[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I think we have kind of this situation for those who wants to understand what's this topic about:
Imagine a glass of tasty drink you have paid for. You haven't drunk it ever but your friends recommended it to you. You started drinking it and couldn't stop because you really liked it. Then you wanted to drink more but realised there's no more, it was the last one.

By tasty drink I mean deep storyline from this game. By couldn't stop I mean you wanted to know more and more about the main storyline. After ending you realised that those who you cared about the whole game are gone and you just want to play more missions with them, see them laughing and smiling, playing together and having fun, drinking together with best friends (I laughed so much when I had an option "I love you, Lambert" and he answered: "Come here"). But there's no more for now. I hope there will be more. Moments with crushing a lab with Ciri, playing snowballs with her to cheer her up, drinking with Lambert and Eskel, flashbacks about those moments - those moments and even more wanted me to buy this game so I did and I would never regret it. Never.

Of course I understand that it will be really hard for CDPR getting voice actors, making scripts and etc. etc. but we can wait and someone can pay. For example Expansion Pass provides us with 2 dlc missions for 30 (or more) hours. They will be released until 2016. It costs somewhere nearby the game costs. CDPR can put missions we asking for on this Expansion Pass so more people will buy it even after ending (because I could). We can give ideas to CDPR to help them.

Last edited:
@CDPR at least please consider an expansion (it doesn't have to be an end game world state overhaul) it can be the end you did removing the final chapter, but allow follower support for the main characters, the code is already there in game, I know the RedKit would probably do this and modders will do something similar, but wouldn't it be sooo cool to have Ciri, Triss or Yenn. Lambert or Eskel, or Kiera, Philippa join you.

Make it so, charge £39.99 I don't care and will pay for this endgame featurette.
I guess many ppl will pay extra money for end game content,even if they bought Dls pack(like me).As for me i m ready to pay extra money for end ga,e activities.Quest generators,Witcher school managments ,main heroes back into action and etc)

Hi,

I am sorry I am not a PR representative and don't only tell you things that are PR approved. I speak from my personal experience and outline reasons why we did what we did.

Please remember I could have just not said anything, but I saw that a lot of people are commenting on this...and a lot of people asking why we don't "just" add some more dialog lines to NPCs for after the game, so I explained why it is not as simple as it may seem.

It is always refreshing when a community engages in dialog about a solution to a problem. Often, we may find new ways to approach things, which is why I am here.

I will, in the meantime, pass the suggestion of using the last savegame before the final mission as a starting point for the "After Ending" game on. I think this is a good idea that we can look into for a patch.

As for Expansion content after the main game, I will also add that to the feedback. I outlined in my reply why this is a more expansive change/addition, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

In the meantime, thank you for keeping the discussion civil and for the suggestions and feedback!

---------- Updated at 08:24 AM ----------

I will happily pass on the suggestion to the rest of the team.

Blows, incidetally, were not intended. I merely pointed out the difficulties of the things that have already been requested by people in this and other threads about this topic.

Apologies if this was taken as an insult or attack.

Thanks for the reply Ginger, no offense at all, it's all too easy after the end to go "TO THE FORUMS" without even commenting to you guys what an absolutely brilliant experience the game was, all that hard work I thank you all at CDPR truly. The Witcher 3 is undoubtably the best game ever made to date, for shear scale, and quest related content. It made me laugh and it made me cry, The Bloody Baron holding the baby was a moment I will never forget.

It's also great, and appreciated you come here and read our rants, our frustrations, but you see we have history with these characters, of course expansions to the end would be undoubtably difficult, but just think guys, if you tailor made the endgame to fit the decisions? no other game devs have done this before, mostly due to restrictions you mentioned. I certainly understand your explanation regarding this.

Placing Geralt at Kaer Mohren after the main quest isn't so much an issue, but you could place NPC's who survived back in the world, I think the code would call for the condition, let's face it, us rpg'ers have been let down greatly in the past, Dragon Age/Mass Effect are blinding examples of how to kill off a brilliant franchise, whereas every game produced after the first with DA got worse, the expansions terrible, and with Mass Effect building up to the worst 5 minutes of game development ever made. You guys , please don't do a "Bioware" a simple patch, or even DLC allowing our loved ones to become followers would be absolutely awesome.

Hi,

I am sorry I am not a PR representative and don't only tell you things that are PR approved. I speak from my personal experience and outline reasons why we did what we did.

Please remember I could have just not said anything, but I saw that a lot of people are commenting on this...and a lot of people asking why we don't "just" add some more dialog lines to NPCs for after the game, so I explained why it is not as simple as it may seem.

It is always refreshing when a community engages in dialog about a solution to a problem. Often, we may find new ways to approach things, which is why I am here.

I will, in the meantime, pass the suggestion of using the last savegame before the final mission as a starting point for the "After Ending" game on. I think this is a good idea that we can look into for a patch.

As for Expansion content after the main game, I will also add that to the feedback. I outlined in my reply why this is a more expansive change/addition, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

In the meantime, thank you for keeping the discussion civil and for the suggestions and feedback!

---------- Updated at 08:24 AM ----------

I will happily pass on the suggestion to the rest of the team.

Blows, incidetally, were not intended. I merely pointed out the difficulties of the things that have already been requested by people in this and other threads about this topic.

Apologies if this was taken as an insult or attack.
First of all,great thanks for your answer.
I just wanna add that<try to imagine you or devs on the place of a fan of franchise or at least a player.
So you know,that there will be no more games about Geralt in the close future in fact and in the distant future the perspective of a new game about heralt or even about Witchers world is covered with fog.Wha you will do?
I think you will like to have many activities to do after ending in realesed game .You whant the world where you can stay and wait untill you know the future of the game series.And fortunatly game has this option.i mean the option to make after ending content.
Lets loock back in the past.
Space Rangers.This game was very popular in the world(in Russia in fact).And when devs stopped there development of this series and dev company closed,many people made many mods(in 2014 year we saw Space Rangers Hd edition for example,even with new storyline) .And even nowadays thousands of fans are waiting for this and still playing.
Pirates of carribean(Corsairs).Millions of people still playing(A/M mode-was the most succesfull mode of the game, it added a lot of content,so nowadays people are waiting and playing)
Also there are a lot of others examples of games wich are still alife because of afterend content.(Civilisation,Eroupe universalis.Tes and others)
Many people and even devs are working on it,working on developing new content.And it s succesfull .Very succesfull in moral and economic aspects.

So all of us are waiting for endgame content wich will let us to play our favouritte game and to wait for new games of favourite game series.

I know,that you have your own plan and point of view about Witcher series and game called cyberpunk 2077 but closing Withcer game series -i think is a big mistake.You succeeded with open world(yes there are many restrictions but if player is skilled,it can circumvent them).Ypu succeeded with storyline side quests and many other aspects of the game(exept end content().You have many fans of witcher series(not even fans who know about it only frim games) and you really whant to stop this game series?Despite of its fan,economical success?Its not good option i thick.Thx 4 reading.

So many people are waiting for new games of The Wicher series

Sorry for mistakes in text<but the plot of my message is clear i hope=)

Even though I quoted you in my answer, it does not mean I am only talking to you or only responding to points you made. It's all in this thread and others about this topic though. :)

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks for coming back with an answer. There's a lot of controversy over the ending/end-game states that simply don't do service to this jewel of a game!! What CDPR pulled off is a true master piece. However, some aspects felt a bit overlooked:
- while the Ciri-Geralt thread fully delivered, Geralt's closure seemed too brief; maybe a brief Epilogue quest - much like "Blood on the Battlefield" - in lines with something like this http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Fan_translation_of_Something_Ends,_Something_Begins would have done a better service to this all too cool character we've all come to care about so much over the years
- The Wild Hunt felt a bit overlooked in regards to character development. There's enormous potential in the game's story/moments to have elaborated on Eredin & CO, their intentions, a little bit more of a personal story to them to make the player truly acknowledge why they are such a threat etc.
- For all the build up on the amnesia front, it would have been nice if we could have found out a little bit more stuff about Geralt's time with the hunt, how he got away from them and a little bit more interaction between Yen & Geralt around the whole "abducted by the Hunt" thing & Geralt's sacrifice for Yennefer, riding off with the Hunt
- Iorverth, Saskia & Anais? ..maybe even Princess Adda would have been a nice touch throughout the whole Radovid plot but the first three characters might have deserved a bit more attention maybe

I have mixed feelings towards this game..On one hand I'm blown away by what CDPR have achieved technically and the side-quests are a BLAST!! Nothing even comes close to them in any game EVER. However, I'm a bit let down by the lack of closure due to the fact that CDPR have announced that this was Geralt's final chapter...We need more than a brief slide darn it :)

Sorry if in my flurry of words/ideas I offended anybody. Not intended at all. Have been involved in dev work & can truly understand what changes mean in any IT/dev-related area mean but the gamer/fan in me was dying to get a little bit more on the above points.

If you get the ending where, you and Yenn retire away to a cottage, then I'd like to have that cottage, with Yen.
If you get the ending where Ciri is an empress, she should be able to be contacted in Vizimia and she should have the ability to throw a steward into place and beast hunt with you. If she's a Witcher...Kaer Morhen. One other sugar coating element, would be to see them randomly out and about, attacking monsters or other NPC mages/ bandits. This would especially make sense with Ciri, who would likely be out on monster contracts. This is in line with SKyrim, when your brother's of the Wolf House, and other NPC's are often found on the hunt out in random locations.

Can somebody tell me at which point I should save my game? I do not want to progress the ending until they do something about it, this is my second playthrough so I'd love to know a good point to make a savegame.

Can somebody tell me at which point I should save my game? I do not want to progress the ending until they do something about it, this is my second playthrough so I'd love to know a good point to make a savegame.

Before hoping on the boat to embark on the "Isle of Mists" quests. The game even does it for you before you enter the foggy cave.

Guest 3828033

For example when they make a patch of using the last safe game before the final mission arrives as a starting point and i don't have the savegame anymore,does that mean that i must make a second playthrough to this point before the ending comes and make there the last save game and only then the patch works?

Didn't read all posts here but I'm the one who really felt cold, loneliness and acrid after beat the main story :( It's biggest handicap in games especially if it's rpg genre, just unacceptable.

I think GTA like ends should be a sectoral standart which is you able to spend time with your crew after ending. Just think about it if you can able to;

*Play Gwent,
*Horse race,
*Going to hunt monsters and dividing amount of price percentage by who slayed more monster or grab more point on one monster,
*Able to romance with your lover (whoever you picked) time by time, not always 'cause it get less attractive then :)
*Dialog options about ending thoughts.

and these things should happen if you don't get mad or break up with them during main story. So it's not will harm replay value.

First off, this game is absolutely amazing. I enjoyed it more than any game i played in ages. Everything feels alive and amazing.
Though i do have the same problem as the rest here. When the game ended I got a little tear in the eye as Ciri left to go be empress. Then when i got back into the world the first things i did was to run up the stairs at Kaer Morhen and look for Yen. Couldn't find her. So went to Novigrad, only to see Radovids men still being there when the epilogue even outright says that Nilfgaard banners were flying over the city. Couldnt find any of the old crew, not even dandilion at his own establishment. So i went to Vizima, it still being the same and i figured i got thrown into a world pre-ending. I understand that it would have taken some work, but i must say that i believe this to have been a much better idea. The game is so grand and amazing that i expected there to be at least a world in the state of the story i just created. But now i can't even make myself play the game because it just feels so empty and pointless. I really hope you guys release some DLC or a patch where you tweak the endgame world a bit. Because it doesnt make players want to keep going, and it sort of ruined some of the game for me (dont get me wrong, i fucking love the game).

This amazing game deserves a end game that is enjoyable, not only empty.

And Ciri gave me her sword, should've at least made it possible for me to use it. I don't even have it post-endgame :(

Last edited:
I completely fully agreed with you (I actually merged by GOG account with this forum so I can write this).

The game feels so empty. When I completed the Something Ends, Something Begins quest I waked up in Kaer Morhen and after 2 min I literally started running around and screaming in myself "Where are everyone, where are you folks?".

It's weird, but everytime I try to continue exploring, do contracts, I get a really bad feeling in my stomach like the world in the game is sad, empty and lost. It's actually difficulty to continue playing.

Oh man, i felt the same :( I finished the game 2 days ago after 138 Hours and stop playing because, it feels so lonely, so empty, so sad. I want to do side quest with Ciri and Yennefer, i want Jaskier "real name of Dandelion" and Zoltan stay close to Geralt, i love their company. I guess, i will wait for the 2 expansions to play it again.

First i want to say that i really love this Game. 120 Hours to finish my the first Playthrough.
Its almost perfect but the Ending is just bad....Really bad ...
I mean the Ending "after" Ciris ending.
The ending with Ciri is good but i thought there is coming more.

I could not believe that that was all.

No Party or Meeting with the rest of your Friends..No conversation or Dialogs.....No Changes in the World....
No animated Clip after the Ending that shows a bit more what happend....Come on ! You know how to make good clips.
No Ending Scene with the Woman you choose. You don't see her again...No Dialog no Romance...nothing..
I was looking forward for the meeting with Yennerfer after we nearly died and found true love in this Story...and nothing....
Why is this Game building a Story around relationship? I don't get it....

Sry, but this ruins the Game completely !

Now there is a big hole.....It feels not completed...i must say that i'm really disappointed...
I wanted to start my next Playthrough but now .....Dont see a reason for it....

First i want to say that i really love this Game. 120 Hours to finish my the first Playthrough.
Its almost perfect but the Ending is just bad....Really bad ...
I mean the Ending "after" Ciris ending.
The ending with Ciri is good but i thought there is coming more.

I could not believe that that was all.

No Party or Meeting with the rest of your Friends..No conversation or Dialogs.....No Changes in the World....
No animated Clip after the Ending that shows a bit more what happend....Come on ! You know how to make good clips.
No Ending Scene with the Woman you choose. You don't see her again...No Dialog no Romance...nothing..
I was looking forward for the meeting with Yennerfer after we nearly died and found true love in this Story...and nothing....
Why is this Game building a Story around relationship? I don't get it....

Sry, but this ruins the Game completely !

Now there is a big hole.....It feels not completed...i must say that i'm really disappointed...
I wanted to start my next Playthrough but now .....Dont see a reason for it....

I said it in different thread I think but I´ll say it again. 2 minute slideshow ending is not enough for 100-200 hours long game. Not to mention end of entire trilogy. And I really hope that enhanced edition will fix this. I think I am not far from wrong when i say that majority of folks would like to see what happened to all the major players afterwards. Roche, Sorceresses, friends, witchers, love interests etc. Witcher books had even flashforwards or segments from 200 years into future where someone was talking what happened to characters.

I think that is the main reason behind this thread. It wouldnt sting as much to be put into world without these people if we knew what happened to them.

CDRED already proved they can fix that mistake with enhanced ending in W2 so lets hope they will do it again.

CDRED already proved they can fix that mistake with enhanced ending in W2 so lets hope they will do it again.

didnt they mention somewhere that they didnt want to do an EE? but i hope they think twice on it, i hope they think twice on ending geralt's trilogy like this aswell :p

CDPR already answered to us and the only thing we have to do is wait so don't worry about it. They've seen this thread.
We can help CDPR by giving some ideas (something like I saw Triss Content already). Let us help them, I hope they will agree.

CDPR already answered to us and the only thing we have to do is wait so don't worry about it. They've seen this thread.
We can help CDPR by giving some ideas (something like I saw Triss Content already). Let us help them, I hope they will agree.

Where did they answer?

Personally, I'd be just as happy with more detailed ending cutscenes as I would the ability to interact with characters after the game ends. I imagine that's a lot less work on the part of CDPR as well.

Top Bottom