"Meet Hanako at Embers"

+
So when I reached this point in the game I got told that I couldn't do any more side missions if I continued so I thought that I'd save it for later, I then did all the side missions I wanted and when I went back the mission doesn't want to start. The two men just stand there not saying anything and the elevator is disabled. This means that I can't progress the story, I have tried loading up old save files and gone back to it still doesn't work. I've tried doing other things as well as doing more missions etc but nothing works. I have tried looking for this game breaker all over but I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem.
Need help please.
Post automatically merged:

cyber.jpg

Last edited:
So when I reached this point in the game I got told that I couldn't do any more side missions if I continued so I thought that I'd save it for later, I then did all the side missions I wanted and when I went back the mission doesn't want to start. The two men just stand there not saying anything and the elevator is disabled. This means that I can't progress the story, I have tried loading up old save files and gone back to it still doesn't work. I've tried doing other things as well as doing more missions etc but nothing works. I have tried looking for this game breaker all over but I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem.
Need help please.

View attachment 11087582
Same issue here cannot progress story at all.

just got this issue to pop up for me as well, quite annoying since i finished all the side gigs and ncpd missions because of the warning. i've tried reloading, re verifying game files, and trying on a previous save as well, nothing seems to work.

i sat in front of the dude and was saveloading out of frustration, after like 2 min i clipped through him and got into the elevator.

hope this works for someone else and wasn't just a one off fluke.

Last edited:
i have the same issue soooo infurating!

EDIT: ok so i did what shiventus said and save right up against the guard and it let me slide through after loading but wow this is some bullshit.

Need help please.

View attachment 11087582
That sounds pretty gamebreaking, more than likely will be patch up.

Still broken in new patch.
Yeah I still have a quest I cant turn in right now as well. I actually turned in the mcguffin but it's still saying to pick it up. I was able to finally finish the ritual cyberpsycho gig though.

This is also my current status. No matter how many reloads I try, they never move, never speak, and the quest never progresses. Guess I'm stuck here until they fix it.

Also stuck here. The elevator door is open but the controls are off, so no progressing the story. I do have an earlier point of no return save where it's working correctly from the first time I approached the elevator, but it's 20 hours back.

in front of the dude and was saveloading out of frustration, after like 2 min i clipped through him and got into the elevator.

hope this works for someone else and wasn't just a one off fluke.

Hey, could you be a bit more specific what you did? I had hoped the new patch would fix it but it did not.

EDIT: ok so i did what shiventus said and save right up against the guard and it let me slide through after loading but wow this is some bullshit.

Hey, could you be a bit more specific what you did?

Last edited:
Hey, could you be a bit more specific what you did? I had hoped the new patch would fix it but it did not.

Hey, could you be a bit more specific what you did?

Sure, ok just get right up against the guard in front of the elevator, like as close to him and the invisble wall gap to the elevator as possible and cruch down, save your game, reload the save and as soon as it loads in start trying to move through he gap, you should just clip/slide past him into the elevator and be able to progress the quest. Also you don't have to save crouched down, just go into crouch as soon as you load in because I couldn't get past him standing up when I tried.

Sure, ok just get right up against the guard in front of the elevator, like as close to him and the invisble wall gap to the elevator as possible and cruch down, save your game, reload the save and as soon as it loads in start trying to move through he gap, you should just clip/slide past him into the elevator and be able to progress the quest. Also you don't have to save crouched down, just go into crouch as soon as you load in because I couldn't get past him standing up when I tried.

it doesnt work, because the elevator is not open A.K.A Disabled. check this video

Ok but the thing is that I don't have a invisible wall except the elevator doors, I can press my nose against the elevator doors without issues...
I recorded what happen when I try doing the save/load things:

I might have misunderstood you or something.

Ok but the thing is that I don't have a invisible wall except the elevator doors, I can press my nose against the elevator doors without issues...

huh ok the elevator door is open in my game so that is totally differnet, sorry i'm not sure what to do in that situation.

same problem bro, i dont know what to do lmao.

Yup still broken in the new patch also clipping past the guards doesn't work nearly as easily now, thought I wasn't even able to to do so anymore, eventually still managed but they load in alot faster now and had to try it from a different angle.

Have the same issue on Xbox, will try the save/clipping workaround and report back

edit: save+clip helps, finished the main storyline

Last edited:
Latest update (v1.06) still didn't fix this bug... I'm starting to think that I'll never get to finish this game...

Top Bottom