[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Guys you can't understand my disapointment when i read all the 1.07 patch i i didnt see something related to out problem, now i just hope that after the 1.07 realese RED will bring some of their attention to our problem and we will soon get some news from them.

I'm glad that nothing was changed with the post-end world in 1.07. I want a change in the post-end world that has been focused on and which a lot of effort has been put in to, not just doing something like throwing the characters all in the Rosemary & Thyme with no more dialogue whatsoever in the hope that it will stop fans complaining.

If they are going to fix it, I wanna see it fixed right.

---------- Updated at 11:51 AM ----------

Well i think he meant to say that after CDPRED will bring Ciri,Yenn,Triss back in the game modders will be able to make some quests like a hunting one a trying to find something for Yenn/Triss.

But i'm agree with you CDPRED should bring them back in to the game cause it need to be done right (and let's hope in less time possible cause i want to go back and play the game).

Ah sorry, I didn't understand it properly...

That would be good with modders adding quests like finding something for Yenn/Triss, but still I want dialogue by the same voices and not bad/no voiceover.

I'm glad that nothing was changed with the post-end world in 1.07. I want a change in the post-end world that has been focused on and which a lot of effort has been put in to, not just doing something like throwing the characters all in the Rosemary & Thyme with no more dialogue whatsoever in the hope that it will stop fans complaining.

If they are going to fix it, I wanna see it fixed right.

This. I don't want a custom mod or just a character thrown in with no dialogue options or interactions whatsoever. The best idea I could come up with is a lore-focused quest after "Something ends, something begins" in which Geralt visits all the main characters and can talk about the ending of their deed. I know RED needs to put lots of effort to make this happen but let’s make an example.
Ciri witcheress ending with Djikastra dead and Geralt with Yen: Geralt could visit Roche and Ves and talk about Temeria as Nilfgaard vassal, Geralt could obv visit Yen in out-of-the-map location in which he could romance with her and talk about your choises/the other characters. He could also visit Triss in Novigrad while she's preparing to go to Kovir and maybe clarify your romance choice/witcher 2 choices. You can also visit Kar Moen and let Ciri follow you for some quests (just like in Novigrad, there is no need of new code implementation i think, just disable her powers). I mean, I don't really care about the world, either a Nilfgaard or a Redania victory needs time to show his consequences in the world and I think that some different flags or banners in random locations like near the cities are enough to give you a good sensation.

I know that maybe the game has been rushed a bit in the end, but after 100 hours of beautiful and memorable cut scenes and moments, the bitter taste you get after finishing the game really risk to draw an underserved shadow over the beautiful feelings you get in this experience.

This. I don't want a custom mod or just a character thrown in with no dialogue options or interactions whatsoever. The best idea I could come up with is a lore-focused quest after "Something ends, something begins" in which Geralt visits all the main characters and can talk about the ending of their deed. I know RED needs to put lots of effort to make this happen but let’s make an example.
Ciri witcheress ending with Djikastra dead and Geralt with Yen: Geralt could visit Roche and Ves and talk about Temeria as Nilfgaard vassal, Geralt could obv visit Yen in out-of-the-map location in which he could romance with her and talk about your choises/the other characters. He could also visit Triss in Novigrad while she's preparing to go to Kovir and maybe clarify your romance choice/witcher 2 choices. You can also visit Kar Moen and let Ciri follow you for some quests (just like in Novigrad, there is no need of new code implementation i think, just disable her powers). I mean, I don't really care about the world, either a Nilfgaard or a Redania victory needs time to show his consequences in the world and I think that some different flags or banners in random locations like near the cities are enough to give you a good sensation.

I know that maybe the game has been rushed a bit in the end, but after 100 hours of beautiful and memorable cut scenes and moments, the bitter taste you get after finishing the game really risk to draw an underserved shadow over the beautiful feelings you get in this experience.

Exactly. IMO, more effort needs to be put into getting the ending perfect than a lot of the gameplay throughout - the ending is what you're left with, it sums up how you feel about the game overall. Having a perfect ending makes up for lacking in some other areas, though it doesn't work the other way around.
I completely agree with what you described (with visiting each different major character as a final sort of quest). It could be done similar to how the quest "Payback" was done with Ciri (when you went to repay and thank everyone that helped her), just more extensively and more detailed.

Actually, I was just gonna bring something up that you touched on - I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this before.

Am I the only one that was surprised you couldn't ask certain characters to follow and help you? I was expecting something similar to Skyrim, where you could have just 1 person (even major characters) following you around and helping you in fights etc. A system like that would be great since you won't feel alone with "followers" occasionally saying something about where you are. Only problem is the inconsistency with the ending, but absolutely anything is more realistic than the current endgame world. Not sure how other people feel about this, because I haven't seen it being talked about.

Let's say this is pretty much what all of us want a post main-story where you can talk with major characters and do some stuff with Ciri,Yenn and Triss ( well same thing that we are saying every day in almost every post here).

The problem is that we dont even have some response from CDPRED like: "Hey guys we are working on this problem" or "Hey guys we are not interesting in this probelm"(REALLY HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE BECUASE THIS IS A HUGE ISSUE) their last answer was 1000 post ago. I think that thay are just busy with the new patch and will let us know something after the patch, at least i hope so.

Am I the only one that was surprised you couldn't ask certain characters to follow and help you? I was expecting something similar to Skyrim, where you could have just 1 person (even major characters) following you around and helping you in fights etc. A system like that would be great since you won't feel alone with "followers" occasionally saying something about where you are. Only problem is the inconsistency with the ending, but absolutely anything is more realistic than the current endgame world. Not sure how other people feel about this, because I haven't seen it being talked about.

Personaly i dont think this is a good idea because Witchers the majorety of the times they travel alone, so for me having some one following you like a dog is a bad idea. Having some one to help kill some dificult monster adn then divide the gold hmmm Yes why not, but a companion no thanks at least for me.

Some one could say "Haa see this is what you want to do with Ciri" Well No i want some father-daughter moments that includes hunting, talking and spending some time with Yenn/Triss and other friends. Not a companion(dog) that will follow me everywhare.

Last edited:
Well it's difficult to admit for RED that the post-game is a huge issue, in my opinion even more important than Triss lack of contents post Novigrad, because it’s not just a matter of throwing in characters in Kar Mohen or changing some quotes but it’s more an artistic choice.
They basically decided that the “cinematic ending” like the witcheress one (and the ciri dead one, a bit less in the empress one) would be better than a more interactive/ less “coup de théâtre” one. Let me point that: I love the cinematic scene in which Geralt gives the sword to Ciri, but not if it go to the detriment of a satisfying post-game feeling. The surprise feeling of seeing Ciri alive is not worth the lack of Yen, Triss, Avallac’h, Cherys and Sorceress dialogues after defeating the White Frost. Even the dialogue with Emyr seems rushed when it could be perfect to present the consequences of the war far better than a line of Dandelion in the outro. There is also a huge contradiction in the witcheress ending, because it says that Emyr could belive in Ciri’s death while in the North legends about a witcheress with ash gray hair will spread in the near future. However, this is another issue.

I hope RED, after all this posts that are in itself a statement of their skill, because they managed to make characters so well written that many players can’t stand their treatment in the ending, will listen to our praises as well as our concerns. For me, I just only can say that I would rather buy a DLC set after defeating the White Frost in which I can find some pleasure for the accomplishment of my duty than a DLC set at some random point of the plot.

PS: Again, sorry for my english, it's not my native language but I still wanted to express my concerns :D

Last edited:
I honestly would be willing to pay for an expansion if it would have the post-ending world. I know a lot of you wouldn't because you feel that it should have been included in the core game itself. But honestly, this was WAY MORE than you would have gotten out of any other game for the same normal price. If they put in the effort to actually redo voice acting, motion capture, and build post-ending worlds, maybe with new quests and release it as an expansion, where I can visit Triss in our home in Kovir and others can go to their home out in the boondocks with Yen if they picked her, or have them both in their "normal" places if they chose to not be with either, find Ciri throughout the north, maybe at a tavern, or give her a home somewhere, and maybe have her involved in some of the new quests or witcher contracts, Keira and Lambert can be found somewhere, or also involved in a quest with you or contracts, find Zoltan, Dandelion, and Priscilla (out of the hospital) in Dandelion's Cabaret, and if you went this route, maybe find out the outcome of the Bloody Baron and Anna (or maybe have a quest to help him cure Anna), and maybe even find Tamara somewhere, I would gladly pay for it as an expansion.

---------- Updated at 09:33 PM ----------

Exactly. IMO, more effort needs to be put into getting the ending perfect than a lot of the gameplay throughout - the ending is what you're left with, it sums up how you feel about the game overall. Having a perfect ending makes up for lacking in some other areas, though it doesn't work the other way around.
I completely agree with what you described (with visiting each different major character as a final sort of quest). It could be done similar to how the quest "Payback" was done with Ciri (when you went to repay and thank everyone that helped her), just more extensively and more detailed.

Actually, I was just gonna bring something up that you touched on - I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this before.

LOL, love the name Triss Master Race. :)

To be host i'll pay just to have them back in the post main-story with few dialogs and the posibilites to go hunt with Ciri and to spent time with Yenn/Triss. So as i said in a previous post i just want them back for Now so we can return and play the game without that sense of depression and sadness.

Then who knows maybe in a future RED will come with a good post main-story expansion the includes new quests,dialogs and other stuff. Oh you just have to read the posts here or on other sites to understand that a lot of people are ready to pay.

I hope RED, after all this posts that are in itself a statement of their skill, because they managed to make characters so well written that many players can’t stand their treatment in the ending, will listen to our praises as well as our concerns. For me, I just only can say that I would rather buy a DLC set after defeating the White Frost in which I can find some pleasure for the accomplishment of my duty than a DLC set at some random point of the plot.

I agree with this completely - this thread is a testament to just how well written the characters are, and how much they deserve a better ending.

I think it's something the game desperately needs. But for free? The game has more than enough on offer already. I'd more than happily pay for a polished post-end DLC which covers some of the above points.

For me it's not really about just a storyline or quests, but being able to have an enclosed fast travel 'zone' in Kovir with Triss and a similar area with Yen to travel to and back from as you please. Just a solution to round off the storyline and give us a reason to continue playing.

Absolutely not for free in my humble opinion. Making it free means they would try to patch it up without the commitment requested by many players. As one of the devs stated before in this thread, it needs relatively lots of resources and effort to be implemented. It basically can't be added in a patch with bug fixes among other minor things. So this thread basically wants to state that "many players would be more than interested and willing to pay for a DLC based on the post ending world where every main character can have his deserved place in the world."

My fear is that all the writing phase, that includes voices recording, script and screenplay of the two announced DLC has been already done. And I bet they are both set before the ending of the main plot.

Last edited:
You know, they said that Witcher 3 will be the end of Geralt's adventure, but as long as they are "expansions" that would still technically be Witcher 3. So I really hope they listen to us and make one, or more, I will GLADLY pay for them. I will gladly pay for any expansions to Witcher 3 actually, this game is just phenomenal...

My fear is that all the writing phase, that includes voices recording, script and screenplay of the two announced DLC has been already done. And I bet they are both set before the ending of the main plot.
I'm afraid of this as well. I just don't see much of an improvement happening if they have already done the voice-overs for the DLCs already - I can't see CDPR bringing back the voice actors etc just to add a small amount of dialogue...

Sign me up as willing to pay for DLC that gives a more complete post-game state. Not sure if it really has to be that complicated. Ciri has 2 end states. Yen and Triss have 3 (in relationship, not in relatiionship, Geralt cheated). Most other guys have 1 or 2 states. Don't think any of us would expect CDPR to go nuts and make everyone have to talk about all the other characters situations, just stuff relating to them and their own relationship with Geralt. Most characters along the way said they were going to go to Kaer Morhen before taking the next step in their lives, so not a big deal for most people to be there post-game (although, people might expect a bit more effort than that if it's paid DLC). Doesn't have to be super elaborate, just enough that the post-game doesn't seem like a lifeless desert.

Not sure if I really follow the reasoning that CDPR's choices were doing things "right" with post game characters or just erasing all the characters you care about off the face of the earth. IMO, erasing them also falls under not doing things "right". Better off just having no post-game and a NG+ or something like that. Or, make the post-game revert back to the world state before you do the final battle. Lots of games do that. Don't think it can be stressed enough how depressing and lifeless the current post-game world is.

Last edited:
Better off just having no post-game and a NG+ or something like that. Or, make the post-game revert back to the world state before you do the final battle. Lots of games do that.

Ok so a revert to the world before final batle isnt a solution in my opinion because you can easy load a save game and be at the same point, but this dont give us the oportunity to spent time with Ciri,Yenn,Triss and the others.
Second i dont really understand all that NG+ thing, like what is the diference between starting a new game and a NG+. Yes you have your equipment and skills, monsters are stronger but monsters are stronger even if you start a new game.

Ok so a revert to the world before final batle isnt a solution in my opinion because you can easy load a save game and be at the same point, but this dont give us the oportunity to spent time with Ciri,Yenn,Triss and the others.
Second i dont really understand all that NG+ thing, like what is the diference between starting a new game and a NG+. Yes you have your equipment and skills, monsters are stronger but monsters are stronger even if you start a new game.

Definitely not a solution for what we all want, a post-game world with the important characters. I'm mainly weighing the options CDPR had if they decided they weren't going to put any effort into having the important characters in the post-game environment. IMO, almost anything is better than the lifeless post-game we are given, be it a new game+ option, or you are dropped back into the state right before the last battle where you can do all your side-missions just the same as in the lifeless post-game, but at least you can do something relating to the main characters (final mission, starting probably before you talk to Avallac'h on the boat so you can still have the Ciri/Yen interactions in before the final battle) if you feel like it. Many games have done that method, the reverting back. In some cases it makes sense because DLC is supposed to happen in the pre-end game state, so it lets you do those DLC's.

Last edited:
I am currently playing with a save game before talking to Avallac'h to finish all the quests and treasure hunts because I just can't handle the post end game but geez...Once in a while I go to the boat to talk with our girls in order to keep the lore and the atmosphere alive and by now I've learned all the dialogues by heart.

"Hi Geralt" "So long, Triss"

"How's travelling between worlds?" "Cool"

"We didn't finish to talk about the past" *Yes dear Yen, we did. It's actually the sixth time I asked you the same questions but I am feeling so lonely*

I am starting to think how pathetic is to visit once in a while that damned boat.

I am currently playing with a save game before talking to Avallac'h to finish all the quests and treasure hunts because I just can't handle the post end game but geez...Once in a while I go to the boat to talk with our girls in order to keep the lore and the atmosphere alive and by now I've learned all the dialogues by heart.

"Hi Geralt" "So long, Triss"

"How's travelling between worlds?" "Cool"

"We didn't finish to talk about the past" *Yes dear Yen, we did. It's actually the sixth time I asked you the same questions but I am feeling so lonely*

I am starting to think how pathetic is to visit once in a while that damned boat.

hehe, still better than the loney post-game world though isn't it? Basically all I was trying to say in my last 2 posts is I wish that dead post-game world was never made. IMO, almost anything else would have been a better decision if it was set in stone that no extra effort was going to be put into having the main characters in the post-game world.

Who would want to be in a world where people you love and care about simply vanish.
People who have been your companion in this long ardous journey and shared your burden are just gone.
And most important, Ciri ,who you wanted to see alive and safe is nowhere to be seen.

It seems whatever ending you may get the world is eventually joyless.
A solution ,atleast for good endings,can be to place Ciri,Yen,Triss at Kaer Morhen or Vizima with limited dialog choices.

Last edited:
I am still thinking that having them back in the post end-game with hunt, horse riding for Ciri and romance and other stuff for Yenn/Triss becuase only in this case you will not fill that sense of sadness,depression and lonlynes that you feel now.
I think that a post end-game content is the best end for Geralt to, he spent all that time trying to find his beloved ones, so having a post end-game with them and the posibility for some family moments is the best thing we can get.
Playing in a pre final battle savegame isnt a solution because yes you can see them but it dont gives you the sensation that you have done something for them and that you finaly have a family with characters you love. Becaause you know that now or later you will have to finish the last battle then you will be completely alone, without the posibility to go hunt or romance and having a place to call house with Ciri,Yenn/Triss.

I am still thinking that having them back in the post end-game with hunt, horse riding for Ciri and romance and other stuff for Yenn/Triss becuase only in this case you will not fill that sense of sadness,depression and lonlynes that you feel now.
I think that a post end-game content is the best end for Geralt to, he spent all that time trying to find his beloved ones, so having a post end-game with them and the posibility for some family moments is the best thing we can get.
Playing in a pre final battle savegame isnt a solution because yes you can see them but it dont gives you the sensation that you have done something for them and that you finaly have a family with characters you love. Becaause you know that now or later you will have to finish the last battle then you will be completely alone, without the posibility to go hunt or romance and having a place to call house with Ciri,Yenn/Triss.

I am agree with you, in a pre main battle you dont have the chance to go hunt some f.ing monsters, make a horse ride or drink something with Ciri and then go home talk and romance your beloved one Triss-Yenn.

Because lets be honest this is what we want to see, we want to see the consequences of saving them and ending with the best end. To finaly have the chance to spent time with the girls, girls that for all this time we tried to save and finaly have them with us.
Like gaurav said:
Who would want to be in a world where people you love and care about simply vanish.
People who have been your companion in this long ardous journey and shared your burden are just gone.
And most important, Ciri ,who you wanted to see alive and safe is nowhere to be seen.
And No NG+ or a pre mainbattle save will change this, so this is why we want a post end-game content.

I just dont know if RED are reading this thread and all the others around the internet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom