[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Just finished the main story 2nd time and the information window that pops-up after the game spawns you back to the Kaer Morhen says that "everything is as it was before the last chapter". Am I dreaming or did they change that window? I don't remember such sentence from the first time.

I didnt get this on my first playthrough. But seriously?! Pop-up window is not a solution! Cant believe this, I really really hope that this is only temporary solution before something bigger. CDPR please dont dissappoint us.

Just finished the main story 2nd time and the information window that pops-up after the game spawns you back to the Kaer Morhen says that "everything is as it was before the last chapter". Am I dreaming or did they change that window? I don't remember such sentence from the first time.

Nope, the same window appeared for me in my 1st playthrough which I finished almost two weeks ago.

As I've said, that whole post credit gameplay thing is not even half-decently made and should just be cut. Maybe it could come back in the future in a vastly extended form as some kind of DLC but for now it's not on par with the quality and aspiration of the rest of the game.

I don't think that removing things from the game will improve it any. The option is there for people who want it, and people who don't can safely ignore it. Why take it out entirely?

I don't think that removing things from the game will improve it any. The option is there for people who want it, and people who don't can safely ignore it. Why take it out entirely?

Because it serves no purpose at all. You could have the very same result by just reloading a savegame from before the final hours of the main story. Exactly the same thing. So by deleting this you wouldn't even take something out...

The problem with this mode is that it disappoints people because they expect to be able to continue the game with all the choices and outcomes being implemented. CDPR never fully explained that this isn't possible and that this after credit gameplay mode is basically just the same thing like loading an older save game. So obbviously almost nobody is happy with it. Why keeping it? Of course it's good to cut something that nobody likes the way it is. Only high quality material should make its way in the final version. Quality beats quantity all the time...

If they want to improve it they can bring it back later, as I've said. But in its current state it just has no reason to exist if you ask me...

Last edited:
Agree 100%. I said this same thing in another thread. If this is truly the end of Geralts story and the Witcher series such an unsatisfactory ending will not do. There need's to be closure with the last good byes and futures shown/done for all the close characters.

With that being said I do believe keeping the characters IN THE GAME afterwards as well is needed. Adding separate instances for the new homes of Yen/Triss with them being inside waiting for you with some dialog. Many things could be added that I really don't believe would be such a large under taking besides the Political situations which aren't entirely needed, at least for me. I care about these characters, Geralt included, and I don't believe they should've received this type of ending.
I dont thinck its the end of franshiese(game series)
it s very succesfull in economic part and fans love it,so i see no reasons to close this one

Agreed. But that should happen in the epilogues. No need for a free play mode after that.
I'm with Scholdarr on this (and, apparently, quite a few other matters lately - must really be Tedd Deireádh).

If these forums are any indication (my gut tells me they aren't), the topics that are getting a lot of traffic are those requesting better romances (Triss, specifically, I think? Didn't go over that one) and a better post-credits world state. In a situation with limitless resources, I wouldn't have minded. I don't care about these two things, but if others do, what the hell. But, considering there aren't limitless resources, these two things are very low on my fantasy list of things to improve. As such, I honestly - and no offense, guys - don't care if they don't touch the post-credits game.

The next part might come off as a bit obnoxious, and just slightly off-topic, so sorry people - I actually consider the post-credits free roam as an aspect of something bigger in TW3 that I, in the large scheme of things, dislike and in retrospect wish would not have been done at all. The open world. I suspect the energy spent on it and its limitations may have demanded a heavy price from CDPR in the areas that they are the strongest in (or should be). I don't think that's such a stretch. By definition, the main story is over, so post-credits play is solely about side activities and side quests. Side stuff. In a story-drive game, the main stuff for me are the main quests (I think, in a way, this is also why I'm not that looking forward to the expansions at the moment - though that might change in a few months after I've recovered from this ride, which was great despite its problems).

As such, I don't have much sympathy at the moment towards the requests of better post-credits free roam. If in our fantasy discussions here it would come between CDPR spending the time on that or on better Aen Elle, and clarifications (in-game) about all the things they retconned from the books (I don't have a problem with retconning per se, even if I wasn't prepared for it, but they didn't seem to retcon properly), I'd sacrifice the improved free-roam without a blink.

As I've said, that whole post credit gameplay thing is not even half-decently made and should just be cut. Maybe it could come back in the future in a vastly extended form as some kind of DLC but for now it's not on par with the quality and aspiration of the rest of the game.
I would do away with it altogether as well, because in my unkind way, I think a story-driven game should end when it ends. It creates a stronger impact. But since CDPR already inserted post-credits play, they're in a pickle. If they decide to remove it now, I imagine there will be an outcry from many who are having fun with it and don't mind its state. If they keep it, there will be those who wonder why isn't there more effort put into it (even though I took it to just be a player friendly bonus to those who wanna continue roaming regardless).

I would do away with it altogether as well, because in my unkind way, I think a story-driven game should end when it ends. It creates a stronger impact. But since CDPR already inserted post-credits play, they're in a pickle. If they decide to remove it now, I imagine there will be an outcry from many who are having fun with it and don't mind its state. If they keep it, there will be those who wonder why isn't there more effort put into it (even though I took it to just be a player friendly bonus to those who wanna continue roaming regardless).
Maybe it would already help to not let that post credit play starting automatically. The player should be asked whether he wants to continue with a game state that is clearly pre-finale. And of course the whole thing should be communicated earlier in the game, before the main mission. The player should get the information that a "real" post credit play isn't implemented and that if he wants to continue doing side quests he should probably do that before starting the final main mission. Maybe that single bit should already be communicated at the very beginning of the game instead of hiding it until the very end. Especially since CDPR never clearly communicated that the post credit play is not based on a post-finale game state so people don't expect that.

Who wants take the game like a "story-driven only" game, will be satisfied cutting the free roam. But people like me who wants Role Play in Witcher World will be ignored. Sounds a horrible idea.

And come on if wasn't the love to go ahead the main story, we would not be playing Witcher, because the saga should end in books. The same feeling that made CDPR choose Witcher's Romance to make a game and go over the main story, we feel now.

Last edited:
Who wants take the game like a "story-driven only" game, will be satisfied cutting the free roam. But people like me who wants Role Play in Witcher World will be ignored. Sounds a horrible idea.

And come on if wasn't the love to go ahead the main story, we would not be playing Witcher, because the saga should end in books. The same feeling that made CDPR choose Witcher's Romance to make a game and go over the main story, we feel now.

And what do you exactly do? What's role playing here?

I say it again, the game has no content for such a mode. There is literally nothing to do apart from killing the same low level generic enemies over and over again.

So you are ignored because the game was never made to offer content after the finale. This was never the focus of the game. Open world here only functions within the boundaries of the storyline.

I say CDPR should make a fully functional after-world, that involves changes in political situation such as rebirth of Temeria, or other political outcomes, depending on the ending; add fully functional characters that were present in the game especially those since Witcher1, including quests with them in the new post-main-story realm. And making them infinitely interactive. Yeah. that requires a lot of work. But you do like your game so much, it's even your dream, right? And what can be better than spend another half a year in your dream that came true, am I right, CDPR? We can wait alright. No problem with that. While you will be happily working on your dream again.
Or else just cut this shitty reappearance in the empty game off completely and leave the things at the slideshow.

Oh, and add a big and clear BANNER - THIS GAME IS BUILT AROUND THE MAIN QUEST, AND THE "OPEN WORLD" ENDS WITH IT.
Thhhhhhank you!

Actually every RPG I know "ends" with the main quest finale. The only exception to that rule are Bethesda games which are not really story-driven at all but exploration and "find your own story" driven.

Every story-driven (western) RPG I know ends with the main quest finale (Witcher 1 and 2, Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, Deus Ex 1-4, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Wasteland 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3, ...). I guess all of them must have done something wrong... ;)

But I know the problem: there are always the Skyrim and MMO type of gamers who want every RPG to be turned into a Skyrim-like or MMO-like experience, no matter the actual focus of the game. Seems like CDPR listened too closely to that group.

Honestly when I first played the epilogue (Ciri Empress), suddenly being in a bar in White Orchard with Yen, Dandelion and Zoltan, then having to hunt for rabbits. It made no sense. Then the walk with Ciri where most of her replies to hmmm and okay. It felt weird. Like it was a dream state.

In none of the good endings was it explained how Ciri escaped the ice world and what happened right after that scene where the magic dome over the tower collapses. So my hope is what everyone saw in their respective epilogues was a dream Geralt was having while unconscious (including the shitty slide show) and the coming two DLCs will deal with the aftermath of the main story, i.e. Geralt looking for Ciri (again) or the other way round, and hopefully give everyone proper closure. Wishful thinking. Fingers crossed.

I'm all for a post game state if CDPR is willing to use their resources on this but honestly I would just like for them to use those resources towards improving the main story and character development as well as extend on the epilogues a bit to make the endings more satisfying. It seems they allow this for those who want to finish side quests, find the rest of the marks, etc. Maybe if new game plus becomes a thing they could just take out the ability to play after the ending and just have you automatically sent to the main menu with the player choosing between new game and new game plus. This will allow them to focus on adding on to the main game from beginning to the intended end. Just my opinion on the subject.

Last edited:
Honestly when I first played the epilogue (Ciri Empress), suddenly being in a bar in White Orchard with Yen, Dandelion and Zoltan, then having to hunt for rabbits. It made no sense. Then the walk with Ciri where most of her replies to hmmm and okay. It felt weird. Like it was a dream state.

In none of the good endings was it explained how Ciri escaped the ice world and what happened right after that scene where the magic dome over the tower collapses. So my hope is what everyone saw in their respective epilogues was a dream Geralt was having while unconscious (including the shitty slide show) and the coming two DLCs will deal with the aftermath of the main story, i.e. Geralt looking for Ciri (again) or the other way round, and hopefully give everyone proper closure. Wishful thinking. Fingers crossed.

Nooo way. That'd be a really mean joke from CDPR, man.

I agree with your statements, that all this hoohaa is because of the subpar post main story world that shouldn't have been there in the first place . Game should have ended with a long cutscenes showing Geralt enjoying his retirement or something.

Or to make things more interesting, that epilogue shouldn't have existed. Since there's two expansions coming, it makes no sense that Geralt retires or moves far away. While slightly out of topic, I think the game epilogue should have been right after the final scene at the tower, with Geralt feeling lost thinking Ciri's dead, which delays him moving in with Yen/Triss, like in the sad ending where he hunts the last crone.

This opens a world where he isolates himself and continues as a witcher to fill a void, making the empty post main story world sensible. The proper 'happy' ending will then be explored in the two expansions.

Last edited:
And what do you exactly do? What's role playing here?

I say it again, the game has no content for such a mode. There is literally nothing to do apart from killing the same low level generic enemies over and over again.

So you are ignored because the game was never made to offer content after the finale. This was never the focus of the game. Open world here only functions within the boundaries of the storyline.

The game already offers the rp space on side-quests. A proof of that: a lot of people chooses replay the game instead play the after-epilogue to complete side quests. This happens because the world isn't alive, this is not rp friendly. We just want improve the game give to this game a longer lifespan.

This can be reached with a new toolkit and a post-end friendly state, if they give to us a good toolkit we can mod the post-end too. But would be great and more polished an official team make the content. I saw a lot of people migrating from other rpgs dreaming about this.

I think the game was made to offer content after the finale, a lot of players would left a lot of side quests and exploration to post main story. What's the point of two expansions to the people who ended the game? And why take a step forward (make an Open World RPG) and after that take two backward (don't release a toolkit presented in the previously game and cut more the final version removing a free roam)?

I think the way to see this game like: "story driven only" is a regression, the game can be much more, it can be a game that you'll pick in three years and will still a refreshing game. I think this is what the majority of rpg players want.

The game already offers the rp space on side-quests. A proof of that: a lot of people chooses replay the game instead play the after-epilogue to complete side quests. This happens because the world isn't alive, this is not rp friendly. We just want improve the game give to this game a longer lifespan.

This can be reached with a new toolkit and a post-end friendly state, if they give to us a good toolkit we can mod the post-end too. But would be great and more polished an official team make the content. I saw a lot of people migrating from other rpgs dreaming about this.

I think the game was made to offer content after the finale, a lot of players would left a lot of side quests and exploration to post main story. What's the point of two expansions to the people who ended the game? And why take a step forward (make an Open World RPG) and after that take two backward (don't release a toolkit presented in the previously game and cut more the final version removing a free roam)?

I think the way to see this game like: "story driven only" is a regression, the game can be much more, it can be a game that you'll pick in three years and will still a refreshing game. I think this is what the majority of rpg players want.

I understand what you are saying but know that with consoles there isn't really going to be any mods to help improve their experience. For those of us with PS4s or Xbox Ones we can only hope that CDPR, if they take the post ending route, makes it satisfying enough for console gamers to enjoy playing the same playthrough indefinitely as well. What's left for console gamers when they finish the post ending content? Nothing. It's either start a new game or go play another game.

When pc players get their toolkit I imagine they can just make post ending content for players that wish to continue playing.

Last edited:
There will be a toolkit sometime in the future. That's already known.

I don't see why you need an after credits gameplay the way it is NOW.

And the game IS story-driven only. Everything else is up to modders once the toolkit is out which won't happen too soon. Every game COULD be much more in theory. But in most cases games concentrate on their strengths and central concepts.

Nooo way. That'd be a really mean joke from CDPR, man.

No man. The mean joke is the shitty ending. Almost everyone in this thread seems to agree that the epilogue needs some serious reworking. Since it's a bit too late to change the current game, a retcon of the ending in the coming expansions would be good.

As usual, the term "immersion breaking" is used as a gross replacement for "I don't like it". What do you think should happen after end-game? CDPR should create a whole new world (more than one required actually) just so players can go on a bit of a sightseeing tour after they've finished the game?

The world's still "alive". Plenty of villagers about, also secondary quest givers and contracts, just none of the people related to the main story line because, you know, you've finished the fucking story!

Top Bottom