[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
great more people see and agree to this the better chance for the devs to do something about it!

---------- Updated at 04:55 PM ----------

Same thing like this happened for skyrim we wanted to be able to ride dragons and have the option to build a house and adopt children that all happened later when they released 3 big expansive packs! lets hoppe that CDPR is anything like bethsoft

I agree with a lot of things said here, the game does feel empty without other characters and it gives a lonely vibe. It would be really nice if CDPR added a few post game interactions.

I agree with this thread. While I haven't beaten the game, just reading this makes me sad. I mean, how hard would it be to have a little cottage somewhere w/ Yen in it where you could at least have some slight dialogue. Same thing w/ Triss, how hard would it be to have her as a vendor in some alchemy shop with an extra dialogue option or two for you if you end up w/ her. Same w/ Ciri and the other characters. We don't need hours of content/dialogue but not being able to interact w/ them at all just kills things.
Great game but taking out Yen/Triss/Ciri definitely hurts the "end game" if not completely kills it.
:(

It's pretty clear the game wasn't really designed for post-ending playing - both from stuff like this or a lack of post lvl 30 content. I believe CDPR has been saying for quite a long time that it would not even be possible, so it's no wonder not much went into it. It was probably a last moment decision, because of some people desiring it.

I don't have a problem with this since I would rather do another playthrough than play after the official End, but I understand why would it make some people upset.

I'm surprised by this thread. Disappointed in all of you. The game ended. It used to be, once upon a time, games ended when you beat them. But modern gamers have become spoiled - it reached a boiling point with Fallout 3, when gamers demanded that they be allowed to roam the world after the ending and see the consequences of their actions.

The Witcher 3 ended. The developers stated, well in advance, that the game ends with the ending. The expansions all take place before the ending.

What you all are asking for is impossible. It will not be done. Stop pushing for it.

The only reason they let you continue playing after the end is for the expansion content. And that expansion content, again, takes place before the ending.

I'm surprised by this thread. Disappointed in all of you. The game ended. It used to be, once upon a time, games ended when you beat them. But modern gamers have become spoiled - it reached a boiling point with Fallout 3, when gamers demanded that they be allowed to roam the world after the ending and see the consequences of their actions.

The Witcher 3 ended. The developers stated, well in advance, that the game ends with the ending. The expansions all take place before the ending.

What you all are asking for is impossible. It will not be done. Stop pushing for it.

The only reason they let you continue playing after the end is for the expansion content.

I really don't see how it is impossible? Ever played Red Dead Redemption?

Agree. Currently just finished off some gwent and brawler side quests but its not the same anymore. Not breaking the end game immersion seems so absolutely crucial for such an immersive rpg. Instead you just get dropped back into an empty and meaningless pre-ending map and all your beloved characters are never to be seen again, here ends Geralt's story, forever.

I really don't see how it is impossible? Ever played Red Dead Redemption?
That's... apples and oranges? I don't even know what you're trying to imply. There are too many variables in The Witcher 3, with three main endings and a number of different world states.

Again, The Witcher 3 ended. It ended. You saw the ending. The credits rolled.

I get what @Benevolay is saying.

Yeah it's sad that everyone are gone, but I understand why. You end the game (most of us at least) leaving peacefully with your romance choice and semi-retiring.

Then CDPR just let us play around before the ending the Epilogue describes, but think about it - so many possibilities of end-content be it living with Triss/Yen/Alone, who controls what and who fights who, who's dead and who's not, all of these things are very costly to produce - and I get that they wanted to focus these resources on more and better content for the main game.

Don't get me wrong I WISH with all my heart that we could have some nice recollections while exploring the world after the credits roll especially with Triss/Yen, but asking them to account for every possible ending is a big request. - sadly.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear the game wasn't really designed for post-ending playing - both from stuff like this or a lack of post lvl 30 content. I believe CDPR has been saying for quite a long time that it would not even be possible, so it's no wonder not much went into it. It was probably a last moment decision, because of some people desiring it.

I don't have a problem with this since I would rather do another playthrough than play after the official End, but I understand why would it make some people upset.

Actually, they have commented before saying that they wanted people to be able to finish and then go about doing content, Witcher contracts and side quests, hence why they had made it possible to carry on playing, they also wanted people to be able to mod and such, like with the success of Skyrim modding community, which also didn't have content past a certain level... at a point you one shot everything in that game. This Game in my opinion out shines any other open world RPG that I have ever played. It is going to become the subject of so many amazing mods, I am sure, with CDPR standing behind them.

It just makes me all the more enthusiastic and passionate about getting the end game state to a point where everyone is really satisfied with the world and their decisions. Something I really believe is missing at the moment. It really is demoralizing coming out of the game nothing has changed and then even more demoralizing that all the characters are gone. There have been so many people as you can see, who have made really good suggestions.

The hope for a brighter less lonely future it strong!

Last edited:
That's... apples and oranges? I don't even know what you're trying to imply. There are too many variables in The Witcher 3, with three main endings and a number of different world states.

Again, The Witcher 3 ended. It ended. You saw the ending. The credits rolled.
SPOILEERSSSSS!!!!!
Your point makes little to no sense...

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that since we have become spoiled, we shouldn't ask for them to flesh out their game as we are finishing side quests.

I'm sorry, but the game is NOT over. The game is over when we stop playing. You're in the mindset that just because the story ends, the game itself ends as well, which couldn't be further from the truth

Furthermore, taking out the major characters before the climax of the game makes no sense. They were in the game before, they were visible, you could see them-- so therefore, why are they not in the game because of some arbitrary reason such as "the story is over."

We are not spoiled, we are simply anywhere between saddened --> outraged that CDPR didn't put in the characters we have loved and hated throughout the game.

Dandelion doesn't even say anything new, you are preparing to help the Child of the ElderBlood save the world, but honestly, why would Dandelion care about that? It's just business as usual... See how this doesn't work? He doesn't even ask about Ciri after you have found her, nothing makes any sense lol

Also, no it's not a big request

You literally put the characters into the game world just as they were BEFORE the ending, and that would satisfy the majority of us. The best case scenario is where you are correct in that it would require work, adding some sort of extra interaction with yennefer, for example

I mean wouldn't 2 lovers want to talk to each other before they go out to battle TWH, and its King? Welp, apparently not lol, because no one can find her

I even went to where you fight the Djinn, by spending 2 hours climbing that damned mountain, and there's nothing bloody there.

A bit of a rant, my apologies :)

Yeah it's sad that everyone are gone, but I understand why. You end the game (most of us at least) leaving peacefully with your romance choice and semi-retiring.

Then CDPR just let us play around before the ending the Epilogue describes, but think about it - so many possibilities of end-content be it living with Triss/Yen/Alone, who controls what and who fights who, who's dead and who's not, all of these things are very costly to produce - and I get that they wanted to focus these resources on more and better content for the main game.

Don't get me wrong I WISH with all my heart that we could have some nice recollections while exploring the world after the credits roll especially with Triss/Yen, but asking them to account for every possible ending is a big request. - sadly.

I see what your saying with the variables, and different outcomes, and as I have said before I really (personally) am not asking for all the variables. I think what most people want at the moment is the characters back in the game, one better, the character just after the final chapter... which would not mean massive changes to the world, Ciri in the palace/at the tavern with Geralt, Yen/Triss in a house with Geralt or at Kaer Morhen... So literally just after the End Cut, but before the end of the story board. If they wanted to go one even better then that then they could have you literally see the world's end state after the story board... But this, I do actually see as improbable since it would also affect a lot of the side missions as well at the world...

This needs to be corrected. Why the hell would everyone leave Kaer Morhen, for instance? At least Geralt and Ciri and whomever you ultimately end up with should stay. It was home to Ciri and Geralt. Ciri is tied to that place.

My other idea, is there should be a henchman system. You should be able to recruit any of your friends to venture about.

This needs to be corrected. Why the hell would everyone leave Kaer Morhen, for instance? At least Geralt and Ciri and whomever you ultimately end up with should stay. It was home to Ciri and Geralt. Ciri is tied to that place.

My other idea, is there should be a henchman system. You should be able to recruit any of your friends to venture about.

Okay so yeah you have a point, though we do find out at the end that Geralt and Yen want to leave most of society behind and Triss wants you to move in with her... So relationship wise you should be able to do both those things.

Kaer Morhen has become a very Empty place, since Vesemir is no longer there and Lampert and Eskel both leave Kaer Morhen it has essentially become abandoned. I see your point about Ciri, but Ciri will ultimately choose her own path, either becoming an Empress in training or a Witcher, and Witchers don't really use Kaer Morhen except for in winter time as a refuge anyway... I would guess that Ciri would Winter with Geralt/Yen since she is his and her daughter in all regards but blood.

So sure they might initially visit it after the end of the game to get supplies and a few things, its likely that Kaer Morhen will not be used, at least for a while unless they decide to train more Witchers in the future.

Last edited:

Mods

the correct word to solve this problem instant. if the devs will not do this, maybe modders will? i would glad to see followers system, or more side mission that will be created by moders.

Definitely in regards to a follower system, however I feel that in terms of the End Game state, it really needs to be CDPR that address this...

See how I ninja pulled the thread topic back <-- School of the Snake Training here!

Definitely in regards to a follower system, however I feel that in terms of the End Game state, it really needs to be CDPR that address this...

See how I ninja pulled the thread topic back <-- School of the Snake Training here!
yes i hope that CDPR will address to this, but if not, i hope we can count on mods that will get us what CDPR can't give us

Top Bottom