Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And here i was hoping for some news to celebrate 10.01 date :)
Post automatically merged:

I'm a little bummed about the city being the only map. I was hoping to see outskirts or wastelands and I'm a big fan of the multi-region approach. Maybe we will, as this is still a sketchy interview.
There is some interesting thing with the map. Captured from E3 trailer:
qwqqwq.jpg
23123.png

I marked place, where you can see another map. It seems like the map of whole California state. I don't really know it mean something or just detail, but it exists.

Warning: shit audio. Gotta say, I'm quite excited about the interactive dialog system.
What was this?

Also, this bit:

"it's supposed to rain and everywhere there's going to be neons, so we can only answer so much that all this is in our game. As in the Wackyard, there is much more in the trailer and we have deliberately shown things that are not just the first ones. We wanted to point out that the Cyberpunk 2077 will be a widespread game, and nightlife in the uprooted city is just one of its aspects. "

Maybe this will make certain individuals stop bringing this up. On BOTH sides of the issue, mind you.

On one hand, you have people almost arrogantly saying "This is CDPR's game, and if they wanted to change the tone from the 2013 trailer, SO BE IT, OK?!", and on the other hand, people constantly claiming that the game "isn't true Cyberpunk" because the trailer didn't show rain/night/etc.

There WILL be the Bladerunner moments, there WILL be the Neuromancer moments, but there will also be the rock and roll moments from the trailer. There will be day, and there will be night. There will be rain (maybe snow?! Hey, I can dream), there will be sunshine.

To me, there has been no tone change. They simply already showed one face of the game years ago, and now they've shown another.

Last edited:
I find this news personally a bit sad. I have been a fan of Sebastian ever since I learned he was a lead writer of Witcher 2 - whose story I found very well crafted, I loved the political nature of it. He has been at CDP for so long and being assigned to Cyberpunk, I took it as a sign of certain quality.
Now obviously we have no idea why he left, maybe his duties on Cyberpunk have been finished and Activision Blizzard offered him irresistible opportunity.
Still, Leonard Boyarsky comes to mind, he was lead developer on original Fallout, Vampire Bloodlines and Arcanum, joined Blizzard after Troika went bankrupt, but never really did anything of note there (his work on Diablo 3 was mostly scrapped) and so eventually after years he left for Obsidian to make real RPGs again (Outer Worlds).

I hope Sebastian will either get to make a proper RPG (not action nonsense with microtransaction that blizzard does), or comes back to CDP one day.

Source of the information is is linkedin account.

Cyberpunk 2077 Creative Director Sebastian Stępień has left CD Projekt Red to join Blizzard starting this year.

Anyone know who filled his spot or taking over?

We will miss you Sebastian Steplen and hope nothing but the best for you.

Im just hoping this does not put a delay on Cyberpunk 2077

Thoughts?
Post automatically merged:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01/23/cyberpunk-2077s-creative-director-joins-blizzard

there is link to the story if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Yea hate to see him go was just wondering as Creative Director is a heavy post one that impacts the game a lot.

Just hoping its as you say and business as normal.

I'm sure they have a replacement but who?

I find this news personally a bit sad. I have been a fan of Sebastian ever since I learned he was a lead writer of Witcher 2 - whose story I found very well crafted, I loved the political nature of it. He has been at CDP for so long and being assigned to Cyberpunk, I took it as a sign of certain quality.
Now obviously we have no idea why he left, maybe his duties on Cyberpunk have been finished and Activision Blizzard offered him irresistible opportunity.
Still, Leonard Boyarsky comes to mind, he was lead developer on original Fallout, Vampire Bloodlines and Arcanum, joined Blizzard after Troika went bankrupt, but never really did anything of note there (his work on Diablo 3 was mostly scrapped) and so eventually after years he left for Obsidian to make real RPGs again (Outer Worlds).

I hope Sebastian will either get to make a proper RPG (not action nonsense with microtransaction that blizzard does), or comes back to CDP one day.

Source of the information is is linkedin account.

I wish only the best for Sebastian, but the question here is who replaced him Creative Director is a heavy post one that impacts the game a lot. Let's hope its someone with the experience needed to finish Cyberpunk 2077.

These are big shoes to fill

He has actually been narrative and setting director since mid-2016. However, those aspects of the game might be fairly complete by now.

Good point, let's hope.
Moving forward is another question as i'm sure DLC is planned for Cyberpunk the likes we got with Witcher 3.
So I'm still interested to know who replaced him.

He has actually been narrative and setting director since mid-2016. However, those aspects of the game might be fairly complete by now.

so, if the only polishing is left , when the game comes out ??? the devs said after their private showdown at press in e3 2018 that they had not show many features of the game yet :rolleyes::rolleyes: even thinking that now digital scapes are helping them... is it possible november 2019 for example ???:love::love::love:

Hoping this is the case. While there is always turnover, it would be somewhat alarming for a major position holder to move on before their project was finished, so hoping you're right, and maybe most of this person's work was completed. Could have just been a situation too where maybe the person was offered a bunch more $ and simply couldn't turn it down. I dunno.

Hoping this is the case. While there is always turnover, it would be somewhat alarming for a major position holder to move on before their project was finished, so hoping you're right, and maybe most of this person's work was completed. Could have just been a situation too where maybe the person was offered a bunch more $ and simply couldn't turn it down. I dunno.

Agree with that. I'm not a gamedev expert, however I think that modern agreements are usually designed in the way the job has to be completed. I hope Sebastian founds himself great in Blizzard which is one of my favorite game studios too, however I'm also worried about the replacement. It's better to hope he completed his work for CP2077 - In this case we may really see the game soon! ;)

Already in the News and Media thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...reviews-thread.10970204/page-66#post-11352988

May merge. Dunno what to talk about here - People come and go from CDPR all the time. Happened throughout Witcher 3, will happen throughout Cyberpunk 2, whatever it ends up being called.

Pretty much business as normal.

Good writer though.

Happens throughout entire game industry. The core devs dont ever leave, they just move from one place to another.

Theres still lots and lots of devs from the 90s for example, so you can understand why game industry value them so much? Theres still guys alive who have seen rise of the game industry from the dust, entirely.

It happens a lot in the creative world, but CDs don't usually get-out-and-dodge until their part is done. So we can only hope he left after his job was done.

Let's hope for a 2000 and current year release people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom