Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaflet info:

Last edited:
So no classes?
I mean I'm not surprised since I was wondering from the start how all the classes could possibly work with the story, but this is still pretty disappointing. So much for my dreams of RP'ing as Judge Dredd.

They say its an RPG with shooter elements and not a shooter with FPS elements, too.

The guy said it's twitch combat and for non-twitchers they "try" to appeal with "smart weapons".

Yeah, and a lot of roles cut. This really didn't start off well...

Last edited:
So no Max Tac agent, Cop, Corp, or Rockerboy? Those were the main roles I was interested in :(. I wanted to see classes that were just wildly different and affected the world and how npc's see and react to you.

Seems like they've really scaled back the class choices and role play elements that could have been tied to classes.

From what they are saying on the gamespot stream classes seem like "skills" in a normal rpg that you just put together and mix/match them without you picking one class and having it shape your game and how you play and npc's react to your character.

The Dishonored series did a fantastic job as a first person game, idk why everyone is losing their shit over it being in first person. The game is gonna be fantastic, everyone saying they aren't gonna play it.... yeah ok, i'll see you at release date with everyone else :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Some people like my self get motion sickness from FPS games. They aren't going to buy it , think about KCD and how many sales they lost, or the The Dishonored series, they might've did a fantastic job in making the game, but no one buys FPS games like that and Dishonored proved that by selling less than 2.5 million

So no classes?
I mean I'm not surprised since I was wondering from the start how all the classes could possibly work with the story, but this is still pretty disappointing. So much for my dreams of RP'ing as Judge Dredd.
That's not what they said. It's an open class system, so instead of being locked into one from the beginning, your class is determined by what skills you use. I kinda saw it coming when Pondsmith said all the roles would be in, but the way they are implemented would surprise us.

You know what now years after posting here in this forum how our dream roleplay game should be... I feel stupid... I was trusting cd project red to do the right thing... The pool that were made indicated there was a vast preference for third person or third person and first person switchable.. ANd they decided to slap in your face with a forced first person.... I feel betrayed cd project.

Being restricted to solo/netrunner/techie is a bit disappointing, given the PnP origin of the franchise. street cred used for unlocking quest givers is also not great imo, the rest sounds like about what I was expecting. Going to wait on more detailed previews now, I suppose.

I don't.... not after all this year of waiting. Not after all this years of hoping and wasting my time apparently posting in this forum.

The Dishonored series did a fantastic job as a first person game, idk why everyone is losing their shit over it being in first person. The game is gonna be fantastic, everyone saying they aren't gonna play it.... yeah ok, i'll see you at release date with everyone else :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

True that is if they do it right as a FPS. Though I have to say I was kind of let down when I saw FPS Only.

But yes...good point there bringing up dishonored. :ROFLMAO:

I shall wait and see how is the actual gameplay to judge if First Person is a "bad option" or not. If they did it this way sure is because the gameplay will be quite dynamic with hopefully a lot of cool gadgets in the mix. And also a lot of indoor gameplay and underground as well.
First person compared to third person always is better when it comes to magnify the escale of the world, this is something positive at least having in mind how beautiful the world is going to be.
And thank god driving is also in third person.

Don't like to see "damage numbers" around characters, hope you can turn that off as in Days Gone for example. With the health bar going down is enough like in The Division.

I played Deus Ex Mankind Divided a few weeks ago and I understand how the game could benefit from both FPS and TPP.

Let's wait and see how this game plays...but now CD Projekt Red...you need to show us that gameplay before it backfires to you.
We all are used to your third person perspective games and this is weird to most of us. Please show us something more.

Being restricted to solo/netrunner/techie is a bit disappointing, street cred used for unlocking quest givers is also not great imo, the rest sounds like about what I was expecting. Going to wait on more detailed previews now, I suppose.
I'm still waiting to hear whether social stats/skills are in, and how in-depth they are if so. That would be how I would imagine the other roles making it in.

It would be reasonable if we at least could switch between first and third person, like Fallout and Deus Ex. I mean, the game have a whole system of street credit based on clothing and such, because of that ,for me, would make sense be able to look at my character outside cutscenes too. And of course, all the implications in combat as well.
I don`t want to rely on mods to be able to do that.

That's not what they said. It's an open class system, so instead of being locked into one from the beginning, your class is determined by what skills you use. I kinda saw it coming when Pondsmith said all the roles would be in, but the way they are implemented would surprise us.
It's still essentially only a skill tree with no commitment required. And 6 out of the 9 classes of the setting are not playable. I figured some classes might not make the cut, but this is still way more streamlined than I was hoping.

Also character customization seems like a moot point if the game is primarily FPS focused anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom