Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
From YongYea's AMA:

Q: "Does the gunplay overshadow the story?"

A: "Absolutely NOT"

That sounds reassuring.

ALSO: you can see your body parts in FPP!

Last edited:
Maybe. Despite Iwinski actually saying they will indeed have 2077 at E3, official CP Twitter account keeps saying "Actualllyyyy, we haven't talked about that yet..."

Yeah, OK. :p

So, it will be there, but we don't know if it's going to be a public demo or another private demo.

They would be assholes if they did another private demo.

They would be assholes if they did another private demo.

I do not think they would be "assholes", but it would be somewhat disappointing in the sense that it would make a 2020 (rather than 2019) release seem more likely. Considering also the above post about a reboot of the production being confirmed, I suspect now the "important milestone" in November 2017 and the engine being up and running meant that the development team was finally able to show a vertical slice of the game, but it is still far from being finished.

dude you should really stop spreading your misinformation as a fact in several topics, and you should stop calling the developers assholes.

Just a friendly advice.
I love the developers... its friendly banter to emphasize it would be an incredibly arrogant thing to do and just throw it in the internets face again when they obviously have something good enough to make everyone who saw it shit their pants already.

I do not think they would be "assholes", but it would be somewhat disappointing in the sense that it would make a 2020 (rather than 2019) release seem more likely. Considering also the above post about a reboot of the production being confirmed, I suspect now the "important milestone" in November 2017 and the engine being up and running meant that the development team was finally able to show a vertical slice of the game, but it is still far from being finished.
This is why I'd be disappointed with no gameplay. Basically 100% points to a 2020 release. There's no way you don't show your game 8 months out if it's in a good state. Especially if you could theoretically just polish and shrink the press demo.

> Here are the assuming specs from the demo showed at E3.
> Click here please.

Nice. I have a 1080 Ti, an 8700K, and 16 Gigs of RAM. Pretty sure I'll be able to get close to 144FPS at 1080p with this game. Or, at least, more than 110.

> Here are the assuming specs from the demo showed at E3.
> Click here please.

lol they are not "assumed".
anyway, these are specs used to ensure ultra smooth fps with no possible freeze or lags or any visible late texture streaming. the best conditions possible; so obviously an overpowered computer to give the illusion of an optimized game; not that it won't ever be, but that would have been kinda embarrassing, especially for a one hour long demo. have we heard anyone complain about how laggy it was sometimes in heavily crowed area ? during intense gunfights ? no. thanks to these specs.
I kinda hope half of these specs will be enough to have a steady 60fps in 1920x1080 with high to ultra settings

A 1080 TI...welp, to be expected I guess. I may be upgrading.
you might want to reconsider, unless money isn't a problem ;)
I think something less powerful than a 1080ti and more beefy than a 980 will be enough to get enough texture quality for a 1080 rendering.
more important might be a good cpu who will not overheat with the expected heavy load all these details will demand. and of course a good SSD to avoid slow loading/streaming. a good cpu + a SSD is cheaper than a 1080ti imo

Last edited:
From YongYea's AMA:

Q: "Does the gunplay overshadow the story?"

A: "Absolutely NOT"

That sounds reassuring.

ALSO: you can see your body parts in FPP!

YAY it means the player's body will cast shadows ! I HATE IT when a fps doesn't do that; highly unrealistic, like you're made of glass.

A video of it being played in real time. not live game being played.
...What? It was definitely live gameplay. In real time. The demo player actually took out his gun and aimed at a cat in an alleyway box at one point to mess with the demo presenter/talking dude.

The only reason there were "cuts" in between was because the demo controller moved to the next gameplay section, which was played live again.

You don't need a 1080 Ti to show a video of live gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom