[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I just got back from vacation, and I'm impressed with all of the support to change this shown in the poll! Thanks guys and lets keep going. For sure CDPR is listening, Im pretty sure this will be fixed in a future patch or a future expansion.

I haven't read this thread in awhile, but I am assuming you are still wanting CDPR to add a post game state?

They already said they won't. If I'm not mistaken you couldn't play after The Witcher 1 or 2 either. The game is over when it is over, accept that. Play through the game again or reload to an earlier save. The only thing I think they might do is make a longer epilogue (which they should do).

Also, correct me if you guys are now arguing about something off-topic instead of post-game world state now.

You don't understand the point, why so many players have problems with the game ending right now...
Sry but read again...

Last edited:
I haven't read this thread in awhile, but I am assuming you are still wanting CDPR to add a post game state?

They already said they won't. If I'm not mistaken you couldn't play after The Witcher 1 or 2 either. The game is over when it is over, accept that. Play through the game again or reload to an earlier save. The only thing I think they might do is make a longer epilogue (which they should do).

Also, correct me if you guys are now arguing about something off-topic instead of post-game world state now.

*sigh*
First of all, people are unhappy with the way how CDPR handled the epilogue and the empty world. Why? Because the epilogue creates more QUESTION THAN answers.

1). In order to have better epilogue and to address that question, some are discussing about having a pre-epilogue content/DLC to shed more light on the vagueness of the epilogue (check my thread in my siggy if you want to understand more about the timeline) because epilogue takes place weeks after the ending. Imagine this; You didn't have the chance to meet Triss/Yen, then suddenly after going through the main ending the epilogue mentioned "You have settled down w/ Triss in Kovir or Yen in a hut".

YOU NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE YOU SETTLED DOWN WITH THEM. This is why people complain of 'BROKEN IMMERSION". This is just one of the many broken immersion example.

============================

2). Another discussion is about the empty world where main characters (e.g. Yen/Triss/Ciri/Dandelion/Zoltan) went missing and no one is at Kaer Morhen after playing through the game. Not only the immersion is broken, but the empty world made the feeling even worst/broken. It's very lonely

People want to meet these characters even after the game ended because after hundred of hours of being involved & engaged in the storyline, it gives them a personal satisfaction knowing their hardwork were payed off.

CDPR argued that it'll take a long time to reflect all the 36 different possibilities of ending (some people die, some people live).
CDPR thought it's ok to ignore but this is a stupid move. They can just include only the main characters that is influential in the game (e.g. Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Dandelion) at one place (e.g. Dandelion Inn) so players can always revisit them even if they have only 1 - 2 dialogue.

It's like coming home after a long journey, and someone you cared about is waiting for you. In Witcher 3, it's the opposite. Totally kills the mood to play the game.

3). Post-epilogue content/DLC is also discussed because "Once the immersion is broken, it's broken". True, you'll remember it and it's hard to forget it. The post-epilogue content is least likely to happen... but people still wish to see it because:
- It opens opportunity to do side quest/exploration in NEW REGION (i.e. unexplored region of Kovir)
- It makes up for the weak epilogue. Though you didn't had the chance to be with Triss/Yen when they're about to settle down, this DLC enables you to explore a bit about Geralt's life after he retired.

TLDR:
IF CDPR CLAIMS THIS IS THE FINAL TRILOGY FOR GERALT, GERALT SHOULD HAVE A PROPER CLOSURE. THE PROBLEM IS; THE EPILOGUE CREATES MORE QUESTION THAN ANSWERS FURTHER COMPLICATING THE ALREADY BROKEN IMMERSION.

Fans wants CDPR to address this problem, so Geralt's adventure ENDS with a PROPER NOTE INSTEAD OF REELING WITH THE FEELING THAT THIS IS A RUSHED OUT ENDING.

Last edited:
CDPR thought it's ok to ignore but this is a stupid move.

That is pretty much the main problem I have with this otherwise great game. They wanted to make a Singleplayer big huge open world. And they did. But for that to happen they had to ignore pretty much every decision ever made. And they thought that would be okay. And that it is a, nicely put, not-so-okay-decision, and it needs to be pointed out by their fans.

So regarding the Post Game State Problem: I would even be happier if they completely cut out this uncompassionate After-End-Game, because the current one is only a sorry excuse.

And regarding this statement:

I haven't read this thread in awhile, but I am assuming you are still wanting CDPR to add a post game state? They already said they won't. If I'm not mistaken you couldn't play after The Witcher 1 or 2 either. The game is over when it is over, accept that.

How does that help? If people are talking about it, they have a problem with it. "Accept it" isn't exactly what they are after. They will have to, if it doesn't happen, but no reason not to talk about it.

Last edited:
*sigh*
First of all, people are unhappy with the way how CDPR handled the epilogue and the empty world. Why? Because the epilogue creates more QUESTION THAN answers.

1). In order to have better epilogue and to address that question, some are discussing about having a pre-epilogue content/DLC to shed more light on the vagueness of the epilogue (check my thread in my siggy if you want to understand more about the timeline) because epilogue takes place weeks after the ending. Imagine this; You didn't have the chance to meet Triss/Yen, then suddenly after going through the main ending the epilogue mentioned "You have settled down w/ Triss in Kovir or Yen in a hut".

YOU NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE YOU SETTLED DOWN WITH THEM. This is why people complain of 'BROKEN IMMERSION". This is just one of the many broken immersion example.

2). Another discussion is about the empty world where main characters (e.g. Yen/Triss/Ciri/Dandelion/Zoltan) went missing and no one is at Kaer Morhen after playing through the game. Not only the immersion is broken, but the empty world made the feeling even worst/broken. It's very lonely

People want to meet these characters even after the game ended because after hundred of hours of being involved & engaged in the storyline, it gives them a personal satisfaction knowing their hardwork were payed off.

CDPR argued that it'll take a long time to reflect all the 36 different possibilities of ending (some people die, some people live).
CDPR thought it's ok to ignore but this is a stupid move. They can just include only the main characters that is influential in the game (e.g. Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Dandelion) at one place (e.g. Dandelion Inn) so players can always revisit them even if they have only 1 - 2 dialogue.

It's like coming home after a long journey, and someone you cared about is waiting for you. In Witcher 3, it's the opposite. Totally kills the mood to play the game.

3). Post-epilogue content/DLC is also discussed because "Once the immersion is broken, it's broken". True, you'll remember it and it's hard to forget it. The post-epilogue content is least likely to happen... but people still wish to see it because:
- It opens opportunity to do side quest/exploration in NEW REGION (i.e. unexplored region of Kovir)
- It makes up for the weak epilogue. Though you didn't had the chance to be with Triss/Yen when they're about to settle down, this DLC enables you to explore a bit about Geralt's life after he retired.

TLDR:
IF CDPR CLAIMS THIS IS THE FINAL TRILOGY FOR GERALT, GERALT SHOULD HAVE A PROPER CLOSURE. THE PROBLEM IS; THE EPILOGUE CREATES MORE QUESTION THAN ANSWERS FURTHER COMPLICATING THE ALREADY BROKEN IMMERSION.

Fans wants CDPR to address this problem, so Geralt's adventure ENDS with a PROPER NOTE INSTEAD OF REELING WITH THE FEELING THAT THIS IS A RUSHED OUT ENDING.

I could not agree more.
Well spoken.
It just feels not finished...rushed....ruined...

*sigh*

TLDR:

I agree with every word written in the post.
It just feels like our decisions are not so important overall. Devs talk about how our decisions in game will lead to something big, but instead in the most important part of the game we see finished in badly way Act III and not even current world's state. Ok, if that' so hard to fix, then just fix the Epilogue. But ATM both seems so unfinished. For that masterpiece it is total failure. If we will be ignored I just can't imagine playing through the game for a second time, because it'd be no-sense.

I agree with every word written in the post.
It just feels like our decisions are not so important overall. Devs talk about how our decisions in game will lead to something big, but instead in the most important part of the game we see finished in badly way Act III and not even current world's state. Ok, if that' so hard to fix, then just fix the Epilogue. But ATM both seems so unfinished. For that masterpiece it is total failure. If we will be ignored I just can't imagine playing through the game for a second time, because it'd be no-sense.
Yep, before release the devs announced a Witcher game, that we dont have right now....
This will be awesome..that would be awesome....etc etc
They praised it nearly every day in the media...."Everyone can make its own adventure" ....remember that ?

But to be honest and face it...
Not much left....

*sigh*

TLDR:

Could not agree more. Game feels broken and rushed, as if devs just said this is good enough. There must be more to do with Geralts Love life ATLEAST. (before the battle) Yen states she wants to run away after its all over…. instead of being able to follow through with her idea (which is what i expected) we just get bumped forward one week, and thats that game done. such an awful ending to a brilliant game, a game where i want to go and interact with the characters more and more, get to know them outside of battles and quests…. please CDPR look at what every single person is saying. in some respects we all want the same thing to happen with the end game. IT NEEDS TO GO SOMEWHERE, DONT END IT ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THIS :( :(

Ah, ok, i get it. So if a hater guy comes here and tells us about how meaningless and stupid our idea is then we need to shut up. Sure thing!

Also, show me the point in the rules about 'personal attacks' and compare it with my deleted posts. Only thing i posts is somewhat angry comments (which can be classified as "counter-arguments, re-read it if you forgot) but there is no ATTACKS or INSULTS.

A quick note: I'm not a hater.

Thanks.

I just got back from vacation, and I'm impressed with all of the support to change this shown in the poll! Thanks guys and lets keep going. For sure CDPR is listening, Im pretty sure this will be fixed in a future patch or a future expansion.

Patch would be unlikely.
But expansion, yes if we're being optimistic. We might have to wait until all the 16 free DLC's are released. Pretty sure they'll keep us updated about the first expansion, and would give more hints about the upcoming ones.

Does anyone follow "Triss thread" and know what was the answer from devs? I'm just curious what kind of response CDPR gave to such popular thread.

It is very unlikely that they're ignoring threads, especially the popular ones like this one, the thing is as a CD Projekt Red person said, it isn't easy to do something about the problem, even though I do believe that if they want to do it, they can. They've created an amazing game, a massive and beautiful game and I believe in their abilities and skills to improve something that actually needs improving.

I truly hope that they'll do something about it, in my humble opinion the other threads about triss romance and stuff shouldn't be that popular, I do understand that Triss's romance was kinda awful, and that too needs to be tweaked, but the issue that we are all facing here is much more important in my opinion, the game suddenly became boring as soon as I've finished it, and I haven't played at all since then, due to the fact that everytime I do it reminds me of all the main characters I've seen and now do not exist AT ALL.

So, to sum up, I believe that they are not ignoring anything, infact they might aswell be reading everything, and surprise us in the new upcoming patch 1.7, even though I doubt it. But to be completely honest, they CAN do it if they WANT TO.

Besides, a friend of mine once told me: Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer.

I truly hope that CDPR will do something about it.

It is very unlikely that they're ignoring threads, especially the popular ones like this one, the thing is as a CD Projekt Red person said, it isn't easy to do something about the problem, even though I do believe that if they want to do it, they can. They've created an amazing game, a massive and beautiful game and I believe in their abilities and skills to improve something that actually needs improving.

I truly hope that they'll do something about it, in my humble opinion the other threads about triss romance and stuff shouldn't be that popular, I do understand that Triss's romance was kinda awful, and that too needs to be tweaked, but the issue that we are all facing here is much more important in my opinion, the game suddenly became boring as soon as I've finished it, and I haven't played at all since then, due to the fact that everytime I do it reminds me of all the main characters I've seen and now do not exist AT ALL.

So, to sum up, I believe that they are not ignoring anything, infact they might aswell be reading everything, and surprise us in the new upcoming patch 1.7, even though I doubt it. But to be completely honest, they CAN do it if they WANT TO.

Besides, a friend of mine once told me: Difficult things take a long time, impossible things a little longer.

I truly hope that CDPR will do something about it.

I have the same case as well - I want to but I can't play TW3 after I felt the sadness of being abandoned in a world frozen in time after the final credits.
And being thrown at an empty and lifeless Kaer Morhen only makes it worse...

Last edited:
I must be psychic.... as soon as I got into the castle, I just knew I should stop playing, and wait until the expansions.
I fully planned on playing around after the credits, but when I saw that message about it being 'pre-ending world state'... that was the end for me!!

Finished the game with Ciri as empress, Me and Yen off to hang in the bath and all is happy and nice... 10/10.

Top Bottom