[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Im happy that the poll is reaching almost 1000 "Yes" votes, it shows how many people have also this "post-end depression".
Since W3 is the last part of the legend, I have some general suggestions to how to rejoice the game even in post-end.

• Bring back all main characters to the world! (Dandelions Tavern or maybe Kaer Morhen)
  • Have some romance options with Yen/Triss
  • Play gwent (Zoltan, Roche or Dandelion), drink (as it was shown on the 10th april trailer) with Eskel or Lambert, ride horses.
  • Take witcher contracts with Ciri following you and telling some stories (stories can be repeated)
  • Random quest generator (no need for voice acting)
  • Random gwent tournaments
  • Random horse racing
  • Meeting witchers on the trail
  • Listen to singing Priscilla at Dandelions Tavern
  • Post-end dialogues and reflections in a DLC
  • More 35+ level quests and monsters

@theta77

Yes this is exactly what we need. Thanks for the precise list, bezlitosny97. I hope CDPR will take it into serious consideration! And CDPR can add too!! The more the better, you know. But that list is a core, that will surely satisfy all of us. I would add the world that reflects your choices made during the game...

Something is happening!

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.jpg
    Skjermbilde.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 41
yeah I wouldn't hold my breath. It's just bug fixes. Our fix will come by the end of 2015-2016, if ever...

Yea, bug fixes and maybe balance optimization... not that I can really be disappointed by that.

The way I see it, if you beat the game and you end up in a cottage with Yen, you should be in a cottage with Yen.

If you told Letho to stay at Kaer Morhen, that's where he should be.

If Ciri is a Witcher, she should be at Kaer Morhen, and found roaming around doing contracts out in the wild(a page taken from Skyrim, where you often found NPC's out and about...hunting, fighting and traveling.

Keira and Lambert I'm not too upset about. They obviously don't tell your their intention, but they should be discoverable out there, somewhere...even, if in DLC.

Eskel only mentions wintering elsewhere, that doesn't mean he can't be in the existing game world, somewhere.

Either way, it would be great if all of these NPC's had a follow/ party option. You can do it on PC, why not PS4 and Xbox? The NPC can clearly pal around with you. On PC you simply type some /follow command on the selcted target and you can take these people wherever you go. I don't see how targeting Triss or Yen and pressing A(Xbox) or X (PS) should be so hard to bind a follow command too lol. SImply press the button, they say, "Yes?" and you select some "I need your help" option.

Last edited:
The way I see it, if you beat the game and you end up in a cottage with Yen, you should be in a cottage with Yen. If you told Letho to stay at Kaer Morhen, that's where he should be. If Ciri is a Witcher, she should be either at Kaer Morhen and found roaming around doing contracts out in the wild(a page taken from Skyrim, where you often found NPC's out of their home zones and out hunting/ fighting and traveling). Keira and Lambert I'm not too upset about. They obviously don't tell your their intention, but they should be discoverable out there, somewhere...even, if in DLC. Eskel only mentions wintering elsewhere, that doesn't mean he can't be in the existing game world, somewhere. Either way, it would be great if all of these NPC's had a follow/ party option. You can do it on PC, why not PS4 and Xbox? The NPC can clearly pal around with you.

There are 36 different variation of ending (though, just 3 of em is major) so to tweak characters to those outcome is an immense task (according to one of CDPR staff). Why? Take Roche and Ves for example. If you let Djiktras kill them in the reason of state, they won't exist. If you saved them, Djiktras would be dead.

That's why CDPR decided to leave the world empty in the first place (their reason? they don't want to put their 'quality' of work at stake). So they opted for an easy option.

The consequences of that action? Many threads on the forum complaining the state of the empty world. It would've been a very satisfying ending if they didn't take it lightly. Sad isn't it.

They should've at least put Yennefer and Triss in the game, because they are our main interest (or perhaps the main reason of our immersion aka the reason to keep playing & hooking up Witcher 3).

Btw 1.07 patch is Fixes not new content.

Last edited:
There are 36 different variation of ending (though, just 3 of em is major) so to tweak characters to those outcome is an immense task (according to one of CDPR staff). Why? Take Roche and Ves for example. If you let Djiktras kill them in the reason of state, they won't exist. If you saved them, Djiktras would be dead.

That's why CDPR decided to leave the world empty in the first place (their reason? they don't want to put their 'quality' of work at stake). So they opted for an easy option.

The consequences of that action? Many threads on the forum complaining the state of the empty world. It would've been a very satisfying ending if they didn't take it lightly. Sad isn't it.

They should've at least put Yennefer and Triss in the game, because they are our main interest (or perhaps the main reason of our immersion aka the reason to keep playing & hooking up Witcher 3).

Btw 1.07 patch is Fixes not new content.

Yeah, I can see the difficulty, but here's the thing. The world you enter after you beat the story doesn't appear to be a "post-story" world anyway. It seems to be the equivalent of Mass Effect, where you are simply just put back in your ship and you proceed as if nothing happened. So, in all honesty, I see no issues with at least leaving everyone as they were in Preparations...all found in Novigrad, in the Inn and in their apartments...that's where Dandelion, Zoltan and Priscilla are found anyway. So that would even be great. Had the world state reflected my story outcome, I'd be seeing far more Temerian and Northerners and Nilfgaard wouldn't have a settlement anymore.

And then what ? People would complain.. can't have sex with triss after ending. They just stand in kaer mohen and talking about how nice ciri handles the politics ( depends on story of course).

Also lame.

Like some of the characters just being there would change something. There is no endgame because it's a story driven game. Finished the Story ? End of the game. I'm fine with this.

Yeah, I can see the difficulty, but here's the thing. The world you enter after you beat the story doesn't appear to be a "post-story" world anyway. It seems to be the equivalent of Mass Effect, where, you are simply just put back in your ship and you proceed as if nothing happened. So, in all honesty, I see no issues with leaving everyone as they were in Preparations...all in Novigrad, in the Inn...that's where Dandelion, Zoltan and Priscilla are found anyway.

Exactly. That's what me and other forumers question about the flaws in CDPR staff post (though it was just an unofficial post).
Doesn't make sense isn't it?

Is it normal to feel depressed after finishing the game? I know it's pathetic but I was kinda depressed for 1-2 days thinking about all these great characters I grew fond of having great moments together for each and every one of them in my journey T_T

Last edited:
Exactly. That's what me and other forumers question about the flaws in CDPR staff post (though it was just an unofficial post).
Doesn't make sense isn't it?

It does, provided CDPR just didn't want to deal with post-game world states at all... which they apparently didn't. Problem is, with a game as huge and immersive as TW3, and with that many side quests, it's almost inevitable that people will want to continue playing/doing quests post-game.

The only thing I can think of as to why post-game is the way it is: CDPR didn't think it was that big of a deal.

And then what ? People would complain.. can't have sex with triss after ending. They just stand in kaer mohen and talking about how nice ciri handles the politics ( depends on story of course).

Also lame.

Like some of the characters just being there would change something. There is no endgame because it's a story driven game. Finished the Story ? End of the game. I'm fine with this.

Well that's precisely my point. Give them use. In the PC version you can simply target the NPC and have them accompany you wherever you go and fight/ venture with you. In Mass Effect you can call your loved on to your cabin and hang out with them. It's that added depth that gives those NPC life and wouldn't be terribly hard with their masterful coding skills. Exactly, just having them there would be rather soulless, but still something at least. Skyrim is another that adds this extra depth. Not only does your chosen interest brew a stew over the fire(not something I'd expect Yen or Triss to do), but, say you romanced/ married Aela, the huntress, she would be randomly seen venturing about the wilds hunting beasts, and sometimes even with your other guild members...in addition to be recruitable for adventures.

I was ecstatic to see Keria hangs out at Kaer Morhen, by way of some bug, no doubt. you have to jump a wall to get to her, but she still stands near Vesmir's funeral pyre and you can still talk to her and have previous conversations with her that you had with her during her Fyke Isles quests, plus a new one I have never seen emerge in conversations past; "Why Lambert?"

Last edited:
Ok so im new here but i made a account to add to the thread, hoping they bring back at least Triss/Yennifer/ciri in some way and maybe Geralts closer friends.
Even if its just to see them and say hi, maybe be able to replay the romance options with your chosen love interest or at least be able to play gwent with them.

I also wanted to say i regret reporting a bug in my end game were Kiera Mets was left behind at Kaer Morhen where Vesemir's funeral took place she even has a icon on the map as Alchemy Supplies, She also has all her previous dialog options available, except romance option :( and i can buy from her like i did at the beginning of the game. I reported this bug before i found out all the other main npc's were gone. But at least i have her to talk to for now :)

I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else? Im on the ps4 version. note that she is in a area outside the castle walls on the bottom right and you have to jump from the walkway inside the castle walls to the path that leads to her on the outside. Once you get to her though the only way out of the area is by carefully sliding down the cliff using quen and health potions to survive the fall or dying lol thats how i knew it was a bug.

---------- Updated at 03:37 PM ----------

I was ecstatic to see Keria hangs out at Kaer Morhen, by way of some bug, no doubt. you have to jump a wall to get to her, but she still stands near Vesmir's funeral pyre and you can still talk to her and have previous conversations with her that you had with her during her Fyke Isles quests, plus a new one I have never seen emerge in conversations past; "Why Lambert?"

WoW lol we posted that at almost the same time. Glad to hear i wasnt the only one happy to still have her around

This is such a weird thread title and complaint. Of course the immersion is broken, because the game is over and its not actively trying to immerse you anymore. Its over. Thats like saying "The taste of my sandwhich is broken" after you finished eating the sandwhich. Of course it doesn't have taste anymore, because its gone!

Am I taking crazy pills? This seems like common sense to me.

This is such a weird thread title and complaint. Of course the immersion is broken, because the game is over and its not actively trying to immerse you anymore. Its over. Thats like saying "The taste of my sandwhich is broken" after you finished eating the sandwhich. Of course it doesn't have taste anymore, because its gone!

what has an sandwich to do with this learn the different Feelings and Taste

Im not saying your taking crazy pills but after the credits and you return to the game, there is a message that says

"The story of Geralt of Rivia has come to a close. You can continue traveling the world in search of witcher contracts and adventure - but everything will be as it was before the game's last chapter, and quests tied to the main story line will no longer be available."

So even the devs are telling us to stay immersed and keep playing and they actually lied, because everything is not the same as before the games last chapter, all the main npc's are gone. i think everyone can agree that a lot of the npc's were still available before the games last chapter.

Top Bottom