[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Which pro do you mean?

Interactivity. The ability to influence pacing. Movement. Exploration. Sense of being there in a space.

All things that games do well, better than other mediums. That is why a well done post-ending character-interaction thing can work well. IF done well.

Interactivity. The ability to influence pacing. Movement. Exploration. Sense of being there in a space.

All things that games do well, better than other mediums. That is why a well done post-ending character-interaction thing can work well. IF done well.

And how exactly did I deny that???

Of course interactivity is a powerful tool. But there are always instances when to use it more heavily and when not. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes not so much. I personally don't think that post ending character interaction would improve much. And then again you still don't need any free play mode for it...

Last edited:
As someone has mentioned before the problem is not the post-game, but it is before post-game and epilogue movie. CDPR could show us a bit more, or let us interact with the main characters. Do some side-quests before we get the movie. Quest with Triss/Yen, where they will prepare for their new life. Quest with Ciri, where we could interact with her in different ways (depends on the ending you got). The ending is just unfinished and there should be more. Undeserved for the Saga, and the player who only knows The Witcher 3 won't understand the problem, but the real fans who has read the books feel bad about the ending, just as I do.

Also, I don't like the post-game. It puts us in the pre-ending world state, and that's dissappointing. We want to live the Geralt's life after the ending in the real world's state, after these grand events that took place in the world. But instead we just go back, and it feels like nothing happened. So why'd we continue playing? Not even interesting.

As someone has mentioned before the problem is not the post-game, but it is before post-game and epilogue movie. CDPR could show us a bit more, or let us interact with the main characters. Do some side-quests before we get the movie. Quest with Triss/Yen, where they will prepare for their new life. Quest with Ciri, where we could interact with her in different ways (depends on the ending you got). The ending is just unfinished and there should be more. Undeserved for the Saga, and the player who only knows The Witcher 3 won't understand the problem, but the real fans who has read the books feel bad about the ending, just as I do.

Also, I don't like the post-game. It puts us in the pre-ending world state, and that's dissappointing. We want to live the Geralt's life after the ending in the real world's state, after these grand events that took place in the world. But instead we just go back, and it feels like nothing happened. So why'd we continue playing? Not even interesting.

Permission to use your quote in my thread.
Basically a short summary of everyone's frustration xD

since I arrive late to the party, i will only say that RED need only pay attention to the high order bit: an empty world left their audience feeling pretty damn lonely.

SOME means of connecting playing the remaining content in a context that does not feel depleted. Like triss/yen etc hanging about while Geralt 'cleans up' loose ends. leave remaining characters at kaer moehen getting ready to go.

Realistic suggestions need to be filtered from the unrealistic...

Please do CD Projekt RED and your fellow community members a favor by ceasing the suggestions involving implementation of a post epilogue game play world. Implementation of a post main story game play world is another topic entirely. As long as it's before the events of the epilogue...

I hope we all realize that this endgame depression stems from an epilouge that really doesn't satisfy you. What we really are asking for here is a bit more of these characters. A little bit more. Why?? Because they were not given the closure in a satisfactory manner. Now I can understand Ciri's epilouge being quick as she is very likely to be a main character next time around but really Geralt's story is also wrapped up in a similar manner. That is like telling Gondor kneeled before the hobbits and then Frodo said goodbye to his buddies and went to the undying lands in the same slideshow way. How good would that be??? Please CDPR, all of this postgame depression can be easily given an end to if you can give us a few cutscenes like Geralt moving into a new home with Yen and a bit of dialouge or Triss going to Kovir with Geralt or something like that. A cutscene closure to some characters would be the best thing. That way we would not be asking for more because we know what happened to these people because we saw it happen. For example, I would have no idea what happened to Triss if I had not watched a video because my Geralt ends up with Yen and in that scenario the player is never told what happens to her. So, a more fleshed out epilouge (which isn't a slideshow) is the best way to go. I also wouldn't mind if it is bundled with the upcoming paid expansion or something. That said, this is one of the best games out there which could benefit from a better closure.

Last edited:
First of all i wanna say,that if this game is the last of witcher series,or there will be a long time before new game in this universe ,then some of my global ideas can make sense.

1.Monster contracts.
Monsters are stoll alife after ending,so iits naturally,that they can hurm people.So at the contract board there shuld be new contracts time to time .This option does not need special audio or smth,just some words in the contract paper.Simple quest generator.
2.Random encounters and situations.Peasants who are resting,wich whant to drinck with travveler(or rob him,there was in game situation like this),mearchants who were attacked by monsters and need help,bandits who attack travvelers or forgotten forts and etc.
3.Tavern life.So our witcher travvels to town where people are drinking in taver,and he can drink with them,have some fun.May be people will be very drunk and try to attack him,or they are orginising fist fights.It will make world much,much alife.Also they shuld have celebrations time to time.
4.Story heroes. it will be great if Geralt friends,will be back.if we can drinck with them,they could joing us in travellings(not because we whanted them to joing us,but because they whant.For example Triss needs a leg of griffon for potion,and she joing us,giving us contract,or Zoltan needs our help for travel from point A till poin B.Also it will be graet to spend time with our love interest,even have sex,drink with them?go for a celebration.But time to time<because everybody has there own work u know=)
5.Treasure hunting,Geralt may find up a map or letter with new treasure place.(random generator,after some time this place or chest or body will f\desapiar)
6.Armor and wearpon.just male new armor sets and wearponns for the game after ending<or make stats of equepmet rais time to time,so player has to change it
7.Fishing.

Now lets talk about great ideas,wich will be great to see in the game,but it will be hard to make them.Also i guess from this ideas CDPR can make new big DLS.
1.Political.Make an opportunity time to time have influense(or bstay neutral) for politic life.It doesnt depend on winning country at all.Every country has its own problems and etc.This goal can be reached with large quest generator,randomiser of sudden events.So time to time we ll have such quest .They can be avaluable from key heroes or from politicans like Roshe or Emperor.just for example the plot of such quest can be the wish of the governor to rise taxi for village.So in this village arries a herald,but peasant dislike this new taxis.So we have an option to help to peasanst (and to earn their love and etc) or to help to their master (to earn his reputation.may be an invitation for selebration in castle )
So there should be some list of repiatable quests wich will occur in different parts of the world,or generator wich make quest from list of words,makin words in text,and text becomming a quest
2.Witcher Schools.Secrets of witchers are no longer forgotten<so each school can raise again.We can mannege kaer Mokhen,Leto can rais his own school and so on.What it all for?Ok we can train new Witchers wich will ficht with monster,we can meet them on roads.Also there are a lot of new quests like help to the withcher,or kill the witcher(cat school became killers,and even in books was a moment about this)Also it will be a start for a new game wich i hope to see
3.Money managment.We need to use our mone.Will it be a new armor or a new carpent on the wall of our home,where we live with our love interest,or a new jacket or dress for celebrations for gerald or his love interest.

I hope we all realize that this endgame depression stems from an epilouge that really doesn't satisfy you. What we really are asking for here is a bit more of these characters. A little bit more. Why?? Because they were not given the closure in a satisfactory manner. Now I can understand Ciri's epilouge being quick as she is very likely to be a main character next time around but really Geralt's story is also wrapped up in a similar manner. That is like telling Gondor kneeled before the hobbits and then Frodo said goodbye to his buddies and went to the undying lands in the same slideshow way. How good would that be Please CDPR, all of this postgame depression can be easily given an end to if you can give us a few cutscenes like Geralt moving into a new home with Yen and a bit of dialouge or Triss going to Kovir with Geralt or something like that. A cutscene closure to some characters would be the best thing. That way we would not be asking for more because we know what happened to these people because we saw it happen. For example, I would have no idea what happened to Triss if I had not watched a video because my Geralt ends up with Yen and in that scenario the player is never told what happens to her. So, a more fleshed out epilouge (which isn't a slideshow) is the best way to go. I also wouldn't mind if it is bundled with the upcoming paid expansion or something. That said, this is one of the best games out there which could benefit from a better closure.

Hit the nail on the head there :)

Last edited:
I hope we all realize that this endgame depression stems from an epilouge that really doesn't satisfy you. What we really are asking for here is a bit more of these characters. A little bit more. Why?? Because they were not given the closure in a satisfactory manner. Now I can understand Ciri's epilouge being quick as she is very likely to be a main character next time around but really Geralt's story is also wrapped up in a similar manner. That is like telling Gondor kneeled before the hobbits and then Frodo said goodbye to his buddies and went to the undying lands in the same slideshow way. How good would that be Please CDPR, all of this postgame depression can be easily given an end to if you can give us a few cutscenes like Geralt moving into a new home with Yen and a bit of dialouge or Triss going to Kovir with Geralt or something like that. A cutscene closure to some characters would be the best thing. That way we would not be asking for more because we know what happened to these people because we saw it happen. For example, I would have no idea what happened to Triss if I had not watched a video because my Geralt ends up with Yen and in that scenario the player is never told what happens to her. So, a more fleshed out epilouge (which isn't a slideshow) is the best way to go. I also wouldn't mind if it is bundled with the upcoming paid expansion or something. That said, this is one of the best games out there which could benefit from a better closure.

yeah, agreed. This short, unsatisfying slideshow destroys anything for me. I also made some examples for changes/cutcenes earlier this topic, for me it will improve a lot.

But i won't also say "no" if there were some interaction with the main characters after the mainstory. However how, but at least the main characters shouldn't be cut out of the game like nothing.

I hope we all realize that this endgame depression stems from an epilouge that really doesn't satisfy you. What we really are asking for here is a bit more of these characters. A little bit more. Why?? Because they were not given the closure in a satisfactory manner. Now I can understand Ciri's epilouge being quick as she is very likely to be a main character next time around but really Geralt's story is also wrapped up in a similar manner. That is like telling Gondor kneeled before the hobbits and then Frodo said goodbye to his buddies and went to the undying lands in the same slideshow way. How good would that be??? Please CDPR, all of this postgame depression can be easily given an end to if you can give us a few cutscenes like Geralt moving into a new home with Yen and a bit of dialouge or Triss going to Kovir with Geralt or something like that. A cutscene closure to some characters would be the best thing. That way we would not be asking for more because we know what happened to these people because we saw it happen. For example, I would have no idea what happened to Triss if I had not watched a video because my Geralt ends up with Yen and in that scenario the player is never told what happens to her. So, a more fleshed out epilouge (which isn't a slideshow) is the best way to go. I also wouldn't mind if it is bundled with the upcoming paid expansion or something. That said, this is one of the best games out there which could benefit from a better closure.

Agree 100%. I said this same thing in another thread. If this is truly the end of Geralts story and the Witcher series such an unsatisfactory ending will not do. There need's to be closure with the last good byes and futures shown/done for all the close characters.

With that being said I do believe keeping the characters IN THE GAME afterwards as well is needed. Adding separate instances for the new homes of Yen/Triss with them being inside waiting for you with some dialog. Many things could be added that I really don't believe would be such a large under taking besides the Political situations which aren't entirely needed, at least for me. I care about these characters, Geralt included, and I don't believe they should've received this type of ending.

Last edited:
I agree with you guys. But how I wrote this, I tried to keep in mind how costly it would be for CDPR. So, I thought this might be the least expensive thing to do with giving us closures to the vital characters. Not even asking for a cutscene closure to Lambert or Keira but for those who we have truly come to love. Besides, I wanted to pinpoint why we are experiencing this sort of weird endgame feeling. In RDR, the situation is basically the same with the endgame content but you can live with it because the story comes full circle. The story feels complete which helps you in atleast giving a little motivation to do what ever is left.

Just finished the main story 2nd time and the information window that pops-up after the game spawns you back to the Kaer Morhen says that "everything is as it was before the last chapter". Am I dreaming or did they change that window? I don't remember such sentence from the first time.

Top Bottom