Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also expect the game release in 2020...reasons?

Its a Huge Nod to mikes tabletop game CyberPunk2020
PS5 is also rumored to arrive in this time frame
I believe the game will be compatible with ps4 but just like the witcher 3's upgrade for the ps4 pro,there will also be the upgraded ps5 version

Lets face it,most people wont go right out and get a ps5*cough*I WILL*cough*
And CDPR is savvy enough to know they need to release this on both versions

Not to mention they already sent the tech demo to SONY to make sure things are going in the right direction{has to be next gen tech}
Something like that anyways

Tempting, but being fixed income it'll take me months to save enough to by myself a copy much less two ... unless you don't mind waiting 3-6 months after release to get your copy?
I don't. Probably buy it for myself anyway. This would just be for fun.

You're right it was just over 2 years. My math was off.

And I really hope they learnt their lesson. :)
In some aspect they already learned the lesson by not giving release date at all:p . They are still building the world and designing some gameplay stuff, writing etc.. . It easily could be late 2019 minimum

Forum veteran
The Witcher 2 was released on May 17th, 2011. The Witcher 3 landed on May 19th, 2015. Therefore, Cyberpunk 2077 will release on May 21st, 2019.

But seriously, didn't they say that they were impressed with Fallout 4's marketing campaign? They've also been somewhat cagey about things like cyberspace that they've clearly committed to, which is kind of suspicious. The rumor mill pegs the next console generation to start around 2020, too, which could be something they want to beat (not least of all because preempting it would give them a chance to double-dip down the road). Speculation, obviously, but profit is a powerful force.

The rumor mill pegs the next console generation to start around 2020, too, which could be something they want to beat
Or they could accept funding from M$ or Sony (M$ more likely since they seem to be good "friends") in order to become a flagship title for the new consoles.

Forum veteran
Or they could accept funding from M$ or Sony (M$ more likely since they seem to be good "friends") in order to become a flagship title for the new consoles.
Possibly! That'd certainly be great for short-term profit.

That's never really struck me as their style, personally, and it's hard to picture given their experience with long-tail sales, but that may just be my wishful thinking running interference.

Possibly! That'd certainly be great for short-term profit.

That's never really struck me as their style, personally, and it's hard to picture given their experience with long-tail sales, but that may just be my wishful thinking running interference.
And I certainly hope that doesn't come to happen. Just putting out there! :p

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
Eh? The game released in 2015, the big E3 reveal was in 2013. And the only reason it released so late is that it got delayed by 10-11 months in total. 2 years max. CDPR has said they learned their lesson this time, implying they aren't going to reveal the game before its closer to being finished, and they won't give a release date till its very close.

Well, since Lis got the banhammer, how's about you and I make a bet? If it released in late 2019 or early 2020, I buy you the game. If I win, you buy it for me. :)
If people aren't experiencing a slight sense of dejavu with this compared to TW3 pre-release hype. Short memories.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...-50-minutes-of-william-gibson-level-insanity/

Among the usual gloating...
brutal high-speed gunplay. This is a first-person shooter, full-stop

CDPR says "smart" guns can eventually be picked up to auto-target foes, but the gameplay slice we saw focused largely on real-time, first-person combat that rewarded precise aiming

And you must answer three "origin story" questions: what brought you to future-LA's Night City neighborhood, who's your childhood hero, and what was a key life event. (Each of those questions has three possible answers, and the current, unfinished rubric showed some vague answers. That Night City question, for example, has answers about an ex-lover, "unfinished business," and "something to prove.")

Fingers crossed for Gamescom, hopefully in whatever format it is they can show us all what everyone has been blown away by behind closed doors.

If anything showing the gameplay as presented in the demo might go along way to winning over any naysayers and people who are dissapointed with the FPP gameplay. I for one cannot wait to see what they have in store, regardless... i have absolute faith in CDPR and the skill and talent they have working behind the scenes to give us the best possible cyberpunk game.

• RED Point
Reactions: Yex
Yes YES please :D let us see the awesomeness ^^ guys.
I am with you here ^^ (already wished for this in several other threads though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom