Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw E3 schedule floating around, this Iwiński presentation is supposed to happen at end of E3 - June 13 at 1:00pm ET. If we get first info in XBox conference and extra tidbits in various shows ala IGN in the middle then for us fans this will be one long E3.

Saw E3 schedule floating around, this Iwiński presentation is supposed to happen at end of E3 - June 13 at 1:00pm ET. If we get first info in XBox conference and extra tidbits in various shows ala IGN in the middle then for us fans this will be one long E3.
We will prob get gameplay trailer at the conference and some tiny bits of footage along the way, i agree

https://www.bankier.pl/wiadomosc/Hi...em-Kicinskim-tylko-na-Bankier-pl-7680753.html

Adam Kiciński was a special guest at the recent investors conference WallStreet 23, where he did answers some questions related to CD Projekt and Cyberpunk. Here are the most interesting tidbits:

- when asked about Cyberpunk release date, his only response was "It's getting closer everyday"

- again he reiterated how important this year's E3 will be for the company, but refused to speak about any details

- when it comes to publishing the games made by the other companies or investing into other developers, while they don't exclude the possibility of something like that happening much further down the line, right now they don't have plans for anything of that sort, instead they will be focusing on developing and publishing their own games

- it's possible, but unlikely that they might acquire more teams like Strange New Things (which became CD Projekt Red Wrocław), because team like that would have to become a part of CDPR and also share their culture/principles, which was the case with SNT. Their main focus right now however is expanding their Cracow and Wrocław divisions (which currently consist of respectively around 90 and around 30 developers)

- Adam stated again that they don't have a desire to become a company that releases a new big game every year, if it means compromising their quality. The most important thing for them is to make games that in certain aspects will be truly exceptional. Thanks to that, their games are always selling for a long periods of time (even their older games, like The Witcher 1 and 2 are still bringing additional revenue). Of course, they do have a plan to expand enough to be able to develop two games of The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk level at the same time, but before that happens, they need to create a second team, which will be as big as their current Cyberpunk team. He also added that they might release some online content to make the wait between major releases shorter in the future

- again he confirmed that they are planning to release another bigger production before 2021

- when asked about making other games outside of RPG genre, he said that you need to be smart about it, whenever you choose to develop into other direction. He also added that Cyberpunk 2077 is a game, which in many aspects is reaching beyond an RPG genre, and they already made Gwent, which was a card game, however RPG games will remain their main focus. Their ultimate goal is to become a top development studio among all the other game producers, not just the ones making an RPG games.

- their desire is to make both their franchises, Cyberpunk and The Witcher, eternal, like some american franchises, which function through generations, never get old and become an integral part of popculture

- he commented about their recent decision to pay dividend to the investors, explaining the reason behind it as a very clear plan for the marketing and development of Cyberpunk 2077 with all the costs accounted for, which left them very confident about upcoming cash flow. That includes already signed contracts with all the other publishers

- he was asked about Cyberpunk multiplayer. To that he responded that some online component for that game will be definitely added someday, but right now they are concentrating on releasing the game as a single player experience only

- Adam strongly suggested that they might have plans to release a game for Nintendo Switch. When in the interview he discussed a mobile gaming, he was talking about a limitations of the mobile phones, including small screens, and that they are planning to release their big games on "bigger screens" only. Then he added "At least of that size", while making a rectangle with his fingers, roughly the size of Nintendo Switch screen. On top of that, one of the investors asked him directly about when we can expect The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch. Hearing that, Kicinski clearly hesitated, then started talking about how big Switch market became recently, before stating that he can't talk about something that wasn't announced yet and if they indeed were working on some project for Nintendo Switch, they wouldn't be able to talk about it until it's official reveal. It's very different from way before, when he was being asked about Cyberpunk for Switch, which he straight up denied. With all the rumors about The Witcher 3 port for Nintendo Switch, I find those statements really interesting and something that definitely turns those rumours into a very real possibility.

Last edited:
- again he confirmed that they are planning to release another bigger production before the end of 2021
Will it be dangerous from a business perspective that the second game to be in fact Cyberpunk game number 2 in the franchise?
By dangerous I mean released so close to the first game. And, maybe the online component, multiplayer will be added to it.

Why I thought of being CP nr.2 is that the time to release it is very short after the release of CP2077.
The second game will use parts from the first one and this will reduce the development time for it.

CDPR has a 4 years period to make a good game. Release CP2077 this year and have 2 years left to get CP second game by the end of 2021.

Will it be dangerous from a business perspective that the second game to be in fact Cyberpunk game number 2 in the franchise?
By dangerous I mean released so close to the first game. And, maybe the online component, multiplayer will be added to it.

Why I thought of being CP nr.2 is that the time to release it is very short after the release of CP2077.
The second game will use parts from the first one and this will reduce the development time for it.

CDPR has a 4 years period to make a good game. Release CP2077 this year and have 2 years left to get CP second game by the end of 2021.

I agree.

I'm thinking they are related, hoping both are Cyberpunk IP.

It could be Cyberpunk multiplayer or expansion, but definitely not a sequel or anything of that sort. Of course, it's hard to tell when the line between a product supporting main release and a completely separate product lies.

Man I'm dying to see what the new game will be, whether it's in an existing franchise of theirs or a new IP. Interesting news about the Switch. He almost confirms it there.

- again he confirmed that they are planning to release another bigger production before 2021

- Adam strongly suggested that they might have plans to release a game for Nintendo Switch. When in the interview he discussed a mobile gaming, he was talking about a limitations of the mobile phones, including small screens, and that they are planning to release their big games on "bigger screens" only. Then he added "At least of that size", while making a rectangle with his fingers, roughly the size of Nintendo Switch screen. On top of that, one of the investors asked him directly about when we can expect The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch. Hearing that, Kicinski clearly hesitated, then started talking about how big Switch market became recently, before stating that he can't talk about something that wasn't announced yet and if they indeed were working on some project for Nintendo Switch, they wouldn't be able to talk about it until it's official reveal. It's very different from way before, when he was being asked about Cyberpunk for Switch, which he straight up denied. With all the rumors about The Witcher 3 port for Nintendo Switch, I find those statements really interesting and something that definitely turns those rumours into a very real possibility.

Reading these 2 points together makes me more and more convinced that the new unannounced project will be Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch.

I hope I don't burst anyone's bubble too much! :p

Reading these 2 points together makes me more and more convinced that the new unannounced project will be Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch.

I hope I don't burst anyone's bubble too much! :p
I recall Kiciński mentioning that this new game won't be a port of existing game on one of the conferences. Maybe I will rewatch all the Q&A from previous years and try to collect all the info that they let slip about it.

We'll know in a week!
I can see why they said this will be one of their most important E3s.

Of the potential announcements we might see....
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date/window + Collector's Edition
  • The Witcher 3 on Switch
  • A brief teaser for this "other AAA RPG by 2021"
Pretty meaty show if they tick these boxes. If they don't, that's fine, too. But it all seems pretty reasonable.

Pretty meaty show if they tick these boxes. If they don't, that's fine, too. But it all seems pretty reasonable.
I was thinking exactly this. They'll have more to announce here than any previous E3.

and thats just the core of it they probably have a few other cool surprises for us

Maybe I will rewatch all the Q&A from previous years and try to collect all the info that they let slip about it.
I looked through some past conferences and interviews. That's all I gathered about this second project.

- the plan for the second AAA RPG game was announced in March 2016

- in 2017 Konrad Tomaszkiewicz mentioned that outside of Cyberpunk, he's working on another project for CDPR and since he wasn't involved in Gwent or Thronebreaker, we can safely assume it was this project (or Witcher 3 on Switch, if it's really coming out relatively soon)

- in early 2018 they mentioned that they already know what it's going to be

- also in 2018 in one interview and again during the chat with the investors Kiciński strongly implied it's not going to be a new IP, since he said that they own only two brands, The Witcher and Cyberpunk, and those are the foundation of their future as the company

- in 2019 they revealed that the game is already in early development and being made by a team magnitude smaller then Cyberpunk team. It's not going to be a port or conversion, but a completely new thing. On top of that, it's going to be a smaller production in scale then Witcher 3 or Cyberpunk, which won't require as many developers or as much resources, though they also indicated that after Cyberpunk is done, they will be able to switch the development team to a new project with relative ease. In other words, it seems like they already doing preproduction and early works on the project with a smaller team, then they will give it to Cyberpunk team to finish it up, similarly to how they did it with Blood and Wine.

Also I misremembered one thing. Kiciński didn't straight up deny Cyberpunk 2077 to Switch, he just said that right now they are focusing on a strongest platforms currently available on the market, so they can't discuss any other potential platforms that Cyberpunk might come out to. He also dropped another hint about being interested in Switch, when during recent chat with the investors he was asked about what he thinks of Switch and if they have plans to release something for it, to which he only responded "Switch is awesome!", while seemingly ignoring second part of the question.

Don't forget Geralt being announced as a fighter in Super Smash Bros:p.

Figuring out what will be at E3 and when, is just about the most confusing and frustrating search for information I've done in about a decade.

Can someone just tell me at what day and what hour they're going to broadcast the Cyberpunk 2077 stuff so I can shove it into my eyesockets?

Figuring out what will be at E3 and when, is just about the most confusing and frustrating search for information I've done in about a decade.

Can someone just tell me at what day and what hour they're going to broadcast the Cyberpunk 2077 stuff so I can shove it into my eyesockets?
MS conference is tomorrow at 22:00 CEST, then the E3 coliseum on tuesday at 19 CEST. Don't know your timezone, check for yourself.

No worries. CEST is my current timezone.

So that's randomly around that conference and that... coliseum? Why two different places?

I've never watched an E3 before and this is kinda confusing. No wonder Sony backed out. Might just skip the thing and wait for others to just give me the jest of the whole kit and kaboodle.

No worries. CEST is my current timezone.

So that's randomly around that conference and that... coliseum? Why two different places?

I've never watched an E3 before and this is kinda confusing. No wonder Sony backed out. Might just skip the thing and wait for others to just give me the jest of the whole kit and kaboodle.
it's impossible to know a precise moment. MS conference will last from 22 to midnight, for the coliseum, no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom