Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be lucky to see gameplay in 2019. I don't see this game coming out until the next gen consoles, so probably another 2-3 years.

In one of the interviews, one of the developper almost said "you'll have more news in..." which sounded like month to come (days or years would've sounded off...)
It was in the fist streaming, don't remember the name, but I suspect the game may be a bit more advanced than they tells us (most likely as they said their marketing plan was solid).

I figure we have some good news coming.

As far as I know, the demo, or at least an edited version of it, will be made public later this year at Gamescom.

I would like to point out that we never said anything about this. We really appreciate your enthusiasm to see the game and, believe me, we would like to share it as soon as possible but it's still work in progress. Once we are ready to reveal it before wider audience, we will. :)

I dont understand. If its so WIP why show it to journalists and critics? Why cant we see it on the basis that its WIP especially since the journalists had no restrictions as to what they could report. Ive heard so much about the demo (which alone has made it game of show for so many) but still cant see it

lol I highly doubt it.

They didn't even want the public SEEING it. And the reason is almost certainly to build up hyped for the game, but that has backfired massively because people in interviews said things they didn't think the community would be upset about and they were wrong.

For me it clearly looks like that they still require more time to make sure the game is going to run smooth considering with everything they want to build the game with yet.
Remember the graphics downgrade from Witcher 3 Trailer?
They were forced to downgrade because the game didn't run as smooth as it was intended with its original showcase, and in order to avoid this kind of disappointment with their new game Cyberpunk 2077, I think they simply want to make sure that the experience from a gameplay footage will be definitely what the players will get once the game is ready for release.

That said, CDPR isn't only learning from mistakes in regards of game development, but also for publishing their games. They truly have my respects.

> The is so cool.
> They where giving that to the people that went inside the close door presentation.

> The is so cool.
> They where giving that to the people that went inside the close door presentation.
Yeah.I posted a pic yesterday of a buddy of mine that got one. But this is the guy that did the paint ..

Also ...seen a couple on ebay for 400 to 700$ u.s. o_O

I want to see the gameplay as soon as possible so I can finally understand what it is I am actually going to be experiencing for hundreds of hours. In anticipation I made a huge mistake of idealizing my perfect game and that's been blown to shreds and while I concede that's my fault the unknown is driving me nuts.

“we would like to share it as soon as possible but it's still work in progress. Once we are ready to reveal it before “wider audience”, we will.”

🤔 Fishy.. I guess we can we expect it next month. Gamescom is the best place for us to see the game. I wonder what’s holding them back..

“we would like to share it as soon as possible but it's still work in progress. Once we are ready to reveal it before “wider audience”, we will.”

🤔 Fishy.. I guess we can we expect it next month. Gamescom is the best place for us to see the game. I wonder what’s holding them back..

I can, after a solid WEEK of fun, think of about 100,000 reasons. You know?

One thing to show a demo to a controlled sample group, explain what's happening, set things up, answer the inevitable questions.

Totally another to just dump that online and go wheeeeeeee! Let's hope for the best and that everyone understands what we're trying to do here! Sure hope the forums, Twitter, Discord and everyone else in PR/Marketing can handle the rush!

Yeah, they are going to be very careful about whatever the next stage is. This is a multi million dollar property here.

CDPR building hype?!

Well, sure, some hype, perhaps. But at this point CDPR releasing ANYTHING will be amplified to over 9000 by everyone, so they really don't need to do much to generate "hype", if that is what they want. But I'd argue that they don't need and shouldn't want hype, as that's what leads to people moaning and whining about the smallest discrepancies from what said hyped-up people will envision in their minds.

I'm more inclined to believe the demo was for press only because they didn't want to show a pre-rendered cinematic, but don't actually have a demo they could release to the public. Plus there's the possibility of the visuals getting a downgrade if performance ends up being a problem, which would cause people to freak out as well.

It kinda backfired already, though, didn't it? People super freaked out about the whole FPP thing. People will freak out about anything and everything if it's possible to do so. I would know, because I'm currently freaking out about not being able to see the demo, lol.

Basically combat is not brutal and savage enough for her.
Lol I'm not saying that she's not right - she's the one who has seen the demo after all.
But as far as I remember, some journalists mentioned cutting limbs off, blasting enemies' brains out with V's hands, crushing heads, etc.
How is that not brutal enough?

People are numbed by what's in films and on tv these days. But saying that it does sound like the game will be plenty brutal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom