[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Can't support people calling the game broken just because Yen/Triss, Dandelion and Zoltan weren't there post main story to say 'Well?' or 'Geralt!' a million times.

The title of this thread is called Immersion Destroyer. A large audience depend on immersion to keep themselves interested in game play.

The title of this thread is called Immersion Destroyer. A large audience depend on immersion to keep themselves interested in game play.

Exactly. I cannot get myself to go through a second playthrough or continue after the ending because of the way the ending has been handled. 2 dlcs coming that take place inside the story and 30 hours of new quests? Nah, not interested. Repair the immersion destroyers and I will gladly play second time and buy the dlcs also.

Exactly. I cannot get myself to go through a second playthrough or continue after the ending because of the way the ending has been handled. 2 dlcs coming that take place inside the story and 30 hours of new quests? Nah, not interested. Repair the immersion destroyers and I will gladly play second time and buy the dlcs also.

Exactly my feelings.
I cant start my second playthrough. I cant play it again because i know whats happening in the end....
Again over 100 Hours ?
Nope... My first playthrough feels like a waste of time.

And the 2 big Dlc will not change this...

The sad thing is... this game could be sooo good, but lacks on so many points.
And the biggest problem for me, is the end....

I agree with the posts before me, It's exactly the same way I feel. It's basically the ending that needs more content because in it's current form feels incomplete and rushed.

Myself, I did take my time to do all of the side quests and most of the contracts and treasure hunts and I don't feel like the 10 and 20 hour expansions make me want to do a complete second run if they are just that: new side quests in the middle of the game before the ending.

I can only hope they listen to us if it aren't their intentions already to place them after the ending but before the epilogue so they can add to the main story and give us more closure with Geralt, Ciri and the rest of them.

Also, those new side quests should be set for really high levels I imagine, since most of us by the moment they get released have finished the game. I wonder how they do that. It's another reason I can think of why they shouldn't put them before the ending.

I completely agree with posts before me.
I really hope that expansions will take place after the game ending, because making it before the ending, will make no sense.
Keep posting the suggestions and hopefully CDPR will find a possible solution and put in the game.

I really hope that expansions will take place after the game ending, because making it before the ending, will make no sense.
Keep posting the suggestions and hopefully CDPR will find a possible solution and put in the game.

why will that make no sense? Makes perfect sense, it allows players to play those expansions at any point in the playthrough, which is pretty much how any game has done it. I wouldn't even call them expansions, they are big quests. Big secondary quests.

CDPR should have gave more explanation about it. Never was fond of pre-ending content. But, if the expansion can solve the many questions marks we have after the first playthrough including the empty world issue, then it should be fine. For now, you and me and many other fans are basically in a limbo.

I guess development wise, it's easier to develop. because if you focus on post-game ending content, you have to tweak all the main character to respond to the game's ending (there's like 36 possible ending though only 3 of em is major) because some character died and some character lived as a result of our decision/action.

A post ending content can be done for sure, it can be a quest completely unrelated to the war, a couple of months or years later, in a far away place.
Geralt could be 1-alone 2-with Triss 3- with Yen. Ciri would only be mentioned though dialog.
There. No need to change the entire world.

A post ending content can be done for sure, it can be a quest completely unrelated to the war, a couple of months or years later, in a far away place.
Geralt could be 1-alone 2-with Triss 3- with Yen. Ciri would only be mentioned though dialog.
There. No need to change the entire world.

Yay forum's back online.
Yup, it's possible. 2015 and 2016 is the year of Witcher :)

Pretty sure CDPR will want to part ways with Geralt lifting their heads even higher.

Then no more Witcher for few years, depending on Cyberpunk 2077 success. Interesting to see where this will go.

I strongly agree with all the points.. the game made me fall into a DEPRESSION.. and that's not negative, that's fucking good! I feel so connected to all the characters and I really care about them.. and no game has ever done that to me before.. and it's so heartbreaking that i was put back in time where I have to make all the sidequests.. I would love to speak to all main-npcs.. Geralt's friends.. doing funny stuff.. I loved the personal things like the drinking at Kaer Morhen or the jokings with Ciri.. I would pay another 60 bucks for having just more dialogues and interactions AFTER my ending.. I want to live with Triss and accepting the one or another witcher contract to kill some monsters.. coming back home where she is waiting for me.. maybe visiting Ciri and doing a contract with her (in my ending she became a witcher)..
That would just be fucking awesome..

I loved every minute of this game, including the epilogue but I never seen a RPG game where after doing the main quest it puts your character back in time and rip off all the main NPCs. When I saw again Kaer Morhen fortress without anyone inside I closed the game. It was sooooo sad. I was expected to wake up with Triss at Kovir.

Im happy that the poll is reaching almost 1000 "Yes" votes, it shows how many people have also this "post-end depression".
Since W3 is the last part of the legend, I have some general suggestions to how to rejoice the game even in post-end.
  • Bring back all main characters to the world! (Dandelions Tavern or maybe Kaer Morhen)
  • Have some romance options with Yen/Triss
  • Play gwent (Zoltan, Roche or Dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with Eskel or Lambert, ride horses.
  • Take witcher contracts with Ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
  • Random quest generator (no need for voice acting)
  • Random gwent tournaments
  • Random horse racing
  • Meeting witchers on the trail
  • Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tavern
  • Post-end dialogues and reflections in a DLC
  • More 35+ level quests and monsters

@theta77
@REDDorigen

Last edited:
Im happy that the poll is reaching almost 1000 "Yes" votes, it shows how many people have also this "post-end depression".
Since W3 is the last part of the legend, I have some general suggestions to how to rejoice the game even in post-end.
  • Bring back all main characters to the world! (Dandelions Tavern or maybe Kaer Morhen)
  • Play gwent (Zoltan, Roche or Dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with Eskel or Lambert, ride horses.
  • Take witcher contracts with Ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
  • Random horse racing
  • Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tower

Nothing more to say....

Attachments

• Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 49
im happy that the poll is reaching almost 1000 "yes" votes, it shows how many people have also this "post-end depression".
Since w3 is the last part of the legend, i have some general suggestions to how to rejoice the game even in post-end.
  • bring back all main characters to the world! (dandelions tavern or maybe kaer morhen)
  • have some romance options with yen/triss
  • play gwent (zoltan, roche or dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with eskel or lambert, ride horses.
  • take witcher contracts with ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
  • random quest generator (no need for voice acting)
  • random gwent tournaments
  • random horse racing
  • meeting witchers on the trail
  • listen to singing priscilla at dandelions tower
  • post-end dialogues and reflections in a dlc
  • more 35+ level quests and monsters
yes!!!! This! Please!

CDPR would simply make many more sales if any of the future expansions will be post-ending, because us players feel the content (a proper ending / goodbye for Geralt and friends) lacks there, not in the middle of the game. We're already overwhelmed with enough good side quests before the ending. I'd be happy to pay a good price for that.

Post-game roam doesn't even make sense considering half of the possible endings.

It was added just as a convenience thing. Clean up those contracts you missed, play Gwent without having to rebuild your entire deck, travel around taking screenshots without having to unlock all FT points again, take on those tough creatures you might have missed etc.

It was never meant to be taken as a serious canon situation (The pop-up text box made that abundantly clear to me), and this whole scenario strikes me as the perfect example of, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Post-game roam doesn't even make sense considering half of the possible endings.

It was added just as a convenience thing. Clean up those contracts you missed, play Gwent without having to rebuild your entire deck, travel around taking screenshots without having to unlock all FT points again, take on those tough creatures you might have missed etc.

It was never meant to be taken as a serious canon situation (The pop-up text box made that abundantly clear to me), and this whole scenario strikes me as the perfect example of, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Different ending you say well if made the choices so if when you play for an exempel Ciri dose not return and you are alone not with triss or yen the "post end"expansion would not need to apply to you..

in the end CDPR is a company and its main goal is to make money so i understand that the main challenge whith this is that it cost money and time

then again they could charge us money for it

Last edited:
  • Random horse racing
  • Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tavern

Yesss well said, and im also excited that my poll will almost reach that :DDD. This is an awesome community and glad to hear we all feel the same way for this matter.

|----------------------------THE WITCHER 3 : WILD HUNT timeline ------------------------|
|-----ACT 1------|-----ACT 2------|-------ACT 3-----|------[Epilogue & White Frost]-------|....post epilogue
A................. B................. C................... D.............................................. E

Seems like we have to prepare for the worst which is accepting the game as it is. Above is the illustration of timeline in The Witcher 3, if there is no chance for post epilogue to happen, then the timeline of The Witcher 3 is in lockdown from point A to point E, and after finished the game we're stuck at point D (depression, disappointment, disaster or whatever you want to call it
)

The game is locked at point D and become a sandbox. Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine and any FanMade contents via REDkit will mostly happen there after finished the game.

I still wonder how the expansions will fit in, especially about the enemy level, how if we start a new game and we have the choice of playing it at any point of the game, during act1 or act 2 or act 3 for example. At point D Geralt will be at level 34+

Last edited:
Top Bottom