[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+

Attachments

• 25053354.jpg
    25053354.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 92
I am not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but I think the problem would be partly resolved if after the end of the MQ Geralt would end up not in the Witcher castle - with no-one else present - but in Novigrad harbour. The political and military situation would not likely have changed substantially so quickly after the end of the MQ, so in terms of continuity this ought not to be too much of a problem. Geralt would simply have returned from Skellige, Ciri assumedly still recuperating with Ermion/Triss/Yennefer (if she survived, that is).

sv3672;n2931293 said:
I just finished my first playthrough of the entire trilogy in sequence having finished 1 and 2 in December 15' and March 16' respectively. I cannot believe after all that Geralt is dumped in Kaer Morhen on his own with none of the characters you spend literally hundreds of hours with in existence.

And here I thought I was alone in the empty castle because I romanced both Triss and Yen!
Did you guys choose one of them?'

This is hilarious, looks like my choice is the most immersive choice after all, very fitting life of a lonely Geralt!

Just save before the end of the game when everyone is around and/or on the boat. Do Hearts of Stone before you finish the last quest of the main story, then finish the main game. Then do B&W as it takes place (apparently) 3 years after the end of the main game. Then go ahead and settle down with Yen or Ciri or whoever you have and there, atleast you got the woman in Geralts life lol... or the daughter (Tho I believe Ciri said she would leave after a while, tho she won't leave in game just in the lore.)

What is suggested in this thread would have been nice. The world does indeed feel pretty empty after the main quest ends, without the main characters to talk to and without the world really being at all responsive to what ending you got.

But I get it. You only have so much time and resources to use in creating the game. Realistically, in order to add any endgame content, they'd have to have shifted resources away from something else. Yes, some people may have preferred losing some other content in order to get a more satisfying endgame state. But it does seem a bit counterintuitive to spend lots of time on content that, by definition, comes after the player has finished the game, not least of which because the vast majority of players would not bother experiencing it.

If I had to guess, I'd say that CDPR probably didn't consider a detailed endgame state worth the resources it would require. In that case, there would be two options: (1) have no endgame state at all and simply have the game go straight to the main menu after the credits, or (2) do something like what they actually did.

Realistically, option (2) is probably preferable. It's an open-world game and players may well have not finished certain quests before finishing the main quest. So you don't want to lock them out of experiencing that content simply because they chose to do the main story first. What CDPR did was basically allow people to finish off things they hadn't yet done, while not shifting tons of resources onto creating a detailed endgame state. It might not be a decision one agrees with, but I think it's defensible.

In any event, in my mind, I think of the endgame as actually happening prior to the end of the main quest. In other words, I like to think of it as a "Oh yeah, and Geralt did these other things before defeating the Wild Hunt as well."

The state of the world after the end of the story line

I think, many people have decided to continue playing the game after completing the story line.
I am among these people. During my vacation time I tried to complete the story line and as many quests as I could, completing everything in 79 hours. I can't say anything's wrong about the story line. In mine - Ciri became the princess of Nilfgaard (the best ending to my mind), Radovid is 6 feet under, Temeria has restored status quo, Yenn is living together with Geralt and so on.
And that's where the huge disappointment came.
I hoped that after completing the story line I could spend a couple of hours on weekend just enjoying the scenery, cruising around and completing whatever quests are left.
You can imagine my surprise when I found myself in a totally empty castle (Kaer Morhen)
At first I thought that I'm supposed to look around and Yennifer should be around.
I was not looking for some new quests, which may be connected with her, but for here mere presence, because it was clearly stated after the game that after defeating the Wild Hunt they have not parted with Geralt (Yenn is neither in the castle nor anywhere in the world).
A checked the map and saw a symbol of Alchemy supplier. He was somewhere near the castle.
I tried to go to him, but all the doors I tried were locked. The solution was simple - I just jumped off a castle wall and ran to the location where I've seen the marker. I was ready for anything - for Yenn waiting for me there, some secret merchant, but there was Keira Metz! She was just staring in front of her, not moving for a whole day (at the spot where funeral pyre used to be). You can trade with her or ask everything you've asked in the story line.
Ok, it's a bug. I submitted a request to support.
This is what I got back:
<Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. This is not a bug - this is as designed.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,
Grzegorz Arwar>
Guys! Are you serious? Yenn is gone and Keira is staring at the scenery because it's your plan?
That's a shitty plan. But honestly I was not surprised, because it's the same response I got for my troubles with FPS in menu (fixed in patch 1.05)
Then I moved to Novigrad, they're still having "Best Non-Human BBQ" feast.
How's so? Radovid has kicked the bucket, but people are still going crazy? Is it a habit now?
I moved to the White Orchard. As I've expected, everything stayed the same there. Nilfs everywhere, Temeria is beyond the law and Nilfgaard's nobility together with soldiers and two guys, breaking Temerian lilies with their pickaxes are still in the Temerian castle.
To complete, I'd like to say that the impression of the game was badly spoiled.
There's nothing wrong with the story line, but the world after it is totally identical to what it used to be. But taking into consideration that winter has passed, it must have been a whole year.
What I want.
We need as many people as possible to vote in this topic (thread was merged, thanks Dragonbird) and then the whole crowd (or at least, the majority) should send their disapproval to the developers, asking to read this topic and fix the issues. And that's a matter of principle, as I think. For me, as an admirer of both games and book series this is a serious drawback and after completing the story line The Witcher 3 is absolutely unplayable. I tried to complete a couple of quests, but with that paradoxical an illogical world it's no fun.
Its so you can buy alchemy ingredients to finish potions etc you havent complete. Plus I was happy to see her at least with everyone else gone. It did feel lonely.

Wow, what a topic. Imo, finding some characters in free roam is fun too. There is an enchanced companion mod in pc. Only thing i like about it is; Spawns Gaetan, Letho, Lambert and Eskel in Kaer Morhen. Its so cool.

Top Bottom