[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I doubt though if they will bring Yen/Triss back into the game.
But it might be more plausible if they intend to include it into an expansion.

But well... we'll see :)

A petition isnt a must (i think this thread is like a petition 98% of the posts are to bring Ciri,Yenn/Triss back and we are Growing every day with new people Who want the same thing) because the REDs allready know about this issue. We just want to know something from them.

A petition isnt a must (i think this thread is like a petition 98% of the posts are to bring Ciri,Yenn/Triss back and we are Growing every day with new people Who want the same thing) because the REDs allready know about this issue. We just want to know something from them.

I think that's exactly it- it's something they are already aware of. It's now a question of whether it is something that's possible to do.

If it is possible, then I'm starting to think this may be implemented in a future DLC, because of the sheer size of the update. Possibly something akin to the 'Broken Steel' expansion for Fallout 3 (for those who know what I mean). I don't think it's simply a 'patch-up' job.

At the end of the day, it's about giving such an epic saga the ending that it deserves.

Just finished the game, Nilfgaard won, Ciri is a Witcher now which made me happy, and that I was dropped into the empty Kaer Morhen, reminded that Vesemir died, both my friends who used to spend winters there are gone... And it instantly killed all the joy I got from finishing the game.

If you are sad after end game, you can always have a round of Redanial Herbal in Novigrad Chamelion with your two pals Zol and Dan. They are still in game. Still can't find Priscilla.

If you are sad after end game, you can always have a round of Redanial Herbal in Novigrad Chamelion with your two pals Zol and Dan. They are still in game. Still can't find Priscilla.
That won't change anything, the ending was joyous, Ciri was alive, well and happy with Geralt, I mean those flashbacks she had at the end snow fight, destroying the lab, Geralt being there for here. And that we end up in abandoned Kaer Morhen reminded of all the dead and those who went their own way. The worst possible follow up on something that happy.

If it is possible, then I'm starting to think this may be implemented in a future DLC, because of the sheer size of the update. Possibly something akin to the 'Broken Steel' expansion for Fallout 3 (for those who know what I mean). I don't think it's simply a 'patch-up' job.

At the end of the day, it's about giving such an epic saga the ending that it deserves.

We all know this isnt easy, but for now we will be happy hust to have them back for hunt and other stuff with Ciri/Yennefer/Triss. You know just to be able to play the game again (And maybe in a future they could add some quests and new dialong) but for now just want them back in a post end like we said in many posts before this one. Soon they will realese 1.07 with new Geralt movements a thing that i want to try but i cant because i cant play the game.

Maybe its a lot of work but they should have done it befor releasing the game.
Like what where they thinking?
"Hey guys lets delete every main character after beating the game, the player will love it!"
Putting them back in is just a start but not a solution, even if its costs them a month of work it has to be done.

I understand where you're coming from and I can see there's a whole lot of people who agree with you. I do too, but I will not criticize CD Projekt Red so quickly because other than the post-ending state, I feel they have made the best game I've ever played and I'm very grateful for the experience.

But I do think there's a reason for the way it is done. They probably didn't want to make a post-ending world since if you had other quests that you didn't complete, it might get a bit messy trying to see which quests still work in that post-ending world and which ones wouldn't. I'm sure most of them could work fine without any changes, but maybe there might be some. And also remember that they have more dialogue voice acted in this game than 4 average novels. So you can't say that it was due to lack of effort. Having to record even more dialogue to account for the separate endings might have been just the straw that broke the camel's back. You don't know, you were not involved in the development process.

But you know, they did sell very well, and there's enough fans clamoring for more. Maybe they will add more content later via add-ons? I surely will not argue against that, haha. :p

I hope so Slagman, that they'll add addons. I know that they've worked hard for it, but we're merely suggesting for something to be added in the future, I doubt that a patch will work, as I've suggested in a thread that I've made by myself, it would be better if this could get fixed with a dlc.

But I do think there's a reason for the way it is done. They probably didn't want to make a post-ending world since if you had other quests that you didn't complete, it might get a bit messy trying to see which quests still work in that post-ending world and which ones wouldn't. I'm sure most of them could work fine without any changes, but maybe there might be some. And also remember that they have more dialogue voice acted in this game than 4 average novels. So you can't say that it was due to lack of effort. Having to record even more dialogue to account for the separate endings might have been just the straw that broke the camel's back. You don't know, you were not involved in the development process.

Well, that's why when we had a poll about post-game roaming, I was adamantly against it. It is bloody hard to do it properly, not just dialogues with the characters, but changes in the world as well. I find it beyond stupid that after Nilfgaard won, and its flags are supposedly all over Novigrad, we get Novigrad that is completely unchanged. WTF??? If the devs decide to do it, at least do it right. Or not at all. If they just finish the game as soon as the main story is done, there would be less complains. There are enough problems with characters and a plot as it is, and the last thing anyone needs is a completely nonsensical post-game.

Well, that's why when we had a poll about post-game roaming, I was adamantly against it. It is bloody hard to do it properly, not just dialogues with the characters, but changes in the world as well. I find it beyond stupid that after Nilfgaard won, and its flags are supposedly all over Novigrad, we get Novigrad that is completely unchanged. WTF??? If the devs decide to do it, at least do it right. Or not at all. If they just finish the game as soon as the main story is done, there would be less complains. There are enough problems with characters and a plot as it is, and the last thing anyone needs is a completely nonsensical post-game.

If they just boot you back into a pre ending save it would be lazy and something that CDPR would not do, they're good devs. Also if you don't want a post ending game and don't support it then you don't have to post here, this thread is for supporting post game.

Clearly people are voting for post-game roaming.
Meow

Also if you don't want a post ending game and don't support it then you don't have to post here, this thread is for supporting post game.

Huh? Did you read the title of this thread? It is called "immersion destroyer", not a "post game supporter thread", and a less than adequate post game is one of the greatest immersion destroyers, at least for me.

Clearly people are voting for post-game roaming.
Meow

Evidently. So we have it. Enjoy.

Well, I do not really complain, because I simply finish up everything before I finish the main quest. But we sure as hell would have had less complains without having post game at all.

Last edited:
If they just boot you back into a pre ending save it would be lazy and something that CDPR would not do, they're good devs. Also if you don't want a post ending game and don't support it then you don't have to post here, this thread is for supporting post game.

Why are you afraid of different opinions? This is a forum and as everywhere else in this World people are always happily invited to differ.

I even think he has a point that IF CDPR brings the post epilogue state they should at least do it right, or not at all. I for one would rather have a Black Screen than a concession which they are not convinced of.

Edit: But to clarify: I'd love a real Post epilogue state.

Last edited:

You are pretty much right, by ending the story and allowing us to play further it means that it doesn't end when the story end, that there are lots of things to "do" which means that this game was supposed to be played more, even after the story, but the thing they did with the characters prevented me from doing so, but come on, at least Ciri, go for hunting, yen/triss, romance, or whatever there are so many choices and ideas behind it, if they decide to do it, they'll either do it properly or not at all because there was an official cdpr reply stating that they like doing this right, instead of leaving them unfinished, so yeah.

You are right and i would love to know the reason for this but they wont say it.
If they did not want to make a post-ending world, then why did they make one?
I have seen a blackscreen after a lot of games and it worked out, i was happy about the game and was hoping for another one to continue the story.
And it is not hard work to add the main characters back into the game and give them the alrdy available dialogues, they can do this in less than one day.

But there cant be any reason to not have them in the post-end world.
If they would have been there with the already exisiting dialogues.. a lot of people would not complain so much about it.
Because they could add something new with DLC´s or expansions.

They had to make it better after this amazing game and they could have if they wanted to.

Its not about changing the world state, for me it can be as it is, but its about the main characters. I am with the Witcher since the books and I can say Im 'in love' with all of the characters because they were created just perfectly. So I all want from devs is to bring back all these characters to the post-end and have some interactions (hunting, gwent etc) with them. So, for me its no need for changing the world (i do not really care who won the war, I just want to have our beloved characters back, thats it.
sry for my bad english.

Its not about changing the world state, for me it can be as it is, but its about the main characters. I am with the Witcher since the books and I can say Im 'in love' with all of the characters because they were created just perfectly. So I all want from devs is to bring back all these characters to the post-end and have some interactions (hunting, gwent etc) with them. So, for me its no need for changing the world (i do not really care who won the war, I just want to have our beloved characters back, thats it.
sry for my bad english.

Same here, during the story we dont spent so many times with the characters we love so why dont give us the chance to spent our time in post main-story with them.
I'm agree with you and many others here, we dont care so much about the world to change just want them back with some interactions (hunting (Ciri), romance,qwent etc.) JUST FOR NOW so we can all return to the game and play it.
Then maybe in a future is CD Projekt RED want to do something more complete they could add new quests like Ciri's training or someting else like more dialogs and so on. BUT for now just put them on without changing the world.

Top Bottom