Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can't make my dude look like Geralt then what's the point, really?

I'm not too bothered if they don't have really in-depth character customisation options in terms of looks, since I usually go with the default anyway if there's a pre-defined, custom-built look. However, they really should have such a system in place, otherwise they might as well just go with a fully pre-defined character and at least potentially get a stronger plot out of it =/

So who actually got to see the gameplay footage?

The investors behind CDprojekt Red or something?

It was mostly game journalists, youtubers and other game developers from what we have heard.

That's what I was starting to suspect tbh.
I understand this company wants good PR and sucking up to the press is part of that.

But bullsh*t like this just leaves a bad f*ckin taste in my mouth.

That's what I was starting to suspect tbh.
I understand this company wants good PR and sucking up to the press is part of that.

But bullsh*t like this just leaves a bad f*ckin taste in my mouth.

Well, option B was to show no one anything at all. Other than the trailer.

CDPR does these things deliberately and it's -not- to "suck up to the press".

PR and Marketing have to balance expectations from the customer base with information demands from the customer base.

If they show us gameplay, then people will be using those scenes to argue for and justify whatever they think they want in the game. Forever.

This way, journalists will report on those scenes, we get info AND CDPR gets to change stuff as necessary without customers complaining angrily about those changes compared to what they saw in the demo.

TL;DR - people don't understand game development and get upset when something they saw and liked gets cut.

or which do you think is wisest I mean? Obviously after the buzz from the media/youtubers regarding the 50 minute demo, everyone wants to see the gameplay now. When CDPR does reveal the gameplay to the world, possibly at gamescom, do you think they should show it running on a high end pc or the xbox X, aka the most powerful console in the world?

Positives/negatives for pc- It'll obviously run and look greatest on a high end pc but if they do this, then they may get a repeat of the w3 and get accused of downgrading since its just a fact cyberpunk won't look as good running on consoles.

positives/negatives for X- Microsoft apparently has a marketing deal with CDPR so they may be enticed to show the gameplay first while running on the X. This partnership can really only help xbox since CDPR are pretty much the critical darlings (right phrasing?) of the industry and cyberpunk is one of the most highly anticipated games out there + the talk of e3.

But it won't look as good as gameplay on a high end pc......

So how should CDPR go about it? I personally think the gameplay reveal should be on PC first, hopefully that 50 minute demo, then a few weeks later just release the same demo with the game running on the X so people know the limit on how well cyberpunk will run on consoles.

I think they should show it on a console. Or both. The reason I say this is because it'd be nice to have an idea of how different it'd look and run versus the PC version so console buyers like me know what they're getting ahead of time.

or which do you think is wisest I mean? Obviously after the buzz from the media/youtubers regarding the 50 minute demo, everyone wants to see the gameplay now. When CDPR does reveal the gameplay to the world, possibly at gamescom, do you think they should show it running on a high end pc or the xbox X, aka the most powerful console in the world?

Positives/negatives for pc- It'll obviously run and look greatest on a high end pc but if they do this, then they may get a repeat of the w3 and get accused of downgrading since its just a fact cyberpunk won't look as good running on consoles.

positives/negatives for X- Microsoft apparently has a marketing deal with CDPR so they may be enticed to show the gameplay first while running on the X. This partnership can really only help xbox since CDPR are pretty much the critical darlings (right phrasing?) of the industry and cyberpunk is one of the most highly anticipated games out there + the talk of e3.

But it won't look as good as gameplay on a high end pc......

So how should CDPR go about it? I personally think the gameplay reveal should be on PC first, hopefully that 50 minute demo, then a few weeks later just release the same demo with the game running on the X so people know the limit on how well cyberpunk will run on consoles.

PC. Hopefully on a i7-8700k or 9700k ,16Gb ram,a fast SSD and a GTX 1180.

It's not coming at gamescom. I really wish people would stop bandying this around, we won't see the gameplay till they have a release candidate ready.

I think they should show it on a console. Or both. The reason I say this is because it'd be nice to have an idea of how different it'd look and run versus the PC version so console buyers like me know what they're getting ahead of time.

And if it looks worse you'll be angry and won't buy it?

Guest 4310777

Easy question. Show on Xbox. Then PC gamers can only be pleasently surprised by any improvements.

Don't really care too much but PC I guess since it's whata I'll be playing it on and it's the system that allows for better detail.

It's not a matter of opinion. PC period. CDPR always focused first on PC and then consoles. Also, they don't want to pleasantly surprise us, they want to show the best version of gameplay to create more hype. It's no secret that most multiplats showcase the PC version.

Easy question. Show on Xbox. Then PC gamers can only be pleasently surprised by any improvements.
Or they simply look at it, think 'meh' and spend their money elsewhere.

They are better off showing off the game in the best possible light, especially since other games will be doing just that.

I believe we will have next gen consoles in 2019. and i believe this game comes out in 2020.
its possible they will show it running on a xbox 6 ps5 devkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom