[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I'm happy that my suggestions pleases you.

My list isn't perfect, though. A few characters are missing, like Cerys and Thaler.
But this was planned, more or less.

The goal was to create a list of changes which are on one hand satisfying, but could also be relatively fast implemented.
In other words: Not worthy of a DLC (with extended dialogues and quests). But a solution to fill our sad hearts.

Well like you say your list isnt complete (like Cerys and the others) but it summarizes in a simple and concise way what we are asking for, not a huge expansion just simple things so we can play and enjoy this game again.
And it is nice to see new people on this thread, to see this thread growing even for the people that dosent know about it or dont have time to post here or on other forums.
Still waiting for a response from RED.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Geralt and the game world itself. So full of life and intrigue, places to be people to see etc etc ..
Which makes the end game that much more lonely, sad and pretty much pointless.

As with a lot of RPG's, by the time you get all the best gear and sort your bloke out to be a bit of a badass .. there's nothing left to do!
I did find a level 48 Arch Griffin today (I'm level 40) and I thought, excellent, maybe some great treasure or something interesting at last .. but no, under-leveled gear and a few crowns.

I don't know how hard it would be to leave the main characters in the game world after the ending but without them it really is a very lonely place to be after investing so much time and emotion in it all.

I know games must end and perhaps it would have been better to just roll the credits with no option to continue on.

Maybe next time I'll just not finish the last part and keep everybody in the game .. It's a thought .. a bad one .. but a thought ..

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

* added Thaler and Skellige rulers

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

Nice this is pretty much complete with most important things, i'll be happy just to have Ciri,Yenn and Triss back but this list is perfect.

This!!!

Nice this is pretty much complete with most important things, i'll be happy just to have Ciri,Yenn and Triss back but this list is perfect.

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

im going to keep reposting this like @MrPanda92

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

This, we dont need a completely different story after the ending, we only want to see the same characters that we have been seeing all the game, but after the ending, so after beating the game we can come back and do some secondary quests without feeling that the world is empty.

I dont think its difficult to add some characters to the world with one or two options to talk, if youre doing two expansions of 10 and 20 hours, doing this is not going to be that difficult.

Well, we have to keep fighting to solve this problem, because such an amazing game cant feel so empty after beating it.

This, we dont need a completely different story after the ending, we only want to see the same characters that we have been seeing all the game, but after the ending, so after beating the game we can come back and do some secondary quests without feeling that the world is empty.

I dont think its difficult to add some characters to the world with one or two options to talk, if youre doing two expansions of 10 and 20 hours, doing this is not going to be that difficult.

Well, we have to keep fighting to solve this problem, because such an amazing game cant feel so empty after beating it.

Y completly agree with you!!! Such an amazing game but i dont feel like playing the sidequests after beating the main story

Geralt was at Cerys coronation feast but he can't be at his daughter's Coronation he can't even talk to her daughter anymore, and Ciri leaving like that and that Geralt can't go and see her again.....damn it's so heartbreaking..... can't even talk to his friends and ask them how their life is going after the epilogue , or have a short chat with his lover
I helped killing Radovid , but I don't see those pyres removed..... such masterpiece ends like this, such brief ending with only some bunch of drawings, while the game itself is full of hundreds of cutscenes with interesting dialogues..... ssssooooo depressing , yesterday I was even thinking about this at work.....I'm sad even after 2 days just over a game!!I can't believe it.

Last edited:
It looks like CDPR has fixed many of the movement issues that people were mentioning on these forums. This is yet again proof that they do listen to players on these forums. Don't lose hope, guys!

I absolutely loved my ending, but thought it was odd to not see Eskel near KM when it said in the glossary that he took over it. Then I noticed that nobody else was in the world either. Whilst I'm okay with that (not wholly content, but I'll manage,) I decided to come here to see if anyone felt the same about the strange lack of NPC's. Sure enough, there's a 136 page thread on it. However, after reading the responses in the OP, I can say that I feel rather calm now. CDPR has done such a fantastic job so far that I'm sure they'll remedy the situation somehow. Whether it be in a major patch, adding them back in via the expansion, or maybe even something else.

Yeap same for me i'd like to have them 3 back so i can play again untill the next expansion, plus i like the new list simple and with all the things that we want. I heard that RED is working on more Triss so this makes me hope that they will solve our problem to.

Sure enough, there's a 136 page thread on it. However, after reading the responses in the OP, I can say that I feel rather calm now. CDPR has done such a fantastic job so far that I'm sure they'll remedy the situation somehow. Whether it be in a major patch, adding them back in via the expansion, or maybe even something else.

I was like you, registred on the forum to see if i was some one else with my feelings after the main-story, to be honest i wasnt surprised to see so many people, because lets be host this is a Big Issue taking away the characters we love and leave us alone in a huge world to explore. Then like @MrPanda92 said i searched on the internet and there are a lot of threads around that complain about this problem, it is sad that we still didn't see a response from @cdprojekt lets hope for the best.

Perfect list with simple things to do.
riginally Posted by Witcher_Erune View Post
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

I ended up making a thread about this not realizing this one existed. I've read the devs' response to this one, mentioning it would be a massive undertaking to "do it right" (i.e. really adapt the post-credits game world to your choices, not just characters). And they are absolutely right. For that reason, I would gladly pay for more immersive endgame content as an expansion. It would be very unreasonable to expect this to be patched in, as it would require lots of voice acting sessions, new locations (such as Geralt and Triss' house in Kovir), a redesign of Novigrad, and so on and so forth.

But it would be very worth the effort, and a great bridge for future expansions, allowing players to engage with them after the main story if they so wish without feeling like there's been a break in immersion. Just a smooth segue. "Something ends, something begins" indeed.

Here is how I proposed it on my thread. Ignore the "minor expansion" bit as appropriate: whether it's minor or major will depend on how large in scope CD Projekt is willing to go with this.

I have read that CD Projekt, after listening to player suggestions, will improve the interactions with Triss and probably other characters, fixing the imbalance many have felt. It's very rare and commendable to see a team so willing to listen to criticism and act on it, especially when the criticism hasn't been shouted (as was the case with MASS EFFECT 3). So in that spirit, I'd like to propose a post-credits game state. It would require enough work, I reckon, to be a minor expansion. I, for one, would happily pay for it.

Right now, the game reverts to a pre-last-chapter state after the credits roll. The final outcomes of your many choices are explained in narration, but not reflected in actual game content. As a result, the game doesn't feel nearly as alive as it does when the main quest is still there. Problem is, it's tricky to explore the entire world while the main quest is active, because there's an implied urgency to it. This is a common problem with open-world games, one that stops being a problem if the main quest ends and segues into an adequate endgame.

Take my playthrough, for example:

------- (Triss and Geralt spoilers ahead). -------

Geralt ended up in Kovir with Triss. I have learned this through narration. Now imagine this being in the actual post-credits game: a very small representation of Kovir marked in the world map, just their house, non-explorable. You see it only through cutscenes. When you first get there, you get a cutscene that establishes how life is going to be when Geralt is there, a nice moment between him and Triss, enjoying what they have earned for themselves, and after an indefinite amount of time passes, Geralt goes back to the main game areas to do some Witcher's work. And from then on, every time the player goes back to the house, one of several possible cutscenes play between Triss and Geralt representing various aspects of their love life, an indefinite amount of time is implied to pass and finally we see Geralt leaving the house to travel back to the playable areas. It's purely for immersion. Knowing that there is a house and a loved one you can go back to. A comfort you have earned.

Besides that, there could be some post-credits quests to wrap up Geralt's relationships with many characters. Something that establishes, without needing narration, where things stand with everyone. The player would be free to get to those quests whenever they like, exploring other things first if they so wish. Something to look forward to when all the side quests have been completed.

In short, content that allows the game to transition to a post-main-quest state rather than a pre-last-chapter state. [EDIT: This would also be more expansion-friendly, by the way]. One where it feels like Geralt is living with the choices he made rather than these choices never seeming to have taken place. That way, the player can finish the remaining side quests and Witcher contracts and explore the world while feeling like it has evolved. Like it's a whole. Right now, the pre-last-chapter state feels tacked-on rather than organic. Narration over concept art will never feel as real and lived as events taking place in the game itself.

All that being said: THE WITCHER 3 is my favourite game of all time. Without a doubt. And mind you, I didn't have a favourite game of all time before. Many games competed for that position in my head. THE WITCHER 3 rose above them all. It's that special, as are the people who made it. A magnificent work. Thank you, so much, for the privilege of playing it.

This!!!

;1851934]Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

* added Thaler and Skellige rulers[/QUOTE]

@CDPR we are willing to pay for an expansion a dlc or whatever that fix this inmmersion problem

Having read many of these pages, it's obvious that CDPR needs to fix the endgame, but I wouldn't call this an immersion problem. It's more of an endgame problem. The fact that you even care about the characters in the endgame means that the game has achieved its purpose of immersing you in the WItcher world. To the original poster: please have a think about maybe changing the title of this thread so it's more clear to newcomers.

Having read many of these pages, it's obvious that CDPR needs to fix the endgame, but I wouldn't call this an immersion problem. It's more of an endgame problem. The fact that you even care about the characters in the endgame means that the game has achieved its purpose of immersing you in the WItcher world. To the original poster: please have a think about maybe changing the title of this thread so it's more clear to newcomers.

The problem is precisely that it immerses you then ceases to be immersive. I'd call the thread title vague (probably to avoid spoilers), but not inaccurate. Immersion is exactly the issue.

I'll be updating this post with relevant information, if anyone has any relevant and interesting to add, send me a personal message or leave a post mentioning me I will read it and update the post accordingly.

I do keep reading, just not logged into my account, my computer logged it out and I forgot to log back in. :D

Fair enough. Explained that way, yes I do agree with you.

The problem, to elaborate in the most succint way I can, is that the game immerses the player incredibly well, really. So when you're transported to Kaer Morhen and a piece of text essentially says "you can go on if you like in a pre-last-chapter condition", it's a jarring break in not just immersion with the world but emotional connection with the story. Gameplay-wise, it's functional, it lets you complete the game, but that's it. It's cold.

I know you've agreed with me already but I wanted to elaborate for readers in general :)

The problem, to elaborate in the most succint way I can, is that the game immerses the player incredibly well, really. So when you're transported to Kaer Morhen and a piece of text essentially says "you can go on if you like in a pre-last-chapter condition", it's a jarring break in not just immersion with the world but emotional connection with the story. Gameplay-wise, it's functional, it lets you complete the game, but that's it. It's cold.

I know you've agreed with me already but I wanted to elaborate for readers in general

I agree with you, the game does a fantastic job with characters making you love and really care about them. Then after you saved the world you are super happy to finaly be able to spent some time with characters you love Boom the game teleport you in an Empty Kaer Morhen this is the moment when all the immersion with the world, the entire story and characters Breaks and let the sense of sadness,depression and loneliness comes in.

But i wont call it post end-game but post main-story because the game isn't over we still have a lot of contracts, secondary stories, places to discover and other stuff to do, but we can't because the empy post main-story world destroies all the desire to do that stuff.

I'll be updating this post with relevant information, if anyone has any relevant and interesting to add, send me a personal message or leave a post mentioning me I will read it and update the post accordingly.

I do keep reading, just not logged into my account, my computer logged it out and I forgot to log back in.

@09talamonteo Nice to see the creator back :) I can suggest to change the title of the thread to "
Post Main-story Immersion Destroyed" this way every one who read it knows what are we talking about. (just a suggestion)

Oh and if you want you can also put this list in the OP it is explain simply that we don't wont huge world changes just characters back in the post main-story iwht some interactions well pretty much this list :) :
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

I agree with you, the game does a fantastic job with characters making you love and really care about them. Then after you saved the world you are super happy to finaly be able to spent some time with characters you love Boom the game teleport you in an Empty Kaer Morhen this is the moment when all the immersion with the world, the entire story and characters Breaks and let the sense of sadness,depression and loneliness comes in.

But i wont call it post end-game but post main-story because the game isn't over we still have a lot of contracts, secondary stories, places to discover and other stuff to do, but we can't because the empy post main-story world destroies all the desire to do that stuff.

Oh i understand you, i still try to play the game every day but still can't. I see people that are sayn we want a huge world change, nope just want main characters back in the post main-story.
@09talamonteo Nice to see the creator back I can suggest to change the title of the thread to "
Post Main-story Immersion Destroyed" this way every one who read it knows what are we talking about. (just a suggestion)

Oh and if you want you can also put this list in the OP it is explain simply that we don't wont huge world changes just characters back in the post main-story iwht some interactions well pretty much this list
In would be nice so any one who gets on this thread see what we want with out reading 1400 posts.

riginally Posted by Witcher_Erune View Post
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

Top Bottom