece of info and having seen none of the gameplay or barely any game info, they are just being silly.

A legitimate reason to not buy a game would be if your favourite elf from your favourite franchise didn't make it to the third game........ jk... maybe :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Maybe I'm in a better position because I have no expectations (not in a bad way, just, I had no predictions or thoughts on what they were going to do) so I'm just excited to play a new game by CDPR. What I've seen looks good, and yeah, like I said, Dishonored was such an impressive series, they had a brilliant atmosphere and I truly felt immersed as Corvo/Emily/Daud/Billy in all of their games, so I am expecting to feel the same way here.

Honestly if people have decided they won't play the game from just 1 piece of info and having seen none of the gameplay or barely any game info, they are just being silly.

A legitimate reason to not buy a game would be if your favourite elf from your favourite franchise didn't make it to the third game........ jk... maybe :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Are you ignoring the people who have motion sickness, then? :unsure: Seems like a valid reason to be frustrated.

Everything else about the game (literally) sounds fantastic to me, so there's only one sticking point.

I hope CDPR sees all the backlash from first person locking, so many of the gaming forums I frequent are filled with people disappointed about it being locked to first person. For rpg fans being forced is a bummer for many of us, I hope it's not too late in development for them to adapt it to an option, I mean if they have true first person and not "fake" first person it shouldn't be a gigantic leap to do.

Are you ignoring the people who have motion sickness, then? :unsure: Seems like a valid reason to be frustrated.

Motion sickness is a valid point, if people can't play in first person because they get ill then I absolutely think it sucks for them, hopefully something can be done. :)

Is not that Ciri... See when the first teaser was annunced cd project went to us asking opinions on things the community accepted this providing all their wishes and dreams... There was also a pool about the prospectives... And most of us wanted Third person.. Or a Third person that can be toggled in to a First person.

We spent years in this damned forum waiting for a shred of information we been told the game will have toon of customization wich is POINTLESS if you are forced in first person all the time... This is like a betrayal. and is disgusting period.

come on red why i've been waiting 5 years for this game why put character customization if you cannot even see yourself while playing the game..if you add third person i gonna buy your game

Last edited:
Why are the moderators going full damage control deleting every single thread that's discussing all the elements that are missing and were promised years ago?

Oh no..... Didn't expect that after the masterpiece that was wild hunt... if it isn't broke don't try to fix it.... if you can toggle perspective when in/on a vehicle lets make it an option on foot. FP only, not good get ready for some feedback CDPR

I agree, the restriction of possible paths is disappointing especially as it was hinted previously most of the classes from pnp would be available in the game. The more I get information about it, the more I realize CDPR didn't take too much risk here. It's basically the witcher in a science fiction setting: named character, options of progression but limited to a set, quests to be found by exploring the world. I expected more a free rpg like fallout to be honest. Does it mean I won't play it? Certainly not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom