[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Nah...i don't think so.
In fact i think that a few (minor) changes, which are also easy to realize, could do the trick and satisfy the majority.

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Everybody with a litte knowledge of game editors, knows, that most of this changes should be realised with simple "drags%drops".

I found this the better solution so far....
PS: I Think CDPR developers had a tough job to create several side quests, which in my view seem more complicated to be made than this solution above, however, after the end of the game no one wants to make these side quests because of this feeling of emptiness.

Found a lot of new and nice suggestions out here.
Witcher_Erune's one is very good. But there were a lot more before. It'd be better if OP could sort the best suggestions from the worst ones and put some in the main post, so that developers could focus only on the reasonable ideas.

However, found this poll on reddit (in top atm):
http://ampoll.com/poll/uwpoqwyqir
There is an option we need.

To bad, you can only vote for one option...
For me, all 5 of them are important...
Especially the wild hunt needs more screen time...it's a game about them and they are too shy to show up...

This game needs much tweaks to be the masterpiece it should be...

I totally regretted it to romance Triss and yen :(
I hope there will be a chance to fix it with one of'em again one day!

and the incoming DLCs should be about Ciri in my opinion because we got to know so much about her in Wild Hunt and I really would like to see her becoming a nice witcher or something in that way
I also really enjoyed that world switching thing, I was like " oh my god, that game *.*" and now it's over.
and I'd also like to know the fate of avalach ( if I didnt miss something)
to sum it up:
the DLCs should content something related to the ending in my opinion.

Last edited:
Nah...i don't think so.
In fact i think that a few (minor) changes, which are also easy to realize, could do the trick and satisfy the majority.

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Everybody with a litte knowledge of game editors, knows, that most of this changes should be realised with simple "drags%drops".

This is pretty much what most of us are saying but in a much clear and concise way, I LIKE IT.

To bad that @09talamonteo is not visiting this post anymore, it would be nice to have this on OP.

A reddit poll with over 2200 participants:

I'm glad to see it's indeed only a small minority who thinks that a goddamned romance is the biggest issue with the game. 2200+ Reddit voters are definitely more representative than the maybe 200 active users of this forum.
Though i have the feeling that as long as people won't spam screens/gifs/ fanart of Eredin, Radovid ,Djikstra etc. the whole day, CDP won't bother with other complaints like the mediocre politics, almost non-existent characterization of the Wild Hunt or post-ending problems.

Nah...i don't think so.

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

THIS. A thousand times THIS. Amen, amen and amen!

2200+ Reddit voters are definitely more representative than the maybe 200 active users of this forum.
I would disappoint You.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-15-00-10-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-15-00-10-27.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
It doesn't contradict this poll. Most people (including me) agree that the Triss romance is lackluster. But I question the priorities of CDP. I just don't understand why problems with a romance seem to be the only ones worth to fix. The complete silence on all the other issues is disappointing.
For me not important that there is no main characters after ending, because I don't play after ending, I just start new game, or replay savefiles. And lack of Triss is most important not just romance but lack of Triss content overall including romance.

For me not important that there is no main characters after ending, because I don't play after ending, I just start new game, or replay savefiles. And lack of Triss is most important not just romance but lack of Triss content overall including romance.
And 374 participants of that poll agree with you. CDP does as well, considering they said of all the issues they will only fix the Triss romance (so far at least)
I just hope they didn't do that because of the huge attention Triss get's here. This is in no way representativ for the Witcher fanbase, The Reddit poll isn't either, but still more relevant than this forum.

Last edited:
A reddit poll with over 2200 participants:

I'm glad to see it's indeed only a small minority who thinks that a goddamned romance is the biggest issue with the game. 2200+ Reddit voters are definitely more representative than the maybe 200 active users of this forum.
Though i have the feeling that as long as people won't spam screens/gifs/ fanart of Eredin, Radovid ,Djikstra etc. the whole day, CDP won't bother with other complaints like the mediocre politics, almost non-existent characterization of the Wild Hunt or post-ending problems.

I don't know why we have to confront against each other. Everyone has his/her opinion about which part of the game needs an improvement. The important thing, for me, is that there are a lot of people who thinks that all these issues must be adressed. All of them. And CDPR must have noticed this

The problem here @Scryar is that RED gave us a clear reason why they will fix Triss romance: they basically forgot to change some dialogues and interactions if you choose Triss over Yen and since they consider the consequences of player's decisions a core experience in their game, they will fix that. They won't fix the lack of Triss contents, if I am not wrong. As I stated before, is more an inattention and/or an oversight. The ending, however, was a deliberate artistic choice (or more likely an inevitable choice due to the timeline since the game feels so rushed at the end) and it concerns the overall experience of the game, like the "more politics" issue or the "more Eredin" one. These problems (I personally don't mind about politics or Eredin, I've found more concerning the lack of Emyr, who I met only at the beginning and at the end of the game) are for sure more difficult to admit and to deal with for RED.

My opinion is that they will try to fix that with the 2016 DLC, which HOPEFULLY will be set after the main plot (since after almost a year it would be pointless to publish a DLC set before the ending). I have no hope for a future patch of the current game that would fix this issue.

This is pretty much what most of us are saying but in a much clear and concise way, I LIKE IT.

To bad that @09talamonteo is not visiting this post anymore, it would be nice to have this on OP.

and what about the people who fell in love with both, I think there should be something to fix it too, Im playing this game for the first time and didnt know that the double romance leads to an end of both relationships.
Would be fair enough to give the people who mistakly failed that a chance to fix it somehow.

if they 'd add the characters back to the game they could add that "dialogue' as well and with the dialogue I mean the possibility to romance the one you want again

Last edited:
and what about the people who fell in love with both, I think there should be something to fix it too, Im playing this game for the first time and didnt know that the double romance leads to an end of both relationships.
Would be fair enough to give the people who mistakly failed that a chance to fix it somehow.

if they 'd add the characters back to the game they could add that "dialogue' as well and with the dialogue I mean the possibility to romance the one you want again

:) You know how i fixed this problem? i loaded up an old save game right before the "now or never" quest and didnt romance Triss :lol: .
I threw away (not really threw away because i didnt know about the post main-story so i was enjoing the game) hours of gameplay just to be able to visit Yennefer in our house after the end, you can understand my feelings when i discovered that there was no one left.:sad:

:) You know how i fixed this problem? i loaded up an old save game right before the "now or never" quest and didnt romance Triss :lol: .
I threw away (not really threw away because i didnt know about the post main-story so i was enjoing the game) hours of gameplay just to be able to visit Yennefer in our house after the end, you can understand my feelings when i discovered that there was no one left.:sad:
I feel you so much, but I'm quite new to this game and yennefer directly "impressed" me, more than triss, so I was sad that I didnt know what I should be aware of :(
Hope they feel us too and fix it somehow ;(

Last edited:
Nah...i don't think so.

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Hit the nail right on the head!

Originally Posted by GingerEffect View Post
It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

It's dead since a moment isn't it ? Since the begin ?

Top Bottom