[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I agree with all that has been said in this thread and, like others, in the end I was left with emptiness and sadness (as I said in a previous post on another thread)

Looked everywhere for people with my same thoughts and here we are. I am a great fan of the Witcher series and was so impatient to see the sequel to Geralt’s story that I bought the game and the season pass as soon as it was available. I was very pleased but also very disappointed for different reasons. The game itself is amazing, the artwork spectacular, the vistas breath taking (I fell in love with Skellige, with its Nordic soul, and didn’t mind to just walk around to appreciate the work gone into it). The open world has been a great addition to the game and is probably the most important feature it has to offer the gamers, but the Witcher is not only about roaming and killing beasts. It was also about taking the story in your own hands and moulding it as you wanted, whether good or bad you felt that all the decisions mattered in the shaping of Geralt’s character/personality and how he was perceived in the world he’s in. It was so pleasant and I felt fully immersed in his world and thought that I counted for something. Here instead the story is different. It feels already flattened out for you, on the main story and on the romantic line, and although certain action can trigger different outcomes, it is not comparable with its previous title. It seems to me that CDPR decided to spend more time on the actual open world system than on the rest. Since it was said that this would have been the last title with Geralt of Rivia I expected more, especially to feel the need in completing the game different times in different ways to find the perfect ending or beginning of a new life for the character you so hardly fought for. Instead when completing the game I felt only emptiness in a world not changed by my decisions/actions, a castle colder than Eredin, friends and partner never to be seen again (nothing I would ever have expected from this game).
Coming back to the topic of this thread as you can see I am a Triss fan (the charm of a redhead always captures my attention). Since Yen has not been as present as Triss in the previous titles I do think they made her justice, probably they went too far. Weaving Yen’s love story with the main storyline (which is fine if the game strictly followed the books and not our choices) while keeping Triss as a backup not giving her the importance she deserved, especially for us who had the ideas straight from the beginning, taking from us that sense of control. It felt to me that I was tied to Yen till the end even though I did not want to. I wished there was more interaction with Triss or Yen, and actually I felt sad when I found myself alone in the castle after completing the game.
Where are my BATHS?!?BALMS?!?BODY MASSAGES?!?
The only thing I can hope for now, since there cannot be important changes for the main storyline, is for a DLC adding more interactions, on a secondary level, with both the mages, depending on your choices. This is not a request for more sex scenes but a way to have a reason to continue with Geralt’s life even when the game is finished.

Need more people who have same feelings.
YES just keep spreding it

---------- Updated at 06:54 PM ----------

funde this post on the top there's an option to vote http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/41812-After-the-end-of-the-game-A-request-please

!im new to the forums but please go and vote ther it on the top i haven't seen that before!

Only 25 people in favor of it, lol, it's gonna be awhile before that gets anywhere

I really wish this had been put into the parent W3 forum XD Never going to stop complaining about that :p

I think they're defo gonna make another Witcher game with Ciri as the protagonist. This entire game feels like a set up for that. I hope so anyway, I love Ciri

I dont see Ciri becoming main protagonist. 1stly, where is the setup, when in 1 ending she dies, in other becomes emperess and 3rd one - witcher. It would be the only ending which would make her fit being main protagonist. 2ndly if Ciri became a main protagonist this would turn this game from medieval fantasy ( vampires, werewolves, mages with fireballs) into medieval fantasy game with main hero being son goku teleporting between worlds instantly, teleporting around battlefield etc. No me gusta.

i think that this thread need an survey, so people don't need to commant in the thread they can just vote if they thinks that is a problem.. there is anyway that you can add survey?

Really, so much support. I really don't think that a survey is a good thing here. But continuing to post comments will bring attention to it and hopefully, this will lead to a solution. It is quite obvious at this point that a lot of people come to the forum seeking answers about this topic and feel the same way once they have finished the story.

Continued, support of the discussion and people coming and posting their opinions really will make for potential change that will not just be a change, but the best change that CDPR can make... Don't think they are not aware of this topic and are not reading it as we continue to post and add to the discussion, they will be...

I doubt a member of CDPR will comment on the topic until they have made an internal decision about it and are ready to commit to making it happen. They may already have something in the works and just don't want to reveal it yet.

But keep up the input, the support and directing people to this thread if they have posted something similar or directly relevant! That's what will create the best chance for this to come to fruition.

;)

Last edited:
No need for a survey. We've got fifteen pages here, lol. Thread started like 4 days ago, that's a lot of support within those days, which also catches the eye from CPDR(hopefully).

Anyways, moving on to the topic, if they bring back the characters, they'll bring back every consequence that happens in the ending cutscene aswell? Like Radovid's army being removed..(for someones ending, it's different)

I really hope any dev will post here a message about progress, try to call some friends to post so I hope we can get an answer soon.
By the way, I really want to see different side quests with main characters (Yen, Triss, Ciri) for atleast 10 hours but I ask too much. But who knows, maybe it will be the part of secret DLC :).

I completely agree with everything that is being said here, CDPR desperately need to do something about this and I'm confident they will soon enough. This game is their baby and they want it to be the best game possible in all ways, maybe the time just wasn't there to incorporate a satisfying late game after completing the main quest line. Be sure to spread this on the Witcher reddit (r/Witcher) and contact CDPR on Twitter where you're most likely to get a direct response (check out "CD Project RED on Twitter" on the right side of the subreddit!).

I completely agree with everything that is being said here, CDPR desperately need to do something about this and I'm confident they will soon enough. This game is their baby and they want it to be the best game possible in all ways, maybe the time just wasn't there to incorporate a satisfying late game after completing the main quest line. Be sure to spread this on the Witcher reddit (r/Witcher) and contact CDPR on Twitter where you're most likely to get a direct response (check out "CD Project RED on Twitter" on the right side of the subreddit!).
Has anyone linked this thread in the reddit section? You should do so. There is a lot of activity there and I'm sure the majority would share our sentiments.

where the TRISS this after I finished the game

then close the game at the end when Geralt gets the TRISS in a home, most do not know where this house and someone knows and can tell me ?

I think they're defo gonna make another Witcher game with Ciri as the protagonist. This entire game feels like a set up for that. I hope so anyway, I love Ciri

Agreed that they'll make another witcher game but Ciri is wayy to OP like lol. On top of that for some people she died, and others she became the empress so it would be hard to make a witcher game with ciri as the main protagonist. Dont sleep on Geralt though, Money has and always will talk, and if theres a company that could change there view because of this, and the fans opinions, its CD project Red. Not saying its a sure thing, and they said that this is the end for Geralts story, but dont sleep on it. Could very well happen.

Guys, I don't know if this is already known but you can find Keira in Velen! So that's Zoltan, Dandelion and Keira, which, you can interact with even after the game finishes, to add, what I have done is got the debug console, and I've spawned characters as a temporary fix, some you can talk to but I have more to discover, ill update everyone with progress.

Top Bottom