[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I completely fully agreed with you (I actually merged by GOG account with this forum so I can write this).

The game feels so empty. When I completed the Something Ends, Something Begins quest I waked up in Kaer Morhen and after 2 min I literally started running around and screaming in myself "Where are everyone, where are you folks?".

It's weird, but everytime I try to continue exploring, do contracts, I get a really bad feeling in my stomach like the world in the game is sad, empty and lost. It's actually difficulty to continue playing.

Guys, I don't know if this is already known but you can find Keira in Velen!
This differs
I am guessing your Keira didn't go away with Lambert.
Mine did and she is not in Velen, assuming you meant her usual spot near Midscope.
But I found her, she is in Kaer Morhen at the spot where you have the funeral after the battle, you'll have to jump over the wall to get on the other side.
This probably is a glitch, but I am not complaining.

Finished game a few hours ago. Tried to do a few contracts... Well I have to say that I'll play from the begining rather than continue after the ending. During the main story I was happy to do everything and then return to the main quests, but now there is just nothing. Tried to talk to a few people I found... Keira, Dandelion, but nothing, empty dialogues... no Triss, Ciri, Zoltan.. even Yen. I never liked the idea of playing game after main questline because I just loose all interest in game. The story is over, nothing holds me to go on, just restart and repeat with different decisions. (not at all I almost always decide the same, just can't do the opposite.)

Guys, you nailed. I am sorry, I just read first 3 pages, but I expect it's all the same :) I believe I read something like it's going to be in the state before the last quest, fair enough, but shit is heart broking :D Waking up in the empty castle after credits, obviously, w/e the ending you had was a really ice cold shower, I was feeling like after a breakup :)
THIS is how Geralt will end up ? After 8 books, series, movie, 3 games ? HOLY SHYT!
I finished the game on Tuesday(Death March, fapfap), I didn't play since, well, I explored the Morhen neighbourhood, true and then went to sell the stuff :) I know it will not be the same feeling, I would really LOVE to be able to switch the world into the state that reflects the ending ( 3 states, really :p) and devs showed us they can do it already, military tents in White Orchard and stuff.. I would like to be able to talk to my friends, it's still the same game after ending, true, but suddenly it's colorless and in shades of grey (rly hate the 50-thing that is offering itself here).
I know we were waiting extra time for this game and I am glad they did it as they did, game is thrilling and absolutely awesome, best one for me in my 25 years of gaming, hands down, but please make some EE of DLC - w/e, I will be taking a break from the game for some time, 130 hours in 8 days were intensive, also I need new graphic card :D but currently, I don't really feel like continuing :(

---------- Updated at 07:55 PM ----------

Finished game a few hours ago. Tried to do a few contracts... Well I have to say that I'll play from the begining rather than continue after the ending.
Exactly, man. This is exactly what I am feeling, I would prefer to slowly progress this time (totally my bad, but you shouldn't have done the game so immersive, I couldn't stop with main story from the half of the game :D dayum you ) and just explore everything this time, leave the main story as the real-real end, just play later for DLCs and exp. packs :/

EDIT:
also, wanted to say, I am bit sad about the decision to abandon the Kaer Morhen. It's wrong, man.. Vesemir's legacy, live there, try to repair and rebuild, train NEW witchers, because there will always be evil lurking in the shadow ) Instead, you find wolf's head carved into stone, let's say nearby with a comment: almost washed out, couple more decades and it will be gone.. just like witchers.. please don't :D

Last edited:
Found a way to "fix" this. Reloaded a 15 hours earlier save and my motivation is back. Ciri chills at the market place in Novgirad, and Yennefer and Triss are relaxing in their rooms in Dandelions inn, so I can see and speak to them whenever I want. And I know they are there.Additionaly I can still do this wonderful quest, in which Ciri and Geralt spent time together in Novigrad. This gave me the motivation back to do the 60-80 hours of sidequests, monster hunting quests and all the other activitities I was missing before. Just did a fantastic sidequest involving a haunted house and a earth genius:)

Last edited:
I actually didn't have a problem with this
I don't know of any game that lets you explore new content after the endings and talk to characters again, the story is finished
There was no need to transport as back to Kaer Morhen the game ended after the story ended (in my opinion)

I would have liked a more extensive Epilogue though and to talk with all the important characters again (much like Dragon Age Origin's party epilogue)

The point being made in this thread is that the game has neither ended or even in a place before it. It is literally in a state of limbo. That is why when you finish, sure you can see the post that its in a pre-end game state, but effectively this is not true, it isn't. It provides no closure or ability to continue playing after the end game, which is what we want since I know I for one will be getting all the DLC, and I just want to do that DLC in a world that actually acknowledges that I played in it. That's what this game does... its a major part of the game, I literally would save multiple times to experience different dialog's and decisions to make sure I made the right decision for me and my game.

I would keep jumping back and if I didn't like how something played out I would jump back and change it. Because I cared about the characters and the world, I thought I was making. As I have now said multiple times, just adding the characters back into the game would be a fix. One better as well as the one I really do hope they do would be, having the game in the state just after your 3 main endings, and one that I really don't expect... having the game completely morph into the world after the story board at the end.

Sure you can go back and restart your game, sure you can take your time going through, but ultimately it's going to stay in your head that you will end the game in the same fashion and will be all alone in Kaer Morhen with no characters, and this is a game I want to play after I finish it. I don't want to have to keep making New games, I am looking forward to the DLC and the Mods that will come out for this game and I don't want to have to play all the impending awesomeness, with a none progressed character. I want to play with my awesome character which I have worked hard to level and gear and who I have kinda grown attached to as MY character and with MY story, it is after all an RPG and hence the name of the thread, having that end game state that is neither here or there literally destroy's the immersion.

I can also tell you that the amount of satisfaction after finishing the game, and being in a proper end-game state will leave you a lot more satisfied and fulfilled then, well, how it currently is.

Last edited:
The point being made in this thread is that the game has neither ended or even in a place before it. It is literally in a state of limbo. That is why when you finish, sure you can see the post that its in a pre-end game state, but effectively this is not true, it isn't. It provides no closure or ability to continue playing after the end game, which is what we want since I know I for one will be getting all the DLC, and I just want to do that DLC in a world that actually acknowledges that I played in it. That's what this game does... its a major part of the game, I literally would save multiple times to experience different dialog's and decisions to make sure I made the right decision for me and my game.

I would keep jumping back and if I didn't like how something played out I would jump back and change it. Because I cared about the characters and the world, I thought I was making. As I have now said multiple times, just adding the characters back into the game would be a fix. One better as well as the one I really do hope they do would be, having the game in the state just after your 3 main endings, and one that I really don't expect... having the game completely morph into the world after the story board at the end.

Sure you can go back and restart your game, sure you can take your time going through, but ultimately it's going to stay in your head that you will end the game in the same fashion and will be all alone in Kaer Morhen with no characters, and this is a game I want to play after I finish it. I don't want to have to keep making New games, I am looking forward to the DLC and the Mods that will come out for this game and I don't want to have to play all the impending awesomeness, with a none progressed character. I want to play with my awesome character which I have worked hard to level and gear and who I have kinda grown attached to as MY character and with MY story, it is after all an RPG and hence the name of the thread, having that end game state that is neither here or there literally destroy's the immersion.

I can also tell you that the amount of satisfaction after finishing the game, and being in a proper end-game state will leave you a lot more satisfied and fulfilled then, well, how it currently is.

I hope we will get another side-quests missions with main characters for maybe 5-30 hours (expansion pass provides us with 10 and 20 hours storylines, I can be wrong, so why just don't provide us with other missions too?). I really hope they will do the same storyline with each main character, do you think it's a good idea?

So sad

First off, wanna give credit to SwedishHousePlayerXL(Youtube name) for bringing me here and 09talamonteo for making this thread.

I played the game, loved the game and I had a bad case of the onions when the "Snow White" shi happened.
I almost feel cheated in the truest sense, because the game ends. The game shouldn't just end, there should be options when you leave them out there.
This game does that and it feels horrible. I honestly feel The Last Of Us is THE greatest game/story EVER. But the game ended and didn't really leave any openings to continue.
Witcher 3 on the other hand, just gives you "what happened", credits and your chilling with Roach, ALONE in an empty castle with NO ONE.
Honestly, WTF?!?! So both your Witcher brothers who have done nothing but hang around there the entire game, vanished.
Can't get in touch with Ciri, Yen, Triss etc. This is BAD to say the least and this isn't even the worst part.
You play as Ciri for about 20% of the game and NO MORE after. WTF?!?!?!
How can you do that? Just give the player Ciri to play and afterwards, you can't do nothing with her or even find her.
That is like giving a person a bit of really good steak and then you eat the rest in front of them.
She is THE most powerful person in the game and has NO ceiling what so ever.
There are sooooooo many things you could do with her, its just a let down.
So all and all, I'll play the story again, just may take my time and see all the endings.
Just sad that this game could've been better and they let us down like this from the get go sucks.

I hope they are listening and they'll have DLC to fill all this in, especially seeing they just dropped that alternative Yen clothing.

I recently completed The Wild Hunt and I must say that I loved every moment of it. However the world feels hollow, empty and relatively dead upon completion of the game.

My main issue is the lack of quests upon completion of the main story and everything that surrounds them. Of course if you have completed the game then you will know that the vast majority of the main characters VANISH. For some reason this fails all parts of quests or whole quests themselves which irked me a little as it feels as though the game is limiting my freedom by saying 'if you do not do this when I want you to do it then you will not be able to continue it and forfeit all the precious XP'. One good example is a quest which involves card collecting in Novigrad for Zoltan. I could not find Zoltan after the game and I know he was not dead but yet his quest was failed. I could not see logic in this. Upon completion I should've been able to return to Novigrad to get the final necessary gwent card for Zoltan and complete the quest.

By the time I'd completed the game I had finished all available contracts, visited all the unknown locations and completed all side quests (excluding gwent). As far as I can see this leaves the world with very little left to do.

Forgive me for saying this but for example: I like how Skyrim worked in terms content upon completion of the main game. It had a sort of tier system that gave a lot more content and continued immersion.

At the top we had the main questline (storyline),
followed by faction questlines (Brotherhood,Thieves,Companions,Mages, and the war),
next we had random NPCs who had their own quests (some major characters including too),
and finally the generic quests.

It would be nice to see something similar to this in The Witcher. Notice boards should have new contracts with scaled up enemies to give you challenges at higher levels, allowing you to gain more and more XP to access higher level gear and weapons. It would also have been nice to have seen main characters with more unique quests as well as plenty of generic quests.

In terms of the characters having more generic quests I've seen some good ideas posted by Avery Vas Mirage. The following is from his reply on the thread The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice

1st
'I personally would love to a smiliar system to the Skyrims Nightmother. She gives you quests without end and you can stop when you're tired, start again if you want to.

'his would be the best Way in my opinion to react to the mentioned "spending time with your lover".
Put Triss to Kaer Morhen, give her random Missions for example: Treasure Hunts (get really rare herbs for her or what-not), Rare Encounters (a rare monster is nearby or wanted by her). You complete them and get a reward, lets say a weapon, armor, herbs if you need, even romantic scenes. i wouldnt mind if they take the animations from the courtesans, Yen and all the other Female Characters, and place them on Triss. Hell Triss could also travel between places and leaves a letter on the Bed or her last location indicating where she might be.

3rd:
Maybe a Interaction as with Lambert and Eskel just with everyone. Invite them to Dandelions Tavern and have some fun.
They get stupid ideas and do hilarious stuff.'

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...mance-s-choice?p=1714777&posted=1#post1714777

**so much text**

Yeah, Skyrim was awesome like that, not only due to the faction quests, but also the completion of the storyline. You could still interact with people and ask them about how things are going(after the ending of Skyrim).

The world in Skyrim totally changes after completing the main storyline, which is awesome, and would be cool if we would have something like this in the Wild Hunt.

Glad to see that more people are coming and this is getting notice

I have spread this thread by reddit and Youtube to try to get people's attention

I do believe that the more we speed this around the better!

You should probably hit their facebook site aswell, I believe they answer every message that gets sent out to them. :)

/** To much text, else the Forum explodes **\

Kudos to that post. Describing what i felt when i finished the game right there!

Was wandering around only to find myself reloading to the latest savegame before "The Last Wish".

Now that i think deeper about it, it would be hilarious having everyone that agreed to meet at "Dandelion´s" (tavern) walking around Drunk doing stupid stuff just like Eskel and Lambert only to have one sober character (Avalach maybe) being like: :facepalm:

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/CDPROJEKTRED?fref=ts

I've sent a couple of questions before, they do indeed answer.

Do they? I hope they will answer to us too so if someone gets an answer from them, let him type here and provide a screenshot so we can know about the progress.
By progress I mean: Are they starting to make dlc missions with main characters? Is it a secret? If they started making missions will it be at Expansion Pass?
I don't know what to expect from devs so we just really want to see their answer and maybe help them to choose how to make those missions longer and breathtaking.

Dear everyone,

First of all, I felt exactly the same way you did when I finished it. It felt as though I needed more closure, even though I got plenty with my tavern ending. I really wanted to see the world in an end game state, out of vanity maybe. While playing I felt that I was making all these important decisions. Seeing the reversion pop up kinda undermined it.

On the other hand, the fact that so many of us had such strong emotional reactions is only a testament to how beautiful and immersive this game is. I personally shed a few tears when I saw Ciri at the tavern, It was a very bittersweet moment. I have never had a reaction that would even come close to the level of pure depression I experienced having realized that this beautiful story is over.

I would personally even pay 5 bucks just to see a small DLC that adds an end game world state to the experience. No actual end game content, just a new "skin" that allows you yo see how this beautiful world looks after your personalized epic finale. The characters that survived should all be in Dandelion's tavern, waiting to play Gwent with you :)

One question also: If there is basically no post-finale content (I have two level 33+ contracts left in my journal) , why do I have a couple of level 40+ diagrams in my crafting book? The expansions will presumably add a ton of items on their own, why would you have diagrams that are basically impossible to take advantage of?

Having said all that, Best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing :)

Last edited:
Nope, in the dialogue with her you talk about her being with Lambert, but I'll give you the exact spot where she is in bit.

Top Bottom