Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Mike pointing out the obvious when it comes to the political issue.
People never cease to amaze me.
I think the fear is less that politics will be in the game, and more that the dev's politics will be "preached" at us. There is a difference.

What if my idea of V's morality does not line up with the dev's idea of V's morality? What if the responses to situations don't match the responses I'd give? I don't just mean violence vs. non-violence (it's inevitable for the sake of gameplay, I'm sure), but the things that upset V versus the things that don't upset V. It would feel a bit jarring if I was unable to play my character how I want to, to a degree.

That quest in TW3 where Geralt is in a tizzy because that Nilfgaardian girl he was training is rude to some peasants who were trying to... well... do not nice things to her.... comes to mind. Your options (As a player) were either "Screw you." or "Screw you, but in a nicer way." Either way, you had to be disgusted (at the girl).

I am happy to hear the point about personal morality, though. I've been given a lot of crap for saying I'd want to do a playthrough with a low body count, and playing as a generally kind-hearted individual (when appropriate).

Last edited:
I think the fear is less that politics will be in the game, and more that the dev's politics will be "preached" at us.

Considering the people who would outrage at this, it's the same thing. I.e. if you make a bad person (like the Bloody Baron) likeable and something to sympathize with, you're a bigoted misogynist nazi fuck. Those people should be ignored when they open their mouths as they can not distinct fiction from an opinion or fact. They are not right in their mind and are destroying the entertainment industry with their silly tweets and - ironically - bigoted opinions.

Edit - that's harsh, but that's the reality of it.

Last edited:
That quest in TW3 where Geralt is in a tizzy because that Nilfgaardian girl he was training is rude to some peasants who were trying to... well... do not nice things to her.... comes to mind. Your options (As a player) were either "Screw you." or "Screw you, but in a nicer way." Either way, you had to be disgusted (at the girl).

Just to be clear, the reason why Geralt was disgusted by her was because of her comments afterwards about how she can't wait when Emhyr will finally cleanse the entire North with fire just because two locals were unpleasant toward her. That and her being a spoiled sociopath with general lack of concern for other people who get hurt as a result of her games.

Just to be clear, the reason why Geralt was disgusted by her was because of her comments afterwards about how she can't wait when Emhyr will finally cleanse the entire North with fire just because two locals were unpleasant toward her. That and her being a spoiled sociopath with general lack of concern for other people who get hurt as a result of her games.

Right. I remember. I was being a bit hyperbolic, I admit. But it seemed like she was saying that in the heat of the moment, and given Geralt's track record with royalty, it seemed weird that he would react that way.

But either way, it was just an example of the sort of thing I don't want to see in a game where you play as your own character. Geralt is Geralt, so it was acceptable.

https://wccftech.com/choices-in-cyb...els-than-they-ever-have-for-geralt-says-cdpr/

Even with lots of great games coming in the next few months, Cyberpunk 2077 remains at the very top of many gamers’ most anticipated lists despite not even having a confirmed release year yet.

Fans of the setting and CD Projekt RED’s previous The Witcher trilogy are eager to learn every little new tidbit about the upcoming open world game, and in an interview published on GamesMaster (September 2018, issue 333), CD Projekt RED writer Stanisław Święcicki provided quite a few of those.

To begin with, he made it clear that the ramifications of player choice in Cyberpunk 2077 will be way more impactful on V (the protagonist’s name, regardless of gender choice) than they ever were for Geralt in The Witcher.
Every well-established protagonist needs a story, and our character is no exception. That said, the choices players make will play a huge part in shaping V on more levels than they ever have in our previous games.
Whereas Geralt was a professional, a veteran monster slayer who knew the world inside out, V is a hired gun looking to make the big leagues. When you look at it this way, V’s perspective isn’t too different from the player’s, who is also just getting to know Night City and deciding their stance towards it.​
Święcicki also touched briefly on the upgrade choices presented by Ripper Docs, vendors who sell cyberware upgrades such as an optical scanner.

That’s still something we’re working on and it’s too early to dive into details just yet, but choices you make, whether during character creation or gameplay, will matter and have consequences.
Last but not least, CD Projekt RED’s writer talked about the high-level values and themes players will find when playing through the game’s quests and missions.

You can’t beat a story which touches on universal human values and emotions such as dedication, sadness, loss, friendship, or love. I personally think these values matter all the more in a world in which the human body is no longer ‘sacred’ and the very meaning of what ‘humanity’ is becomes blurred.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be showcased once again later this month at Gamescom 2018, but only to the press behind closed doors. Luckily for you, we already have our reporters lined up for the presentation and ready to report on whatever CD Projekt RED has in store this time around.

Yeah the start screen is awesome. Not sure the screenshots are from the demo. But they are from the game.

Maxdom also told us a bit about how melee would work. @Suhiira Looks like no need for bullet dodging.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/995ktt/_/e4l3ul0
Yeah the start screen is awesome. Not sure the screenshots are from the demo. But they are from the game.

One of them is for sure at least from a scene in the demo (the "mexican standoff" scene with the gang), possibly two (jackie and the wall exploding). The others... not sure. Probably not.

Also, "press any key to continue," so the demo was running on PC again.

Last edited:
"Also all the weapons they showed were incredibly unique and interesting, for example a bullet stopping forcefield katana, a machine gun with path-finding bullets or simply a machine gun pistol."

Ooh-kay ... I'll need to hear more, but at the moment I seem to be hearing lots of "gamey" features being included.

Ohhhhh ! Light sabers ! Yeah, we need light sabers !!!

"Also all the weapons they showed were incredibly unique and interesting, for example a bullet stopping forcefield katana, a machine gun with path-finding bullets or simply a machine gun pistol."

Ooh-kay ... I'll need to hear more, but at the moment I seem to be hearing lots of "gamey" features being included.

Not light sabers - the katana can activate a magnetic forcefield in front of you. You aren't actively deflecting bullets or anything.

Wasnt Gamescom demo during night time? I read it somewhere but im not sure if it was confirmed by more than one source.

Can't wait!!!!1!

Wasnt Gamescom demo during night time? I read it somewhere but im not sure if it was confirmed by more than one source.
Some parts, maybe, but it was the same demo as before, possibly with some tweaked choices - we haven't actually seen any preview writeups from major outlets yet. At least, I can't find any.

Not light sabers - the katana can activate a magnetic forcefield in front of you. You aren't actively deflecting bullets or anything.
Bullets are made of...
Bullets are generally made of lead ... non-magnetic.
Awww. Too late.
In the future there are too many lawsuits revolving lead poisoning-related bullet injuries. So manufactures moved to a more magnetic bullet type to avoid liability. Lawyers ruin everything.
What about the appeals process? I'm sure that 59 years is no sort of problem for a semi-competent barrister to drag out a legal process.

Bullets are made of...

Awww. Too late.

What about the appeals process? I'm sure that 59 years is no sort of problem for a semi-competent barrister to drag out a legal process.

I'm no scientist, nor am I a designer, so I have no clue what CDPR is planning. But I'm just saying it's not a lightsaber. Two different things.

One implies you have godlike reflexes, the other just requires you to aim in someone general direction.

Also, we don't know what bullets it can block, necessarily. Maybe its actually a kinetic shield, or maybe it can only block energy weapons, or plasma, or something. I don't know. Many possibilities.

I'm no scientist, nor am I a designer, so I have no clue what CDPR is planning. But I'm just saying it's not a lightsaber. Two different things.

One implies you have godlike reflexes, the other just requires you to aim in someone general direction.

Also, we don't know what bullets it can block, necessarily. Maybe its actually a kinetic shield, or maybe it can only block energy weapons, or plasma, or something. I don't know. Many possibilities.
"The slow blade penetrates the Shield."

Just don't let a laser intersect with it. Holtzman Fields are very fickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom