[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
i for one would PAY, and quite a bit, for a DLC that could implement a re-tooled "post-ending" with the sorceresses/Zoltan/etc.

i mean the disappearance of all the major players is rather off-putting. i understand that with the ending sequence in the Wild Hunt Geralt's either dead or retired, but still, shouldn't be too hard to "retcon" it so that he simply says "a few more quests to finish up before i go to the cottage/inn of our dreams...and i'd love to have you- Triss/Yen- along."

Notes on Improving the End Game

Hello,

Let me start off first by saying that the Witcher trilogy was an amazing journey, from the original to the second to the third it was a breathtaking story all its own, with characters so life like and interesting I wish I could meet them in real life. Which is why I am posting this discussion today, I know there are others like it but I would like to make my thoughts known so I can try to make a great game even better, and if I don't make my thoughts known I'll always wonder... "what if?".

Anyway, down to the topic at hand, I am posting this discussion today because I would like to see a change in the end game, as the title professes, before I go into detail I would just like to say that it is your game CDPR and I cannot and I do not want to force you to do anything, I am simply trying to pass along some notes on what I think would make the game better, and I do believe some others agree with me. I will never forget the first time I beat the game, the story had "rolled back" before the last chapter I believe and I was just there... alone in Kaer Morhen... I would like to stop that from happening again.

You may see some reviews for the game and people say "The ending broke my heart" or something along those lines, and I do not believe people say this because it is particularly sad, but because it's over. When playing a game like this you never want it to end, it has an amazing story, heartfelt characters, beautiful locations, and a realistic atmosphere, and I believe I know a way that can alleviate some of that heartbreak.

I propose that there be a place after the main story where Geralt and his supporting cast can hang out and talk (Kaer Morhen, Dandelion's Tavern, or perhaps a brand new location), or take part in some activities (like Gwent), or perhaps even a few side quests pertaining to them. Maybe even a little fun in the sheets with your particular love interest ;) , there are still quite a few things that could be resolved amongst the supporting characters and if this truly is Geralt's last outing (which deeply saddens me to be honest) then some closure between all of the characters is well deserved, in my opinion.

Some things i think could be covered in an end game area could be the Geralt-Triss-Yennefer relationship, especially if you go with Triss because
Yennefer throws a bed out the window, and that probably means she has a few residual feelings... to say the least ,
you may also include Ciri in that conversation considering she sees Geralt as a father and Yennefer as a mother, so she might feel a bit torn between the two. Also you might talk to Lambert and Eskel about
what happened with Vesemir, and what will happen to Kaer Morhen (yes I know they touch on it a little bit after the battle, but they never really go into detail, I also know that Lambert and Eskel seem to set back off on the path after the battle so that /might/ not work, but it's just a thought).
Or, one of my favorite parts of the game
was the "guy time" Geralt, Eskel, and Lambert have before they lift Uma's curse, when they get drunk and play games and have the stupid ideas, it was hilarious,
so maybe something like that perhaps with Zoltan and Dandelion (or anyone else).

I realize that changing the ending like that probably wouldn't be an easy task, such as getting the voice actors together and no doubt having to pay them for their work, as well as the animation of any scenes and dialogue, so I understand if the answer is no, but I would be remiss if I didn't get my thoughts down and see if I can make a change.

Those are just a few ideas and there are more, but at risk of having this discussion drone on forever, I should probably just leave it there, if anyone reading this has an idea and would like to post it feel free, this discussion will need support if we want to easily get CDPR's attention, I have posted this to the Witcher 3's steam community page as well so if you would like to support both that would be much appreciated.

Thank You for Reading.

tl;dr: I would like to reintroduce Geralt's supporting cast back into the game after the main story ends, please show your support so CDPR can see this.

Steam community link: Apparently i cannot post links because I am a new user, but if you look in the Witcher 3 steam forums and type in the search bar "Notes on Improving the End Game" you should find it.

Last edited:
There is already a thread that discusses this topic, however, comments from the developers indicate there are no plans to add post-ending content to the game with the main NPCs. Also, the epilogue for the witcheress ending was at some point planned to include more than just Geralt and Ciri, but this has been cut - however, it is a change that could have been intentional for artistic reasons.

ive created an account just so i can show my support of some DLC to fix this...

ive only just gotten back into witcher 3 recently as ive been super busy with work and other stuff.anyway i got sucked in hard over the last couple of weeks and finished it last weekend.i was pretty happy with the ending (ciri becomes witcher,geralt with yen) but then when i spawn back in i discover im all alone in the kaer morhen....kinda feels like geralts been abandoned...fair enough ciri might be out travelling the world doing witcher contracts but where is gezza's love interest?? at least put her back in with some dialogue. really ruins the immersion for me unfortunately. and that sucks cause this is an awesome game.. ive read heaps of forums about this and a lot of people say that the post ending free roam is set just before the last mission. but i dont think this is true because according to my quest log,the last missions are completed and archived.even the small mission where ciri gets her witcher sword.

on another note, maybe thats why we are going to toussaint in blood and wine?.....looks like a perfect place for a special wedding hmm? (HINT* HINT*) and weddings are a great place to catch up with all your closest friends (WINK* WINK*)

Only immersion killer for me is when Philipa killed Radovid but the Redanian army still stomped about saying "long live Radovid" and the witch hunters continued to harass people...

Hope dies last....right ? Right ?!
To early to give up :p

After B&W is so much time left, so i think something is coming. Sooner or later.

Couldn't vote on the general poll as I strongly disagree with "The Witcher 3 otherwise is a RPG masterpiece", but did vote on the detailed vote. :)

Only immersion killer for me is when Philipa killed Radovid but the Redanian army still stomped about saying "long live Radovid" and the witch hunters continued to harass people...

actually, if you play HoS after main game, soldiers know Radovid was dead.. (Witchhunters still harras people, officially, they were independent, Radovid only provided support but "didnt controled them" (book sword for witches) )

"Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas." That line gives me a little inkling of hope...

A more complete quote:

"This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further."

So, whatever those additional ideas are, they are about increasing the sales of the game (so they are aimed mainly at those who did not buy it yet), and that can be achieved in a number of ways. It could be something simple like a "GOTY edition" bundled with all the DLCs and expansions at a discounted price. Or the same with some additional features sold as an "enhanced" edition. Or more free DLCs - especially since it is said at the end of the article that "we don't want to exploit gamers for their money (which is what many other gaming companies do)".

A more complete quote:

"This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further."

So, whatever those additional ideas are, they are about increasing the sales of the game (so they are aimed mainly at those who did not buy it yet), and that can be achieved in a number of ways. It could be something simple like a "GOTY edition" bundled with all the DLCs and expansions at a discounted price. Or the same with some additional features sold as an "enhanced" edition. Or more free DLCs - especially since it is said at the end of the article that "we don't want to exploit gamers for their money (which is what many other gaming companies do)".

I'd prefer fewer free DLCs and they fix the existing issues in TW 3 so Geralt gets the type of game the character deserves that ends his saga. If that means an actual enhanced edition and they charge existing customers for it, so be it. I'd be willing to buy the game again just to enjoy a more challenging, better written game that is less action and more RPG.

Last edited:
Top Bottom