[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
For the French people, this is a message for jeuxvideo.com :

Bonjour,

Je vous contacte à propos du forum The Witcher 3 de jeuxvideo.com et y compris le forum officiel anglophone de ce même jeu.

Je n'ai pas pour habitude de vous contacter pour ce motif ou pour n'importe quel autre motif d'ailleurs mais cela me tient à coeur.

Ce qui va suivre risque de vous spoiler la fin de The Witcher 3 donc vous pouvez arrêter la lecture si vous le souhaitez.

A la fin du jeu The Witcher 3, quelque chose a fait réagir la communauté du jeu, que ce soit ici sur JVC ou sur le forum officiel. Cette chose est la suivante : Geralt se retrouve seul et nous sommes projetés avant la bataille finale dans Kaer Mohen.

Cela ayant dérangé un grand nombre d'entre nous et touché surtout les fans de la série qui ont lu les livres et fait les deux premiers jeux, nous avons décidé de réagir.

D'abord ici : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer

Puis sur JVC : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-27238-40094668-1-0-1-0-ma-suggestion-aupres-de-cd-projekt.htm

Le topic a même été épinglé peu après : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-27238-0-1-0-1-0-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.htm

Un vote a été établi : http://strawpoll.me/4536523/r (un peu comme une pétition)

Je sais que vous, rédacteurs de JVC, avez déjà fait des articles sur les réactions d'une communauté sur un jeu via une pétition, un topic prenant de l'ampleur ou un vote etc...

Je me permets donc de vous contacter pour bénéficier d'un coup de pouce afin de faire réagir les développeurs du jeu CD Projekt RED.

Pouvez-vous faire un article sur cela ? Sur nos réactions ? Et y apporter des liens vers le forum officiel et le forum JVC ?

Si vous refusez, pouvez-vous au moins me fournir une réponse à ce message ?

En vous remerciant d'avance.

Un fan incontesté de la saga du célèbre sorceleur Geralt de Riv.

Merci de m'avoir lu.

I'm almost sure they will do something about this, they won't let their fans down. I won't replay the game until they add some post-credits dialogues or extras, because right now, it doesn't matter if you leave with Triss, Yen, Ciri, etc... because once you finish the game you are completely and sadly alone in the world.

I'm almost sure they will do something about this, they won't let their fans down.

I really hope so the problem is that they are like ignoring this post i Hope it is not true but this is the feeling i have for now.
For now i'm not playing the game one more time not because i dont want but because everytime i got into the game i feel sad and lonely and i end it every day.

Why cant they just put them in like many other say
Triss yes she went to Kovir but before this there can be a part of here staying at her shop in Novigrad (like preparing to depart)
Yennefer it says they went north is can be Kaer Morhen (lets say it everyone expected to find her there after the end) and be able to talk to her, romance her and there can also be an option to past the night like the meditation with her.
Ciri 1) Obvious.
>2) You can recive like a letter in wich she told you how is she and how is to be a Empress. And she maybe stay in Visima for some time so you are able to talk to her.
>>3) Ciri becomes a witcher in this case you can find her in Kaer Morhen with Yenn or at the Chamaleont in Dendalions,Priscilla and Zoltans company and maybe some tavern to be able to hunt and do contracts with her (like: Hey lets go hunt or make some money) then after the hunt go drink something in a tavern or in the other two places i mentioned before.
Things i suggested can be done in not much time just to put them back for Now ( cause every day there is someone who ended the game and it is in our same situation) then maybe in future they can add some quests like Ciri training (for witcher) some more dialogs and other quests for Yenn/Triss ( in a fuuture this can also be done by moders but to start we need to have them back).
@cdprojektRED dont ignore us please we are to many :) plus i want to get back and explore the game but i cant.

If 122 pages and rising on a well respected developers website cannot garner watchful eyes from a developer or fails to catch the imagination of someone in close contact with the developers who could relay the ideas on our behalf it would be an almighty shame.

They need to make really BIG expansion to the game after you complete the main quest, depending on your choices made. Not just bring the main characters back. The game as it is now is half ass made. CDPR needs to add another half so the game really becomes a masterpiece of gaming industry and a benchmark for anything else.

hey need to make really BIG expansion to the game after you complete the main quest, depending on your choices made. Not just bring the main characters back. The game as it is now is half ass made. CDPR needs to add another half so the game really becomes a masterpiece of gaming industry and a benchmark for anything else.

Gogusar this is why for now we just want them back like i said in the other posts. We know it isnt easy to make a post main-story with quests and that will take in count our decisions, it is requires time and resources.

So like we said in other posts for Now we just want them back with some dialogs options, some romance and hunt(Ciri). Just to get us back in to the game untill the next expansion and maybe in a future a more complete post main-story with quests and other things.

I Hope that REDs are just busy with the 1.07 patch and they will let us know something after the patch release.

Created an account just to add to this. This issue (which was described perfectly in the original post) has left me with such a feeling of emptiness. It may sound stupid, but I kind of grew sort of emotionally attached to the characters (especially Triss, see username).

I'll get over it, probably after a week or so. Just sad that the game had to leave me with such a depressing aftertaste. Resolving the issue won't fix anything for me, but at least people playing it for the first time in the future won't have to suffer at the hands of this poor end-game situation. Back to CS:GO I guess.

To be honest i totally agree. The endgame should be END OF GAME, not just state of world before the end without main characters. It's so stupid and really kills immersion. To be honest when they release new dlc - im gonna play whole game again - cuz its just gonna be sad to play on current game after ending. And also i didnt see so many states of world - only a few - to be honest it doesnt look like a big problem for such a big company as CDPR to make good after ending, but well we got what we have, what is pretty much rubbish right now.

To be honest i totally agree. The endgame should be END OF GAME, not just state of world before the end without main characters. It's so stupid and really kills immersion. To be honest when they release new dlc - im gonna play whole game again - cuz its just gonna be sad to play on current game after ending. And also i didnt see so many states of world - only a few - to be honest it doesnt look like a big problem for such a big company as CDPR to make good after ending, but well we got what we have, what is pretty much rubbish right now.

Yep, I feel completely the same - except honestly I don't think I can bring myself to play through the game again, when I know exactly what'll happen and what to do. Maybe I'll feel different by the time the expansions come out.

CDPR just messed up hard - you always have to put in effort into the endgame. It's the aftertaste that the player ends with, and if they want people to finish the game feeling like it was a really good game then they have to make sure not to remove every character that we get emotionally attached to.

On a side note - anyone recommend playing the Witcher 2 even after playing TW3? Seems like it might be disappointing and boring.

Tempted honestly...what's your opinion on TW2 in comparison to the TW3? I just don't want to play it and be let down by the mechanics or even the graphics (apparently TW1 graphics is pretty terrible). I kind of detailed my question in this thread, I don't seem to be alone in my worry.
Witcher is the best rpg series I played in last 10 years, imho...Well written characters, choices and consequences, fantastic side quests...
And no, I don't think that W1 graphics are terrible...

Game looks good enough, even today...

W1 and W2 are not open world, though...Focus is not on exploring, but on main story - and that is a good thing if you ask me...;)

Witcher is the best rpg series I played in last 10 years, imho...Well written characters, choices and consequences, fantastic side quests...
And no, I don't think that W1 graphics are terrible...

Game looks good enough, even today...

W1 and W2 are not open world, though...Focus is not on exploring, but on main story - and that is a good thing if you ask me...;)

Yeah I can see open world being fun but I like to just sit back and focus on a story for a while to be honest, so I agree with you there.

I wasn't even considering TW1 but now you mention it, I'm gonna have to look into it.

BTW I can't see that picture/link...

Just created an account to comment in this thread, like many others. I'm sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker but I'll try to put all the effort to express the discomfort that this ending has given to me.
The fact that one of the most emotional and beautiful experience I've ever had for a work of art left me with this bitter taste for the emptiness of the post-ending world and especially for the lack of a proper goodbye to many characters is killing me.
This ending literally smashed the huge empathy I've felt for the characters.
I’ve also just wanted to explain my feeling with Triss and Yen after the threesome accident, regardless the outcome (I am not saying they should come back with me). It's just sad that Triss admitted Geralt loves both her and Yen and the feelings are mutual but the choices I made with good intentions ended up like I was a double-crosser. Just give me a dialogue with both in the epilogue; it literally kills me the total absence of them after the ending. Since I think romance is the second main focus in this game after Ciri, it could be done in the tavern (Ciri witcher case) or in Skellige and even with only one of them (in case of a single romance decision).
Now I just hope that the DLCs will be set in the after-game but the endings are too different to make it plausible.

I have to agree with the majority here. Although the game pre-epilogue was fantastic, I had the same empty feeling. The keep was empty! Baron of life. I knew not where Yen and I were supposed to live out our days, and Ciri going her own way never to see Geralt again seemed cold and lonely. I was glad she was okay, doing what she wanted, free. For me that is just life I guess, you raise them, teach them how to survive, give them a moral compass and then they leave, only to be seen briefly throughout the year..

I do have a previous save game to solve this for myself but that's not the same as having them there with a few dialogue options to rehash old events and thank those that helped.. I did find Dandy and Zoltan but they are not Yen, Ciri and Triss. Even the Skeligers seem to have no idea about the role they just played in saving the world with Crach dying for the cause. Its expected that some of your friends might go their own ways never to be seen again but those closest to you should remain with you.

After W2 I had this same bad feeling, I made some messed up choices that cost a lot of people their lives. I deserved that ending and that feeling, I was cold and calculating. In W3 I worked to have a good ending and I got it only to feel that same sense of abandonment and emptiness.

I am however over that feeling just 24 hours removed, as for me there was sooooo much of this game that was done right. I can forgive some things, mistakes, problems etc. Plus I normally don't play much past main storyline and never play seconds. This one I'm considering a second run though.

Maybe this is a plot for expansion material? Perhaps the CDPR cards are being played close to the chest and they will somehow surprise us? Wishful thinking but I remain an optimist. I can still say that this plot flaw was far less of a factor than some of the technical problems which were literally immersion breaking. Thankfully I sorted those out in short order.

---------- Updated at 01:55 AM ----------

As I continue through some more of this 123 page thread I realize that perhaps I look at this differently than most of you.

I think of this more like a great book or movie. After the end, there is what? Nothing more, the story is over. You turn the last page, close the back cover and remain for a moment quite and still in the wake of such an epic tale. Heart racing a bit from a climatic end and the relief that the worst is behind. You recall the great feats and trials of the books heroes, the funny moments, the endearing times Gearalt spent with Yen/Triss. The flashback with Ciri was amazing, seeing her at the inn and giving her the gift was EPIC. Yes you want more, you want it to keep going, you can't wait for the next book in a series, or the sequel to a movie 3 or more years later. However for this chapter in the story it is over. That is the sign of a great story, you must be left wanting, you need to have that desire for more!

Maybe that's how I'm coping with it, it always feels this way with a good book. I never want them to end, but this is simply not meant to be.

I recently finished the main quest line and was really disappointed in how hours of gameplay getting to know each key character was completely wasted as the post end game world feels completely empty without them and i don't want to have re-play the whole quest line just so that i can end up in the same lonely world. It seems like some people over think what we want CDPR to do, they just need to add the key characters back into the game world (for me it would only need to be triss/yen and ciri) and allow a few different activities, as mentioned in other posts, such as hunting with ciri, romance with Yen/Triss etc... And some dialogue, just so that the post end game world isn't as depressing and actually playable without feeling like i wasted my time. This doesn't seem like that much to ask for as fallout 3 had a dlc that added content to the post end game and that was 6 years ago... As so many people think the same thing, CDPR should at least give us a more reasonable answer as to why this apparently isn't possible.

I think of this more like a great book or movie. After the end, there is what? Nothing more, the story is over. You turn the last page, close the back cover and remain for a moment quite and still in the wake of such an epic tale. Heart racing a bit from a climatic end and the relief that the worst is behind. You recall the great feats and trials of the books heroes, the funny moments, the endearing times Gearalt spent with Yen/Triss. The flashback with Ciri was amazing, seeing her at the inn and giving her the gift was EPIC. Yes you want more, you want it to keep going, you can't wait for the next book in a series, or the sequel to a movie 3 or more years later. However for this chapter in the story it is over. That is the sign of a great story, you must be left wanting, you need to have that desire for more!

Maybe that's how I'm coping with it, it always feels this way with a good book. I never want them to end, but this is simply not meant to be.

I understand completely how you see it...maybe some of us are slightly overreacting when thinking about it this way.

However, I have to kind of disagree from my perspective - I don't really look at games like TW3 in the same way as I might a film or a book. In books you are merely observing and enjoying events and characters that are in the story, whereas with TW3 you feel directly involved with the characters. You talk to different characters in different ways, you as a player helps other characters and they help you. Most importantly with a game like TW3, your decisions decide relationships between and even the lives of characters. And then, after all this, after making emotional decisions and enjoying yourself with these characters, you are suddenly left with a world (more significantly a playable world) without them. No closure whatsoever. It makes no sense. In this regard I would honestly rather they ended the game with credits and finish the game there and then, rather than leaving us with a bitter aftertaste of a world without these characters.

On the spot, I can think of three (perhaps poor) examples of games that implemented different types of endgames.

1. Any of the Assassin's creeds. The game ended with credits, and then that was it. No more content you could play. I felt satisfied by this ending - great, done, can't wait for the next one. Bit like a film or book, as you said.

2. (I know many people didn't like this game at all but my point still stands) Watch dogs. Game ended similar to TW3, you finished the main story and you're left with an open world to play in without any major characters whatsoever. I felt the same kind of emptiness after this ending as the ending of TW3 - even though I was less emotionally attached to those characters.

3. Skyrim. Regardless of whether or not you think the quality of this game meets the quality of TW3, I feel that Skyrim implemented this game beautifully. Ending storylines with characters in skyrim was kind of a midpoint between no.1 and no.2. You could still play the vast amounts of quests that this game included, except you could do it with any major characters still there. You really liked playing with Aela? At the end of the companions storyline you could recruit Aela as a follower and have her play all the other quests with you. Not only this, but they managed to reflect choices you made throughout the world - joined the dark brotherhood? People would mention rumours of it.

To summarise that, I wouldn't mind having an end to the game completely at the end of the main storyline, and I wouldn't mind being able to interact and play with the major characters I like in the rest of the open world after the main storyline, however just don't leave us with the worst possible ending which is none of our favourite characters in a seemingly empty playable world.

It just feels like a disappointment after playing many hours of a game which is truly fantastic in all other areas. Like nematode55545 said, it feels like you wasted your time after all the decisions you made and the romance between Yenn/Triss that you had to carefully decide on. Choosing Yenn or Triss (or even both) doesn't make a difference to the end-game - you ,are alone regardless.

Top Bottom