Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think of all this ? Imo it doesnt make any sense. The graphics should be superior to witcher 3. It should be more realistic, not more cartoonish or comic style

Intentional decision, maybe. And frankly speaking, a swell one. Every other game wants to be "realistic"; not ever game needs to, and cyberpunk lends itself well for a bit of a comicbooky twist.

In the passages you quoted, they are speaking of aesthetic direction, not graphics. A more humble ("realism" wise) and stylized aesthetic direction might allow them to put more stuff on the screen without it becoming an excessive resource hog. And based on the trailer, the both, the graphics and aesthetic are just fine. Even less would've sufficed.

I can confirm what he's saying. I saw the Reddit thread myself.

If you go back and re-watch the E3 trailer, it's different from the final YouTube trailer.

Weird. And it's not a resolution issue? It's an actually different build you think?

Weird. And it's not a resolution issue? It's an actually different build you think?
Yeah, my guess is the E3 trailer was prepped months in advance. They probably watched it through in the months/weeks after it was finished and decided to polish it for YouTube (since that's where most people are going to see it).

Definitely not a resolution thing. LoDs are different, hair styles are different, some elements are missing (or present) entirely, etc.

EDIT: For reference, this is the E3 trailer.

This is the YT trailer.

First major difference is the punks' hair styles on the tram/subway.

Both would be great. Would love to see it in 4k / 60fps on the PC version along with the hardware they run it on as a base line guestimate. And no reason not to let console gamers see the console version too. Informed customers are better customers for a number of reasons, IMO.

they show it on PC, people will complain, they show it on xbox, people will complain, they show it on both, people will complain. They show it on a carved potato plugged into a lemon powered by the hatred of the internet and people will really complain.
they just cant win either way.

they show it on PC, people will complain, they show it on xbox, people will complain, they show it on both, people will complain. They show it on a carved potato plugged into a lemon powered by the hatred of the internet and people will really complain.
they just cant win either way.

Yep. Although the trick is to distinguish between a vocal minority and a happy majority. A vocal minority had lots of issues with W3 graphics and gameplay. The majority had a really good time with the game.

So there's that.

Abacus Pro, thank you very much.

P.S. But in all honesty though I'm planning to play it on the regular version, and fear it will run in slideshow mode.

Last edited:
Yep. Although the trick is to distinguish between a vocal minority and a happy majority. A vocal minority had lots of issues with W3 graphics and gameplay. The majority had a really good time with the game.

So there's that.
Aye. I never understood the hate.

The only thing that I was annoyed by wasn't the graphics, but the animations. In my opinion, many of the E3 animations were significantly better than the ones in the final game. Some mods have managed to recreate a few of them, but alas, the mod support for the game is far from perfect.

I still wasn't raging about it, though. Game looked excellent in the end. I don't mind graphical downgrades, I just hope we don't see animation downgrades (but I won't be upset either way).

Last edited:
What ever is shown running CP2020 on Digital Foundry will do their work digging over each trailer and gameplay video once shown, Plus not everything shown on Xbox one X looks good or is running great there have been games shown running better on PS4 Pro but most of the time trailers are shown best on a high end pc.

What ever is shown running CP2020 on Digital Foundry will do their work digging over each trailer and gameplay video once shown, Plus not everything shown on Xbox one X looks good or is running great there have been games shown running better on PS4 Pro but most of the time trailers are shown best on a high end pc.
There's a Cyberpunk 2020 video game? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom