Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks Gregski. That IGN article seems to have misconstrued some things by comparison. The "healing inhaler" is just good old fashioned illegal drugs and the "street cred" jacket is basically what I thought previously. This has been a good read.

227 has a blog? Since when? (for how long have I been out of touch, seriously)

Next thing you will tell me Sard is a moderator now and Dragonbird isn't.. Like I would believe that.

Where is Dragonbird come to think of it? Not seen her in a long time.

> Hey @fchopin I can relate from your disappointment.
> But don't let that take your motivation stumble from what can take you out of enjoying the game.
> We all have to see how it plays out, I know that despite whatever 3rd person games are so few to come by, that sometimes something different according to the developers it will be the reason for a good immersive experience.
> I for once could be immerse playing in 3rd person. I was wondering how the 3rd person animations while hiding and running might look. But let's see what and how will pan-out. I know perhaps nothing could take you and people that feel a little with discomfort be amended by words. But let's see.

We don't see V in this moment, and only see the gun she's holding – the same viewpoint we see in every first-person shooter.
Boo.

V enters the room and quickly dives behind a waist-high object, but doesn't remain concealed for long. She takes a huff from a reflex booster, which glows somewhat magically when its inhaled, and opens fire on a number of unsuspecting scavengers. As the bullets fly, V uses the booster to initiate what is effectively bullet time.
Oh, yay, Technomagic.

By jacking into the woman's neuro socket, V is able to see a variety of data, and is able to call in a medical team. This particular woman is apparently a big deal as the medical team that will assist her is platinum level. After working past a couple of security measures in the woman's system, V calls in a medical evacuation unit. Before they can move her, the woman flatlines. V uses a "hypo" on her heart to stabilize her.
Let's hope the data has some utility and isn't just fluff - "You're a Netrunner, see what you can see!"

The trauma team is heavily armed, and is a high-end version of insurance for rich people. V asks if they can give her and Jackie a lift, but they don't respond. We then see V walking through the city <clip>
(y)

Text appears over their head saying things like "junkie" or "bodyguard" along with their level.
*mutter various incoherent and obscene things*
Their "role"?
Level???
Guess we have unlimited access to face recognition and personal history databases ... wanna bet the stuff we really want/need to know about major opponents isn't available?

which holds her jackets, each giving protections for various things like physical, thermal, EMP, and chemical
Oh yay, Rock, Paper, Scissors combat in addition to being FPS.

This particular quest can be approached from a variety of different angles. V can go in guns blazing and grab the item, or, if the threat appears too great, which is the case here, can just to talk her way through it or use stealth.
I guess three is a "variety of different angles". At least it's not just shoot or sneak.

At this point I know I sound very negative about CP2077, a lot of that is due to my extreme disappointment that it's an FPS and has strayed from it's CP2020 roots into the "Action RPG" genre. From a purely financial standpoint I fully understand why CDPR took this approach, I was just hoping more traditional RPGs weren't dead, CDPR was my last hope.

Forum veteran
Character backstory and fluid classes sounds a lot like how Arcanum handled its characters. Just putting that out there. One thing from that VG247 article that baffles me, though: "The transition between cutscene and interactivity is so smooth it’s really difficult to gauge where one starts and the other begins." How is that remotely possible if gameplay is in first-person and cutscenes are in third-person?

227 has a blog? Since when?
March 2012. Only started covering newer/pre-release games and getting some actual traction in late 2017, though.

Where is Dragonbird come to think of it? Not seen her in a long time.
As memory serves, she wasn't happy with the forum change before this one when everything was broken and everyone was unhappy and she left. There might have been other reasons. Whatever the case, I miss her greatly.

(Unless she comes back, in which case this post was a hacker's doing.)

gameplay is in first-person and cutscenes are in third-person?
Not all cutscenes are in third person. Some are handled from FPP.
Besides, a smooth transition from FPP to TPP is still possible. Camera movements can do wonders - look at the new God of War for example.

Forum veteran
Not all cutscenes are in third person. Some are handled from FPP.
Source?

Besides, a smooth transition from FPP to TPP is still possible. Camera movements can do wonders - look at the new God of War for example.
Yeah, but a smooth transition doesn't rob you of the ability to go, "oh hey, I'm now back inside V's brain, so I guess the cutscene is over now." That they apparently couldn't do so suggests that there may be some hype-building exaggeration at play here.

> Hey @fchopin I can relate from your disappointment.
> But don't let that take your motivation stumble from what can take you out of enjoying the game.
> We all have to see how it plays out, I know that despite whatever 3rd person games are so few to come by, that sometimes something different according to the developers it will be the reason for a good immersive experience.
> I for once could be immerse playing in 3rd person. I was wondering how the 3rd person animations while hiding and running might look. But let's see what and how will pan-out. I know perhaps nothing could take you and people that feel a little with discomfort be amended by words. But let's see.

How can i enjoy the game in first person? i do not play first person games.
CDPR kept it secret for what reason? why did they not tell us before?
The reason i think is simple, they knew people would be disappointed.
They will loose many customers because the game is first person.
I do not believe why they would try to trick their own fans.

Well, I don't know what to think or feel anymore. And I know how everyone feels, as I have waited for soooo damn long and hoped for so much, I mostly created the game in my head already. Everyone has a perfect picture of "how it has to be" in their heads for so many years anything outside of that is ever so slightly disappointing. Maybe the game will live up to it, maybe it wont, but perhaps everyone should realize it cannot exactly be the way we always imagined it. That doesn't mean the game itself will not be good, more likely than not, we will love it all the same. (that depends on several factors but we will see)

I had hoped there would be at least some gameplay shown during interviews, that would have put at least some of the concerns to rest, but alas I guess it wasn't meant to be.

March 2012. Only started covering newer/pre-release games and getting some actual traction in late 2017, though.

You hid it from me intentionally didn't you... You meanie you.. And here I thought we were hidden forum buddies.

I am happy for you mate.

As memory serves, she wasn't happy with the forum change before this one when everything was broken and everyone was unhappy and she left. There might have been other reasons. Whatever the case, I miss her greatly.

(Unless she comes back, in which case this post was a hacker's doing.)

As per usual I will claim Sard did it if its alright.

Also, I wasn't happy with the forum changes either, I still am not happy with them. We lost so many good friends over here mostly because of what a terrific job they did at destroying these forums. So she was right to leave, but I seriously hope she comes back. (I hope everyone does, seriously.)

OK, I stand corrected.
I was wrong !

Seems CDPR decided to incorporate a sort VATS type combat system into Smartguns.
One can assume (yes .. that dirty word assume) Smartguns will have target lock-on, shot location, and character skills incorporated into their functionality. Guess the FPS crowd can just use the points they save not needing to buy combat skills on other things, and as long as it's a single-player game that's a non-issue.

How can i enjoy the game in first person? i do not play first person games.
CDPR kept it secret for what reason? why did they not tell us before?
The reason i think is simple, they knew people would be disappointed.
They will loose many customers because the game is first person.
I do not believe why they would try to trick their own fans.

Why would they try and trick anyone just to say "haha fooled you" a good year or so before release? Think about what you are saying for 5 seconds please.

OK, I stand corrected.
I was wrong !

Seems CDPR decided to incorporate a sort VATS type combat system into Smartguns.
One can assume (yes .. that dirty word assume) Smartguns will have target lock-on, shot location, and character skills incorporated into their functionality. Guess the FPS crowd can just use the points they save not needing to buy combat skills on other things, and as long as it's a single-player game that's a non-issue.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Why would they try and trick anyone just to say "haha fooled you" a good year or so before release? Think about what you are saying for 5 seconds please.

Because we were let to believe that the game would be similar to Skyrim, first and third person options.
They knew this and they did nothing to stop this, and they also said there was customization, but who cares when the game is first person.

Because we were let to believe that the game would be similar to Skyrim, first and third person options.
They knew this and they did nothing to stop this, and they also said there was customization, but who cares when the game is first person.

As the 2nd trailer and this event is the first "Official" remarks by them since the first trailer, by definition they were "hiding" everything. But there is no conspiracy here as, prior to this week, there was no official word.

What they did say was "We will tell you about stuff when its done." Which they just did so, in that they have been 100% truthful

BTW I'm sad that there will not be more TPP, but to say they lied or hid stuff is a lie in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom