Medical Problems - new mod is available!

+

Guest 2005166

"Deception" -- is voice-acted, and the people who made that adventure had a large team. (I think they may have had some funding, as well.) I have no funding, and no team.
To put this right, I think I should explain, that we casted the voice actors for the "Deception" from our teams friends/collegues/girlfriends etc.By chance, some guy had a rather "geraltic" voice, but I´m not sure anymore, if we had one or two guys who did the lines for Geralt.Concerning funding: the team tried to get one, but not for "Deception" - the latter was more a "showcase" and also our way to learn the editor - although the more complicated part was to import new objects, like the test terrain. I at least can state, I don't know there ever was a funding, we just had our support from the devs concerning technical questions.
I know CDPR releases patches. I thought the mods added to the patch were voice acted.
Definitely true, the "premium" modules come with VOs when you update to EE.
Yes, I've noticed it today when the butcher in Trade Quarter started sweeping the ground with the broom came from said pocket :)
I always got my lawn mower ready when my day/night cycle changes! And I pull it out of my... yeee... you don't wanna know. Hmm, I just wonder right now, how this' solved in other RPGS? Cheerio!

Corylea I finally finished Medical Problems and it was GREAT! Brown hair-white roots... HAHAHAHAHA!I was looking forward to playing it much sooner but I got a little sidetracked playing Witcher all over again after my own hardware adventure. =PI simply loved it... loved it.*hugs*

Flitters said:
I was looking forward to playing it much sooner but I got a little sidetracked playing Witcher all over again after my own hardware adventure. =P
Getting sidetracked into playing The Witcher all over again is easy to do. I was testing a mod recently and had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to be testing; I kept just falling into the game. :)
Flitters said:
Corylea I finally finished Medical Problems and it was GREAT! Brown hair-white roots... HAHAHAHAHA!I simply loved it... loved it.*hugs*
That makes me so happy! I'm thrilled to hear that you liked it so much!Thanks for making my day.

Corylea said:
Getting sidetracked into playing The Witcher all over again is easy to do. I was testing a mod recently and had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to be testing; I kept just falling into the game. :)That makes me so happy! I'm thrilled to hear that you liked it so much!Thanks for making my day.
Absolutely easy to fall into. It was fun and a chuckle-fest in the tavern. I'll have to add it to Mom's game now. I think she has a thing for Geralt. Good thing Dad doesn't play, unless Geralt decides to go 'fishin' I should say. LOLWere you by chance "testing" the 2nd installment of medical problems? =D

Flitters said:
Flitters said:
Getting sidetracked into playing The Witcher all over again is easy to do. I was testing a mod recently and had to keep reminding myself that I was supposed to be testing; I kept just falling into the game. :)
Absolutely easy to fall into. It was fun and a chuckle-fest in the tavern. I'll have to add it to Mom's game now. I think she has a thing for Geralt.
That's cool that your mother plays! MY mother won't even play "Medical Problems;" she says that she tried one computer game in the past ("The Sims") and didn't like it. Yeah, Mom, but your daughter didn't write "The Sims"! You'd think it'd be different, you know?
Were you by chance "testing" the 2nd installment of medical problems? =D
I couldn't be playing the main game if I were testing MP2; that doesn't work. I was trying to answer a request for a "pet mod" for The Witcher, even though I think being alone is part of who Geralt IS. Then e-ahmet suggested that the pet could be a white wolf, which sounded plausible enough for me to try to make one. It didn't turn out great, but it turned out okay, well enough that I was willing to post it, so now Geralt can have a companion wolf if he wants one.But yes, I AM working on MP2. Making a new adventure takes a long time, though; I think it'll be four months or more before I'm ready to release MP2. Thanks for the interest, though; I enjoy knowing that MP2 will have an audience!

Corylea said:
But yes, I AM working on MP2. Making a new adventure takes a long time, though; I think it'll be four months or more before I'm ready to release MP2. Thanks for the interest, though; I enjoy knowing that MP2 will have an audience!
On that note, I am curious. What way did you find to start MP2 on a location depending on the outcome of MP1?Because I never found any autosaves anywhere near the end of MP1, and the one savegame is mid-adventure. :p

rangarkash said:
On that note, I am curious. What way did you find to start MP2 on a location depending on the outcome of MP1?
I can write elementary scripts and do simple recolors and stuff like that, but writing dialogue is probably what I'm best at, so when in doubt, I handle something through conversation. :)SPOILERS BELOW. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED "MEDICAL PROBLEMS"So, how could one handle this via conversation? Here's a sneak preview of the beginning of MP2. This conversation is supposed remind the player of the story so far, as well as place the player at the right starting point:When the game opens, Geralt is in the Hairy Bear. Dandelion walks up to Geralt's table and starts a conversation with him:Dandelion: Wait till you hear my new song!Geralt: As long as it's not about me.D: Of course it's about you; all my best songs are about either you or love, and I've been unlucky in love lately.G: How badly have you mangled the facts this time?D: Well, you be the judge. "Heroic Geralt boldly strode" "To the famous dye-makers' abode." "There he slew a score of ghouls"G: Stop. There was only one ghoul in all of Riverford.D: You only slew one ghoul?G: [Player choice:] 1. Yes. And I didn't actually want to. 2. No. I let him live.D: People don't have to know that.G: Remember we have a deal? You get your facts straight, and I don't punch your face in for writing about me.D: How hard would you have to punch me for three ghouls?G: Dandelion!D: Okay, okay. *ahem* Where was I?G: Somewhere near the FACTS, I hope.D: All right, let me nail down these oh-so-important facts, then.G: *grumble*D: You got ingredients for a medicine that helped a bunch of poor, downtrodden, down-on-their-luck villagers.G: Actually, the villagers were pretty well off, aside from being sick.D: *sigh* And then you discovered that a fanatical member of the Church of the Flaming Rose was poisoning Riverford's well, correct?G: Yes.D: And you slew HIM, yes?G: I did.D: And then a messenger from Lambert came dashing in, telling you that you were needed at Kaer Morhen at once, because the other witchers were gravely ill?G: Only Vesemir and Eskel were ill, but yes.D: And then what happened?G: [Player choice:] 1. Shani and I got there quickly. 2. Shani and I didn't get there until Lambert had also fallen ill. 3. A band of the enemy's henchman captured me and thew me in a cell.[If #1 or #2]D: Continue on from there in detail, won't you?G: *sigh*D: Keep going! [Kaer Morhen area loads; Player starts game at Kaer Morhen][If #3] D: All right, tell me how you valiantly slew them all and escaped.G: That's not exactly how it happened.... [Cell area loads; Player starts game in cell.]

Ah, I had a feeling it would be something of the sort. :)Takes me back to my days making lousy adventures for Neverwinter Nights... :pI'll have to try to make an adventure one of these days. When I'm not so overworked with University stuff.

rangarkash said:
Takes me back to my days making lousy adventures for Neverwinter Nights... :p
Oh.I'm sorry it reminds you of lousy Neverwinter Nights adventures. I thought it was kinda cute, but then, I've never played any lousy NWN adventures. (I didn't know that player-made adventures -- or any other mods for games -- even existed when I played NWN.)

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Takes me back to my days making lousy adventures for Neverwinter Nights... :p
Oh.I'm sorry it reminds you of lousy Neverwinter Nights adventures. I thought it was kinda cute, but then, I've never played any lousy NWN adventures. (I didn't know that player-made adventures -- or any other mods for games -- even existed when I played NWN.)
I was criticizing my lack of ability, not your implementation decision.For instance, I never managed a coherent storyline with a proper ending (and sequel), which you have. I never managed to do anything interesting with game models, which you have. And I was working with what looks at first sight like a much easier modding tool, while you made an adventure many times better with a many times harder tool. I did, however, enjoy playing around with it, and since NWN and TW are two of the three RPGs I ever had the patience to finish (the other being FF8), the "urge" to make awful messes in adventure editors is returning. That's what I meant. My apologies if it sounded like I was making an offensive remark.

Corylea said:
That's cool that your mother plays! MY mother won't even play "Medical Problems;" she says that she tried one computer game in the past ("The Sims") and didn't like it. Yeah, Mom, but your daughter didn't write "The Sims"! You'd think it'd be different, you know?
Ya, I think I'm lucky too. But my Dad has issues as we (brothers and myself) grew up on a farm, I thought it would be great to get dad the Sim Farm game since he's computer savy as well BUT he hated it saying he had much more fun on a REAL tractor and got some actual stuff done vs virtual. LOL

Guest 2005166

Flitters said:
Flitters said:
Ya, I think I'm lucky too. But my Dad has issues as we (brothers and myself) grew up on a farm, I thought it would be great to get dad the Sim Farm game since he's computer savy as well BUT he hated it saying he had much more fun on a REAL tractor and got some actual stuff done vs virtual. LOL
Honestly, I think in that case, I'd also drive the real tractor. My mother once tried "Zoo Tycoon" and the result was, after she had built everything so nicely, the game got boring and she released the lions. X,x' She returned to Solitair afterwards, as it was such a drag to get it all running with that "Zoo" game. I wonder what she'd do in a RPG. Prolly there would be never any fighting, because she'd talk till the opponent would commit suicide.

rangarkash said:
I did, however, enjoy playing around with it, and since NWN and TW are two of the three RPGs I ever had the patience to finish (the other being FF8), the "urge" to make awful messes in adventure editors is returning.
Making games is the best game ever! You should definitely work on a new adventure. And I don't know that I believe you about how terrible the results were; people are often most critical of their own efforts. The field of new adventures for The Witcher is not all that crowded; anything that isn't truly terrible is likely to be welcomed with open arms.

Guest 2005166

rangarkash said:
I did, however, enjoy playing around with it, and since NWN and TW are two of the three RPGs I ever had the patience to finish (the other being FF8), the "urge" to make awful messes in adventure editors is returning. That's what I meant. My apologies if it sounded like I was making an offensive remark.
Here! Here! I'm lousy too and look for a script 'n story buddy, who helps to mess it even more up! XD

Well, I so happen to be experimenting with a few ideas. The editor is indeed more complex than the original Aurora toolset. It's also allows for more interesting things. :)Unkreativ: do you have any ideas that you want to share? I warn you, though. Most of my ideas come at random times for no logical reason, and are often unpolished to the point of unusable. And, I'm planning to work on my own adventure for the moment. Not that I won't mind doing some work with you if the adventure you have in mind sounds interesting, mind you. Just saying that I don't guarantee anything.

I 'm not sure i remember all things right now, but i think that there is no merchant. And this is because you don't really need one. If i am wrong, and there is a merchant, please, someone correct me.

dlevere said:
Where is the merchant in this adventure?
There isn't one in Riverford. There IS one in the Fir Tree Inn, the inn that's beside the road in the area that's called From the Ferry to the Crypt.Riverford is too small of a town to support a regular merchant, the kind who sells red shawls and bouquets of tulips and that sort of thing. If the villagers need something from the city, they either ask John to pick it up for them the next time he takes the dye to market, or they volunteer to take the dye to market that month themselves. For trading among themselves, though, the villagers of Riverford just use informal barter. If you listen to Elizabeth and Maria talking at lunch, you'll overhear that Elizabeth and Maria have traded chores, such that Elizabeth is doing Maria's turn at fishing, and Maria is doing Elizabeth's washing. Most exchanges of goods among the villagers are like that.There used to be a waitress in the Outside Inn who sold food and drink, but she's down with the mysterious illness, so she's not working at the moment. There's food and drink available for the taking, though; Bert the Innkeeper will tell you to help yourself to all the pork, apples, and beer you want. And if you need strong alcohol for potions, there's a lot of it -- I mean, a LOT of it -- available in the Apple Storage Shed, in the center of the village.
dlevere said:
I was running around with about 20 books and I couldn't get rid of them.
You stole Riverford's entire lending library? You grabbed the books of a bunch of sick villagers? Well, then, you get to haul them around until you leave town. :)

LOL, I was just doing what I usually do, picking up everything that i can find and selling it for orens.

Top Bottom