Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going based on what CDPR should/will actually do, PC, obviously. There's very little room for argument there. A high-end PC will make the game look objectively better, which is what companies (including CDPR, as much as we love them) aim to do in their marketing before a game's launch. Not trying to be arrogant, this is just the nature of (And the limitations -- which aren't necessarily bad -- of) consoles.

The question is, will those graphics actually be achievable?

Obviously, consoles (Except for the Pro and the X, perhaps - not sure what HW improvements they have over base consoles) will be downgraded, but nobody (including console players) probably expects them not to be.

But one of the reasons PC gamers were so irritated by the Witcher 3's downgrade controversy was that, even with the settings cranked up to Ultra, the graphics didn't look anything like the early gameplay demos. Even with top-of-the-line hardware, it took mods to make the game look anywhere close its original demos.

If the graphics won't be achievable, I think my personal preference would be that they show the game in a state that could be run on everything, or at least the Xbox One or PS4 Pro. Even if the game itself is still running on PC, at least you won't have people upset later.

One thing I didn't hear mention: How does companion "control" work ( if there is any)?
At one point, V used a mix of stealth ( wallclimbing with blades) and hacking. Can we issue basic commands stop, wait, attack, etc.

It seems doubtful, I think it would have been mentioned by the journalists who saw the demo if it was in the game. It sounds more like the companion's actions were scripted as part of the quest.

That's what I was starting to suspect tbh.
I understand this company wants good PR and sucking up to the press is part of that.

But bullsh*t like this just leaves a bad f*ckin taste in my mouth.

Gamers really need to stop these silly conspiracy theories ( my favorite: Bethesda deliberately sabotaged New Vegas because they didn't want it to turn out better than Fallout III)..journalists were completely free and influenced to post their own impressions, there was no great mastermind plan around it.

Or this is Oscar worthy performance:

It seems doubtful, I think it would have been mentioned by the journalists who saw the demo if it was in the game. It sounds more like the companion's actions were scripted as part of the quest.

There could be some simple requests the player could make for the companions for combat behavior (i.e. aggressive - defensive, reckless - cautious...).

But if they are immortal (which they shouldn't), it doesn't really matter much if they are scripted or commandable. I'm pretty sure that if they can not die, they also can not do much lest the game can be cheesed with them doing all the work and the player hunkering down far away. I do hope that's not the case. The temporary companions in Witcher 3 tended to be awful in regards to combat.

Growing up in NC would force V to mature quickly. The motto for raising children in NC is 'Scar 'em young. Scar 'em deep. Scar 'em often.'
V did not grew up on NC - He/she arrives there at the beginning of the game. I believe one of the lifepath questions ask you to give reason for arriving in NC. it makes sense actually

Considering all the different accusations people are able to come up with on the internet, I'd say they shouldn't say a word about the system any publically released gameplay was captured from. And it should be captured on mid-tier settings, not high-end-PC-Ultra style, just to avoid half of the forums banned because of another downgrade "debate".

However, if they do a marketing deal with Microsoft it might require them to release some kind of "Xbox footage" gameplay at some point.

And it should be captured on mid-tier settings, not high-end-PC-Ultra style, just to avoid half of the forums banned because of another downgrade "debate".

There's no way they do that, even if it's what they should do. They aren't going to show their game off in anything but the best possible light. ESPECIALLY not on an Xbox. They might lie and say it's running on Xbox (as publishers are wont to do), or it may run on a PS4 Pro, but that's about it.

I wish they would, too, trust me, I just doubt it's going to happen. I wish the industry as a whole would just stop showing off unrealistically-good looking games. I mean, if they never did that to begin with, we would still be impressed my the graphical evolution over time, because graphics naturally get better over the years.

Realistically it doesn't matter what it's shown on. Why? Because what is important now is how the game handles at launch. What we have now is enough to go on anyways and the information is all over the internet. Anything extra has the potential to even further blow up speculation and unrealistic hype that could tarnish the game more instead of help it.

V did not grew up on NC - He/she arrives there at the beginning of the game. I believe one of the lifepath questions ask you to give reason for arriving in NC. it makes sense actually

yet he calls night city "his" city. very personal for someone who just arrived. obviously he wasn't born there as most citizens seem to arrive at some point ("everybody wants to live here"), but he might be there for quite some time, not arriving in the beginning of the game; however what would be amazing in the lifepath selection would be the time already spent in night city: for newcomers, a blank reputation, for a 1-2 years life, some already known map locations, some beefs with random npcs... who knows.

Last edited:

Guest 4310777

Ok I have a wild idea. What if they release two versions of every gameplay trailer. One for PC and one for XBOX ;) boom, I'm a genius

For the people who saw the demo. Did the graphics look more realistic than the Witcher 3 ones ? I just stumbled on an article and it said ''As our Matt points out, however, though Cyberpunk 2077 is running on a massively updated version of the REDengine (version 4), the demo didn’t look as visually realistic as the gameworld of The Witcher 3.'' https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077-1080p-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti I mean, how is this possible ?
Here I have another article that says « However the game doesn't aim at the same kind of 'realism' as The Witcher 3, as it presents a more man-made stylised comic book aesthetic. » http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/119363-cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-pc-specs-revealed/

So what do you think of all this ? Imo it doesnt make any sense. The graphics should be superior to witcher 3. It should be more realistic, not more cartoonish or comic style

After the TW3 reveal, I never rule out the glorified vertical slice. CDPR straight up admitted this happened. That said, I can totally tell that 99% of the trailer is in engine. Everything after the guy leaves the train seems plausible. It's all on them - they put this trailer out there, now they need to match it.

Ok I have a wild idea. What if they release two versions of every gameplay trailer. One for PC and one for XBOX ;) boom, I'm a genius

I think they did that already with this new trailer, one version looks really good while the other is slightly downgraded, which could be the X version.

For the people who saw the demo. Did the graphics look more realistic than the Witcher 3 ones ? I just stumbled on an article and it said ''As our Matt points out, however, though Cyberpunk 2077 is running on a massively updated version of the REDengine (version 4), the demo didn’t look as visually realistic as the gameworld of The Witcher 3.'' https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077-1080p-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti I mean, how is this possible ?
Here I have another article that says « However the game doesn't aim at the same kind of 'realism' as The Witcher 3, as it presents a more man-made stylised comic book aesthetic. » http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/119363-cyberpunk-2077-e3-demo-pc-specs-revealed/

So what do you think of all this ? Imo it doesnt make any sense. The graphics should be superior to witcher 3. It should be more realistic, not more cartoonish or comic style

According to the impressions I read, the game visuals looked pretty much like the trailer, so you can judge it by yourself.

What? What are you talking about?
EDIT: Actually nevermind, reddit thread was removed. Someone made a very good analysis of the footage they showed during the Xbox converence and the trailer on youtube and there were some differences between them regarding some hair color/shaders and some LOD. Looked like the trailers were made with different builds of the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom