[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
LOL. Oh CDPR... What were you thinking?

It probably has to do with the fact, that playing after you finish the game, was not planned until later development. So changing the world state for every ending would require a lot of work and time.

Last edited:
It probably has to do with the fact, that playing after you finish the game, was not planned until later development. So changing the world state for every ending would require a lot of work - which they didn't have.

It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

It probably has to do with the fact, that playing after you finish the game, was not planned until later development. So changing the world state for every ending would require a lot of work - which they didn't have.
We are not asking for much, the endings aren't too complex there aren't many factors - 3 Ciri endings, 4 World state, 1 Skelliege, and Geralts relationship. And they don't need to create new maps and buildings. Just simple little things- banners in Novigrad the soldiers uniforms, a bit of after game dialogue, maybe a letter from Ciri. I mean come on, whats that a day work to atleast end the series how it should end.

Last edited:

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

And that's why I now strongly think that, adding after game ending was a mistake, wish you hadn't.

what the players want is to have that part at the end of the game where u see that everything's different
like when u go take the sword for ciri
and u see all the nilfgaardian troops ready to leave temeria etc but reskinnig the whole map could take months and a huge amount of work that they could spend in making the expansions cooler
plus post ending content is always hard to stick with the rest of the stuff when the game has already been released

Thanks for the reply @GingerEffect.
But I think that's not the issue of the majority here (atleast it's not mine). The problem isn't that we don't get to see how we've shaped the world, or that the NPC's don't comment on what happened after the endings, the issue here is that, from what I understand from the message (pic below) that pops when we're dropped in Kaer Morhen, we're in a worldstate before the last chapter of the game happened, but if the last chapter hasn't happened yet, why did every one, you've masterfully made us fall in love with I might add, have already left?
What I would like is what is implied in that message, no ending has happened, thus, everyone should be where he/she was before it.
Don't need new lines, don't need changed banners, just them, so while I wander the immense, beautiful game you've crafted and bump into them, I smile remembering what I've been through with them.

I'm not asking much, am I?

View attachment 15542

Attachments

• Endgame message.jpg
    Endgame message.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 69
We are not asking for much, the endings aren't too complex there aren't many factors - 3 Ciri endings, 4 World state, 1 Skelliege, and Geralts relationship. And they don't need to create new maps and buildings. Just simple little things- banners in Novigrad the soldiers uniforms, a bit of after game dialogue, maybe a letter from Ciri. I mean come on, whats that a day work to atleast end the series how it should end.

I'm not a developer, but I can tell you for a fact, it wouldn't take a day or two. You have to replace all Redanian, Witch Hunter soldiers, things, banners, posters on the wall, everything connected to the Eternal Fire cult, change dialogues, make new dialogues for folks, connect everything to the situation, check if eveything works. That's a lot of work for one of the biggest and the most 'dense' cities in gaming. And that's just one thing.

NG+ was demanded by so many people - so CDPR added it, later in the development. I'm not bothered by it at all, because for me it's impossible to play after the ending anyway.

And that's why I now strongly think that, adding after game ending was a mistake, wish you hadn't.

Maybe it was, but there was a huge demand from people, so they added it. You don't have to play afterwards.

You have a point but there must be a better way to conclude the story than just leaving the player alone in a deserted fortress. Depressing:p

(and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot)
So you think the current solution is the right one?

I'm trying to avoid the word lazy here but I seriously hope you fix this shite in future DLC or Enhanced Edition.

Just finished the game and spawned in the sad, empty Kaer Morhen. (I expected this, as the other witchers were not intent on staying.) I made it down to the travel post, where I noticed a potion icon on the Kaer Morhen map where a certain someone had a funeral held. A short wall hop and I find Keira Metz standing all alone. The only friend Geralt has left in the world! I'll leave the final save with him next to Keira, both consoling each other for their losses.

I think Obsidian did it right with New Vegas, they force a save before the final quest and after the credits that save is loaded, I think that's preferable to being dumped into a world were everyone you know has mysteriously vanished.

Fine then charge us money for it i know its hard but then charge us money tink relly meny people would buy it serious the game feels so desperate

You said you only do if if you can do it right so take you time and do and then put a price on it

Last edited:
Guys, dont worry, The Dev is right, yes, it could have been different, but the Modders can really add a good piece of work in this area, it will be fine for me even without audio on the voices

Dont know but they siad they only do it if "They can do it the right way"

So we don't know we probably need more people to want this and "If they do it" i will not be free so people must be willing to spend money on it

I'm not a developer, but I can tell you for a fact, it wouldn't take a day or two. You have to replace all Redanian, Witch Hunter soldiers, things, banners, posters on the wall, everything connected to the Eternal Fire cult, change dialogues, make new dialogues for folks, connect everything to the situation, check if eveything works. That's a lot of work for one of the biggest and the most 'dense' cities in gaming. And that's just one thing.

NG+ was demanded by so many people - so CDPR added it, later in the development. I'm not bothered by it at all, because for me it's impossible to play after the ending anyway.

Maybe it was, but there was a huge demand from people, so they added it. You don't have to play afterwards.

Replacing the soldiers clothes is no more work than recoloring the model, and I'm not asking for hours of dialogue maybe instead of "Long live Radovid" something else or removing this saying after you assassinate Radovid because it doesn't make any sense. And just seeing the main characters with a little "how are you" chat should suffice, morethan that blank space you feel after such a huge and epic adventure that influenced me (and probably others) over these years

Replacing the soldiers clothes is no more work than recoloring the model, and I'm not asking for hours of dialogue maybe instead of "Long live Radovid" something else or removing this saying after you assassinate Radovid because it doesn't make any sense. And just seeing the main characters with a little "how are you" chat should suffice, morethan that blank space you feel after such a huge and epic adventure that influenced me (and probably others) over these years

I agree, replacing the soldiers clothes would give me my immersion back. I just can't live with the fact that I took out Radovid and his armies are still running the streets.

Dont give up! The dev did not say no just that its very hard but like i said they culde put a price on the dlc/expansion pack

like 35 EUR or something like that

Top Bottom