Medical Problems - new mod is available!

+
Medical Problems - new mod is available!

Shani needs help fighting an epidemic of a new, unknown sickness.But what could a monster slayer possibly do about a medical problem?The game has several different possible endings, depending on which choices you make while playing. Three choices* each have consequences, making eight different paths through the game, and which ending you get depends on the combination of choices. Geralt has monsters to kill, human lives to save, a mystery to solve, and witcher contracts to fulfill. There are also some ladies to woo, though all but one of them are optional. :)Play-tester Whisperwind said this about "Medical Problems:" "It's amazing what only one person can do, how full that little village is, and how interesting was that story. Thank You, Corylea, for this amazing adventure!"Play-tester Secondchildren, when asked what she'd tell people about "Medical Problems," said, "A well depicted environment, with a characteristic atmosphere and the taste of magic and myth. A big tragedy in a small community, a thriller, more sexy women and nasty creatures... sounds interesting enough, right?"

For some reason, Eriash chose to quote my self-description on ModDB rather than give you information about "Medical Problems." [Edit: This has been changed now.] :whatthe: :wall: Well, he's a very busy man.But there IS information about "Medical Problems" -- here's what you were supposed to learn about it:
[size=10pt]"Medical Problems," a new, fan-made adventure for The Witcher, is now available![/size]​
Description: Shani needs help fighting an epidemic of a new, unknown sickness. But what could a monster slayer possibly do about a medical problem?The game has several different possible endings, depending on which choices you make while playing. Three choices* each have consequences, making eight different paths through the game, and which ending you get depends on the combination of choices. Geralt has monsters to kill, human lives to save, a mystery to solve, and witcher contracts to fulfill. There are also some ladies to woo, though all but one of them are optional. :)Play-tester Whisperwind said this about "Medical Problems:" "It's amazing what only one person can do, how full that little village is, and how interesting was that story. Thank You, Corylea, for this amazing adventure!"Play-tester Secondchildren, when asked what she'd tell people about "Medical Problems," said, "A well depicted environment, with a characteristic atmosphere and the taste of magic and myth. A big tragedy in a small community, a thriller, more sexy women and nasty creatures... sounds interesting enough, right?"There have been several player's reviews of the game, including one by A.D. fantasta (one of the authors of the excellent adventure "Entrapped"), one by Sayne (a member of the Ifrit team), one by DelightfulMcCoy, and one by Lyonesse.*(Post #2, in the "Medical Problems" Questions, Comments, and Hints thread, talks about which choices have consequences and what those consequences are. A lot of it is under spoiler tags, so you can pick and choose what you want to know.)Features: * 12 quests (only 11 of which can be completed in any one game, since two of them are mutually exclusive) * 45 NPC's, all of which have names and conversations of their own. * 18 explorable areas plus three special areas, with 19 new loading screens * 40 monsters to kill * 6 sex cards to get, including one new one and 5 recolored ones * Many, many recolors of clothes, items, and even some areas * Several new items * Approximately 5 hours of gameplayHow to get it:There are two versions of "Medical Problems" available; choose the one that best suits your needs:1. For everything you need in one file, download the version available from The Official Witcher Website ORThe general modding site ModDB OR The first of the two versions available on the author's website. The version on the official site is the easiest to get; the one on the author's site will be the most consistently updated. a. Download the all-in-one version. b. Unzip the folder. c. Follow the installation instructions. d. Play. 2. For those who are comfortable moving files around on their hard disks, the version available from my website (http://corylea.com/) has the adventure and the movies in two separate files. This should give you somewhat faster loading times. a. Download the no-movies version. b. Download the movie folder. c. Download the main loading screen. d. Unzip the adventure. e. Follow the installation instructions for the adventure. f. Unzip the movies folder. g. Put the movies folder into the folder where your other Witcher movies are. (On many computers, this is at The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\Movies, but the location of the folder varies, depending on whether you installed the EE from a disk or upgraded the original edition to the EE via patch.) In any case, if the folder has files like "cs_sex_abigail1.bik" and "intro.bik" in it, it's the right place. h. Put the ls_load.dds file in The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\Override. (Remember to take this out of your Override folder when you play the main game or another module!) i. Play.How to get help, ask questions, and make comments:"Medical Problems" comes with four text files:1. An installation manual2. A hint sheet3. A list of cool things to be sure to see4. A walkthroughWalkthroughs take half of the fun out of a game, so it's only there in case of a playing "emergency." :D If you get stuck or have a question that isn't covered in the installation manual or the hint sheet, ask it in the "Medical Problems" Questions, Comments, and Hints thread, and I'll answer you.Oh, and if you think you can make a better adventure for The Witcher than "Medical Problems," please do! :)Credits:"Medical Problems" is copyright 2010 by Cory Lea Kerens. Everything that wasn't made by CDPR was made by me, with these exceptions:1. Heartfelt thanks to Unkreativ for the Shani sex picture.2. Thanks to RedFlame Interactive for the placeable trees.3. Thanks to Felldude for the wonderful new Shani texture.4. Thanks to the authors of the Djinni wiki -- especially RedFlame Interactive -- for a few of the script lines.5. Thanks to 56236 for Trughbull's brains joke.6. Thanks to http://resources.bravenet.com for the crowd cheering sound.

Forum veteran
Corylea said:
Credits:"Medical Problems" is copyright 2010 by Cory Lea Kerens. Everything that wasn't made by CDPR was made by me, with these exceptions:...5. Thanks to 56236 for Trughbull's brains joke.
I'm in the Credits! Hoooraay, Oink Oink
I had my suspicions :whistle: But, it's simply amazing how much detail went into the description here. Have yet tofinish the mod so I don't know if there are actual Credits, but I thank you for the effort not only in the mod but itsdisection/analysis including description, features and even gameplay-guiding under spoilers. Thank You :peace:
Corylea said:
... waiting for the second act ;D
That reminds me... with all this color around, I'm thinking more towards Pink if 'ya know what I mean...
So, get those weird monkey-like critters outta there and bring on the Pigs

56236 said:
56236 said:
Credits:"Medical Problems" is copyright 2010 by Cory Lea Kerens. Everything that wasn't made by CDPR was made by me, with these exceptions:...5. Thanks to 56236 for Trughbull's brains joke.
I'm in the Credits! Hoooraay, Oink Oink
I had my suspicions :whistle: But, it's simply amazing how much detail went into the description here. Have yet tofinish the mod so I don't know if there are actual Credits, but I thank you for the effort not only in the mod but itsdisection/analysis including description, features and even gameplay-guiding under spoilers. Thank You :peace:
Totally agree :beer:And I love pink too (if you know what I mean) 8)

Blackwood said:
no matter the description/s, it's a good fan-made-adventure :)
Thank you, I'm really glad that you liked it!
waiting for the second act ;D
Chapter One took ten months to make. Chapter Two should take less time, since I don't have to learn Djinni this time around. Making one of these things is a huge amount of work, though, so it'll still be a few months. Four months? Six months? Before The Witcher 2, I hope! ;)
Blackwood said:
That reminds me... with all this color around, I'm thinking more towards Pink if 'ya know what I mean... So, get those weird monkey-like critters outta there and bring on the Pigs
Well, Swiney, just for you, the abomination that is pink monkey-dogs :p:
May Melitele have mercy on my soul. :whatthe:

Corylea said:
Chapter One took ten months to make. Chapter Two should take less time, since I don't have to learn Djinni this time around. Making one of these things is a huge amount of work, though, so it'll still be a few months. Four months? Six months? Before The Witcher 2, I hope! ;)
Are you going to compete with TW2 -Assassins of kings? ;)

Forum veteran
Corylea said:
Well, Swiney, just for you, the abomination that is pink monkey-dogs :p:
Aww... too sweet
Now that's something worthy to be in a color mod
I think this is the most Smilie Icons I've ever used... But this Pink-ling deserves it :peace:

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Are you going to compete with TW2 -Assassins of kings? ;)
"Compete with"? :whatthe: COMPETE with? :eek: :dead: Petra, when did I convince you I was a total and complete idiot?My intention is to complete Chapter Two and get out of the way, before the fabulous wonder that is TW2 comes along!

I've added your mod to the modding section of the wiki: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Medical_Problemscheers!

YAY!!How fab is that... (statement not question :p ) Now I need to reinstall my goodies (Witcher) after a catastrophic hardware failure. I hate when that happens.HUGS Corylea!Off to the Dr I gooooooooooooooooooo..... :peace:

When I start the game I get a popup that says the save files are missing or corrupt and it wont play. I hope my download isn't corrupt because it took a long time. I have all the other mods and never seen this before. No clue.

wizgeorge said:
When I start the game I get a popup that says the save files are missing or corrupt and it wont play. I hope my download isn't corrupt because it took a long time. I have all the other mods and never seen this before. No clue.
2500 people have downloaded the file, and you're the first to report this, so it's not a problem with the master file. There are three possibilities:1) Your download is corrupted.2) You forgot to unzip it.3) You put the file in the wrong place.Double-check on #2 and #3, and if those are both right, then you'll need to re-download.

The game and all the other mods work just fine. All save just fine.so it appears I have a corrupt download. I'm somewhat of a modder myself and I love to manipulate game files. I'll try again until it's right.

Tried again. Deleted everything and re-downloaded. The first download was from FileFront and the 2nd from ModDB#6. Installed and extracted and still wont play. I've installed and played everything Witcher since it came out. The saves from EE, Price of Neutrality, Decits, Quiet, all work fine. Select new adventure, Medical Problems,easy,mouse/ keyboard and the message the saved game files are missing or corrupt. My current game is 1.5/Directorscut and it works fine. The savegame feature for the game and the other mods works fine. Unless something is corrupt in the download I have no clue.

wizgeorge said:
Tried again. Deleted everything and re-downloaded. The first download was from FileFront
I haven't put anything on FileFront, so I have no idea what's there. Get it from my website: http://corylea.com/

Well, 4 downloads, including your site. All the files are there but still wont load. The save/autosave/F5 files are part of the basic game, unless they have to be included in any mod, but it works fine for others so they must be there. Four corrupt downloads from 4 different sites is unusal. I just don't see the connection with that message and the mod when everything else works.FileFront is a mirror site at ModDB, it's the first one at the top.The mod sounds really interesting and i'd like to play it, but right now I have no clue.

Please excuse me if i'm being a pita, but i'm the curious type. My name is George, like in curious. I do a lot file editing in my games and it frustrates me when things don't work and I don't know why. I just don't see the connection between the mod and the the message. It just doesn't compute. Of course, I don't compute so well either.

wizgeorge said:
Please excuse me if i'm being a pita, but i'm the curious type. My name is George, like in curious. I do a lot file editing in my games and it frustrates me when things don't work and I don't know why. I just don't see the connection between the mod and the the message. It just doesn't compute. Of course, I don't compute so well either.
Well, that makes two of us, because I have no idea why you're getting that message, either. ;) "Medical Problems" doesn't need any saved games, doesn't look at any saved games, basically has nothing to do with your saved games! So there's no Medical Problems-related reason why you should get an error message that talks about saved games.I've never gotten that message, none of my play-testers has ever gotten that message, and no one else has reported this problem. So I'm guessing the problem is on your end somewhere, possibly a clash between mods. "Medical Problems" was made with the regular Witcher game. Enhanced Edition, yes, Patch 1.5, yes, but without Full Combat Rebalance or Roxtar's texture mods or any of the other popular mods. I don't know how well "Medical Problems" meshes with those mods; I've never tested it with them.What modifications to the game (not new adventures) are you currently using?What do you have in your Override folder?Have you tried moving your saved games to another location?If temporarily removing your mods doesn't work, send me a PM with screenshots of the Windows Explorer view of your The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data folder, your Shared Documents\The Witcher folder and your The Witcher\saves folder, and we'll work on it.

Un-installed and deleted everything and started from scratch. I have the retail EE and that's it. Installed Medical Problems and it works fine. Pretty much enjoying it too. Damn computers!I really apprecicate your help and concern. What caused or generated the message we'll never know, but at least now I can play the mod. Pretty nice mod I might add. Thank you so much.

Top Bottom