Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Edgerunners! This is our provisional thread of assorted Media and Reports and discussion of same. You may -also- make threads to focus on what interview interests you, but we will (eventually) merge those here so as to reduce clutter - and archive the discussion for posterity.

FIRST: The Gameplay Demo! 48 minutes long!!!

Starting with E3 and moving down along the timeline, the most recent at the bottom:

FPP.JPG

1. From IGN:
E3 2018: First Cyberpunk 2077 Details: Game is a First-Person RPG, More

2. From IGN:
E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 Doesn't Look Like The Witcher, But It Does Look Incredible

3. Super Stills!
Hi rez screenshots from Gamersyde

4. From VG247:
Cyberpunk 2077 is a FPS with third-person vehicles, but don’t worry, it’s all RPG

5. From GameInformer
Cyberpunk 2077 Is Not What You Think – Impressions And Details From 50 Minutes Of Gameplay

6. VG247
Cyberpunk 2077: Banging, C-bombs and bullet-time – everything we know from 50 minutes of gameplay

7. KillaPenguin
You can invest in properties and end conversations with a bullet.

8. PC Gamer
Cyberpunk 2077: Everything we learned from the jam-packed E3 demo

9. E3 Coliseum video:

10. Eurogamer
We watched 50 minutes of uncut Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay and interviewed CD Projekt about it

11. Destructoid
Cyberpunk 2077's E3 demo was incredible and massive, here's everything we learned

12. Metro/GameCentral
Cyberpunk 2077 preview – the game of the (next) generation

13. RPGSite
Cyberpunk 2077 Impressions from E3 2018

14. Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Cyberpunk 2077’s demo at E3 was a vivid, drug-huffing first-person romp of guns and butts

15. PCWorld
Cyberpunk 2077: What we learned in the most mind-blowing game demo we've ever seen

16. Gamespot
E3 2018: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Even More Ambitious Than You Think It Is

17. YongYea
YongYea Ask Me Anything on the Trailer

18.Gamespot Summary
Everything We Know About Cyberpunk 2077

19. Interview with Art Designer
Cyberpunk will be Huge!

>Post E3

20. Mike Pondsmith Runs Cyberpunk 2020 for IGN!
Tabletop Style With The Master

21. Wcctech reports from Playstation Magazine that
CP2077 has a Ten Man Writing Team and Villains are Not Silly.

22. Polygon talked to MaxMike.
Mike Pondsmith played Cyberpunk 2077 - Beyond the Demo.

23. Multiplayer.it learns:
Cyberpunk 2077 will have Dynamic Weather (not yet player flown vehicles though)

24. GamesMaster magazine via wccftech tells us
Player choice more impactful in Cyberpunk 2077

>GAMESCOM

25. By way of Youtube, from IGN at Gamescom:
IGN Interviews Kyle Rowley: netrunning, cyberpsychosis

26. Nvidia has 4 minutes of 2077 - stats count in combat.
Gamescom Nvidia Interview

27. Engadget has Big News:
GAME IS PLAYABLE FROM START TO FINISH. YAY!

28. IGN covers demo differences:
E3 Demo to GC Demo - Why You Should Kill (Boosters) for Style

29. Ausgamers has a really well-written article
On The World Reacting To You and Why CP2077 Is Different

30. Eurogamer does a nice piece on their demo experience
Cyberpsychosis, In-demo choice, sexuality and the WASTELANDS are in!

31. VG247 has some great stuff:
Communities, Community Systems....and a desert!

32. Windows Central says Best Game of GC
"Could be a World Sim without equal"

33. IGN - Could be a Game Changer Video
Looks like the (Dark) Future of Gaming!

34. Wcctech - Has some summary of the German Interview
Shooting fine tuned by CS player and building inspiration from..

>Post Gameplay Demo

35. IGN talks to the Devs about the Gameplay Demo
So Now It's All Public!

36. Dualshockers talks to Patrick Mills
Looking into Motion Sickness and related issues.

37. Metrogaming UK talks Saving The World
CDPR on Building The Pyramids in Gaming

38. The fandom interview
We think we've found a new way to immerse the player!

39. VG247 -believable NPCs and
Dismembering People With Katanas!

40. Cgmagonline - Building the World.
It's a Never-Ending Process (Release Date: Infinity!)

41. Dualshockers - Quest design and the Timelines.
Dialectical Conundrum! Also, NPCs remember you - and what you look like! Shooting everyone could be a problem!

42. In german, but OH SO RICH
PC Games Hardware.DE talks to Miles about a lot: First person, reflections, HUD.

Last edited:
Hope this street cred system is not the only system in place for reputation. Sounds super simplified, hope there is more to it than first glance.

Damage numbers pop up during combat

It's an open world that you open up more with "street cred." For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places

Bleh, don't like. Hopefully, we can turn damage numbers off and "street cred" doesn't hard-gate the content.

The dialogue cutscenes were one of the more impressive features in TW3 and CDPR were clearly happy with it, showing it off at GDC etc. Did you really expect it not to make a return?

Well, there you have it. First-person only.

Bummer. Don't think I'll be able to play it. :(

Bingo I was so hypeed for this game, but CD Projeckt has to be like every other Studio these days and make a SP game in FPS. so no buy for me. ugh too bad, hopefully they will change it and give you the option of FPS or 3rd person. It seems like every single player game is FPS so annoying. at least Rockstar and Sucker Puncher can come through with proper games.

did you really expect it not to make a return?

...yes. I actually did since they implied it.

(and I did think Witcher had way way way too much of them)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mind the perspective, provided the gameplay there is still properly RPG (combat and otherwise), but now it needs more clarification on how it works.

If FPP means straight up FPS combat, I might have to do some rethinking. A lot of the new Deus Ex games were lost on me because I wanted to stay away from the FPS combat parts. I wouldn't want that here.

hmmmm. thought it was going too be fps / tps. But have a question. Or am I seeing things. I cliked on link, then cliked on see deal and took me to another window, amazon . showed price for xbox one and pre-order. And something about Dec. 28, 2018. Am I seeing things?

Well, I did not think hearing info today that I could be disappointed...

"
  • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene."
That is a huge bummer to me, I HIGHLY prefer to play rpgs in third person view. FPS view is fine for combat, but while simply exploring the city and other things I would REALLY like to be able to walk and travel around in third person viewpoint.

One of the main things I love about rpgs is character customization and visually seeing my character and how they look in all their different loot and gear, and being forced into first person outside cutscenes really ruins that kind of thing for me.

Really wish that FPS was not forced on us and that it would be a choice, like what we were told from the onset of development.

hmmmm. thought it was going too be fps / tps. But have a question. Or am I seeing things. I cliked on link, then cliked on see deal and took me to another window, amazon . showed price for xbox one and pre-order. And something about Dec. 28, 2018. Am I seeing things?

They said they wanted some "Fallout 4 campaign", so it may actually be true.

Well, I did not think hearing info today that I could be disappointed...

"
  • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene."
That is a huge bummer to me, I HIGHLY prefer to play rpgs in third person view. FPS view is fine for combat, but while simply exploring the city and other things I would REALLY like to be able to walk and travel around in third person viewpoint.

One of the main things I love about rpgs is character customization and visually seeing my character and how they look in all their different loot and gear, and being forced into first person outside cutscenes really ruins that kind of thing for me.

Really wish that FPS was not forced on us and that it would be a choice, like what we were told from the onset of development.

I felt like i did cocaine. Watching the trailer was like the start of the night, great high good buzz, then finding out its a FPS is the come down and wanna kill yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom