[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Feel the same as OP. I was depressed as f*ck after the game finished.

I wanted to play Gwent with Zoltan! I wanted to hunt monsters with Ciri! Wanted to get drunk with Eskel! Wanted to meet Yen and Triss!

Instead, I meet with a hollow world. All of my friends are gone. Everything is ripped away from me leaving me a shell of the person I was.

How sad - Abandoned by his friends and forgotten by everyone else, Geralt, an edge to the Sword of Destiny, dies alone.

I totally agree about the high level gear. Took me ages to reach Harpy (level 37) and there is Gnomish Gwyhyr at level 44 too I believe? (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only easy way to reach the level 40 items that I know of is to visit the NexusMods site for TW3 and download a mod allowing you to change the rate of xp gained by monster kills and quest rewards. I've installed it and I think (not entirely sure if I've got the mod working) I've managed to change the quest reward xp to 9 times the original rewards.

yeah, i agree. the game builds up such a strong connection with all these characters just for them to disappear afterwards for no reason. like, why could i not continue using ciri as a playable character in the world? or play gwent with zoltan? or just interact with the other characters in some way shape or form.

yeah, i agree. the game builds up such a strong connection with all these characters just for them to disappear afterwards for no reason. like, why could i not continue using ciri as a playable character in the world? or play gwent with zoltan? or just interact with the other characters in some way shape or form.

Would be nice if we could continue playing as Ciri. She was so much fun to use. Once you finish the game does Zoltan vanish also? I could not find him back at Dandelion's cabaret place. All I know is that the game force failed his card collecting quest for me, so I'm assuming he has vanished.

Guys i feel the same as most of you. I finished main quest with happy ending and now im very lonely/depressed in this sandbox world. Not because story ends but we get unfinished business. We was not even able to talk to most of characters after ending.

We got world from Battle Preparations quest milestone.
Nilfgaard still in Vizima/Valen. and White Orchard
We have bugged Keira at Kaer Morhen, Zoltan and Dandelion at tavern, and new King/Queen at Skellige.
Other witchers are on path - thats ok at last we have say goodbye to them.
We are missing our romance partner Yen/Triss.
If sandbox would be in post- "Wild Hunt Fight" world we could speak about fate of every character.

So basically it's save game before Battle Preparation with Geralt gear and experience after main quest MINUS Characters.

Remember its RPG
I see 2 options
1 You can play side quest like this is prequel to main story - before you get letter form Yennefer. You have your two buddies Zoltan and Dandelion and your witcher path.
But why Kaer Morhen is empty and destroyed then?
2 You try to pretend this is world after main quest where Ciri did her job and you finished your romance. and there was doom at Skellige and everyone dies and now you Lonely Wolf killing rest of monster from Northern realms.
But why we must do it with our imagination? Why CDPR didn't make it easy for us?

Now let's talk why things are like this. Answer is always MONEY?
Why after finishing main quest we get sandbox with pre-"Wild Hunt Fight world"? Because to change whole world to post- "Wild Hunt Fight" would cost effort time and money. Change all locations Novigrad / Valen / White Orchard. (Buildings, forts, banners, soldiers, all textures with coat of arms Temeria/Redania/Nilfgaard ect. ) They changed only White Orchard for epilog purposes - and even that is deleted from sandbox.

Why Zoltan and Dandelion are still around? Because one of future expansion will happen in Novigrad (other in completely new part of world) and they will be part of it. There is no decisions about them in game, so outcome with them is always the same (I'm pissed they didn't finish Priscilla story)
So basically sandbox after main quest is base for future expansion. If they add expansion they don't need to care about your decision (romance/politics/NPCs stories.)
That way it's cheap. That's all.
Other reason that changing world would broke some of quest what was based on political/military background. That is only legit reason - but still we are missing NPCs what are not braking quest.

If you don't have plans to buy expansion, wait for mod who adds NPCs to sandbox (i really hope its possible) and play side quest knowing your friends and lovers are somewhere near you, and Ciri have fate that she chose. Just put Yen/Triss in Kaer Morhen so i can speak with here once per side quest.

Without character, emotions, bonds between Geralt and other NPCs The Witcher world is empty. It's different when characters die and different when they are just deleted because it will be easy to add expansions.

I'm now very disappointed with CDPR because they must know about this issue - i think they have "story beta test", like tv shows when they show pilot episode for closed test group and collect their responses. So they must know how we will feel about that ending (i don't mean main quest) but they still decided to do this.
Story was too good and i couldn't resist myself to not pushing main quest. I did it in 130h and 33 lvl.

I was hoping i could finish other quest later. Game warns you you cant back to side quest after some story milestones. But nobody ever warns that after story ends word is reset to default and most of your Friends are no more, even if they don't die. Its really hard to play side quest now. It really hurts.

They could leave characters in tavern for example even without new dialogue options.

I personally will load save before Battle Preparations quest and finish all side quest and then re-do ending. Save after ending and wait for expansion because my heart is too broken to play game without my Yen! There i said it ;) And i hope they bring back those characters in future expansions. In other case... whats the point. We played this game not for graphics but for story end emotions. Without that its empty and stupid like >insert hated game<

I will recommend to my friends to play side quest before main quest. Better finish game with feeling of accomplished job, story closed and wait for expansion.

Long story short CDPR WHY YOU DO DIS TO US? You make too good story and force us to play side quest later without important NPCs.

PS sorry for my spelling - english is not my native language.... yada yada yada

Last edited:
Yea at this point I"m burnt out for now-- there is not a whole lot to do that is FUN after you do all the gwent card quests and contracts, besides aimlessly wandering around hoping to find a cave

SPOILERS IN THE LAST PARAGRAPH, WARNING

Unfortunately ,most of the effort was clearly put in pre-endgame which means I have to wait a little to get myself in the mood to go back into the game

I've found some pretty cool stuff (like a level 48 Archgriffin on an island off Skellige O_O )

but, unfortunately, the smuggler's caches and tiny side quests aren't quite enough to keep me motivated, as the ones that are worth more than 5 minutes are few and far between at the point of 100+ hours

Again, a simple way to fix this would just be to put in a repeatable action or quest you could do with Ciri, lambert, WHOEVER, something simple, and that would be that-- the problem is I have exhausted a lot of the content in the game

As a side note, the Bridge to temple island is FUCKED end game if you SPOILERS: kill radovid, as the ambush carts you use to block the bridge prevent you from using the fast travel on the bridge itself, AND you can't even get onto the bridge :S and ofc everyone still says long live radovid, etc.etc.

Shame

Agree completely with this, so sad after beating the game and all the characters we had come to know and love were just... gone.
As a side note, the Bridge to temple island is FUCKED end game if you SPOILERS: kill radovid, as the ambush carts you use to block the bridge prevent you from using the fast travel on the bridge itself, AND you can't even get onto the bridge :S and ofc everyone still says long live radovid, etc.etc.
Yeah.. don't fast travel to the area that that quest took place in, you can only get out through a glitch lol (learned the hard way).

Pretty much how I feel OP, but the problem is interacting with all the characters we love wouldn't feel the same knowing everything that's happening post-game is actually taking place before the Wild Hunt is defeated..

I don't feel like playing this game anymore though, that post-game depression is too damn high. I'll probably return around October..

Absolutely! I actually posted a thread about this, before reading yours and I was really frustrated, I CANT AGREE MORE!
Everybody dissappears + I was happy cuz war was over, finally, I mean finally I was going to live with Yennefer! Hunt monsters, bring her flowers etc..

WE WANT A DLC! HEAR US MODS HEAR US!

The purpose of being able to play after finishing the main story is to allow you to do all the side content nothing more and CDPR made this perfectly clear and those quests wouldn't make sense after the war and they would have to radically change much of Velen and Novigrad to accommodate for it.

So really no. You said your goodbyes. Also with Geralt dying, or at least it being heavily implied, in one of the three endings it would make even less sense.

I agree. The end game is rather depressing in it's current state. I spent 3/4 of the game looking for Ciri only for her to be gone again. Also it bothers me that you never see Priscilla again. All Dandelion says at the Chameleon is "Geralt" *sigh* I know my name but how is Priscilla? I really hope CDPR brings back the cast of characters especially if this really is the end of Geralt's journey.

Last edited:
..wow

The purpose of being able to play after finishing the main story is to allow you to do all the side content nothing more and CDPR made this perfectly clear and those quests wouldn't make sense after the war and they would have to radically change much of Velen and Novigrad to accommodate for it.

So really no. You said your goodbyes. Also with Geralt dying, or at least it being heavily implied, in one of the three endings it would make even less sense.

Honestly, I don't accept that. Plus there were just 2-3 missions that "effected" the end. Yes those don't have to change, but adding content to do stuff with your friends and loved ones is what is needed. I know it's a game and all, but spending that time and effort into these characters means so much. Look at GTA 5, you still after the story can interact with your friends(unless you kill one) and that keeps moving on. It's feeling like an end that never closed and new content or Witcher 4 Ciri's Path maybe an option.

Totally agree as well. I spent quite a while after finishing the game just looking for them. Ran all around Kaer Morhen, went to Novograd, then tried Ard Skellige, then White Orchard, then Vizima. Gave up in my loneliness and restarted the game on a harder difficulty. I didn't want to continue doing side quests with no one around.

Yep, that was my ending.
They really need to place Yen, Triss and Ciri somehwere in the world. Even if we don't get any new interaction with them, at least I would know they are there and I could visit them.
Our ending tells us that Geralt and Ciri spent some time together hunting monsters. Why can't we do this? Just place Ciri in one of the rooms in Dandelion's brothel and let me talk to her and give us the possibility to travel with her as a companion. I don't need (althought I would like) any new conversation options. Just roaming the world and doing witcher stuff with her after Geralt haven't seen her for so long would be satisfying.
That can't be so much work and I'm sure if a RedfKit would have been released, there would be a mod for it soon. But so far- doing the 50 hours of sidequests I'm missing in a world wirh no Ciri, Yen and Triss is pointless for me.

Well atleast let us hunt mosters with Ciri or even play as her, after finishing the game where Ciri became a witcheress. You know like in a certain game where you can change characters and hangout with them sometimes, (though I'm not saying that that game is much better than The Witcher 3, cuz The Witcher 3 is the best game for me. CHEERS!!!)

P.S: And its alright if they will let us do that and tell us that the events that will occur afterwards are non-canon. I could totally live with that, afterall the sole thing that I want right now is to see the other npcs and interact with them. :)

P.P.S: I beleive that Ciri did not die even after the bad ending so there is still hope for a witcher 4 with her as the main protagonist. :)

P.P.P.S: I know CD PROJEKT RED will do something about this, all we need to do is wait. Afterall there are many other bugs that they are trying to fix right now and since the game was jus released more than a week ago I think they are still busy with some other fix and patches. So patience guys snd let us give them some time to breathe.

P.P.P.P.S: Thanks to CD PROJEKT RED FOR THIS AWSOME GAME, THE WITCHER 3!!!

Look at GTA 5

TW3 is neither GTA V or Skyrim or even Fallout 3. TW3 had a story with beginning, middle and end, and a very clear end at that. Being able to play after the actual ending, which you don't do in story terms as the game makes it very clear once you arrive at Kaer Morhen would undermine the entire ending and make it FAR less memorable then it is. I hope to never see Geralt or Ciri or Triss/Yennefer in any post ending situation ever because it would completely wreck the emotional impact of the ending.

I get the anger and resentment from people because of the emotional roller coaster that you go through in the end but the endings were ALL about Geralt and Ciri and no one else but them as they say goodbye one way or another. Geralt and Ciri don't walk together into the sunset and have a happy life together since that's far less memorable.

Sapkowski ended the book series with both Geralt and Yennefer dying in Rivia and then being possibly revived, and I stress possibly, by Ciri who went her separate way. TW3 ends with Geralt and Ciri going their separate ways, with Ciri becoming Empress or a Witcher or it ends with Ciri dead and Geralt strongly implied as dying.

It is a sad/bittersweet situation, but this isn't Bioware with happy endings.

If people want to interact with these characters in the open world then just don't do the final main quest, save before it and go do whatever else you want in the main story. The characters you want to see will be on that ship.

Last edited:
Lets stream a podcast bout this matter LOL! or let us just study the elder blood, maybe with that power and with the tech that we have today we could break the algorythm of space and time traveling and thus we can finally travel to their realm and see what happens afterwards. ( think the later option is much easier than doin a podcast tho. Cuz with the podcast we need to pay a lot of stuff and prepare a lot of things)

Why Zoltan and Dandelion are still around? Because one of future expansion will happen in Novigrad (other in completely new part of world) and they will be part of it. There is no decisions about them in game, so outcome with them is always the same (I'm pissed they didn't finish Priscilla story)

How do you exactly know that zoltan and dandelion will 100% be part of the next expansion just because its in novingrad? Does that mean ciri, yen and triss are just gone forever and we wont see them in future dlcs?

Oh u can play as Ciri in the PC version using debug console (meaning its a cheat of some sort).
But how bout our console-user friends? How about them?

WARNING: USING THE SAID TOOL MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO BOTH YOUR COMPUTER AND GAME. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

LINK FOR DEBUG CONSOLE ENABLER:
WWW.NEXUSMODS.COM/witcher3/mods/28/?

Last edited:
I heard about this to and I stayed with Triss throughout and I got the worst and most depressing ending. It wouldn't surprise me if it was another bug as I dealt with way too many throughout my first play through. I'm still just pissed about putting over 100 hours in and getting the ending I got. Ultimate slap to the face. So glad I paid $150 for the CE and more for the expansion pass and CG.

Top Bottom