[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Oh i understand you, i still try to play the game every day but still can't. I see people that are sayn we want a huge world change, nope just want main characters back in the post main-story.

Well same for me, i want to try the new path (even if it has some bugs) and the new finischer DLC when it comes out, not to talk about finishing side quests, contracts and other stuff but i simply can't because they left this game empty.
It is normal to see people that dosen't know what we want because it is not easy to read 137 pages this is why it will be nice to have the list from @Witcher_Erune in the OP, but until then i'll requote this :).

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.
With the hope that devs will se it.

I think that we need to get this thread to 500 at least.
the Triss thread was solved by the devs at 800

I really hope you are wrong, because here a lot of people posted one or two times then stopped because well the ideas are the same adn there is not much to say, so they stop posting, a bad thing. But as you can see we have new poeple that are posting almost every day i just think that @09talamonteo need to change the title of the thread to some like "Lack of Post Main-story Content Immersion Destroyed" and post this in the OP:

Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune View Post
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
I suggest you guys to sent some letters to the devs maybe with the thread and this list, this way hope we will ge more attention.

But as you can see we have new poeple that are posting almost every day i just think that @09talamonteo need to change the title of the thread to some like "Lack of Post Main-story Content Immersion Destroyed"

I agree that this thread could be easier to find in Google if it had a more fitting name. For example, like the one you suggested. "Immersion Destroyer" was a good "starting title" to attract some regular forum members...

Last edited:

I doubt that the devs care at all about views, pages and goes on. They said that the reason why they "improved" the triss romance is due to the fact that they've made a mistake, and the fan community helped them see it, so they've improved it. I doubt that they see the post ending game a mistake here, so yeah.

I have just played a couple minutes since i finished the main quest 2 weeks ago. And as the newcomers i have create an account ONLY to see if another players was affected like me about this loneliness post credits world...

it's so heartbreaking... and no response from the Devs, i'm beginning to be resigned about it...

I tried to make some noise on there twitter accounts.. but no answers either... Time to move on for me

Originally Posted by MrPanda92
Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

I doubt that the devs care at all about views, pages and goes on. They said that the reason why they "improved" the triss romance is due to the fact that they've made a mistake, and the fan community helped them see it, so they've improved it. I doubt that they see the post ending game a mistake here, so yeah.

I think the lack of post main-story content is a big issue because for me it is like saying that the main story is The Witcher 3 game and the other secondary quests, contracts and exploration of a huge and beautiful world are like a side dish to the game. NO TW3 is a beautiful mix of all the things said before and for me a huge part of that mix are the main characters.
I saw some one say "oh you want to transform TW3 in a date simulator with this post main-story content" Really? WE dont want Yenn and Triss back in the post main-story just to romance them, we want them back because we've got attached to them Like @cdprojekt said romance is just another way to develop a relation with a certain character. So We Want them back in a post main-story to see the results and spent some time with characters we've developed a relation during the all game.

Same thing for Ciri you spent all the main-story trying to find and save her, to have the oportunity to finaly be with your daughter after all this time. Why dont give us the chance to finaly be like a family after we saved her and the world, i'll repeat my self but give us the oportunity to do some contracts, to spent some time at the Chamaleon with all friends basicly to spent time toghether.
For now this is the last Witcher game with Geralt so it seems a really bad thing not give us the chance to to stay with characters we and Geralt love.

I have just played a couple minutes since i finished the main quest 2 weeks ago. And as the newcomers i have create an account ONLY to see if another players was affected like me about this loneliness post credits world...

it's so heartbreaking... and no response from the Devs, i'm beginning to be resigned about it...

I tried to make some noise on there twitter accounts.. but no answers either... Time to move on for me
Don't give up, i hope that CD Projekt RED will do something, i think they are just busy solving the 1.07 problems and Hope that they will let us know something as soon as possible. Untill then Requote :)

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

Come on @cdprojekt let us know something please....

09talamonteo has updated the original post with the outline of endgame changes that people are requoting on this page. Also, didn't RED already acknowledge the requests in this thread and say they'll pass it on to the team, as seen on the original post? There's some people here talking as if the devs haven't noticed this at all. They haven't promised any changes like they did with character interactions throughout the story, but they're probably paying attention.

I would also be against changing the thread title. It's the least-spoilery title possible yet still strong enough to get the devs' attention, especially as it accumulates more pages. Keeping the discussion alive should be enough.

Also, concerning the outline, which I'll requote here and comment on below:

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

If the endgame will be left on a "preparing to leave" state between the end of the game's story and what comes next for the characters, you know what would be nice? A quest on the journal that is simply something that officially ends the game as a whole. Say, something like, "Go to Kovir with Triss when you're ready", if that's where your choices led you, and when the player chooses to do that, a final cutscene plays that ends the entire game with a neat little bow. Playthrough officially over.

Guys i was thinking on another way @cdprojekt could do what we want without maybe changing some things in Novigrad (i think it is a more easier way), make all the things @Witcher_Erune except for Novigrad ones.
>Right before the drawings slide when that explains how all ended, and right after the ending scene when Gerlat gives Ciri the sword and she says "Let's try it out then" or when the guards come after her.
>So for the Witcher one it can give you a contract quest with Ciri and after you can both go to che Chamaleon and drink with other friends, after this quest it leaves you in a world that we wanted with time to spent with characters we want.
>Then to end the game When We Want it can be like a quest journal that officialy ends the game like @andrenavarro suggested that can be done in every moment, but untill you don't choose do it the game stay in this "preparing to leave" state where you spent time with the main characters like hunt, romance ect...

Sure there are some problems with this suggestion like: ig you choose Triss she can't be at her old shop because witch hunters are still in Novigrad or empress ending Emhyr will still be in Vizima (really you choosed empress ending? the 2nd worst one) but is a minor problem because he can just be in his rooms locked up so you dont meet him when go to meet Ciri.

So again guys this is just another suggestion, i still prefer the post main-story because it is more complete, but this is easier to do cause you don't need to modify Novigrad.
Untill then Re-quote :

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

Also, didn't RED already acknowledge the requests in this thread and say they'll pass it on to the team, as seen on the original post? There's some people here talking as if the devs haven't noticed this at all. They haven't promised any changes like they did with character interactions throughout the story, but they're probably paying attention.

We(the majorety) are not saying @cdprojekt isn't paying attention to this thread, we are saying that their last responce was 1000+ posts ago and since then we've suggested alot of things, the most important is the collection of all ideas that @Witcher_Erune did. So it will be nice to hear what devs have are thinking because in one message one of RED said that they dont really know how to solve this issue, well we have a good suggestion on how to solve it in a easy way with out doing a huge expansion that will cost resources.

We(the majorety) are not saying @cdprojekt isn't paying attention to this thread, we are saying that their last responce was 1000+ posts ago and since then we've suggested alot of things, the most important is the collection of all ideas that @Witcher_Erune did. So it will be nice to hear what devs have are thinking because in one message one of RED said that they dont really know how to solve this issue, well we have a good suggestion on how to solve it in a easy way with out doing a huge expansion that will cost resources.

Oh, okay, didn't know it had been that long. Yeah, then it'd be nice of them to give us an update.

But mind you, what is being suggested here WILL cost resources and won't be easy no matter what. Even just sprinkling characters around the map with some new dialogue options would still require new dialogue cutscenes, lots of extra writing for every outcome and calling the actors to do extra voice acting. That's the shallowest way to do it, and it's still costly. So I say screw it: if it's gonna require resources anyway, pour them into a meaty in-depth overhaul of the endgame and release it as a paid expansion. I'll take that over a free patch that doesn't do much. And let's not act as if either option is "easy". There is no easy way to do what we are asking. There's hard and harder.

Oh, one more thing: Zoltan and Dandelion ARE at the Chameleon (haven't seen Priscilla). The outline being requoted on this page seems to suggest they aren't. Two of them are, just with nothing new to say. You can still play Gwent with Zoltan.

There is nothing being solved, devs just say that they will fix some of inconsistensies and add small additions and tweaks in character dialogues (and i don't even think it'll welp the broken immersion).

Oh, okay, didn't know it had been that long. Yeah, then it'd be nice of them to give us an update.

But mind you, what is being suggested here WILL cost resources and won't be easy no matter what. Even just sprinkling characters around the map with some new dialogue options would still require new dialogue cutscenes, lots of extra writing for every outcome and calling the actors to do extra voice acting. That's the shallowest way to do it, and it's still costly. So I say screw it: if it's gonna require resources anyway, pour them into a meaty in-depth overhaul of the endgame and release it as a paid expansion. I'll take that over a free patch that doesn't do much. And let's not act as if either option is "easy". There is no easy way to do what we are asking. There's hard and harder.

Oh, one more thing: Zoltan and Dandelion ARE at the Chameleon (haven't seen Priscilla). The outline being requoted on this page seems to suggest they aren't. Two of them are, just with nothing new to say. You can still play Gwent with Zoltan.

Well yes it will cost resources. but it will require far fewer resources and time to do it the "easy" way with just some dialogs and interactions like hunt,romance, drinking and aome other stuff.
Don't get me wrong if i'll be hapy if @cdprojekt decides to do a complete expansion not only with interactions but with quests, a changed world and and more dialogs that explain what happend after the main-story and so on. But in both cases there will be a lot of people me included who will be ready to buy a small or a big expansion just to have Ciri,Yenn,Triss and the others back in the post main-story.

Guys i was thinking on another way @cdprojekt could do what we want without maybe changing some things in Novigrad (i think it is a more easier way), make all the things @Witcher_Erune except for Novigrad ones.
>Right before the drawings slide when that explains how all ended, and right after the ending scene when Gerlat gives Ciri the sword and she says "Let's try it out then" or when the guards come after her.
>So for the Witcher one it can give you a contract quest with Ciri and after you can both go to che Chamaleon and drink with other friends, after this quest it leaves you in a world that we wanted with time to spent with characters we want.
>Then to end the game When We Want it can be like a quest journal that officialy ends the game like @andrenavarro suggested that can be done in every moment, but untill you don't choose do it the game stay in this "preparing to leave" state where you spent time with the main characters like hunt, romance ect...

Sure there are some problems with this suggestion like: ig you choose Triss she can't be at her old shop because witch hunters are still in Novigrad or empress ending Emhyr will still be in Vizima (really you choosed empress ending? the 2nd worst one) but is a minor problem because he can just be in his rooms locked up so you dont meet him when go to meet Ciri.

So again guys this is just another suggestion, i still prefer the post main-story because it is more complete, but this is easier to do cause you don't need to modify Novigrad.

Well i like this one because it will not require a lot of resources because they dont need to modify Novigrad and other stuff.
So let's hope we will here some news from devs until then REQUOTE :) Wow this post is a little long.

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

I think the lack of post main-story content is a big issue because for me it is like saying that the main story is The Witcher 3 game and the other secondary quests, contracts and exploration of a huge and beautiful world are like a side dish to the game. NO TW3 is a beautiful mix of all the things said before and for me a huge part of that mix are the main characters.
I saw some one say "oh you want to transform TW3 in a date simulator with this post main-story content" Really? WE dont want Yenn and Triss back in the post main-story just to romance them, we want them back because we've got attached to them Like @cdprojekt said romance is just another way to develop a relation with a certain character. So We Want them back in a post main-story to see the results and spent some time with characters we've developed a relation during the all game.

Same thing for Ciri you spent all the main-story trying to find and save her, to have the oportunity to finaly be with your daughter after all this time. Why dont give us the chance to finaly be like a family after we saved her and the world, i'll repeat my self but give us the oportunity to do some contracts, to spent some time at the Chamaleon with all friends basicly to spent time toghether.
For now this is the last Witcher game with Geralt so it seems a really bad thing not give us the chance to to stay with characters we and Geralt love.

Dude I feel you, truly I do. If this gets fixed I would be willing to pay the game 10 times to get to see the perfect ending, where you can actually do stuff with the main characters instead of deleting everyone, I wish it gets fixed, I would do anything but it's not up to us to be honest, keeping the thread active, that's fine. But everything depends on them.

After thinking long (and fairly hard) about this, I'm pretty sure that if this is ever resolved it will be through one of the next two expansions, or maybe an as yet un-announced third one. It definitely wont be a quick-fix 'put them back in the world quick!' job - as if they do it, they'll want to do it right. And i'm not sure about you guys but I'm okay with that :)

- The list of changes is I still think is a great idea, but I don't think it will come through a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPanda92 View Post

Dude I feel you, truly I do. If this gets fixed I would be willing to pay the game 10 times to get to see the perfect ending, where you can actually do stuff with the main characters instead of deleting everyone, I wish it gets fixed, I would do anything but it's not up to us to be honest, keeping the thread active, that's fine. But everything depends on them.

Same here i am ready to pay to have them back and if we read the other posts arround the internet every one is ready to pay to have them back. Having a post main-story content with dialogs, interactions with main characters and maybe some quests would complete this beautiful game, because for now we can't say that the game is complete after we've done the main-story, like @MrPanda92 said this game isn't only the main-story but also characters we love.
So yeah my hope that @cdprojekt RED will fix this is stil alive, come one guys we are taling about CD Projekt RED.

After thinking long (and fairly hard) about this, I'm pretty sure that if this is ever resolved it will be through one of the next two expansions, or maybe an as yet un-announced third one. It definitely wont be a quick-fix 'put them back in the world quick!' job - as if they do it, they'll want to do it right. And i'm not sure about you guys but I'm okay with that

- The list of changes is I still think is a great idea, but I don't think it will come through a patch.

Well it depends on what devs want to put back in only characters then a patch is ok, But if they decide to put them back with interactions like hunt,romance and some dialogs then a big DLC or add it to the next expansion or a un-announced expansion with interactions, dialogs and quests.
To be honest i hope that they bring them back in the next expansion and set that expansion in the post main-story not pre main.story end, because it makes no sense to start a new game or load an old save just to play the expansion.

Same here i am ready to pay to have them back and if we read the other posts arround the internet every one is ready to pay to have them back. Having a post main-story content with dialogs, interactions with main characters and maybe some quests would complete this beautiful game, because for now we can't say that the game is complete after we've done the main-story, like @MrPanda92 said this game isn't only the main-story but also characters we love.
So yeah my hope that @cdprojekt RED will fix this is stil alive, come one guys we are taling about CD Projekt RED.

Hey CDPR, you want a kickstarter to change your mind ? Name it, i'll gladly put my money in it !

Hey CDPR, you want a kickstarter to change your mind ? Name it, i'll gladly put my money in it !

I'll pay the price of the game just to have Ciri,Yenn,Triss and the others in game again, i think that if @cdprojekt decide to make a pay DLC/expansion with what we ask almost every one who played The Wticher 3 would buy it.

And Requote :

Nilfgard:

Geralt Romance:

Ciri:

Roche/Ves:

At the Chameleon.

Avallach:

Thaler:

Skellige Ruler:

Yeap every thing is on devs, i really hope that @cdprojekt RED will do something like including what we are all asking in one of the next expansions or a pay DLC/expansion. I'd really like to hear some thing from devs.

Well yes it will cost resources. but it will require far fewer resources and time to do it the "easy" way with just some dialogs and interactions like hunt,romance, drinking and aome other stuff.
Don't get me wrong if i'll be hapy if @cdprojekt decides to do a complete expansion not only with interactions but with quests, a changed world and and more dialogs that explain what happend after the main-story and so on. But in both cases there will be a lot of people me included who will be ready to buy a small or a big expansion just to have Ciri,Yenn,Triss and the others back in the post main-story.

Well let's say that we are not asking for a huge expansion with a lot of new quests, Yes it would be nice but for now Just have Ciri,Yenn,Triss back in the post main-story with some dialogs and interactions will be awsome and give us the chance to go back and continue playing the game.

Top Bottom