[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I felt this way but not to this extreme. I mean I got a good ending though, the slideshow did a good job of explaining things, but I just got an empty feeling with seeing Kaer Morhen completely empty after finishing. I still had a lot of side quests to do but once all the main characters are removed and the main story is completed, there's very little motivation to go back to do them. When you spend 100+ hours in a game and get a 2 minute slideshow at the end, it just isn't fulfilling enough in comparison.

I definitely didn't feel bad enough to take shots at CDPR for it though, an empty Kaer Morhen definitely wasn't bad enough for me to take away from the amount of fun I had in completing the game one time. The only bad thing is that it kills immersion and the desire to want to go back into the world after finishing it.

I imagine one of the big reasons it was left this way instead of returning you to the main menu automatically or to an earlier save, is because of a possible NG+ mode coming.
Well I was happy with the ending it was the sad but right one, but I didn't have any slideshow with explanations, there was the witcher logo and then titles and then I pressed escape and was spawned in the empty Kaer Morhen. I suppose I should have waited... will try to load that last save game.

Well I was happy with the ending it was the sad but right one, but I didn't have any slideshow with explanations, there was the witcher logo and then titles and then I pressed escape and was spawned in the empty Kaer Morhen. I suppose I should have waited... will try to load that last save game.

Ahh that's odd that you didn't get a slideshow, must have skipped it maybe. I think it comes right after the playable epilogue after the witcher logo if I recall correctly. I know it doesn't come after the credits though.

Ahh that's odd that you didn't get a slideshow, must have skipped it maybe. I think it comes right after the playable epilogue after the witcher logo if I recall correctly. I know it doesn't come after the credits though.
Ok I replayed the white orchand finale and yes I saw that slideshow, but it contained no mention of Triss nor Yenninfer nor any other character, just the general political situation which was obvious without that slideshow.
If I only new that the game would end that way, I wouldn't even bother with it...

Ok I replayed the white orchand finale and yes I saw that slideshow, but it contained no mention of Triss nor Yenninfer nor any other character, just the general political situation which was obvious without that slideshow.
If I only new that the game would end that way, I wouldn't even bother with it...

As for Triss & Yennifer, just kissing Triss and having sex with Yennifer doesn't seal the romance, you have to tell either one of them or both that you love them during their side quests in order for them to be mentioned in the slideshow I believe.

I do agree with you though, the slideshow is a little short. I didn't feel as disappointed as you because the ending was pretty beautiful in terms of feelings depending on which ending you get, it's just the slideshow needed to be longer for a 100+ hour game.

I had no desire to play the game again after the ending either, but after a couple days I warmed up to it and started a 2nd playthrough. The 2nd playthrough has really helped me cope with it because now I can just go around exploring and not worry about chugging through the main quest because I know what happens at the end.

Last edited:
As for Triss & Yennifer, just kissing Triss and having sex with Yennifer doesn't seal the romance, you have to tell either one of them or both that you love them during their side quests in order for them to be mentioned in the slideshow I believe.
Yes, I understand that. I was going to make my final choice after the completion of the main quest. In a more relaxed way. Without constantly chasing and rushing somewhere. I thought there is a whole game after that quest, the game itself is huge and I couldn't imagine it would end with the main quest. For me - that's where my Witcher 3 game was supposed to start. No rush, lazily completing ongoing witcher deals, enjoying weekly add-ons, traveling and having casual chit chat with the old characters. Maybe even completing some small tasks together... Damnit. Two weeks of beating this damn quest just to hit the wall in the end... Feel like I've been owned by this polish company.

Got the game on 29 May and just finished it yesterday after spending at least 6 hours a day playing it everyday, and I have to say CDPR did a great job and it was truly one of the best games I've played with probably the best storyline ever. I got the ending where Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt moves in with Yen. Right after the epilogue, I found Keira near Kaer Morhen where the funeral was held (door leading to her was locked so i had to jump off a wall). I was able to ask her if she and Lambert were a thing, and that was nice as it showed there was some continuity from previous events. But soon after I got really depressed as I couldn't find anyone else, not even Dandelion at the Chameleon, and this was the first thing I googled.

It's comforting to know that this is a big issue for majority of players who absolutely loved the game, in spite of what the devs think, the end game left a bitter taste in our mouths. I was hoping the two expansions coming would develop the end game (like Skyrim), but from my understanding it doesn't. I mean even Skyrim, without expansion packs, you could see the results of your actions in the end game i.e. who wins the war, what happens when you kill/don't kill that old dragon, what happens to the assassins guild and mini Hogwarts etc, so it's pretty disappointing that Witcher 3, which I felt was superior couldn't provide a satisfying end game. So I'm hoping since staff from CDPR have read this thread that they would consider making a third expansion (paid) or just a new patch which develops the end game.

I mean personally, I realize it will be a big effort to make scenes/dialogues with Ciri whether she becomes a witcher/empress/dies, but at the very least, assuming she is alive, it would have been very comforting for Geralt to receive a letter from Ciri talking about her new life as the Empress or adventures as a Witcher. At least the players know she is alive and safe and possibly enjoying her new role. As for the romance options, I think it is absolutely necessary that CDPR develops an end game where you see Geralt living with Yen/Triss. While I would love it if there was to be some new dialogue where Geralt ask Yen/Triss about their thoughts about what has happened, or where Geralt implies he is bored/empty and Yen/Triss tells him to go kill some monsters (this would definitely fuel my desire to complete the remaining witcher contracts), I'd be satisfied just with the sight of them in the same house, where Yen/Triss can be seen reading a book, brushing their hair, sleeping and the only interaction is them saying "hmmm?' 'Yes Geralt' 'Let me finish reading this' or 'Let's go for a walk later'.

As for outcomes of the war, it is really just a question of replacing banners, soldiers (more witch hunters in other areas if you let Radovid win/ Nilgaardians in Novigard etc) and maybe some random NPCs talking about how better/worse things are. No outcome as a result of Radovid dying was really a poor decision, and was something that should have been dealt with during the end of the Reason of State mission. Just seeing Dandelion, Priscilla and Zoltan at the Chameleon can really lift spirits, no dialogue needed. Lastly, it would be great if Geralt could meet Roche (assuming you sided with him) and get those honors. I can tell that CDPR really take fans opinions seriously, and this is a serious issue in what is otherwise probably the best game I've ever played. So please, for the love of god, fix the end game.

All I want is to have all Geralt friends in Kaer Mohren and play gwent with them, ride horses, drink, take witcher contracts together with Ciri/Eskel/Lambert and have some romance options with Triss/Yen. I really hope that the upcoming DLC in october and early 2016 will add also some extra dialogues and extra side quests with his friends. The empty post-game is really depressing.

Based on many people's response to this thread, it is clear to conclude that
CD Project RED has the ability to create a juggernaut when it comes to an open ended post main story completion game. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has proven that success with the open world and mods and leaving an open ended post main story world.

It'll be a lot of work but more than worth it based on the success of the current game build. The fans want to enjoy casual gameplay with their last chance to roleplay the legendary White Wolf, Geralt.

Nothing but positive results will come from creating an official, post main story game world to free roam it seems.

All I want is to have all Geralt friends in Kaer Mohren and play gwent with them, ride horses, drink, take witcher contracts together with Ciri/Eskel/Lambert and have some romance options with Triss/Yen. I really hope that the upcoming DLC in october and early 2016 will add also some extra dialogues and extra side quests with his friends. The empty post-game is really depressing.
I can read peoples minds, and i'm reading a RED mind, they are making the best toolkit of all times. And implementing awesome things, we'll can play like you want soon.

I do not think so .... and still no response from the devs ...

we already got your money ... trolololol ....
Maybe it was the last time from me....

I'm positive that they do read the thread and take the suggestion into their hands, but we'll never know if our suggestions are being implemented into the game for sure.

There is nothing to fix. Only something to delete.

The whole idea of that post-epilogues free-roaming was unnecessary and pointless from the very beginning.

I really, REALLY hope that CDPR won't waste any resources on this topic. The game has much bigger problems than that.

i just think people don't understand what happens post-game and what purpose it serves, its like any other game with ability to play after ending, meant for you to be able to do some sidequests and contracts you didn't do - that's it, and the timeline isn't after the game, but before the final chapter. The problems that game has in terms of immersion are before the ending, not after.

This game have many big Problems..and this one is one of the biggest...not in your opinion maybe but it still is for maaaaaany players....
Good game with 0815 bad/horrible Ending makes the best game worthless and a waste of time !
No reason to replay it....

And this one has the worst Game ending i have ever seen ...
Indie Studios can make better endings ..And we are talking about the Witcher !

@theta77
Glad to hear..
So i hope something will happen...because its needed

Last edited:
This game have many big Problems..and this one is one of the biggest...not in your opinion maybe but it still is for maaaaaany players....
Good game with 0815 bad/horrible Ending makes the best game worthless and a waste of time !
No reason to replay it....

And this one has the worst Game ending i have ever seen ...
Indie Studios can make better endings ..And we are talking about the Witcher !

@theta77
Glad to hear..
So i hope something will happen...because its needed

Game ends after ending like in previous witcher games and similar other games - easy to understand this.

Top Bottom