[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Same here, during the story we dont spent so many times with the characters we love so why dont give us the chance to spent our time in post main-story with them.
I'm agree with you and many others here, we dont care so much about the world to change just want them back with some interactions (hunting (Ciri), romance,qwent etc.) JUST FOR NOW so we can all return to the game and play it.
Then maybe in a future is CD Projekt RED want to do something more complete they could add new quests like Ciri's training or someting else like more dialogs and so on. BUT for now just put them on without changing the world.

EXACTLY !!!

On twitter, Marcin Momot and CD Projekt don't answer when I talk about Ciri, Yen, Triss come back :(

Why they don't answer ?? :(

The state of the world after the end of the story line

I think, many people have decided to continue playing the game after completing the story line.
I am among these people. During my vacation time I tried to complete the story line and as many quests as I could, completing everything in 79 hours. I can't say anything's wrong about the story line. In mine - Ciri became the princess of Nilfgaard (the best ending to my mind), Radovid is 6 feet under, Temeria has restored status quo, Yenn is living together with Geralt and so on.
And that's where the huge disappointment came.
I hoped that after completing the story line I could spend a couple of hours on weekend just enjoying the scenery, cruising around and completing whatever quests are left.
You can imagine my surprise when I found myself in a totally empty castle (Kaer Morhen)
At first I thought that I'm supposed to look around and Yennifer should be around.
I was not looking for some new quests, which may be connected with her, but for here mere presence, because it was clearly stated after the game that after defeating the Wild Hunt they have not parted with Geralt (Yenn is neither in the castle nor anywhere in the world).
A checked the map and saw a symbol of Alchemy supplier. He was somewhere near the castle.
I tried to go to him, but all the doors I tried were locked. The solution was simple - I just jumped off a castle wall and ran to the location where I've seen the marker. I was ready for anything - for Yenn waiting for me there, some secret merchant, but there was Keira Metz! She was just staring in front of her, not moving for a whole day (at the spot where funeral pyre used to be). You can trade with her or ask everything you've asked in the story line.
Ok, it's a bug. I submitted a request to support.
This is what I got back:
<Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. This is not a bug - this is as designed.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,
Grzegorz Arwar>
Guys! Are you serious? Yenn is gone and Keira is staring at the scenery because it's your plan?
That's a shitty plan. But honestly I was not surprised, because it's the same response I got for my troubles with FPS in menu (fixed in patch 1.05)
Then I moved to Novigrad, they're still having "Best Non-Human BBQ" feast.
How's so? Radovid has kicked the bucket, but people are still going crazy? Is it a habit now?
I moved to the White Orchard. As I've expected, everything stayed the same there. Nilfs everywhere, Temeria is beyond the law and Nilfgaard's nobility together with soldiers and two guys, breaking Temerian lilies with their pickaxes are still in the Temerian castle.
To complete, I'd like to say that the impression of the game was badly spoiled.
There's nothing wrong with the story line, but the world after it is totally identical to what it used to be. But taking into consideration that winter has passed, it must have been a whole year.
What I want.
We need as many people as possible to vote in this topic (thread was merged, thanks Dragonbird) and then the whole crowd (or at least, the majority) should send their disapproval to the developers, asking to read this topic and fix the issues. And that's a matter of principle, as I think. For me, as an admirer of both games and book series this is a serious drawback and after completing the story line The Witcher 3 is absolutely unplayable. I tried to complete a couple of quests, but with that paradoxical an illogical world it's no fun.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-31 13-42-07-91.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-31 13-42-07-91.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I don't like what they did to Eredin.
I REALLY don't like thow act3 was so rushed.
But, I hate,hate,hate that you don't have your favorite npcs around after completing the main quest. Depression ensues.

Otherwise, i really enjoyed the game.

I read the first post with the quotes from RED, and voted in the straw polls. Sorry, I don't have time to read all 120 pages, but I wanted to voice my opinion on the issue.

My opinion is once you complete the main quest, play through the epilogue, and see the storyboards the game and the story is over. Done. If you want to keep playing load a save prior to going to the Isle of Mist, or start over.

Expecting RED to do anything other than simply placing the characters back into the world (with no additional dialog related to the endings) is unrealistic, and even that seems unnecessary to me. The "Have the end-game world post storyboard with changes implemented on the world" is, well, absurd. The amount of work that would entail is staggering.

If it were me I'd eliminate the entire issue by forcing a manual save immediately before going to the Isle of Mist (it's currently optional). After the credits ask the player if they want to load that particular save in order to keep playing, or go back to the main menu where they can load whatever save they wish.

Why unecessary? Maybe for you but not for us. It's very importanto for us to have them back even with no quests but just with some options like hunt,qwent,romance and a house (Triss at the shop and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen or some other house).
Why should i after the best ending (Ciri witcher and Yenn) be forced to load a previus game just to do the same stuff over and over again completly alone? When i can go hunt some f.ing monsters in Ciri company and then maybe go and visit Yenn.
We dont care about all the world it dont need to be changed (except for Novigrad witchhunters) to not be "forced" to play the same secondary quests and contracts alone in a new game or a previous savegame.

Why unecessary? Maybe for you but not for us. It's very importanto for us to have them back even with no quests but just with some options like hunt,qwent,romance and a house (Triss at the shop and Yennefer at Kaer Morhen or some other house).
Why should i after the best ending (Ciri witcher and Yenn) be forced to load a previus game just to do the same stuff over and over again completly alone? When i can go hunt some f.ing monsters in Ciri company and then maybe go and visit Yenn.
We dont care about all the world it dont need to be changed (except for Novigrad witchhunters) to not be "forced" to play the same secondary quests and contracts alone in a new game or a previous savegame.

TOTALY AGREE with you, why cant they just put them in the game like you and many others are saying.
I just cant understand why @cdprojektRED dont want to put them back in the post main-quest game, i finished the game but still have a lot of sub quests and contracts to do. I had not done them before because i wanted to do them with Ciri after the witcher end but no, same thing for Triss-Yenn. Some people says that we need to start the game again. Why? to play same quests and contracts alone?

I just cant understand why RED is ignore this problem and all of us.

I support this idea and I have did the same topic in the famous website french jeuxvideo.com :)

The topic have been at the top on the forum for the developers react quickly !

---------- Updated at 08:35 PM ----------

Look at that : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-27238-40094668-1-0-1-0-ma-suggestion-aupres-de-cd-projekt.htm

I have did the same topic in famous french website http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-27238-0-1-0-1-0-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.htm

And this topic is at the top on the forum !!! :)

i finished the game but still have a lot of sub quests and contracts to do. I had not done them before because i wanted to do them with Ciri after the witcher end but no, same thing for Triss-Yenn. Some people says that we need to start the game again. Why? to play same quests and contracts alone?

Did you seriously believe that this would be even possible?? Wow, you are such an optimist! :hatsoff:

I don't remember any info from CDPR about such an awesome feature. My take always was that it will be EXACTLY like in the main game. I just hoped for some post-game character dialogues, and some cosmetic world changes. Well, we did not get even that. Sure, it is a bit better than Far Cry 3 where you can keep adventuring after being sacrificed :), but not by much.

It is nice to see so many threads about this huge problem. We are growing every day REDs cant ignore us (I hope so).

Did you seriously believe that this would be even possible?? Wow, you are such an optimist!

I don't remember any info from CDPR about such an awesome feature. My take always was that it will be EXACTLY like in the main game. I just hoped for some post-game character dialogues, and some cosmetic world changes. Well, we did not get even that. Sure, it is a bit better than Far Cry 3 where you can keep adventuring after being sacrificed , but not by much.

Ahaha Yes i'm an optimist because we are talking about CDPRED but who knows maybe even thay have changed.

I have asked to jeuxvideo.com to do an official article about this huge problem ! I hope so that they will accept !

I think that is a good idea. We can ask some game services to share their thoughts about this problem in an article. Im not talking about big game services like IGN or something, but smaller like EGMNOW or maybe some in our countries were we live. Hopefully, maybe some of them will share, link the thread and spread out our feelings.

Last edited:
We must to do the same thing on the differents websites that we know for share this huge problem ;)

The problem could be huge but so far it is not well supported. We need a dedicated Reddit and Steam thread, polls and more people in the conversation.
We also need a consistent OP reflecting something we agree on so far. Ok, basically we need the tactic and compassion as it was in the now-closed Triss-thread.

In Reasons of state is Dijkstra fate and choice really rushed and blank, without explanation. As I read somewhere on reddit; This part of the quest annoyed me. Dijkstra outright states that he's rubbish in a fight. And instead of using his brain to take out Roche, Ves and Thaler, he suddenly decided to attack everybody with an axe. How does someone who is touted as one of the most brilliant minds in Redania, if not the most brilliant mind, decide that attacking two of the most accomplished fighters in the north is a good idea. This is especially puzzling if you sided with Roche in Witcher 2, where he shows himself to easily be equal to Geralt in sword skills, which is incredibly impressive.
The idea that Dijkstra would be that stupid is just silly. And the excuse of, "oh he was assuming Geralt would stick to the stereotypical witcher neutrality" just makes it worse. Someone as smart as he is supposed to be would not fail to account for every possibility.
The quest would make a lot more sense if poisoned everybody, and depending on previous choices, you could have been able to figure it out and warn Roche beforehand. Otherwise, you'd have the option of walking away, or taking revenge on Dijkstra for killing your friends.

Triss went to Kovir in all of the endings.
Yennefer is somewhere in the north in all of the endings. This is the easiest one.
Ciri's in three of endings: 1) never came back 2) went to Nilfgaard (the city), not Vizima 3) becomes a Witcheress

Please enlighten me how are you going to bring them back in post-game without breaking any of the endings? Isn't that immersion breaking?
If you want CDPR to bring them back in post-game and acknowledge whatever happened in the game (I saw some people mentioned this), then the timeline of post-game roaming must not be set before the last chapter (ACT 3) of the game. Meaning that CDPR will have to redo at least two of the endings in this game just to have them in the games.

Triss went to Kovir in all of the endings.
Yennefer is somewhere in the north in all of the endings. This is the easiest one.
Ciri's in three of endings: 1) never came back 2) went to Nilfgaard (the city), not Vizima 3) becomes a Witcheress

Please enlighten me how are you going to bring them back in post-game without breaking any of the endings? Isn't that immersion breaking?
If you want CDPR to bring them back in post-game and acknowledge whatever happened in the game (I saw some people mentioned this), then the timeline of post-game roaming must not be set before the last chapter (ACT 3) of the game. Meaning that CDPR will have to redo at least two of the endings in this game just to have them in the games.

Ok i'll explain you:
Triss yes she went to Kovir but before this there can be a part of here staying at her shop in Novigrad (like preparing to depart)
Yennefer it says they went north is can be Kaer Morhen (lets say it everyone expected to find her there after the end) and be able to talk to her, romance her and there can also be an option to past the night like the meditation with her.
Ciri 1) Obvious.
>2) You can recive like a letter in wich she told you how is she and how is to be a Empress. And she maybe stay in Visima for some time so you are able to talk to her.
>>3) Ciri becomes a witcher in this case you can find her in Kaer Morhen with Yenn or at the Chamaleont in Dendalions,Priscilla and Zoltans company and maybe some tavern to be able to hunt and do contracts with her (like: Hey lets go hunt or make some money) then after the hunt go drink something in a tavern or in the other two places i mentioned before.
Things i suggested can be done in not much time just to put them back for Now ( cause every day there is someone who ended the game and it is in our same situation) then maybe in future they can add some quests like Ciri training (for witcher) some more dialogs and other quests for Yenn/Triss ( in a fuuture this can also be done by moders but to start we need to have them back).

Top Bottom