[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Do you relly think they answer so fast the only need to know that we want it

No developer answer to this kind of request right away i may take months to this request to be completed it will take time that have other stuff to do as well

!It will take some time!

Did bioware answer directly about Mass effect 3 ending.. no it took a lot of time "years" before they announced Mass effect 4 at E3 (2014)

Last edited:
Do you relly think they answer so fast the only need to know that we want it

No developer answer to this kind of request right away i may take months to this request to be completed it will take time that have other stuff to do as well

!It will take some time!

Did bioware answer directly about Mass effect 3 ending.. no it took a lot of time "years" before they announced Mass effect 4 at E3 (2014)
There is much differens between bioware and CDPr.
bioware focused on thereselfs and CDPR on fans.
thats why we all are hoping for answer of CDPR =)

Not only the world became lonely and dead , the enemies from leftover sidequests/contracts all became too wik. The mainstory gives huge exp and Geralt levels up fast, I think I started at level 21 or 24 when decided to finish mainstory and ended up level 34. All quests that I left off became very easy and not fun anymore.

I remember fighting Jenny of the woods for like a good 10+ minutes and it's very challenging, a lot of signs, swordplay, dodging, rolling, dying, loading involved. Even a high level endrega or other enemies I encountered while exploring the world took me some times to beat, now just button mashing and they're dead in a few hits.

They should make it like a Zelda game where basically the gameplay is against AI. Higher levels, weapon damage, higher skills just ruin the fun, unless they scaled up enemies too when Geralt leveled up. What's the point creating a lot of monsters with good AI if bigger numbers destroy it.

I like it better if Geralt had fixed two swords, steel for humans, silver for monsters, and crossbow for its own purpose, no level, just pure against AI. The mechanism of the game is really good actually, but they failed at scaling up level differences, even Death March doesn't help much, I read an insane mode is being considered, a mode where once Geralt dies even the savegame will be deleted, that's overkill imo. I prefer if it's a mode where level/gear durability don't exist, just pure adventure and fill the world with more monsters/wild animals. Unlock every potion/bombs/diagram/all skills etc and let us go wild in insane combat against AI with a lot of monsters without getting distracted by the need to fix gears/weight limit/etc.

Now I wonder how will the expansions fit in the game later. I love the Witcher 3 universe, but I don't see any point spending much time post ending, let's just hope the expansions will make the witcher 3 world alive. People spent like 1000+ hours with Skyrim, maybe it's because of mod ? I hope mod will change TW3 and make it alive if that's the case with Skyrim.

Oh and about the world state post ending, it breaks the immersion with a text saying we can continue exploration but the world state is put as before chapter 3, even if the game has a lot of world states, they could just tie every state with a touch in the real world state, like they did with a narrative, but instead of just a narrative, materialize them in the Witcher 3 universe.

For example, we know Ciri has like 3 states or cmiiw, died, become a witcher, or follow Emhyr, if Ciri is dead then make a tomb we can visit, if Ciri ended up as a witcher, give a quest where Geralt can team up with Ciri or let her stay somewhere, if Ciri became nilfgaardian let Geralt visit her in Vizima.

About Yennefer/Triss, if we can't get them both but we did it anyway in the playthrough, give us a chance to choose post ending. If ended up with either one, then put them anywhere in the world as they see fit.

As for various characters mentioned in the narrative they can also do it so, if Temeria became vassal of nilfgaard, make Roche rules and give him Oxenfurt if Radovid is dead, or Dijkstra if we chose to side with him, then change the soldiers costume. And so on with other minor world/character state. That will make the game still worth playing post ending. Then fill the quest Something ends, Something begins with things like : visit Ciri, visit Triss, visit Yennefer, talk to people in Oxenfurt, visit Lambert, visit Eskel, etc etc.

It won't be that hard for people like them making changes like that. They're crazy with details why not go all out and give us details. Just my 2 cents anyway, what's done is done, it's just a rant but it needs to be said.

If they decided to make a DLC for expanding Endings with something called ENDING RELOADED DLC or anything like that, damn, that'd complete this game and this game will be much more memorable even after years of its time. Best of the best of the best of the best game ever created.

I created a forum ID just to post this comment, I was just that inspired... To start, I have total respect for CDPR, how they put out AAA quality but still feel as connected to us like a small indie, I feel they give a crap and I'm a fan for life because of it (looking forward to CP2077).

Like many, once the story ended and I was put back into the world, I felt a huge gaping hole as my connection to the world felt suddenly amputated.

I have many secondary/contracts/treasures left to do, as I was so wrapped up in the main story I just couldn't' walk away. However I find myself not wanting to load W3 up again because of the huge loss of connection to the game world. Perhaps CDPR has surprises in store for us with DLC and expansions... I HOPE beyond hope that these will address what so many have brought up. Eg. In my story there was dialogue between Yen and Geralt mentioning running away to a cottage and how nice that would be... After meeting Ciri at the end in the Inn, it would have been amazing to have another last "quest" to go to the cottage somewhere in the world to have Yen waiting (or Triss if that was your story)...Even if she has to leave to take care of business somewhere (future DLC/expansion set up?) it would have been nice to say goodbye in the proper way much like we got the chance to with Ciri (if your ending took you there). Since this is retirement/the last of Geralt's story, the "end" felt a bit hollow (beyond a true and nice goodbye to Ciri) and many of the people who were main story characters in the series just kinda vanished.

Help me end my journey CDPR.

Last edited:
Just finished the game.
I was searching for Triss, Ciri and the other...I felt so alone.
The game restarted in Kaer Mohen and there was written that everything would have been like it was before the last chapter.

You can choose to answer "We will live togheter blablabla" during the story (at least with Triss).
What's the purpose of letting us choose that? It is immersion breaking.

Now, how hard could have been to give us an house with Triss/Jenn?
Even a couple of trunks to store our things?

Don't get me wrong, I totally LOVED the game, and it is probably the best I've played in years. But I didn't really liked this much.
Please, think about it CDPR.

Let's not forget that CDPR said this year and next year belong to The Witcher 3, I hope they reconsider our feedback and do something about post ending situation. I bet most if not all of the people who finished the game will feel the same. I hope they won't stop with just 2 Expansions and keep surprising us. If they can make The Witcher 3 in 2 years, imagine what they can do in another 1.5 years with all the assets already available. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

:ice:

Let's not forget that CDPR said this year and next year belong to The Witcher 3, I hope they reconsider our feedback and do something about post ending situation. I bet most if not all of the people who finished the game will feel the same. I hope they won't stop with just 2 Expansions and keep surprising us. If they can make The Witcher 3 in 2 years, imagine what they can do in another 1.5 years with all the assets already available. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

:ice:

I am hoping that they keep pushing out great DLC and free expansions for the game. I can tell you if they keep adding good content I think everyone would keep purchasing it. They have a great platform here... We have given this feedback to make that base platform even better. I see that most people liked the Idea of having the end game literally just after your little epilogue. Which would not cause massive/if-any world changes, apart from a few character placements, etc.

I am also really happy if this is true, that they are still dedicating the next two years are going to still be dedicated to the Witcher. This makes me really enthusiastic for the future of the game and what they are going to do with it. I'm looking forward to what they have in stall for us, and since they have not got back to this post yet, I'm actually thinking they are working on something for this, It would be a really nice revelation if they come out and say they are going to change this and might even be planning some future content for it.

They might do something about it a lot of people are complaining about the "after ending" but i dont think they would not directly respond to this post

I don't care about witcher's contracts or political feuds without the story. It's the people Geralt interacts with, his friends, family, and yes, even those like good 'ol Phil, that makes me give a damn.

Placing Geralt back into a world without them, is like a bad dream where you're alone; it's horrific.

Loved the ending, but simply can't play after main quest completion.

I've just finished my first playthrough and this is exactly how I felt, I have stuff left to do but it'll never get done, I just don't want to play it. I read a post the other day where someone said you should finish all the side quests before you do the final main quest, I wish I'd listened. I think putting you back to just before the final quest would have been a better way to do it, as is it's like a horror movie where you wake up one morning and find everyone you know has suddenly vanished.

I personally will load save before Battle Preparations quest and finish all side quest and then re-do ending. Save after ending and wait for expansion
I just did it. I finished all side quest (maybe i didn't find all (!) on map but i dont care) and re-do ending
And i'm done now. I dont need to play after ending. I'm happy now. Strongly recommend this to you guys.

About: The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.
Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.
Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.
maybe they bring back characters in expansion.

PS funny bug in epilog quest: In White Orchid when you go for sword i used fast travel and check map and that was surprising:
on Skellige in tower i meet Avallac'h who was still doing magic, but no dialogue options with him.
Not far from Tower where in one of last checkpoint you was going with Yen on horses that are still rocks falling from the sky :shock: ....and horses what you ride with Yen are still in place where you left them

Kaer Morhen is still empty (except bugged Kaira - she still can trade with you :D )
I didn't find anyone else.

Lol only bringing back the characters for expansions seems a tad silly, and I'm being nice when I say that just for the sake of keeping the peace

I was completely let down when I realized that no matter who you choose (Yen/Triss) after the ending, it doesn't matter because everyone is gone anyway. If they just would've made it to where Yen was wandering around Kaer Morhen as your wife or whatever. Without any of the other characters, and getting thrown into a world before the ending, the game feels completely pointless. I hope they add the other characters back in with the impact of your choices shown.

I agree. I am generally satisfied with how the game ended but not with how it feels after the ending. The story, in the end, is rather simple; 3 main Ciri endings, 4 with what happens in the world, who rules Skelliege and Geralt's relationship. Since it's pretty simplified, a few dialouges could be added and simple things such as the soldiers banners or speech in the streets changed.When the credits rolled I was thinking "can't wait and see what will the characters say about what happened" Especially Dandelion (which doesn't even feel a factor in this game) and Zoltan. But then, it happened. The slap and shock I got was suprising especially when it is supposed to be a closure, ending to an epic story which I spent hours of hours playing the games and reading about the complex and very interesting world of The Witcher. I was sure it's something wrong with my game, a bug waiting to be fixed. But no, all of my beloved characters which each has a personality and features that makes him unique and not something dull that can simply be ignored are gone andcan't be found, you are a lonely Geralt after an epic journey you dedicated a lot of time to understand and get into, simply outrages. I thought CDPR would put a bit of effort to close the game series (or atleast Geralt's journey) respectfully. That they would atleast get the idea with how Bethesda dealt with what happens in DA:I after the game, the main characters don't just disappear (except for like 1 character because of what happens in the epilogue).Also, the way Bethesda dealt with all of the choices during their games to bring them to the game. Comparing to TW3 with how it deals with the different choices you made during the previous games, the import of saves in this game means absolute 0 it just makes it ridiculous (but that's a story for another topic which I've noticed is also discussed).
It feels so wrong :( A huge world like that with a deep story and well written charactes deserves something better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom