Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum veteran
Fast and lethal, yes.

But no fast healing in the PnP at all.
Get thee to a medic/hospital.
Thanks. My first thought was that the inhaler was a kind of drug that just kept you hanging on long enough to finish up and make it to actual medical treatment. I guess we'll find out before long.

But how is it something new when literally every RPG that has came out in the last year is FPS, it just seems like they are following the crowd and not standing out
Every... what?

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pillars of Eternity 2
Vampyr
Lost Sphear
Ys VIII

And numerous others, most of which aren't first-person. I can understand arguments about motion sickness (my condolences to anyone who has that; I've only experienced it once or twice in first-person games, and it definitely wasn't fun), but yesterday the arguments were that it'd be a third-person Grand Theft Auto ripoff and wasn't unique for that reason. Would it be any more unique if it could be switched between first-person and third-person like Bethesda's games? Or is uniqueness simply an excuse to justify something you don't care for?

This is such a disappointment. All I can think of right now is if "Watchdogs coupled with the new Deus Ex line, the offspring would be something like this". This is so opposite to what I had hoped for (but then, it's also pretty much as expected...).

So, eh, what's there left to do....

I mean there still can be some other factors affecting your accuracy, such as recoil, which might be reduced through learning right skills or implants.

Well see, eventually. But from the sound of it so far, if such is there, it's not going to be very significant.

What if some of the other classes could work as factions you join in the mid-game? Like corporates on one path and rockerboys on another? Okay, I'll shut up about classes now.

I mean there still can be some other factors affecting your accuracy, such as recoil, which might be reduced through learning right skills or implants.

Recoil, accuracy well ok, but a bullet still do the same thing, I dunno, the wrist thing sounds dumb to me

In an RPG it doesn't work like that. It's not you that is aiming, it's your character, and the quality of aim should reflect the ability of the character, not yours.

Hey, you are preaching to a choir, that's how it should be. But if it is you who centers the aim and decides where the bullets land (instead of simply choosing targets and letting the PC aim and hit as per his skill), it's not your character anymore. It your hand on the mouse/controller. And the skill/implant impact to damage is just magic.

"It’s an open world that you open up more with “street cred.” For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places."

Hmm not sure how I feel about the street cred thing but having clothes affect it does match the "style is everything" motif of Cyberpunk 2020.

"It’s an open world that you open up more with “street cred.” For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places."

Hmm not sure how I feel about the street cred thing but having clothes affect it does match the "style is everything" motif of Cyberpunk 2020.
I'll give you that.
If it's a single item (or close to it) in the game and that extra 5% isn't vital and can be made up by personal rep from doing jobs I'll withdraw my objection.

I'll give you that.
If it's a single item (or close to it) in the game and that extra 5% isn't vital and can be made up by personal rep from doing jobs I'll withdraw my objection.

I mean, that jacket thing was most probably just an example of how things can work. I bet there will be other things - like how you complete missions, what choices you make etc, that will affect street cred.

About the lost roles: Cop, Corp, Rockerboy/girl. I wasn't happy at them getting cut, but then I remembered in the original PnP everyone had access to the same skills. The only thing your "Role" did was add a bonus to certain types of skill roles. Netrunners added their "interface" to the net initiative rolls and some hacking skills, medias / rockers / cops added their bonus to persuade / perform roles. You basically got a bonus to the skills you used most as they relate to how your archtype got things done.
Seems they have mirrored this here. Yes, I would love to have my Fixer con a guard to open a locked door ("Prisoner transfer from cellblock 1138..") But hacking it or blowing it with C6 works for me for now. At the end of the day there are limits in computer games that don't have the luxury of a built in GM

I mean, that jacket thing was most probably just an example of how things can work. I bet there will be other things - like how you complete missions, what choices you make etc, that will affect street cred.
At this point we can only hope.

Forum veteran
Has anyone mentioned that you can purchase real estate yet? It's hard to keep track of everyone's takes, but that seems like a pretty huge thing. The "interactive dialogue control" sounds pretty promising, too.

At this point we can only hope.

Looking at TW3 as an example of quests changing the dynamics of the world, I have no doubt that will be a major way to earn street cred

Has anyone mentioned that you can purchase real estate yet? It's hard to keep track of everyone's takes, but that seems like a pretty huge thing. The "interactive dialogue control" sounds pretty promising, too.

Oooh where was this mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom