[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
@VegitoReborn has said there are currently no plans to change the post-credits content, according to a reply he got from Marcin Momot, but that this will be passed on to the team regardless (thanks to Vegito for asking and to Marcin for responding, by the way). Adding that content is no small task, and as of yet it's unclear how the expansions will even fit into all this. It's been stated already that Hearts of Stone is playable after the main quest. It's meant for lvl. 30+ players, so it pushes you to start it after the main quest, but to play it in the barren post-credits world... this doesn't make much sense so far. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it's implemented.

I'm not expecting any surprises from patch 1.09. As I said, it would take considerable work to make proper post-credits content, and Hearts of Stone is the focus right now (and will continue to be, as post-launch patches are inevitable).

There are new dialogues for HoS for Ciri, Yen and Triss regarding the fiery thing on Geralt's face and maybe some new unknown ones.

But how will you even get these dialogues if they aren't even present, most people will start HoS on a post-epilogue game save.

CDPR has already stated that if you want to see the new lines for the character you have to start your game play over again because it takes place during the main story. They have also stated that you have to complete or gain the new lines of HoS during the main story when it comes to speaking to Triss, Yen and Ciri. That in addition Geralt can start the expansion at any time that the levels are only suggestive.

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

I am level 35 now. I finish all the side quest (the one which is not bugged) secondary mission, treasure hunt, the witcher quest. Now, I'm still roaming the world killing guards, monsters and animals. Now I am doing the sunstone quest but still trying not to complete it.

Hope CDPR will still continue to support The Witcher 3 by providing paid DLC for years to come.
guards give you 0 experience.

They have also stated that you have to complete or gain the new lines of HoS during the main story when it comes to speaking to Triss, Yen and Ciri.

Indeed, those new lines for the expansion are added as default dialogue, so they should be available during Final Preparations and Battle Preparations when the NPC is not in a quest.

5 people shouting for 20 minutes is still going to be less effective than 50 people shouting for 2 minutes. I think the sheer volume of people that wanted/requested the Triss changes far outstrip (Like, vastly) the amount of people requesting what's here in this thread.
Most posts in Triss threads was just spam with her pictures, videos, posts of adoration. That's why they grew so huge. Only few fellas in that threads really concerning about lack of Triss content and provide good proposals. While here almost all of our posts is direct proposals or dissatisfactions from newcomers, who make a account here just to post in this thread.

I can't understand what are you trying to say, we need to spam like Triss fans to get devs pay attention on us?

Look at the votes also. More than 2k people vote: "Yes, there IS a broken immersion after the game".

Last edited:
Most posts in Triss threads was just spam with her pictures, videos, posts of adoration. That's why they grew so huge. Only few fellas in that threads really concerning about lack of Triss content and provide good proposals. While here almost all of our posts is direct proposals or dissatisfactions from newcomers, who make a account here just to post in this thread.

I can't understand what are you trying to say, we need to spam like Triss fans to get devs pay attention on us?

Look at the votes also. More than 2k people vote: "Yes, there IS a broken immersion after the game".

When I first joined these forums I made my account for this thread. Now obviously the past month I've grown into a regular among the community in many threads and just in general but this thread is the reason I'm here in the first place and like everyone else I will strive to get the immersion fixed.

Most posts in Triss threads was just spam with her pictures, videos, posts of adoration. That's why they grew so huge.

As far as I can see, only the first post in this thread contains pictures and videos, and not the other posts on the first few pages that I checked.

Well, if you count votes on polls outside this forum, then the other thread also has more than 4600 "yes" votes. And the fact that it was locked almost 3 months ago probably reduced its exposure to people who would have voted.

In any case, it is understandable if the developers prioritize fixing issues that affect the story or the relationships of the main characters in the game over something that was originally added only as a gimmick because people requested it, and it was easy to implement. The game would not be incomplete if it simply ended after the credits, just like TW1 and TW2. Not having the main NPCs in the game world after the epilogue is also an advantage if they are ever to be included in a later expansion that is designed to be played after the ending.

It should also be kept in mind that those "tweaks" in patch 1.09 are likely to be fairly minimal (for comparison, the leak contains a total of 25 Triss lines, while there are more than 625 in the base game, and those are on average also longer and better written). Adding proper post-ending content would require more work than that. So, any fix to this is only likely to happen after the expansions are released.

As far as I can see, only the first post in this thread contains pictures and videos, and not the other posts on the first few pages that I checked.

Well, if you count votes on polls outside this forum, then the other thread also has more than 4600 "yes" votes. And the fact that it was locked almost 3 months ago probably reduced its exposure to people who would have voted.

In any case, it is understandable if the developers prioritize fixing issues that affect the story or the relationships of the main characters in the game over something that was originally added only as a gimmick because people requested it, and it was easy to implement. The game would not be incomplete if it simply ended after the credits, just like TW1 and TW2. Not having the main NPCs in the game world after the epilogue is also an advantage if they are ever to be included in a later expansion that is designed to be played after the ending.

It should also be kept in mind that those "tweaks" in patch 1.09 are likely to be fairly minimal (for comparison, the leak contains a total of 25 Triss lines, while there are more than 625 in the base game, and those are on average also longer and better written). Adding proper post-ending content would require more work than that. So, any fix to this is only likely to happen after the expansions are released.

We aren't asking for a proper post-ending, an Enhanced Edition is more suitable for that. We just want the three main characters placed back into the world with maybe 3 or 4 new lines and the option to do contracts with Ciri.

Literally for Ciri I would be happy with lines like this or similar.

Geralt: Got a new contract wanna help me?
Ciri: Sure where is it
*Pinpoint location on map*
Geralt: Let's ride together
I'll meet you there got something to tend to first
Ciri: Ok let's go
See you there Geralt

*After contract*

Ciri: That was great, notify me when you find another contract
Geralt: Will do
Ciri: See you soon Geralt
Geralt: Goodbye Ciri

Thats 10 lines yes 10 lines smaller than the 25 for Triss (if that's even true) not much to ask for.

Marcin just said this

"The patch is on the way. Was just looking at the changelog and it looks really impressive - the list of changes is massive. The update will bring a lot of fixes and improvements including PS4 performance (as well as other platforms) plus many more. We ask for a bit more patience."

The thing I can pinpoint is "the list of changes is massive" hope it's massive enough to return our beloved characters to the world.

Lets hope...but only put them back in the world and say hello will not do it....

When I first joined these forums I made my account for this thread
Me too, and it's still one of my biggest issues with the game...

is it really so hard to create a real satisfying end ?
Damn get rid of the cheap ( and not good made ) slideshow ! Sorry but that is a joke, and not worth called "Game Ending ".

Last edited:
Literally for Ciri I would be happy with lines like this or similar.

Geralt: Got a new contract wanna help me?
Ciri: Sure where is it
*Pinpoint location on map*
Geralt: Let's ride together
I'll meet you there got something to tend to first
Ciri: Ok let's go
See you there Geralt

*After contract*

Ciri: That was great, notify me when you find another contract
Geralt: Will do
Ciri: See you soon Geralt
Geralt: Goodbye Ciri

Thats 10 lines yes 10 lines smaller than the 25 for Triss (if that's even true) not much to ask for.

You're asking for to much. See this is the fear that developers have, "If we open the door to free content and major fixes for several months to a year they will demand demand demand, ask ask ask, and it will never stop. Then they will get mad and not buy our product anymore if we don't do what they demand. So best not to give any free content and limit bug patches to small things and or game breaking thing only." CDPR is seeing this and probably learning their lesson.

---------- Updated at 05:40 PM ----------

Marcin just said this

"The patch is on the way. Was just looking at the changelog and it looks really impressive - the list of changes is massive. The update will bring a lot of fixes and improvements including PS4 performance (as well as other platforms) plus many more. We ask for a bit more patience."

The thing I can pinpoint is "the list of changes is massive" hope it's massive enough to return our beloved characters to the world.

You're ignoring what he already told me personally that they aren't going to be doing it.

He was probably referring to the people that said they want a complete mission instead of the storyboards, I'm asking for the main characters to be placed back into the world.

He was probably referring to the people that said they want a complete mission instead of the storyboards, I'm asking for the main characters to be placed back into the world.

Dude no he was not. Here is the whole conversation:
" Quote Originally Posted by VegitoReborn
Hello there, I was wondering if CDProjektRed was going to change after the credits and epilogue of the game to suit better what the game tells us after the epilogue is finished.

It says that the game has been reset in the world to just before the events of the last chapter. Well if this is true then all of Geralt's friends and lovers should be around still that Geralt did not let get killed or didn't kill himself. The only people (maximum) that are around still are Vernon Roche, Thaler, Dandelion and Zoltan Chivey.

Yennifer of Vengerburg, Triss Merigold, Kira Metz, Phillipa Eilhart, Dudu, Avallac'h, Croch's Son and Daughter, Dandelion's Girl Friend, Ciri, Lambert, Eskel...etc These people should be still able to be contacted after the epilogue. Yet they are all gone vanished from the game yet you guys left the other four in the game still.

Eskel and Lambert should be at Kaer Morhen. Besides that is where they said they were going and they were not killed in the last battle. Triss Merigold should be in Novigrad packing her things but still there getting read to go to Kovir (if you didn't send her off with the sorcerers and the like). Yennifer of Vengerburg should still be at Kaer Morhen as well getting ready to leave for where-ever. Ciri should be at either the bar in White Orchard still or at the castle in Vizima or dead. Dudu and Dandelion's Girl Friend should be at Dandelion's establishment. Avallac'h should be at Dandelion's establishment getting ready to go back to his world or at his secret lair on the island in Skellige. Croch's children should be in the mead hall of Kaer in Ard Skellige (unless you sided with the other guy and they all got killed). Kira Metz should be at Kaer Morhen and Phillipa Eilhart should be back at her laboratory in the woods.

Without these things we don't get to see how things played out with our friends. The final story board isn't enough to see the effects of choices in the world for Geralt's friends. There should be dialogue with these people as well just like with Dandelion and Zoltan Chivey. Even if it's repeat dialogue or new short lines.
Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will forward it to the dev team however there are no plans to change anything that happens after the credits.

Kind Regards,
Marcin "

Empty ending (spoiler)

idk if a forum has been made about this already but i spent a good 70+ hours searching for the main characters throughout the story.
during this time i felt very emotionally attached to these characters and congratulate cdpr for portraying them beautifully.
but after all this time i invested into the story the characters just vanished after the epilogue and i spent a good hour searching for ciri, triss, zoltan, the witchers and etc but i found noone and was only left in an empty kaer morhen. this made the game very empty for me and made the universe not feel the same and as a result detering me from continuing to play.

i hope cdpr could reincorporate the main characters after the epilogue as they built this universe which i enjoyed and spent so much time connecting with these characters. without them the experience just doesn't feel the same.

Last edited:
idk if a forum has been made about this already but i spent a good 70+ hours searching for the main characters throughout the story.
during this time i felt very emotionally attached to these characters and congratulate cdpr for portraying them beautifully.
but after all this time i invested into the story the characters just vanished after the epilogue and i spent a good hour searching for ciri, triss, zoltan, the witchers and etc but i found noone and was only left in an empty kaer morhen. this made the game very empty for me and made the universe not feel the same and as a result detering me from continuing to play.

i hope cdpr could reincorporate the main characters after the epilogue as they built this universe which i enjoyed and spent so much time connecting with these characters. without them the experience just doesn't feel the same.

No matter the ending of the game that you get Zoltan Chivey will be back at Dandelion's new establishment in Novigrad. Dandelion will be there too. The rest of the friends of Gearalt and acquaintance are mostly "gone" accept for Vernon Roche, Thaler and Ziggy (forgot his last name). These three are dependent on which person you sided with. In the event that you sided with King Radovid none of them survived accept for Zoltan Chivey and Dandelion.

Top Bottom