[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Totaly agree with you, not gonna explain why i thing she will be the next protagonis or WHO Knows on of the Two protagonists :) Because i write a long post in another thread and writing it again will be to long but i agree with you no sense for a Ciri DLC we will Have HER in TW4 :).

Read what I posted here about Ciri being protagonist.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51985-Do-we-want-Witcher-4/page19

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51985-Do-we-want-Witcher-4/page18

It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.

Chat bot

I was mentioning an idea a while ago.

Why not attach a chat bot to keep the immersion after game finish?

I know this have been tested in 'Oblivion'. It didn't quite turn out as intended. But it should be possible to attach the voice files to some text strings?

The 'Anna Bot' was a good example of how you can have a dialogue with something close to an AI. The system of the bot is extremely simple. It could be a way to keep up some kind of activity and immersion after the main story is closed?

Just going to add my voice to this. Really want the epilogue to have some impact from the ending you get. When games puts me in some artificial place before the last quest. I always just finish the storyline. then reload a save before the end quest and play all DLC and stuff from there on.

The suggestions made in Witcher-Erune's post seems like a very good way to fix the world state for the epilogue. And I know CDPR is hard at work with other important stuff, but I and many others would definitely appreciate you adding in stuff like this. Most developers I know ignore stuff like this, but I have a feeling CDPR cares more about their games than most other devs.

And add back slow walk for controllers, as that also ruins the immersion of this amazing game.

I agree that the main characters should be present post game. I understand that there are a lot of things to consider regarding the different endings and how each of the main characters would react. But post game, going to places where you'd expect the main characters to be and seeing that they aren't is just. for lack of a better word, lonely. It makes it more interesting if you'd bump into them from time to time. This would make the post game more enjoyable.

One interaction that they could have with Geralt post game is perhaps they could battle it out in a game of Gwent or Horse racing. Hahaha!

According to Steam achievement statistics, of the people who have the Lilac and Gooseberries achievement from the beginning of the game, only about 29% even got Passed the Trial for completing the game on any difficulty.

That's so broken, though. I don't have the Passed The Trial achievement but I did complete the game.

Radovid's death would probably not put an end to the witch hunt immediately - the Church, despite losing one of its key patrons, remains a powerful institution. So un fortunately the Witch Hunters and Temple Guards may still roam Novigrad for the moment - meaning Yen, Triss and other magic users would have to be somewhere else, more realistically Kaer Morhen, although I'd love to see a different place for your friends to stay other than that crumbling fortress of some really bad memories.

Also - does Novigrad go to Nilfgaard in the end? In the case where Radovid's dead and Dijkstra doesn't rule, it might as well retain its free city status (although certainly coming under Nilfgaardian influence) - and therefore not too many Black Ones would be there, though definitely none of the Redanians either.

Lambert and Eskel should be at Kaer Morhen, planning their future. Letho and Keira too.

Also apparently post-game White Orchard is filled with Nilfgaardian soldiers again - either take them out or replace them with Redanian/Temerian ones.

Finally, if you romanced Triss or Yen, you should ideally expect some "action"...just go and ask them (or in the case of Yen, she would probably come and ask Geralt for it on her own accord). Even a quiet moment of intimacy would do.

Last edited:
Lambert and Eskel both clearly stated that Vesemir was the only thing that kept them there. They both want to move on.

Yeah, Kaer Morhen being empty makes dramatic AND thematic sense. It would be more interesting and adequate to find Lambert and Eskel out in the world. As I said before, one of the best things about an epilogue like the one we're suggesting is that it would give players the incentive to go exploring and have last conversations with the main characters, some of whom you know where they are, some of whom you don't.

Lambert and Eskel both clearly stated that Vesemir was the only thing that kept them there. They both want to move on.

I know, I simply find it hard to immediately think of a better place for them to be - sure, anywhere other than Kaer Morhen may be better, but I'd prefer seeing them packing up there for a bit. Eskel is apparently heading East, and Kaer Morhen for now is as East as it can be without him completely vanishing from the game world. Same for Letho - you can ask him to stay for a while, but after that he's probably heading to Zerrikania. So now Kaer Morhen as everyone's last stop before they go their own ways makes sense to me, especially considering how unlikely it is for CDPR to do much about the post-game world state.

Last edited:
totally agree. I was sad to return to an empty Kaer Morhen. No Yennefer, Triss, or Ciri. Plus Dandelion in the Chameleon says the same dialogue. I wish there were unique post-game dialogue.

Didn't they acquire funds recently? I hope that will improve the game to be even better

The funds they are acquiring off this game is probably triple the amount of the last two games, they are busy with cyberpunk 2077 but hopefully they have the time to fit in a true endgame state.

I keep finding more people with the same problem - https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...after_beating/
Yes i've seen different threads about this ptoblem, in different languages.

So i'll write this thing again:
1) A post main-story content with some dialogs, interactions and a few quests with main characters like: hunt, romance, drinking and talking with them even with a few dialogs, just to have the chance to talk to them. So basicly having them back in locations and mods @Witcher_Erune suggested that you can read in the post above with some interactions.

2) An ending quests that we can activate when we want, this will give us the chance not only to interact with them and do some stuff together but also Will Let us play secondary quests, contracts and exploring the world knowing that we are not alone like a dog, but we have our friends and beloved ones that we can visit when we feel lonely on just want to talk or see to them.

Also this option of the ending quests the we activate only if we want will also give us the chance to create our quests with main characters or using content created by other players. I know many don't like the idea of quests created by the others but IT will still be chance to install them or not, and this could make the game pretty much last for long time ( but this of mods is just a personal opinion).

3) After we activated this quests when we want, it will end the game, give us ending credits and finaly will let us start in a NG+.
Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

It would be nice to have a way to contact directly a dev :).

I doubt they will answer it that way. I only believe in Enchanced Edition, not a patch. But we can't be sure it's coming, too.

Top Bottom