[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
But they should have done a proper ending if it's Geralts last game.. I don't want to play it again by going to a previous save just to see some people. I finished the game and now I want to explore, but not in a ghost town.. I'm going to make a video regarding this issue on my youtube channel in Polish for the whole red team to understand. And it shouldn't be an expansion!!! how is adding some poeople into the game expansion level? it's even simpler than the free dlc's and they weren't meant to be paid for. They don't even need any text, it's actually pretty simple, spawn in AI that is alive, spawn them in appropriate locations, give them simple text like in quests from what I recall Triss say's "Yes" when you talk to her.. That would be enough maybe an option to play gwent and also romance but with only one animation. See I want to play this game but it's really lost it's sense and reason for it to play, I played it to find and meet new friends and guess what? nothing. I played it to look at the amazing character design but guess what? nothing. See? Just knowing the fact they are gone is simply the reason why I want to put down this great game but at the same time frustrating.

They also need to keep in mind that not everyone is going to play the game after the ending so 40% of the people won't even care about postgame.

According to Steam achievement statistics, of the people who have the Lilac and Gooseberries achievement from the beginning of the game, only about 29% even got Passed the Trial for completing the game on any difficulty.

According to Steam achievement statistics, of the people who have the Lilac and Gooseberries achievement from the beginning of the game, only about 29% even got Passed the Trial for completing the game on any difficulty.

The game should still be finished.. in terms of end game though..

---------- Updated at 10:54 AM ----------

that's like saying, because only like 20,000 people complete the game there should be no real ending..

Guys, the MOD kit is out. Will it be the solution? To make the post ending game like we all agree in this thread ?

No. It will require more writing, new dialogue cutscenes and possibly motion-captured cutscenes, extra voice acting, and that's just for the bare minimum of what would be an immersive post-game experience. Plus, anything that's not done by CDPR themselves regarding the story, I consider moot. They're the writers.

that's like saying, because only like 20,000 people complete the game there should be no real ending..

I did not imply anything like that, and the game does already have a real ending. Being able to continue after the credits roll is just an extra feature, which was added as there was clearly a demand for it, but the game would not have been "incomplete" if after the credits it simply returned to the menu with no way to continue.

Removing all the main characters from the game world and automatically failing all sidequests related to them was the easiest way to implement support for free roaming after the game ends. Adding meaningful post-ending content (where all the characters have a significant amount of dialogue, preferably even quests, and respond realistically to the player's previous choices) that keeps the player interested for more than just a few minutes would have been a lot of work, and while I do not say I would not have liked if it was there, it is understandable that the developers chose the easier option. There are also more than enough issues with content before the ending, and in my opinion fixing those would be at least as important.

Personally, I would like to see post-ending content (including new areas) as an additional paid expansion or two. However, realistically it is more likely that only the already announced two expansions will be made, as I suspect by the time those are released there would not be enough interest in the game to make further major expansions profitable, and the developers would already focus mainly on Cyberpunk.

An enhanced edition of the game could also fix a number of issues related to the story and characters, and add some content after the ending. But I do not know if an enhanced edition is actually going to be made, and if yes, how significant the additions would be.

Last edited:
Ok so after a 10 days ban i'm finaly back, and let me say it: I am super happy to see this thread growing up.
I actually spent time to read all the posts after the last one i saw, and there are some nice suggestions, one more think i am really excited about is the new modding tool.

I think that is @cdprojekt RED does a post main-story content like we suggest, we will have alot of awsome quests and new content created by other people. I have in mind some nice quests but the problem is that i need Ciri and Yenn to make them.
So i really hope that we will have a post main-story end content, BUT I DON'T WANT a post main-story content made by modders why?

Well because if CD Projekt RED make the content it will have some dialogs, cutscenes and interactions like hunt and romance with actual voice acting. I don't say we should have hours and hours of dialogs and voice acting, NO just a few dialogs for each main character to feel that they are actually in the game.
And then modders could make new quests, contracts and other to do with Ciri and the others. BUT WITH a Pre-made post main-story content MADE by CD Projekt RED.

I'll think this is a nice idea and a very good summery of what we are all asking:
I have a few suggestions for endgame interactions and locations with the main characters if CDPR decide to add them back in, depending on choices made.

Ciri

Witcher Ending:

Have her as a companion when undertaking contracts.
Play gwent with her, even give her a few cards
Horse races
Talking about the events that happened

Empress Ending:

Visit her and catch up on things
Talk about the events

Dead:

Nothing

Yennefer or Triss (Depending on who you chose)

Romance
Talking about events
(Triss) Talking about departure to Kovir

Locations:

Ciri

Witcher Ending:

Radovid Dead and Dijikstra Ruling

Kaer Morhen
Novigrad - Dandelion's Inn, Triss' Shop, Golden Sturgeon
White Orchard - Inn

Radovid Dead and Nilfgaard Takeover

Kaer Morhen
Novigrad (Same places as above but with her hood on due to detection from Nilfgaardiens)
White Orchard - Inn

Radovid Alive

Kaer Morhen
White Orchard - Inn

Empress Ending:

Vizima

Yennefer

Kaer Morhen

Triss Merigold

Kaer Morhen (If romanced)
Novigrad - Dandelions Inn, Her Shop (If Radovid is dead, if not then nowhere in Novigrad)

I have tried and Ciri can attack, Triss also but Yennefer can't attack, she's afraid !

And NPC can't run...

I tried it to after my 2 hours going arround and trying to find them :). But it din't really worked for me you can't talk with them, can do anything they just stay arround like a dog. So
Us ps4 and Xbox owners are dying even more now
belive me you don't miss anything because you can't really do anything with them.

I'll write again my suggestions hopping devs will read them:
1) Put main characters back in the post main-story with interactions like: dialogs, hunt/training Ciri, romance for Yenn/Triss and other interactions like qwent or drinking with all of the main characters. This way Geralt and we will have more time to spent with them. (I'm not asking for a lot of dialogs just a few to be able to talk with them).

2) Let us decide when we want to end the game for expample we've ended all secondary quests, all treasure hunting, all contracts in Ciris company, we've explored all the world and we are tired of Yenn or Triss ok, AT this point there should be a quest like some one suggested that can be activated when we want that will end the game with a cutscene and will take us in a NG+.

3) I think the expansions shoul work in the post main-story, this way we don't need to start the game again just po play 10 hours.
Oh and I am sure that a post main-story content with characters interactions would give all players much more playtime then only the expansions.
And this from @RiseOfRose1

Originally Posted by RiseOfRose1 View Post
I have a few suggestions for endgame interactions and locations with the main characters if CDPR decide to add them back in, depending on choices made.

Ciri

Witcher Ending:

Have her as a companion when undertaking contracts.
Play gwent with her, even give her a few cards
Horse races
Talking about the events that happened

Empress Ending:

Visit her and catch up on things
Talk about the events

Dead:

Nothing

Yennefer or Triss (Depending on who you chose)

Romance
Talking about events
(Triss) Talking about departure to Kovir

Locations:

Ciri

Witcher Ending:

Radovid Dead and Dijikstra Ruling

Kaer Morhen
Novigrad - Dandelion's Inn, Triss' Shop, Golden Sturgeon
White Orchard - Inn

Radovid Dead and Nilfgaard Takeover

Kaer Morhen
Novigrad (Same places as above but with her hood on due to detection from Nilfgaardiens)
White Orchard - Inn

Radovid Alive

Kaer Morhen
White Orchard - Inn

Empress Ending:

Vizima

Yennefer

Kaer Morhen

Triss Merigold

Kaer Morhen (If romanced)
Novigrad - Dandelions Inn, Her Shop (If Radovid is dead, if not then nowhere in Novigrad)

Okay, here's what I PERSONALLY want from CDPR (I apologize if I get off topic)

1: Ciri in her own DLC. Have her as a playable character in her own adventures after the post game. Make her upgradable and have different weapons because I feel CD Projekt Red forgot about Ciri during the end game.

2. Have all of our beloved characters in the post game and put them in specific areas and have small certain dialogues depending on what the ending was.

3. Make more than 2 DLC's for the game because only Two DLC shows that CD Projekt Red is already tired of this game.

1: Ciri in her own DLC. Have her as a playable character in her own adventures after the post game. Make her upgradable and have different weapons because I feel CD Projekt Red forgot about Ciri during the end game.

2. Have all of our beloved characters in the post game and put them in specific areas and have small certain dialogues depending on what the ending was.

3. Make more than 2 DLC's for the game because only Two DLC shows that CD Projekt Red is already tired of this game.

No point for Ciri to have her own DLC when she is pretty much getting her own game in Witcher 4

That third item is very dismissive of you. The two DLCs are immense, on top of a game that is already colossal. They're still being made and they'll inevitably have to be watched closely by CDPR after their launch to fix the inevitable bugs.

And item one is pretty much a third DLC you're asking for, which would also require LOADS of work. Which is fine if CDPR wants to do it, but that's not what is being argued in this particular thread.

There's a consensus (kind of) around @Witcher_Erune's suggested endgame state (requoted at the end of this post). I've suggested a final main quest that ends the playthrough (also requoted below), which some people liked.

To recap for the sake of anybody jumping in at this point: right now, after the main quest, the player can only continue the game in a barren and deflated pre-final-chapter state, with all main story content and character interactions gone. What this thread is requesting is for the endgame to happen immediately after the main quest, with some extra character content to wrap up the experience. It would keep the world alive longer while the player finishes the side quests, and also provide incentive to travel to each character and have a last conversation tree with them based on what happened during the playthrough.

For instance, Zoltan, standing in front of The Chameleon, could sum up what happens to Novigrad in one of his dialogue options, and on another say what he plans to do next (right now, Zoltan is there but has nothing new to say). We could get some closure with Priscilla, who last we see is healing on a bed. Triss and Yen's dialogue options could discuss their romance with Geralt depending on what happened. Essentially, a page or two of extra dialogue for each important character, and a relatively simple cosmetic change to Novigrad based on who's ruling it (see Witcher_Erune's suggestions below).

This wouldn't necessarily conflict with the narration-over-concept-art endings. The endgame state could be set before them and in accordance with them. Does Geralt get to live with Triss in Kovir? Then the endgame state happens before he moves there with her. Does he train Ciri? The endgame state happens before training starts. That's where my suggestion of a final main quest would come in. The player can at any time go to a location on the map that triggers a cutscene for whatever Geralt's ending is. That, coupled with extra character interactions, could even replace the narration-over-concept-art endings, but if CDPR wants to keep them, that would also work. See my requoted suggestion below.

@Dragonbird, do you think you could bring this to the attention of somebody at CDPR so they can update us on this matter? Devs have already responded to this thread as seen on the first post, but it was a good while ago before several patches and now the NG+.

Witcher_Erune's suggestion for endgame state:

Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune
Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

And mine for a final main quest:

And I repeat my suggestion to have an "epilogue" main quest that officially ends the playthrough with a cutscene based on what your ending was. Again, I use my ending as an example: Geralt took Ciri on the Path, then went with Triss to Kovir. The "epilogue" main quest could simply be a cutscene trigger where Geralt prepares to go on the Path with Ciri. Triss says she'll go to Kovir to prepare for her new job, find a place to live. Geralt says he'll meet her there, they kiss, and Geralt and Ciri go off into the woods together. The player would go trigger that cutscene whenever they felt like they were done with the side quests and exploring the world. Boom. Playthrough over. I'd say it's very much worth replacing the "narration over concept art" endings with that, just a few extra cutscenes like the "Ciri gets her new sword" one (which is beautiful).

There's a consensus (kind of) around @Witcher_Erune 's suggested endgame state (requoted at the end of this post). I've suggested a final main quest that ends the playthrough (also requoted below), which some people liked.

To recap for the sake of anybody jumping in at this point: right now, after the main quest, the player can only continue the game in a barren and deflated pre-final-chapter state, with all main story content and character interactions gone. What this thread is requesting is for the endgame to happen immediately after the main quest, with some extra character content to wrap up the experience. It would keep the world alive longer while the player finishes the side quests, and also provide incentive to travel to each character and have a last conversation tree with them based on what happened during the playthrough.

Ok i'll start saying that we don't want the game to end right before the main-story end, because like i said in a previous post this game isn't all about the main-story.
this game is like " 30% " main-story and the other in all side quests, contracts, characters and a stuning beautiful world to explore.
So basicly the idea of letting us play after the main-story isn't a bad idea because only the main-story is over not the game it self. The PROBLEM in my opinion is how @cdprojekt RED let us continue playing the game, in an empty sad and depressed world.

So i'll try to recap all the suggestions, so please feel free to correct me:

1) A post main-story content with some dialogs, interactions and a few quests with main characters like: hunt, romance, drinking and talking with them even with a few dialogs, just to have the chance to talk to them. So basicly having them back in locations and mods @Witcher_Erune suggested that you can read in the post above with some interactions.

2) An ending quests that we can activate when we want, this will give us the chance not only to interact with them and do some stuff together but also Will Let us play secondary quests, contracts and exploring the world knowing that we are not alone like a dog, but we have our friends and beloved ones that we can visit when we feel lonely on just want to talk or see to them.

Also this option of the ending quests the we activate only if we want will also give us the chance to create our quests with main characters or using content created by other players. I know many don't like the idea of quests created by the others but IT will still be chance to install them or not, and this could make the game pretty much last for long time ( but this of mods is just a personal opinion).

3) After we activated this quests when we want, it will end the game, give us ending credits and finaly will let us start in a NG+.

So as said before feel free to corect me or add some new ideas.

No point for Ciri to have her own DLC when she is pretty much getting her own game in Witcher 4

Totaly agree with you, not gonna explain why i thing she will be the next protagonis or WHO Knows on of the Two protagonists :) Because i write a long post in another thread and writing it again will be to long but i agree with you no sense for a Ciri DLC we will Have HER in TW4 :).

Well i repeat what @cyberpunkforever said: don't really understand what you really mean with this. The next two expansion will be 30+++ hours of gameplay, yes if confronted with the 200+h of the game it might seem not to much, but they are creating a completely new "world" with the second expansion and a lot of new quests for both.
Oh and who know maybe @cdprojekt RED will make us a surprise maybe for Christmas or New Year and bring us the post main-story content like a stad alone or included in one of the expansions.

Top Bottom